Razorback-Related > Razorback Discussion

World CorrUPt Soccer

<< < (38/40) > >>

Snorts:
Points taken.

But...we missed several chances that were set up for as easy a goal as you will EVER see in big time soccer.  

I liked the kick that hit the top of the net.  The female commentator raved about how well it was hit etc.  I could only imagine raving like that about a free throw that missed, it was bizarre.

We did a world class choke job, one for the ages.  I am not a soccer fan, but I am a USA athletics fan, no matter the sport.  I don't think I have ever seen a team lose that had such a physical advantage over their opponents.  Well, besides the Aggies back in the old SWC.  Oh, and we got a couple of offsides calls go our way, including one that stopped a Japanese breakaway.  We even got the calls in this one and managed, somehow, to lose.

The guy I was watching the game...er...match with...I told him we'd better not go to free kicks.  We'll miss the net.  SOB, I was right.  

Very disappointing, very frustrating.

razorwire:
 :smirey:  So, that's what "Zen Soccer" looks like.......   :-*

chop sooie:

--- Quote from: hogsrunwild on July 17, 2011, 10:36:10 PM ---I am convinced there isn't one single topic in the world that Chop knows anything about.

It didn't matter if the other girls scored or not, it was obvious that were not good at PK.  The were slow, looked exactly where they were going to shoot and didn't get much pace on the kicks.  That allowed the Japanese keeper to know exactly where to go.  Starkville, the one shot was SO telegraphed, so deliberate and so slow that the goalkeeper dove and actually overshot it.  The kicker didn't get the keeper to guess wrong, she just was SO fricking bad at the PK that the keeper knew where to go and had to save it with her trailing foot because our girl was so inept.  

--- End quote ---

You know, if AphuckuHog had actually posted this, to explain why and how the shots were telegraphed, and gave examples I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it. At least there's some analysis there. The inaccuracy of his rebuke to my Hope Solo joke aside (the reason jokes themselves have humor is because they have a certain degree of misdirection or inaccuracy to them, so he's wrong about that as well, but water will continue to be wet), he hasn't posted one entire thing in this single thread that doesn't scream "obvious" or "generalization." We all get it APhuckUHog, you can hear the announcers. Same as the rest of us. Try not to be so butthurt about me calling you out all the time.

APhiOHog:

--- Quote from: chop sooie on July 18, 2011, 11:32:06 AM ---You know, if AphuckuHog had actually posted this, to explain why and how the shots were telegraphed, and gave examples I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it. At least there's some analysis there. The inaccuracy of his rebuke to my Hope Solo joke aside (the reason jokes themselves have humor is because they have a certain degree of misdirection or inaccuracy to them, so he's wrong about that as well, but water will continue to be wet), he hasn't posted one entire thing in this single thread that doesn't scream "obvious" or "generalization." We all get it APhuckUHog, you can hear the announcers. Same as the rest of us. Try not to be so butthurt about me calling you out all the time.

--- End quote ---

Why can't you just reply to me, you immature little twit?  I swear to God, watching you post is like reading shit a 13-year-old girl would type.  "APuckUHog," really?  That's clever.  I might have to petition the Admins for a screenname change for that gem.

I didn't think describing Wambach's approach, strike, or confidence in approaching the ball - taken in contrast to the other 3 PK'ers - was being overly obvious or vague.  I was just making an observation; I didn't think it needed to be discussed ad nauseum.  There appears to be at least 3 other posters in this thread that didn't think it warranted further analysis.

And yes, I did think our fitness was going to give us an advantage over the Japanese.  It did, to a certain extent, particularly on the first goal, but we didn't play good enough defense to protect our own goal.  So I guess I was wrong there.  I'll be the first to admit it.  I also wonder if Solo going down lame right before that last corner didn't play a role, by giving the Japanese more time to plan their set piece. 

But it doesn't really make a lot of sense to call me out (however indirectly and passive-aggressively you choose to do so), when you have contributed NOTHING of substance yourself - and haven't for about as long as I can remember.

Thin Red Swine:

I'll preface this by saying I'm far from an expert, so these comments are really questions because maybe there are some nuances to the PK rules I don't know.   

Not that it matters, because we should've never gone to penalty kicks and the execution was poor anyway, but I thought the lineup was very curious.  Japan already had the advantage of seeing our PKs against Brazil and being able to review film to spot tendencies of our shooters, so what did we do?  Run out the same lineup in the same order.  Well, except Tobin Heath in place of Megan Rapinoe. 

Which brings me to another point.  Why Tobin Heath?  I know Rapinoe was pulled late in the game (also curious) and thus ineligible for PKs, but why not put in the assassin Alex Morgan?  No, we went with a girl who was not really into the flow of the game, having played about 5-10 minutes of extra time and didn't do much to show for that, other than giving away one late possession with an ill-advised pass that my 6-year-old daughter could've stolen.

I mean, I guess this coach is above questioning since no one else has that I've heard about.  But man, I thought that was odd.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version