Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...  (Read 46773 times)

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...
« Reply #200 on: October 06, 2011, 07:10:09 AM »
I don't get why everyone is worried about Mizzou's whining.  Finebaum acts like it's the end of the world.

Look folks, of course Mizzou wanted to grow up and be a Big 10 school.  They are a fallback for the Big 10 and the SEC and since, for some reason, everyone in the SEC acts like we can't stay at 13, well, they're better for OUR purposes than West Virginia.  Who gives a aMm what Missouri shills are saying.

They're going to be a bitch for every decent SEC West school, which we all need.  They come in with Kentucky's football tradition and something less than LSU's basketball resume.  It will take them 20 years to "get it" but who cares about their future misery.  They're being brought in to be a 14th, a patsy and a buffer zone to block in the Big 10.  That's it.  We really had no better option and from Arkansas' perspective, it now locks the Sooners permanently out of the SEC.  Let Mizzou cry, Starkville, get used to it.  You'll hear that same sobbing for the next 20 years, whispering in the winds blowing from the North as they take ass beating after ass beating. 

Offline Hatchclan

• CBB, CMA, & CDVH = SUCCESS
  • A Shoat
« Reply #201 on: October 06, 2011, 07:15:55 AM »
Cerdo... you made some excellent points and I agree with you. I just find all of this posturing by Mizzouri very amusing. aTm and Mizz will (if Mizz joins) be in for a very rude awakening  :shocker:
Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #202 on: October 06, 2011, 08:48:17 AM »
I don't get why everyone is worried about Mizzou's whining.  Finebaum acts like it's the end of the world.

Look folks, of course Mizzou wanted to grow up and be a Big 10 school.  They are a fallback for the Big 10 and the SEC and since, for some reason, everyone in the SEC acts like we can't stay at 13, well, they're better for OUR purposes than West Virginia.  Who gives a aMm what Missouri shills are saying.

They're going to be a bitch for every decent SEC West school, which we all need.  They come in with Kentucky's football tradition and something less than LSU's basketball resume.  It will take them 20 years to "get it" but who cares about their future misery.  They're being brought in to be a 14th, a patsy and a buffer zone to block in the Big 10.  That's it.  We really had no better option and from Arkansas' perspective, it now locks the Sooners permanently out of the SEC.  Let Mizzou cry, Starkville, get used to it.  You'll hear that same sobbing for the next 20 years, whispering in the winds blowing from the North as they take ass beating after ass beating. 

Thank God

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #203 on: October 06, 2011, 09:00:39 AM »
Just about every Missouri caller to any of the Sirius shows trots out their 38-7 Cotton Bowl win as proof they can compete right away in the SEC.  As if beating the eighth place team in the SEC when it had less than zero motivation and a couple of single digit IQs supposedly coaching the team puts them right up there with the league's elite.  They are in for dark ages like they haven't seen since, well, the forty or so years before Pinkel got to Mizzou. 

The Big XII-IV needs to make Boise State turn them down.  The Blue Turf Vaginas would give the league a viable football brand and a school that ESPN will want to televise.   Of course, for all their posturing and whining about the current system there's no way Boise wants into a BCS conference.  Their near-automatic annual BCS bid would be gone, as would the days of scheduling one mediocre to decent team every year to falsely inflate their credibility. 

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #204 on: October 06, 2011, 09:08:27 AM »
If they join, Missou is going to get their dick knocked in the dirt no different than frankly the Hogs did when they joined the SEC.  Its a big boy conference and it took us several years to catch up.  The game is bigger, faster, and stronger in the SEC - that's just a fact.  It will be similar to these first round picks going to the NFL and saying, "Man, the game is so much faster on this level.  Its a whole different world."

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #205 on: October 06, 2011, 09:50:59 AM »
The only way it works right is if you add one of the new teams to the east and make the 2 new teams east-west rivals. It won't look pretty on a map, but anything else jacks up something that seems to be working pretty well.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #206 on: October 06, 2011, 10:58:53 AM »
Per The Ticket in Dallas, Big 12 8 meeting today to vote on extending invitation to TCU. 

Two weeks ago, TCU was u.t.'s deal-breaker.  Suck it, longhorns (*spit*).
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #207 on: October 06, 2011, 11:57:30 AM »
I think MO is a good addition because of the TV markets,  and they won't put a dent in our recruiting like OU or OSU in the SEC.  I am glad that WVU hasn't been added
  They bring nothing.   If theSEC is smart,  we will take our time and add teams from contiguous states that offer something like TV markets,  decent to good programs,  and good academics.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:15:34 PM by radioman »

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #208 on: October 06, 2011, 11:58:28 AM »
It's now been confirmed that the Big 12 will invite TCU:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/06/report-big-12-votes-to-add-tcu/

Online HOGGLY WOGGLY

• pussy on the chain wax
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #209 on: October 06, 2011, 12:14:09 PM »
Looks like Mizzou is fricked. The SEC board didn't approve Mizzou, not enough votes.  :maundoed:

From Hog Database on facebook

Report: Missouri doesn't have enough support to get into league. Majority of SEC wants them in, but falls shorts of 75% vote required (9 teams). Holdouts want to wait for an East team to open up.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/10/majority_of_sec_presidents_fav.html
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 12:17:15 PM by HOGGLY WOGGLY »

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #210 on: October 06, 2011, 12:23:35 PM »
The eastern holdouts are petrified that this shifts the conference west, and means teams like us and LSU might finally have a conference championship in other than track that's not 12 hours from campus.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #211 on: October 06, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
So, when does the Big East call it a day? Or does anyone think they'll make a big push for some C-USA/MWC teams in order to retain AQ status?

