Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...  (Read 48203 times)

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
Re: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2011, 04:30:54 PM »
I wouldn't mind TCU either.  Good at baseball and a Vandy for the west.  They won't be good at football forever.  It would be nice to have a few conference games in DFW.

They don't have a fanbase to speak of. They will never get an invite.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2011, 04:32:28 PM »
Ahh but the potential fanbase..... the potential.

ITs a dream anyway man. Not sure why I posted it. SEC likely sits at 14 for a year.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2011, 04:35:11 PM »
Ahh but the potential fanbase..... the potential.

They aren't even number one in their local market. TCU doesn't really bring anything long term to this conference.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2011, 05:17:09 PM »
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2011, 05:38:02 PM »
The Big10+2 would never take a tier3 school like KSU and Pitt is going to the ACC. I hate all this change, it's like people want to turn college football into the NFL.

Offline PigBangTheory

• Boar
  • Sacha is my doppleganger!
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2011, 05:41:27 PM »
So will there be any candidates from the SEC who may be on the chopping block if, say for example, there's 20 teams who want in and the powers that be want the best possible 16 teams? I don't see it, but adding a few Florida teams, one from Oklahoma and one other team from Texas as possible fodder for the discussion.
Hire Nutt.

Offline OP

• Still Cranky After All These Years
  • Tush Hog
  • Great Minds Drink Alike
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2011, 05:46:23 PM »
You're only young once, but you can be immature until you croak.

Offline ColdPork

• Boar
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »

Wow, you have way too much time on your hands.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2011, 06:01:48 PM »
I spent a lot of time studying that post.

And I think that is a C Ftball fans dream come true.

Just think that money standing  in the way may stop this.

Our best chance of this happening will be if like a ACC and a SEC merge someday and they say screw you ncaa and bcs we have our own thing now.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2011, 06:07:53 PM »
Wow, you have way too much time on your hands.

Shoot man, I been tweaking that a little every now and then since last summer.  Last update was a week ago, hence the Pitt in B16 thing

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2011, 06:11:37 PM »
The Big10+2 would never take a tier3 school like KSU and Pitt is going to the ACC. I hate all this change, it's like people want to turn college football into the NFL.
I never want playoffs in the game and I'm fairly happy with the BCS system.  I like the way every game counts in the regular season.  I have the NFL.  I don't need NFL Lite. 
I personally would have no problem with the SEC staying at 13 and don't desire 16. 

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
I never want playoffs in the game and I'm fairly happy with the BCS system.  I like the way every game counts in the regular season.  I have the NFL.  I don't need NFL Lite. 
I personally would have no problem with the SEC staying at 13 and don't desire 16. 

Its all over twitter and the web that WVa has already put in their SEC application. So It looks like we are going to have at least 14.

SEC is a pretty conservative fanbase+conference. I think its 50/50 we stick at 14.

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2011, 07:10:36 PM »
TCU and S. FL. are sitting on recruiting goldmines if they ever got the advantage of an SEC profile.  I know TCU went a long time not being good in the SWC way back when but that was about 3-4 million people ago in the Metroplex.

TCU will never happen. You are not looking at the broad scope of things. TCU is a perennial loser. Arkansas beat them some 29 years in a row. They are a johnny come lately, as far as winning goes. Truth be known, as the Big East folds; they may end up on the outside looking in. They bring nothing of value to any conference.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2011, 07:28:12 PM »
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/18/rutgers-in-contact-with-big-ten-acc/

So, does the Big East reach out to Baylor, K-State, KU, and Iowa State in order to stay alive? And, at this point, I have to wonder if they'll start trying to grab C-USA teams.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2011, 07:29:40 PM »
Dude , as a supposed arkansas fan, An addition of a perennial loser that helps you get more Felix jones's, and helps the SEC by bringing in a potential 5mill more viewers... well I dont know what to say to you.

You guys that think we need to add a notre dame or a FSU or someone that is a top program, well that is completely wrong if you are a razorback fan.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2011, 07:34:02 PM »
I suggest Arkansas fans start thinking about adding a team close to them that is not a college fb powerhouse, that helps us in recruiting that we get added to the schedule every year. OMG i could actually jerk off at night thinking about all the Dallas HS's we would be recruiting at and OWNING with the addition of TCU.

AND in a couple of years TCU would be like another automatic win for us. You guys need to think about ARkansas and not whats good for the SEC in particular.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2011, 07:40:41 PM »
I suggest Arkansas fans start thinking about adding a team close to them that is not a college fb powerhouse
The frick good would that do? We don't control anything

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2011, 07:42:32 PM »
I suggest Arkansas fans start thinking about adding a team close to them that is not a college fb powerhouse, that helps us in recruiting that we get added to the schedule every year. OMG i could actually jerk off at night thinking about all the Dallas HS's we would be recruiting at and OWNING with the addition of TCU.

AND in a couple of years TCU would be like another automatic win for us. You guys need to think about ARkansas and not whats good for the SEC in particular.

We don't need to bring down the conference in order to give us a rentawin.  We lost that defeatest mentality around 2008.

and double posts are a lot like fags.  Only fags like to do them.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2011, 07:44:20 PM »
We don't need to bring down the conference in order to give us a rentawin.  We lost that defeatest mentality around 2008.

and double posts are a lot like fags.  Only fags like to do them.

Its more than rent a win.. but im not going to razzle you with the details.

I can triple post if only you promise to call me a triple turd rancher.. your last post made me laugh.

ignore button.. jaja
I like this forum.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »

You do realize that Berkeley Breathed went to UT Austin.

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2011, 07:59:20 PM »
Dude , as a supposed arkansas fan, An addition of a perennial loser that helps you get more Felix jones's, and helps the SEC by bringing in a potential 5mill more viewers... well I dont know what to say to you.

You guys that think we need to add a notre dame or a FSU or someone that is a top program, well that is completely wrong if you are a razorback fan.

You are dead wrong! I have followed the Razorbacks since 1960. TCU does not bring Felix Jones or anyone else. They are a Disciples of Christ religious institution. They were losers for close to 50 years! Winning for the past 5, gets you nothing; regardless of ESPN.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2011, 09:03:56 PM »
If that is true, then those in charge of SEC expansion are failing.   WVU adds NOTHING to the SEC. 

If Pitt and Syracuse go to the ACC I'm guessing that means W. Va. is coming to the SEC.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2011, 09:40:18 PM »

TCU does not bring the Dallas market. Adding aTm gets us plenty of Texas exposure and they have a large fanbase. TCU is a small school with a small fanbase and brings nothing to this conference.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2011, 11:37:26 PM »
Saw some info on TD regarding Andy Staples's latest Tweets: https://twitter.com/#!/Andy_Staples

Some of the nuggets: Mizzou will be the 14th team to the SEC when the Big 12 implodes. WVU won't get an SEC invite.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: September 19, 2011, 12:12:55 AM »
Dont think its been officially woopig-reported: But Syracuse and Pitt to ACC is a done deal.  UConn trying to get in on the action too.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 20 queries.