Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: World CorrUPt Soccer  (Read 20829 times)

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
  • Records were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: World CorrUPt Soccer
« Reply #175 on: July 17, 2011, 06:28:51 PM »
She had the best approach, the best strike, didn't telegraph, and put the ball exactly where she wanted to.  THAT'S why it was the best shot.  It's not a coincidence that she scored on it.

Now shut the frick up while adults are talking, you sniveling little wizard sleeve.

More brilliant deductive reasoning. The sky is blue, grass is green, and a player that scored did so because she did things correctly. Thanks for clearing that up with totally broad generalizations of soccer technique.

What a piece of shit attention whore you are.

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline WPFM

• Schadenfreude
  • King of the Hogs
  • no artificial sweeteners
« Reply #176 on: July 17, 2011, 06:30:40 PM »

More brilliant deductive reasoning. The sky is blue, grass is green, and a player that scored did so because she did things correctly. Thanks for clearing that up with totally broad generalizations of soccer technique.

What a piece of shit attention whore you are.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9M_nw6p8qs

Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #177 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:03 PM »

"The only person that said anything you should be offended by is chop sooie and I think most have learned to ignore him by now."

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #178 on: July 17, 2011, 10:36:10 PM »
I am convinced there isn't one single topic in the world that Chop knows anything about.

It didn't matter if the other girls scored or not, it was obvious that were not good at PK.  The were slow, looked exactly where they were going to shoot and didn't get much pace on the kicks.  That allowed the Japanese keeper to know exactly where to go.  Hell, the one shot was SO telegraphed, so deliberate and so slow that the goalkeeper dove and actually overshot it.  The kicker didn't get the keeper to guess wrong, she just was SO fucking bad at the PK that the keeper knew where to go and had to save it with her trailing foot because our girl was so inept. 

Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline WPFM

• Schadenfreude
  • King of the Hogs
  • no artificial sweeteners
« Reply #179 on: July 17, 2011, 10:50:12 PM »
I am convinced there isn't one single topic in the world that Chop knows anything about.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3U5shDFmGtA

Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline APhiOHog

• It's been awhile.
  • Boar
  • Rocky Mountain High
« Reply #180 on: July 18, 2011, 12:57:45 AM »

It doesn't even have anything to do with soccer.  He's just butthurt because I called him out on his stupid Hope Solo "joke."  It wouldn't have mattered what I posted after that - instead of taking me to task on my original post that he actually had a problem with, he's being a passive-aggressive little bitch with everything else I wrote.  Typical chop behavior, and another fine example of what makes him one of the worst posters on this board.

Offline TC

• King of the Hogs
  • Bout to get juicy.
« Reply #181 on: July 18, 2011, 01:32:14 AM »

That game might have qualified as one of the best-worst choke jobs had it not been for the fact that we were the last to qualify, so even making it to the final was overachieving.  Given the USA teams youth, shouldn't many of them be back next cup?

Offline hogsfan4life

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #182 on: July 18, 2011, 07:04:00 AM »
OMG that's hilarious!!

:maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed: :maundoed:

Do you need a roommate?

A Tapout tattoo will look great with your do-rag, wife-beater, ankle-monitor, and blank resume

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #183 on: July 18, 2011, 09:15:09 AM »
That game might have qualified as one of the best-worst choke jobs had it not been for the fact that we were the last to qualify, so even making it to the final was overachieving.  Given the USA teams youth, shouldn't many of them be back next cup?

Many will be.  The problem is that many of the other teams are full of youth as well.  Also, the lack of finishing around the goal is something that dooms both our men and women.  We had a size, speed and strength advantage yesterday and we had a WC experience advantage and still lost because we got about 50 chances to score and whiffed on most of them.  It could have easily been 5-0 in the first 20 minutes.  Yet there we were, 0-0, and giving life and confidence to them.  

I see this as almost a completely opposite problem to our basketball in this country.  I think our soccer players have played their entire lives in a structured setting.  Playing on teams, all-star teams and clinics and such.  The problem is that they don't develop those 'street-ball' skills that you get from playing pick-up games in the dust of a back alley.  This probably doesn't apply so much to the women's game as it does the men's game, but you get the point. Those crazy finishes in traffic that you see other teams do, many learned those things playing 'street-ball'.  We just don't have that creativity in our soccer programs.  We have some of the fundamentals, but there are just some things you don't learn while always playing on a full-sized pitch with set teams.  Playing on a crowded street or lot teaches you some of those skills I believe.  That is what allows us to play against some teams that are 'better' sometimes.  We can play disciplined defense and can catch them from time to time.  This is mostly the men I think, but until we get those abilities to finish, we won't ever be elite.  We can't create and we can't win those games where the other team makes one mistake during the whole game and we make them pay for it.  We need chance after chance after chance and finally score.  Good teams don't give you that many chances.

