Welcome, stranger! Please log in or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Author Topic: The 33 Questions . . .  (Read 1323 times)

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
The 33 Questions . . .
« on: March 30, 2016, 09:25:19 AM »

UA Trustee David Pryor has submitted a list of 33 questions to UA System President Donald Bobbitt, Athletic Director Jeff Long, and Chancellor Joseph Steinmetz regarding the proposed renovations to the north end zone of Razorback Stadium. 

Also yesterday, Nabholz Construction got an unwelcome surprise at the Trustees' meeting.  The UA had recommended that Nabholz Construction be approved as the general contractor for the expansion.  However, the Trustees yesterday disregarded that request and awarded the general contracting to CDI Contractors.  The Nabholz brass were there, and didn't look too happy with the turn of events:

Pryor misses UA meeting, but sends in questions on stadium expansion
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Online VegasHog

• Boar
Re: The 33 Questions . . .
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2016, 09:46:07 AM »
after reading the article yesterday, i have never heard of the need "to spread things around" as justification for awarding a contract like that.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Habitual line stepper.
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2016, 09:46:27 AM »
How many times can Pryor ask the same question?
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2016, 09:51:23 AM »
after reading the article yesterday, i have never heard of the need "to spread things around" as justification for awarding a contract like that.

Nabholz got in good with the UA folks, but it looks like CDI outmaneuvered them in the background with the Trustees. 

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Habitual line stepper.
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2016, 10:09:32 AM »

Nabholz got in good with the UA folks, but it looks like CDI outmaneuvered them in the background with the Trustees.
Went about that all wrong. Get in good with American girl, gotta get in good with American girl's father. Then you'll be home free.

Home free.

Like a bird.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline hit_that_line

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2016, 10:19:53 AM »
Taxpayer money? What taxpayer money? It's being financed via the muni market secured by athletic dept revs. Pryor needs to take his old ass to the house.
"You're hurt son? Shit just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fucking."

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Lowell George
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 10:48:03 AM »
Any word on why he didn't attend the meeting?

Offline Ty Webb

• I don't play golf, for money, against people
  • King of the Hogs
  • Best baseball logo ever
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2016, 10:57:48 AM »
Any word on why he didn't attend the meeting?
Ummm....article said he was in the hospital for chest pains.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2016, 11:29:47 AM »
I think they were generally fair questions, certainly about things I'd want to know as a board member.  Some people want to make like, "hey, it's secured by athletic department revenues not taxpayer (public) money."  That's not exactly true.  The UofA is on the hook for those bonds, period.  It's not like the athletic department is a separate legal entity that can issue bonds.

Because of that, how much a borrower currently has in debt, whether bonds or other obligations, and how liquid a borrower is affects their bond rating, which affects interest rates and the abilitiy to issue more bonds, i.e. take on more debt, in the future, whether the future project is to add gold faucets to the basketball practice facility or to build a wing on a physics building.

Last July Moody's gave the UA a "Aa2" rating for some bonds being re-issued last year.  That's pretty good, their equivalent of S&P's and Fitch's "AA," but it is only their third highest rating (behind "AAA" and "Aa1").

Borrowing another $200MM can affect the school's liquidity, which could negatively affect future ratings.  Moody's comments at the time included the following boilerplate:

WHAT COULD MAKE THE RATING GO DOWN

- Deterioration in operating performance, including performance of
patient care enterprise

- Decline in unrestricted liquidity given already thin expense cushion

- Material erosion of balance sheet cushion combined with a marked
increase in financial leverage beyond the current expectations

Those are (always) legit concerns for the UofA, not just its athletic department, especially given relatively flat revenues from the state budget going to higher ed.  Maybe the questions should have been posed a few months ago instead of the week of the vote but they are fair questions, nevertheless.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Lowell George
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2016, 11:58:08 AM »
Ummm....article said he was in the hospital for chest pains.
I didn't see the article link even though it was in red.  I was hoping it wasn't health related but figured it had to be something serious if he wasn't in attendance.  Not good news.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• King of the Hogs
  • I am surrounded by my privilege
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2016, 12:05:26 PM »

Those are the words of a guy who has a freezer full of cash and a foot out the door. 
No fucks were wasted in the preceding message.

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • Boar
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2016, 10:24:22 PM »
Those are the words of a guy who has a freezer full of cash and a foot out the door. 

No doubt. Somebody getting paid

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Boar
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2016, 06:19:49 AM »
Went about that all wrong. Get in good with American girl, gotta get in good with American girl's father. Then you'll be home free.

Home free.

Like a bird.

:thumbup:
If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2016, 10:50:42 AM »

The UA, through a letter from Chancellor Steinmetz, answered the 33 questions back in April.

http://arkansasrazorbacks.com/dwrrs/questions.html

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 34 queries.