Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 Polls  (Read 82863 times)

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
Re: 2011 Polls
« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2011, 02:54:16 PM »
If LSU beats Bama, then Ark will have no chance of beating LSU. The refs will see to it. Slive will do what he has to do to continue the streak of consecutive national champions from the SEC. You can be sure of that.
Explain Arkansas beating #1 LSU in Baton Rogue when wood was broughten? Think the SEC wanted us winning that one?

Sure LSU still managed to get the BCSNCG with two losses but it looked bleak.

Online Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2011, 03:08:42 PM »
Explain Arkansas beating #1 LSU in Baton Rogue when wood was broughten? Think the SEC wanted us winning that one?

Give Les some credit, he can out coach a good SEC official ass raping.

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2011, 03:29:18 PM »

Sure LSU still managed to get the BCSNCG with two losses but it looked bleak.

At that point, the SEC had won only the first of it's now five consecutive NC's.  I do think the streak is very important to the league now, and I do have some concern.  It's not as though we haven't all witnessed, if not outright hose jobs, at least "questionable" officiating, particularly on the road.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #128 on: October 22, 2011, 10:32:11 PM »

Wisconsin lost, OU game is irrelevant since I don't think if they lose they fall behind us.  We win in ugly fashion.  K St is undefeated currently behind us.

Where we at?

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #129 on: October 22, 2011, 10:36:12 PM »
Wisconsin lost, OU game is irrelevant since I don't think if they lose they fall behind us.  We win in ugly fashion.  K St is undefeated currently behind us.

Where we at?

Between 7 and 12...

Assuming OU goes down...

LSU
Bama
OK St
Stanford
Clemson
Boise
*********** above = locked.  Below= fluid
Arkansas
Kansas St
Oregon
Mich st
OU
Wisc
« Last Edit: October 22, 2011, 10:57:24 PM by big_pale »
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #130 on: October 22, 2011, 10:56:00 PM »
Between 7 and 11...

Sometimes I can't believe I get this aMm for free.

And I'm not so sure now that OU doesnt fall below us if this ass pounding Tech is giving them holds up.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #131 on: October 23, 2011, 12:30:56 AM »
Boise struggled today too, but you wont her about that
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #132 on: October 23, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »
OU has to drop to 11 or 12.  They aMm the bed at home as a 28 point favorite.  There are quite a few one loss teams that deserve to be ahead of them. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #133 on: October 23, 2011, 01:49:31 AM »
Looking towards next week, re: teams in front of us and/or currently breathing down our necks.

Okie State plays Baylor (Bears could pull it out.)
Clemson plays GTech (Guess they'll live another week.)
Stanford plays USC (Meh. Digression: BMusburger mentioned next week's competition between Luck and Barkley as a "battle of Heisman hopefuls," earlier tonight. Ha.)
K-State plays OU (I'm thinking OU will be good and ready to release some anger.)
Meatchicken State hosts Nebraska.
And, of course, Bammer and LSU are in preparation for the war of wars.

If we could figure out what's with our slow-starting issues, take care of the scrubs we play in between now and Thanksgiving, and somehow put together a decent D that plays both halves in time for LSU, we're gonna be right up there in the mix.

(On a completely unrelated note, I'm very glad that none of our coaching staff wear visors. I cannot think one coach off of the top of my head who wears a visor that doesn't come off as a complete douche canoe: Kiffin, Stoops, Spurrier, Chip Kelly...)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 01:53:11 AM by Das Uberschwein »

Online PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #134 on: October 23, 2011, 01:55:20 AM »
If Clemson and Stanford could lose next week, it is going to get crazy.  You'd be looking at a top 5 of LSU, Bama, OSU, Boise, Ark.  Boise's SOS is so low I doubt they get any consideration. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #135 on: October 23, 2011, 02:06:02 AM »
If Clemson and Stanford could lose next week, it is going to get crazy.  You'd be looking at a top 5 of LSU, Bama, OSU, Boise, Ark.  Boise's SOS is so low I doubt they get any consideration.

I don't know about next week, but Clemson still has a good Wake team, a pretty good NC State, and a banged up SCAR tp play, plus the ACC Championship Game. I'm thinking there number is going to come up at least once before bowl season rolls around.

Stanford has the Trojans, OSU, Oregon, Cal, Notre Dame, and the Pac 12 Championship. If one of them fails to get the task done, maybe ASU has a chance to surprise them in the P12CG.

Course, this could end up being a year where each of the contenders has a loss - but, I still don't see anyone beating Bama. They got their wake-up call today, and will play (and I believe beat) the toughest opponent they'll face all year in a couple of weeks.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #136 on: October 23, 2011, 08:11:32 AM »
I don't know about next week, but Clemson still has a good Wake team, a pretty good NC State, and a banged up SCAR tp play, plus the ACC Championship Game. I'm thinking there number is going to come up at least once before bowl season rolls around.