I think basketball is the opposite.  Many of our youth have played street-ball their whole lives.  That is why on the creative side, we dominate.  The problem is that many of them have never learned the structured part of the game that you usually learn through a college program.  They just have creativity, but don't have the structured fundamentals.  That is why when they come up against a very disciplined team, they struggle often times.  

I think our soccer will struggle until you see elite athlete youth playing pick-up games instead of playing basketball.  That means from the inner-city, often black, youth playing soccer, being identified as a talent and put into a program.  Which...means it will never happen.  I have often said that the next Pele' has probably come through America and ended up toiling away in minor-league baseball as an average talent, but never touched a soccer ball.  Much like if Jordan had pursued his love of baseball instead of basketball.  He would have been 'Ok' but we surely wouldn't have known him as the greatest basketball player ever to play.  

Next time you are watching football on Saturday, look at all the awesome athletes playing that are just pretty good, but probably won't play in the NFL and then imagine that entire stock of athletes playing soccer their entire lives instead, year after year, and do you still wonder if we could ever be a world power?  In other countries, all those athletes have already tried soccer from an early age and been identified as talents.

Just my opinion.

Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Can our Admin change the thread title to Austin Allen's Cock?  If so, then put me down for 10 inches, at least.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2011, 10:45:17 AM »
I don't think anyone can disagree with the assessment on the men' soccer team or men's basketball.  An Olympics or two back when all were having the quadrennial discussion about "what's wrong with our men's team," Darrel Dawkins (the original Chocolate Thunder from Planet Lovetron) wrote an interesting piece on "white" basketball versus "black" basketball, essentially arguing you needed both the creativity and flair of one and the fundamentals and discipline of the other to be a great team.  He particularly talked about how some of our home grown NBA stars were terrible at playing without the ball on offense.

Regarding men's soccer, there's no question our country's best athletes are pulled in different directions and that isn't likely to change as long as (i) there's big money to be earned in the Big 3 American pro sports and (ii) our public schools from 7th grade on essentially subsidize the identification and development of football and basketball players.

But, as far as the women's team, I think we already have one of the elite teams of the world.  Thy just didn't win it all this year.  Neither did Germany.  Neither did Sweden.  Did anyone hear a peep out of China this year?  I think there have only been six world cups and we have won two and finished second yesterday.  As far as elite athletes, we increasingly are getting the elite female athletes in this country, from age four on up.  Sure, plenty get siphoned off to other sports but nothing like with the guys.  And unliker like men's pro soccer where the elites leagues are all in Europe, the closest female equivalent (though it barely qualifies) is right here in the US.  Girls can go see Marta, for example, playing for the Western New York Flash (I think).

As far as lacking the flair or street smarts of women growing up elsewhere, I don't know if watching one world cup is enough to make such inferences.  The two goals we scored yesterday, and the game tier against Brazil, were gorgeously conceived and executed.  The two we gave up were because we screwed up ourselves on clearing the ball out and not defending a set piece.  Maybe that proves your point, I don't know.  I think it was simply the case of one good team repeatedly missing open shots on that particular day, leaving them susceptible to another good team taking advantage of a rare defensive lapse and making a great shot of their own.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2011, 10:46:19 AM »
Points taken.

But...we missed several chances that were set up for as easy a goal as you will EVER see in big time soccer.  

I liked the kick that hit the top of the net.  The female commentator raved about how well it was hit etc.  I could only imagine raving like that about a free throw that missed, it was bizarre.

We did a world class choke job, one for the ages.  I am not a soccer fan, but I am a USA athletics fan, no matter the sport.  I don't think I have ever seen a team lose that had such a physical advantage over their opponents.  Well, besides the Aggies back in the old SWC.  Oh, and we got a couple of offsides calls go our way, including one that stopped a Japanese breakaway.  We even got the calls in this one and managed, somehow, to lose.

The guy I was watching the game...er...match with...I told him we'd better not go to free kicks.  We'll miss the net.  SOB, I was right.  

Very disappointing, very frustrating.

Just ask the Axis

razorwire

« Reply #186 on: July 18, 2011, 11:23:39 AM »
 :smirey:  So, that's what "Zen Soccer" looks like.......   :-*

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #187 on: July 18, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »

It didn't matter if the other girls scored or not, it was obvious that were not good at PK.  The were slow, looked exactly where they were going to shoot and didn't get much pace on the kicks.  That allowed the Japanese keeper to know exactly where to go.  Starkville, the one shot was SO telegraphed, so deliberate and so slow that the goalkeeper dove and actually overshot it.  The kicker didn't get the keeper to guess wrong, she just was SO fricking bad at the PK that the keeper knew where to go and had to save it with her trailing foot because our girl was so inept.  

