Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 "Why I Hate ESPN Gameday" Thread  (Read 11364 times)

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Are You Not Entertained?
  • King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
Re: 2011 "Why I Hate ESPN Gameday" Thread
« Reply #100 on: November 19, 2011, 12:38:46 PM »
could you please stop cussing?

bitch, I'm on cable.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline Jeff Spongeworthy

• Wild Hog
« Reply #101 on: November 19, 2011, 12:42:44 PM »
He was referencing SMU's colors of red, white and blue. He was saying that how could you cheer against a team that has America's colors.

His "Ah, frick it" was in reference to him trying to rile up the Houston fan base to no avail.

Ah so.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #102 on: November 19, 2011, 12:54:24 PM »
It's an F bomb...on a cable station...a sports cable station. If anyone gets wound up about it, they need to check their sensitivity level.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #103 on: November 19, 2011, 12:58:16 PM »
It's an F bomb...on a cable station...a sports cable station. If anyone gets wound up about it, they need to check their sensitivity level.
It's hard to imagine that word being associated with sports.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
« Reply #104 on: November 19, 2011, 01:00:19 PM »

for real.  it was funny.

watching the replay of the Tenner game, Petrion was heard full boar yelling "GET YOUR ASS OFF THE FIELD!"

grow up people.

Offline HogHazard

• King of the Hogs
  • "My work speaks for itself"
« Reply #105 on: November 19, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
It's an F bomb...on a cable station...a sports cable station. If anyone gets wound up about it, they need to check their sensitivity level vagina for copious amounts of blood and/or sand.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Randolph Mantooth
« Reply #106 on: November 19, 2011, 01:51:46 PM »
ESPN has a lot to apologize for, but Corso saying "frick it" on air isn't one of them IMHO.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #107 on: November 19, 2011, 02:15:13 PM »
FCC can't fine a cable operator.

you are correct.  however, espn is not a cable operator, they are a broadcaster.  cox communications would be a cable operator.  as a broadcasting company, they are regulated and can be fined by the FCC.  see this link and read the section under the heading FACTS; http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/07-582

so dish network, directv, cox, and every other "cable operator" will not get a fine, but you can bet your house that espn will.

Offline BASS

• Boar
« Reply #108 on: November 19, 2011, 02:26:34 PM »

true, but I guarantee you there is some holy roller watching game day with his kids that was offended and has already filed a complaint on the FCC website.  the FCC will give a frick because of the rating of the show, the day and time it was broadcast, and because he said "frick". 

see the url i posted in my response to ham malone, the case is Fox vs FCC and concerns the use of the word "frick" and whether or not it must be repeated or if a single use in a broadcast warrants "enforecment".  Fox lost.

Offline HogHazard

• King of the Hogs
  • "My work speaks for itself"
« Reply #109 on: November 19, 2011, 02:28:16 PM »
you are correct.  however, espn is not a cable operator, they are a broadcaster.  cox communications would be a cable operator.  as a broadcasting company, they are regulated and can be fined by the FCC.  see this link and read the section under the heading FACTS; http://www.law.cornell.edu/supct/cert/07-582

so dish network, directv, cox, and every other "cable operator" will not get a fine, but you can bet your house that espn will.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #110 on: November 19, 2011, 05:14:44 PM »
Corso dropping the f-bomb may have been the greatest thing I've ever seen on television.

Offline abypfcs

• Boar
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #111 on: November 19, 2011, 05:21:04 PM »
Corso dropping the f-bomb may have been the greatest thing I've ever seen on television.
He could be a Woopigger.

Offline bleedinred

• Tush Hog
« Reply #112 on: November 24, 2011, 07:06:45 PM »
God I fricking hate ESPN.  So I'm watching Sports Center right now and Fowler and Herbstreet are talking LSU/Arkansas.  Fowler says the following about Arkansas:

"Very pass heavy and explosive but very inconsistent, lots of 3 and outs, which is a red flag when you give the ball back to Richardson and Alabama because Arkansas' defense has not really stopped the run and they really flunked their most recent big test against Georgia in that department."

What the frick?

These are the jackasses that will ultimately lobby against us when we win the game resulting in our exclusion from the NC game.