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #212 on: October 06, 2011, 12:54:48 PM »
I wouldn't like the fact that someone at Mizzou says that the SEC is the 2nd choice.  What happens if they join, then the B10 comes calling?  Do they go with them then?  Its like you asking a girl out on a date, and she says "yes, but I really wanted to go out with someone else".  frick you bitch.  I say suck it Mizzou.  We don't need any more frikkin tigers in this conference. 
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #213 on: October 06, 2011, 01:11:26 PM »
Its like you asking a girl out on a date, and she says "yes, but I really wanted to go out with someone else".  frick you bitch.  

See, that's where you went wrong.  You stinkhole them mercilessly, then leave them on the curb, sans cab fare, and tell them to call up the guy that they really wanted for a ride back to civilization...   :stache:

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #214 on: October 06, 2011, 01:13:09 PM »
They bring nothing.   If the SEC is smart, we will take our time and add teams from contiguous states that offer something like TV markets,  decent to good programs,  and good academics.

I keep reading about these hypothetical schools that are going to join the SEC but I haven't actually heard any invites being sent out or serious consideration being given.  What teams exactly should the SEC be inviting and why haven't they done so?

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #215 on: October 06, 2011, 01:20:43 PM »
I keep reading about these hypothetical schools that are going to join the SEC but I haven't actually heard any invites being sent out or serious consideration being given.  What teams exactly should the SEC be inviting and why haven't they done so?

They haven't invited the teams they should invite because $20mm is a lot of money.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #216 on: October 06, 2011, 01:35:45 PM »
Looks like Mizzou is fricked. The SEC board didn't approve Mizzou, not enough votes.  :maundoed:

Report: Missouri doesn't have enough support to get into league. Majority of SEC wants them in, but falls shorts of 75% vote required (9 teams). Holdouts want to wait for an East team to open up.
I got news for the teams 'waiting for an East school to open up'...it ain't happening. The time to get Florida St or Clemson has past or they woulda already secured 1 or both. If the SEC doesn't want WVa or Mizzou, who do they think they are gonna get? North Carolina isn't walking through that door.

Are Louisville and South Florida the other options?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:16:32 PM by Ty Webb »
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #217 on: October 06, 2011, 01:54:01 PM »
I got news for the teams 'waiting for an East school to open up'...it ain't happening. The time to get Florida St or Clemson has past or they woulda already secured 1 or both. If the SEC doesn't want WVa or Mizzou, who do they think they are gonna get? North Carolina isn't walking through that door.

Are Louisville and South Florida are the other options?

This is what I was trying to say by asking who the SEC thinks they should get but you said it much more bluntly (and better).  What I'm seeing is the ACC cockblocking the SEC from stealing any teams.  They did this by causing the inevitable downfall of the Big East, grabbing its best teams, and then renegotiating better TV contracts and school buyouts.

In other news has anyone pointed out that Petrino's buyout is nearly as much as any ACC school's buyout? :beer:

Offline Boondoggle

• Tush Hog
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #218 on: October 06, 2011, 02:34:43 PM »
I would welcome Mizzou into the SEC West -- and move 'Bama and Dead Trees into the SEC East, which would strengthen our position in the West.

With Missouri's larger population, they're bound to have a lot of good recruits who would logically look favorably at Arkansas if they want to be on a competitive SEC team close to home.
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #219 on: October 06, 2011, 02:38:07 PM »
Wouldn't just one team move from the West to the East?

Offline Hog Leg

• 12th son of the Lama
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #220 on: October 06, 2011, 02:48:11 PM »
I'm guessing he thinks that Vandy can jump to the west? 

Didn't the SEC just vote 'No' to Misery?

Offline Raincrow

• A Shoat
  • I aint afraid of no smoke!
« Reply #221 on: October 06, 2011, 02:49:27 PM »
Yes. As confusing as it sounds, it is as simple as that.    :D

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #222 on: October 06, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »

I think this was discussed a few pages back, but if you only move one team east that would logically be Dead Trees which would mean either the Bama/Tenn rivalry is scrapped, or the Iron Bowl.   Otherwise you either go back to the old 2 permanent-1 rotating schedule, or you move both bama schools.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #223 on: October 06, 2011, 03:23:06 PM »

If Mizzou does end up coming (which I think they will) then the Big XII is looking at Louisville and West Virginia from the ACC, and BYU in order to get back to 12 teams.

That would leave the Big East with like 4 teams. Cincy, Frosted Tips University, UConn, South Florida.

At what point does the Big East just say 'screw it' and goes back to being a Catholic Basketball league?
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• Frick it
  • Boar
  • We're Doing It Live
« Reply #224 on: October 06, 2011, 03:45:03 PM »
then the Big XII is looking at Louisville and West Virginia from the ACC, and BYU in order to get back to 12 teams.

In that scenario I think the Big 12 should just go ahead and add TCU and Cincy or Tulane to make it 14.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.322 seconds with 21 queries.