You know, if AphuckuHog had actually posted this, to explain why and how the shots were telegraphed, and gave examples I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it. At least there's some analysis there. The inaccuracy of his rebuke to my Hope Solo joke aside (the reason jokes themselves have humor is because they have a certain degree of misdirection or inaccuracy to them, so he's wrong about that as well, but water will continue to be wet), he hasn't posted one entire thing in this single thread that doesn't scream "obvious" or "generalization." We all get it APhuckUHog, you can hear the announcers. Same as the rest of us. Try not to be so butthurt about me calling you out all the time.

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline APhiOHog

• It's been awhile.
  • Boar
  • Rocky Mountain High
« Reply #188 on: July 18, 2011, 12:31:55 PM »
You know, if AphuckuHog had actually posted this, to explain why and how the shots were telegraphed, and gave examples I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it. At least there's some analysis there. The inaccuracy of his rebuke to my Hope Solo joke aside (the reason jokes themselves have humor is because they have a certain degree of misdirection or inaccuracy to them, so he's wrong about that as well, but water will continue to be wet), he hasn't posted one entire thing in this single thread that doesn't scream "obvious" or "generalization." We all get it APhuckUHog, you can hear the announcers. Same as the rest of us. Try not to be so butthurt about me calling you out all the time.

Why can't you just reply to me, you immature little twit?  I swear to God, watching you post is like reading shit a 13-year-old girl would type.  "APuckUHog," really?  That's clever.  I might have to petition the Admins for a screenname change for that gem.

I didn't think describing Wambach's approach, strike, or confidence in approaching the ball - taken in contrast to the other 3 PK'ers - was being overly obvious or vague.  I was just making an observation; I didn't think it needed to be discussed ad nauseum.  There appears to be at least 3 other posters in this thread that didn't think it warranted further analysis.

And yes, I did think our fitness was going to give us an advantage over the Japanese.  It did, to a certain extent, particularly on the first goal, but we didn't play good enough defense to protect our own goal.  So I guess I was wrong there.  I'll be the first to admit it.  I also wonder if Solo going down lame right before that last corner didn't play a role, by giving the Japanese more time to plan their set piece. 

But it doesn't really make a lot of sense to call me out (however indirectly and passive-aggressively you choose to do so), when you have contributed NOTHING of substance yourself - and haven't for about as long as I can remember.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #189 on: July 18, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »

I'll preface this by saying I'm far from an expert, so these comments are really questions because maybe there are some nuances to the PK rules I don't know.   

Not that it matters, because we should've never gone to penalty kicks and the execution was poor anyway, but I thought the lineup was very curious.  Japan already had the advantage of seeing our PKs against Brazil and being able to review film to spot tendencies of our shooters, so what did we do?  Run out the same lineup in the same order.  Well, except Tobin Heath in place of Megan Rapinoe. 

Which brings me to another point.  Why Tobin Heath?  I know Rapinoe was pulled late in the game (also curious) and thus ineligible for PKs, but why not put in the assassin Alex Morgan?  No, we went with a girl who was not really into the flow of the game, having played about 5-10 minutes of extra time and didn't do much to show for that, other than giving away one late possession with an ill-advised pass that my 6-year-old daughter could've stolen.

I mean, I guess this coach is above questioning since no one else has that I've heard about.  But man, I thought that was odd.

Fast guy, but can't see a hole if Moses or Jenna Jameson opened it for him.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• Emperor of Woopig
  • savage
« Reply #190 on: July 18, 2011, 01:29:51 PM »
I thought Alex Morgan should've been one of, if not the, first PK's up.

"I was right, but things change."

Offline Law_Hawg

• Have you ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?
  • Emperor of Woopig
« Reply #191 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:02 PM »
We're talking about poor finishing of good scoring chances?

Are you all sure we're not talking about the men's team here?

That said, looks like Robert Wagman probably summed it up best on Soccertimes.com:

Throughout this Women's World Cup, the United States women squandered numerous scoring chances. In the tournament final, this failure finally cost them, preventing them from seizing early control of today's match with Japan.

« Last Edit: July 18, 2011, 02:05:45 PM by Law_Hawg »
I see that you have made three spelling mistakes.   -Thomas de Mahy, Marquis de Favras, upon reading his death warrant.

