Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: Fire Him Because He fat: Can't Beat the Aggies to Save his life  (Read 26877 times)

Online notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • Strict No Tolerance Palsy
Re: Fire Him Because He fat: Can't Beat the Aggies to Save his life
« Reply #525 on: December 01, 2016, 09:26:28 AM »
If Long is the AD when it happens, I fully expect a Malzahn hire.  Not because it will be the best thing for Arkansas, but because Malzahn will be ready to move on by then and there will be a sizeable contingent in NWA to "bring Gus home."  Long will take the easy way out.  That is his MO.

You have an incredible amount of insight regarding Jeff Long.  How long have the two of you been friends?

Offline The Whyte Boar

• Boar
« Reply #526 on: December 01, 2016, 09:29:30 AM »
You have an incredible amount of insight regarding Jeff Long.  How long have the two of you been friends?

I would not be friends with a Yankee frog.

Offline HogHead McCormick

• On the fence again.
  • Wild Hog
  • woopid.net
« Reply #527 on: December 01, 2016, 02:07:02 PM »
Nailed it.  This is exactly what will happen unless Gus and Auburn light it up next season, at which point I could see him going full retard and hiring Lashley which would really be shitting the bed.

This is why Long has to be first.
3-5 is not really acceptable.

Offline Cerdo

• Got a little Dog in him
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #528 on: December 01, 2016, 02:25:26 PM »
I'm guessing that there's a 20% chance we're replacing head coaches after next season.... but I'd be willing to bet that there's a 50% or higher chance we're replacing head coaches (maybe 2) the season after. 

Long would be the guy you'd want to get ushered out the door before you started hiring new coaches. 

I believe that he's used media drones (the usual hacks who are reading right now and stealing material anyway) to float out these "Long to Michigan/Texas/Stanford/SEC office" rumors over the last few years..... all which were silly.  I'm sure he's worked in a nice buyout for himself.  I suspect there won't be any more rumors of jobs coming after Long unless they're real because I suspect we're getting to the point where a couple of BOT members would just say "KTHXBAI Jeff". 

Offline jsimp

• Boar
« Reply #529 on: December 01, 2016, 02:37:23 PM »
bert had a reputation for a being a coach that has a good defense and develops the lines on both sides of the ball. the fact that both are the weakest parts of our team is a huge problem. if he isn't going to do anything to try to fix this terribly prepared and coached defense, he's toast. honestly, if we are going to put out the funds for good coordinators, I would take gus. it's becoming obvious we need smoke and mirrors to compete. I can't believe I typed that.

Offline Count Porkula

• Doctor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Fear... That's the other guy's problem.
« Reply #530 on: December 01, 2016, 02:47:09 PM »
I'm guessing that there's a 20% chance we're replacing head coaches after next season.... but I'd be willing to bet that there's a 50% or higher chance we're replacing head coaches (maybe 2) the season after. 

You can replace Dan Skoff right now.   :thumbup:

Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Online geohul

• Little Lebowski Urban Achiever
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #531 on: December 01, 2016, 03:11:15 PM »
You can replace Dan Skoff right now.   :thumbup:

You keep Weather Dan's name out your mouf or we're going to throw hands.  He's 100 times the Meteorologist of anyone else in the area.  I ain't watching no ginger give the weather and I sure as hell aint listening to a feller named Darby.   

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 34 queries.