Stanford has the Trojans, OSU, Oregon, Cal, Notre Dame, and the Pac 12 Championship. If one of them fails to get the task done, maybe ASU has a chance to surprise them in the P12CG.

Course, this could end up being a year where each of the contenders has a loss - but, I still don't see anyone beating Bama. They got their wake-up call today, and will play (and I believe beat) the toughest opponent they'll face all year in a couple of weeks.

Clemson has GaTech, and that's about it.  Wake might upset them the way TT did OU, but Clemson has way more talent.  NC State is horrible and the way the SoCar rivalry tends to go, when one team is hot they usually win the game easily. It's not a series to expect an upset.  If they get by GaTech, I think they win out.

I think Stanford goes undefeated along with the winner of LSU/Bama.  They'll be exposed in the championship game by 30 points while the announcers hump Andrew Luck's leg after every interception he throws.

way too early BCS prediction:

ROSE: Oregon v Michigan St
FIESTA: Okie St v Boise St
SUGAR: LSU/Arkansas v Kansas St
ORANGE: Clemson v West Vagina

BCS: Bama v Stanford
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline AGNK

• WPS
  • Boar
« Reply #137 on: October 23, 2011, 09:11:58 AM »
BCS: Bama v Stanford

I have to think this would be the worst ass-raping since Damien Echols hit general population.

Online hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #138 on: October 23, 2011, 09:33:37 AM »

(On a completely unrelated note, I'm very glad that none of our coaching staff wear visors. I cannot think one coach person off of the top of my head who wears a visor that doesn't come off as a complete douche canoe: Kiffin, Stoops, Spurrier, Chip Kelly...)

Offline Hogs Smell Good

• Wild Hog
« Reply #139 on: October 23, 2011, 10:34:34 AM »

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #140 on: October 23, 2011, 10:43:09 AM »
my expected final bcs rankings that don't mean jack aMm. 

1. bama 13-0 SEC champ
2. boise 12-0 MWC champ; most over-rated team in the country; best win is over 5th best SEC team by 14 points, the same team bama will destroy by 50 in the same building.
3. ark 11-1; sos gets us lovin by pollsters and 'puters  11-1
4. oregon 12-1 PAC-12 champ
5. ou-ok st winner 12-1 Big 12 champ; can't make up mind
6. wisky 12-1 B1G champ
7. stanford 11-1
8. clemson 12-1 ACC champ
9. lsu 10-2; should be #4 since only losses are to #1 and #3, their sos, and convincing win over #4. dumbass pollsters will drop them
10. ou-ok state loser

bcs bowl matchups
mnc: boise vs bama
rose: wisky vs oregon
fiesta: ou-ok st winner vs stanford
sugar: ou-ok st loser vs ark
orange: west virginia vs clemson

Offline TomTHog

• Boar
  • Woopig Poker Open Champion of the World!
« Reply #141 on: October 23, 2011, 10:47:14 AM »
11th in Sagarin:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

But on the Sagarin number that the BCS uses, we're #6.   Check column 3.
baseball is dull only to dull minds.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #142 on: October 23, 2011, 11:13:03 AM »
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2011, 11:43:33 AM »
11th in Sagarin:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/sagarin/fbt11.htm

4 Big XII-II teams in the Top 10, with a 2 loss aTm team being one of them? Not gonna put much stock into that poll.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2011, 12:08:40 PM »
4 Big XII-II teams in the Top 10, with a 2 loss aTm team being one of them? Not gonna put much stock into that poll.

As stated, you shouldn't.  The only part of that site that is important is the ELO CHESS.

the BCS uses the ELO_CHESS from here

3  Oklahoma State   98.84    1
2  Alabama             97.88    2 | 
1  LSU                   96.64    3 |   
9  Clemson             95.86    4
8  Kansas State      95.34    5 |
11  Arkansas          95.34    6

These are the real numbers used for the BCS.  We are really tied for 5th and a gnats hair from 4th in the numbers from that site that really count.

We have also beaten #8 and #12 in the ELO rankings (Dead Trees and TAMU)
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2011, 12:36:52 PM »
which asswipe is voting boise #1?

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #148 on: October 23, 2011, 01:47:39 PM »
I so very, very badly want Bama to assrape Boise into oblivion in the NC game. If that matchup can happen and Arkansas sneaks into the BCS after beating LSU (hopefully), I'd be pretty ecstatic.

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #149 on: October 23, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
Boise shouldn't sniff a NC game.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.254 seconds with 20 queries.