Offline chop sooie

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #192 on: July 18, 2011, 02:10:09 PM »
Why can't you just reply to me, you immature little twit?  I swear to God, watching you post is like reading aMm a 13-year-old girl would type.  "APuckUHog," really?  That's clever.  I might have to petition the Admins for a screenname change for that gem.

I didn't think describing Wambach's approach, strike, or confidence in approaching the ball - taken in contrast to the other 3 PK'ers - was being overly obvious or vague.  I was just making an observation; I didn't think it needed to be discussed ad nauseum.  There appears to be at least 3 other posters in this thread that didn't think it warranted further analysis.

And yes, I did think our fitness was going to give us an advantage over the Japanese.  It did, to a certain extent, particularly on the first goal, but we didn't play good enough defense to protect our own goal.  So I guess I was wrong there.  I'll be the first to admit it.  I also wonder if Solo going down lame right before that last corner didn't play a role, by giving the Japanese more time to plan their set piece.  

But it doesn't really make a lot of sense to call me out (however indirectly and passive-aggressively you choose to do so), when you have contributed NOTHING of substance yourself - and haven't for about as long as I can remember.

And you have? Go frick yourself with that thought, you arrogant snot nosed piece of aMm. This is the problem that ex frat boy types never seem to grasp. This board would be no different, ZERO difference, understand, if you weren't around. You think you're the world, but your posts reek of trite plagiarisms of other folks' thoughts. Have you ever even had a modicum of creativity? At least I provide some decent form of entertainment, even if it is misplaced. You bring aMm to this board and hope it sticks somewhere. How does it feel to have pointed out to you that you matter not a whit? And you complain to me that I don't reply just to you, yet you felt like the whole world needed to know you didn't approve of my joke post? Fuck you Skippy. I'm sure though that you got in good with somebody's daddy somewhere along the line so you didn't bring anything of originality or substance to your role in life either. Typical. You're by far the worst poster here, not because everything you post is wrong, necessarily, but just because it's so.... BLAND.

-LashHog, 06/09/2008

Offline APhiOHog

• It's been awhile.
  • Boar
  • Rocky Mountain High
« Reply #193 on: July 18, 2011, 03:21:28 PM »
And you have? Go frick yourself with that thought, you arrogant snot nosed piece of aMm. This is the problem that ex frat boy types never seem to grasp. This board would be no different, ZERO difference, understand, if you weren't around. You think you're the world, but your posts reek of trite plagiarisms of other folks' thoughts. Have you ever even had a modicum of creativity? At least I provide some decent form of entertainment, even if it is misplaced. You bring aMm to this board and hope it sticks somewhere. How does it feel to have pointed out to you that you matter not a whit? And you complain to me that I don't reply just to you, yet you felt like the whole world needed to know you didn't approve of my joke post? Fuck you Skippy. I'm sure though that you got in good with somebody's daddy somewhere along the line so you didn't bring anything of originality or substance to your role in life either. Typical. You're by far the worst poster here, not because everything you post is wrong, necessarily, but just because it's so.... BLAND.

Ha ha ha, etc.

You know nothing about me, who I am, or what I'm about.  I don't have to defend myself to anyone on here, least of all your sorry ass.  If you don't like what I post, the Ignore User button is conveniently located.

Offline hogsrunwild

• Emperor of Woopig
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:30 PM »
Ha ha ha, etc.

You know nothing about me, who I am, or what I'm about.  I don't have to defend myself to anyone on here, least of all your sorry ass.  If you don't like what I post, the Ignore User button is conveniently located.

I hear he is looking for a roomie if you are interested.

Offline Hobo

• Boar
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2011, 05:57:52 PM »
I hear he is looking for a roomie if you are interested.
BvC would be jealous.

Offline Thin Red Swine

• Emperor of Woopig
  • There’s no girl exactly like her.
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2011, 06:38:10 AM »
Well, he's acting like a teenage girl.  So I guess HipHog would be more jealous.

Fast guy, but can't see a hole if Moses or Jenna Jameson opened it for him.

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2011, 06:15:21 PM »
Well, he's acting like a teenage girl.  So I guess HipHog would be more jealous.

Well, I promised not to actually start a thread until 500 posts or so, and this thread is about wimmin's sports, so here goes.  Rupert Murdoch's young chinese former volleyball playing wife jumped to his defense today and bitch-slapped a would-be pie thrower as Rupert testified before Parliament.  Man, that chick can leap.  If she ever lands wrong, she'll break old Rupert's weiner clean off.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7vhgw2s6tA&feature=player_detailpage

"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

razorwire

« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2011, 11:39:15 AM »
She made his son look like a little puthy!  She had already laid the guy out before he cleared his chair!   :rainbow:

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • Emperor of Woopig
  • Ya mo be there?
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.