Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 "Why I Hate ESPN Gameday" Thread  (Read 11357 times)

Offline Doc Hogaday

• Loves that helmet, misses this logo...
  • Tush Hog
Re: 2011 "Why I Hate ESPN Gameday" Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2011, 10:39:15 PM »
Living in Sheridan, I always snicker and roll my eyes when Cowboy Troy says he's "coming to my city". 

He is...on his way to Davis Creek.
Let's get rid of that dogbone-shaped logo of ours, bring back the old school 'A' with the Hog running through it, and start kicking people's asses again.

Offline sugashane

• A Shoat
  • ARRRGGHH
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 02:35:00 AM »
Or maybe it's because ESPN, just like every other TV network, is ratings oriented.  Arkansas has a smaller population than Florida, Ohio, Michigan, California, Texas and many other states, so they are going to cater to the larger markets. We all know that it is money driven, and ratings bring the money.  I honestly don't believe there is a conspiracy against Arkansas, mainly because, as a state and as a college football team we have been nationally irrelevant for so long.  Let us have several more years of success, and we will start getting the recognition.  But one BCS bowl doesn't propel us to national prominence.  If  that was the case then UCONN, Hawaii, and Utah could be clamoring for respect.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:07:00 AM by sugashane »

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2011, 06:12:31 AM »
Or maybe it's because ESPN, just like every other TV network, is ratings oriented.  Arkansas has a smaller population than Florida, Ohio, Michigan, California, Texas and many other states, so they are going to cater to the larger markets. We all know that it is money driven, and ratings bring the money.  I honestly don't believe there is a conspiracy against Arkansas, mainly because, as a state and as a college football team we have been nationally irrelevant for so long.  Let us have several more years of success, and we will start getting the recognition.  But one BCS bowl doesn't propel us to national prominence.  If  that was the case then UCONN, Hawaii, Boise, and Utah could be clamoring for respect.
You had it nailed until that last line and had to drop Boise in there.

But you are mostly right. They are in the business of making scrilla and they are doing one Starkville of a job.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2011, 09:48:18 AM »
Not ready to answer yet.  Let's wait and see whose cawk they chew on this year.

It will be a luck Landry jones slobnobfest. Did you know Landry and his sooner teammates spent their summer in Haiti building mudhuts and castrating goats? You will

Offline sugashane

• A Shoat
  • ARRRGGHH
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2011, 11:07:22 AM »
You had it nailed until that last line and had to drop Boise in there.

But you are mostly right. They are in the business of making scrilla and they are doing one Starkville of a job.

fixed

Offline RedbeardTheRed

• A Shoat
  • Kim Jong Illin'
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2011, 12:34:34 PM »
It will be a luck Landry jones slobnobfest. Did you know Landry and his sooner teammates spent their summer in Haiti building mudhuts and castrating goats? You will

Mudhuts and goat castration? Sounds like they spent all summer being dicks. Especially to the goats.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2011, 12:52:26 PM »
Damn, y'all are some literal frickers today.

I don't care what logic there is behind it....Michigan vs. Norte Dame will have zero impact on the BCSNC game this year and they can both kiss hoggly' mom's ass.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2011, 11:42:09 AM »
I caught about 30 seconds of their show yesterday morning...

Lee Corso: "You can't win the SEC without a proven QB."

Fowler: "How proven was Cam Newton last year?"

Corso: "ehhh...they had a great defense!"
  ::)

Nevermind the fact the last two national champions have had first year QBs.

It does seem like Corso is doing better, it was rough watching him last year.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline porksamich

• local shotgun poster
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2011, 11:56:45 AM »
Living in Sheridan, I always snicker and roll my eyes when Cowboy Troy says he's "coming to my city". 

Sheridan? You should head head on over HWY 46 to Redfield. We'll show you how the elite live. Very cosmopolitan. Just got a Subway. Maybe grab yourself a burger from the Mammoth Orange. Who knows? You might get lucky and find a woman wif some teefs. Did you say you like bathtub crank?

Hmmm...  Apparently, I've eaten a bunch of monkey dicks.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2011, 12:33:03 PM »
Herbie just made a bold prediction. Said the guy who will win the Heisman is the guy whose highlights you will see when you turn on Sportscenter. At least he knows it's an ESPN padgent. Oh and that Luck won't win over Lamicheal James because Stanford won't be as good as Oregon.

Offline TexZilla

• Boar
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2011, 03:52:05 PM »
I hate Gameday because I hate Beano Cook.  I don't think he's on there or even still alive, but it doesn't matter.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »
At least he knows it's an ESPN padgent.