Offline BASS

• Boar
« Reply #113 on: November 24, 2011, 07:21:24 PM »
God I fricking hate ESPN.  So I'm watching Sports Center right now and Fowler and Herbstreet are talking LSU/Arkansas.  Fowler says the following about Arkansas:

"Very pass heavy and explosive but very inconsistent, lots of 3 and outs, which is a red flag when you give the ball back to Richardson and Alabama because Arkansas' defense has not really stopped the run and they really flunked their most recent big test against Georgia in that department."

What the frick?

These are the jackasses that will ultimately lobby against us when we win the game resulting in our exclusion from the NC game.

I heard that too, but thought maybe it was the booze interfering with my brain processes between my ears and my brain.  I guarandamntee you he was reading that aMm from a 3x5 notecard some fuckin intern from the university of central hartford who's starting the 2nd 12 hrs of his double shift cuz he's at the bottom of the totem pole and thinks kissing espn's ass and working a double on a holiday will get him a sniff at a job when graduates wrote up and handed to him.

It is inexcusable to have a sports entertainment company on the level of espn with their national prominence, multiple platforms, and overall influence in the world of sports to not have competent, intelligent sportscasters/experts/tv personalities/whateverthefuckyouwanttocallthem that can come up with their own damn analysis, opinions, etc. and not look or sound like fricking idiots on the air. the espn guys would be better suited for being goat fricking cell phone salesmen in bfe kansas, but ezekiel ulrey's got that job wrapped up and he's not going anywhere.

Offline Ham Malone

• Tush Hog
« Reply #114 on: November 24, 2011, 09:02:59 PM »

Just saw this, and I'm not going to do the research, but if I remember correctly only an over the air broadcaster can be fined for indecency.  I did use cable operator wrong though so who knows
819 F.2d 451

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #115 on: November 25, 2011, 02:34:01 AM »
We are 10-1, have been ranked in or near the top 10 all year, and haven't had a gameday game all year have we?

Oregon, 3 fricking gameday games. 
Oklahoma, 2
LSU 3
Alabama 3
Wisconsin 2
Stanford 2

That that aMm.

To add, SMU and Houston have one, but we don't have any.  Starkville, I think

Pretty much every one of the 'top' teams have one or two except us.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #116 on: November 25, 2011, 09:32:42 AM »
Sportscenter this morning just/finally covered the Hogs match-up and even started out by asking what key players from AR David Pollak would be watching.  David forgot to plug his mic in so we ended up getting no coverage at all.   :bird:

Offline Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #117 on: November 25, 2011, 09:40:30 AM »
Sportscenter this morning just/finally covered the Hogs match-up and even started out by asking what key players from AR David Pollak would be watching.  David forgot to plug his mic in so we ended up getting no coverage at all.   :bird:

Do you really care what David Polack has to say? Every football fan in the nation will be watching our game today. We don't need the mothership's help on this one.

Offline jcb2542

• A Shoat
« Reply #118 on: November 25, 2011, 09:44:39 AM »
OMG this aMm is rediculous.  I to have heard other channels consistantly menting the alabama/LSU game that is coming up.  I thought it was my imagination at first.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #119 on: November 25, 2011, 10:16:01 AM »

I'm.... not sure this is a complaint, or worthy of complaining about?

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2011, 10:19:30 AM »
OMG this aMm is rediculous.  I to have heard other channels consistantly menting the alabama/LSU game that is coming up.  I thought it was my imagination at first.

Arkansas is a two-touchdown underdog; if today's game, with all of its national title implications, was some Pac 10 matchup where one team was a two-touchdown underdog to the other, do you think a fricking soul on this board would say "Now, hold on, they still have to play the game"?

If Arkansas wins, they'll all line up to fellate the Hogs.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #121 on: November 25, 2011, 10:25:46 AM »
I'm.... not sure this is a complaint, or worthy of complaining about?

I'm not real sure about this post either.  ::)

Offline 501 Hawgz

• Wild Hog
  • Just gettin' warmed up
« Reply #122 on: November 25, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »
This isn't a real message board either.

I heard hogville was pretty good...

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #123 on: November 25, 2011, 11:15:34 AM »

Well, you're the fricking idiot waiting for an ex-Georgia player to validate your loyalty to Arkansas, so, who gives a aMm what you think?

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
« Reply #124 on: November 25, 2011, 11:19:35 AM »
Well, you're the fricking idiot waiting for an ex-Georgia player to validate your loyalty to Arkansas, so, who gives a aMm what you think?

ouch

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 21 queries.