Padgent. Yes. Awesome.

GameDay was alright for a while. The On Campus segment was pretty good. Now, it's pretty unwatchable, at least the talking heads at the desk. The taped segments can be decent. Todd McShay runs about 50-50 between having a clue and not knowing what the frick he's talking about. EA is awful. Really, really bad. What's interesting is that I've heard her on Bo's show, and she actually was a great interview. Knowledgeable and quick on her feet. Never seen that out of her on GameDay. She tries waaay too hard.

The most entertaining college football show on Saturday morning is Sports Nation on ESPNU. It goes for funny, not insightful, and manages to pull it off.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2011, 06:28:47 PM »
Herbie just made a bold prediction. Said the guy who will win the Heisman is the guy whose highlights you will see when you turn on Sportscenter. At least he knows it's an ESPN padgent. Oh and that Luck won't win over Lamicheal James because Stanford won't be as good as Oregon.

I noticed he gave the tv  :shocker: sign today when they showed his PAC 12 preview. I didn't know herbie was a wee bit freaky.
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline sugashane

• A Shoat
  • ARRRGGHH
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2011, 02:12:10 PM »
GOOD GAWD I hate that show!

Why the Starkville aren't the coming to Arkansas???

Offline clintcommander

• Take it easy... and if its easy, take it twice!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2011, 02:18:58 PM »
GOOD GAWD I hate that show!

Why the Starkville aren't the coming to Arkansas???

The Question: Why?

The Answer: Arkansas.
If we win, I'll light my dick on fire and slam my balls in a door on youtube, with a smile on my face.

Offline Hawgwild8988

• Boar
  • e pluribus sooie
« Reply #40 on: September 16, 2011, 02:30:28 PM »
I know everyone hates ESPN, but I screen grabbed the ESPNU Hogs logo for you bitches. Also, here is the video with all the logos.

Offline VegasHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2011, 02:33:36 PM »

Offline sugashane

• A Shoat
  • ARRRGGHH
« Reply #42 on: September 16, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »
The Question: Why?

The Answer: Arkansas.

Sarcasm.

There are threads on here that piss and moan about "Why isn't Gameday coming to Arkansas?" and other threads like this that profess their hate for the show.  

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #43 on: September 16, 2011, 05:09:20 PM »

Sarcasm.

There are threads on here that piss and moan about "Why isn't Gameday coming to Arkansas?" and other threads like this that profess their hate for the show.  
Personally I am over Gameday and don't care much about them coming to Arkansas any more, but the two opinions you are talking about are not mutually exclusive. It's possible to hate that show for the pointless sham that it is and still recognize the exposure it provides for your campus as well as the fun it can provide for fans before a game.

Offline GoodbyePorkPieHat

• Tush Hog
« Reply #44 on: September 16, 2011, 06:13:51 PM »

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #45 on: September 16, 2011, 06:19:02 PM »

Anyway, if those are truly the 4 games in contention, then it's a no-brainer where they will go.  Add in the whole "omg Tuscaloosa tornado" aspect, with all the namby-pamby bullshit stories they can create out of that, and it's a done deal.

You just nailed it.  If Tom Rinaldi can't have a 10 minute depressing monologue, you can forget it.

Edited due to my own poor speling.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2011, 07:23:04 PM by big_pale »
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #46 on: September 16, 2011, 06:49:12 PM »
You just nailed it.  If Tom Rinaldi can't have a 10 minute depressing monologue, you can't forget it.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2011, 09:43:21 AM »
nice stat scrolling across ESPiN when Ark vs Troy comes up: ARK only team in FBS in top 5 in scoring offense and scoring defense.

the rest of the show is teh suck outside of the best piece of truth spoken on the show in years, which i fully expect corso is getting fired for: criticizing boise and saying they are not an elite program and wouldn't deserve a national championship game bid if they go undefeated.  i couldn't believe it, the other 3 guys looked at lee like he just shot their dogs.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2011, 09:57:59 AM by combsj »

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • whatever
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2011, 09:58:42 AM »
I hate Gameday because I hate Beano Cook.  I don't think he's on there or even still alive, but it doesn't matter.

why do you hate Beano Cook? Beano rocks and is the one who got college football on TV to begin with.

"I can't hear Fowler!!!!"
Haters gonna hate

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
Rinaldi with another tearjerker.

I hate that guy.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.274 seconds with 20 queries.