Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...  (Read 44305 times)

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...
« Reply #250 on: October 08, 2011, 08:16:19 AM »
Instead of East/ West, go North/ South.  Nine game schedule with two permanent cross-division opponents.

North Division (permanent opponents):

Arkansas (LSU,aTm)
Missouri (aTm, Ole Miss)
Vandy  (Ole Miss, Miss State)
Tennessee  (Alabama, Dead Trees)
Kentucky  (Miss State, LSU)
South Carolina (Florida, Alabama)
Georgia (Dead Trees, Florida)

South:

Alabama  (Tennessee, S. Carolina)
Dead Trees  (Georgia, Tennessee)
LSU  (Arkansas, Kentucky)
aTm  (Missouri, Arkansas)
Ole Miss  (Vandy, Missouri)
Miss State  (Kentucky, Vandy)
Florida  (South Carolina, Georgia)

Online Pig

• Wild Hog
  • BLT's are so darn tasty!
« Reply #251 on: October 08, 2011, 08:18:06 AM »
I like Alabama's plan.
Only put aTm in the east - that would be a good Aggie joke.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #252 on: October 08, 2011, 08:20:41 AM »
AR, Vandy, MS, KY, Mizzou, A&M, SC

other division
Bama, Dead Trees, FL, LSU, TN, GA and we will let them have MS State

I like this option a lot.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #253 on: October 08, 2011, 08:49:26 AM »
This will end one of two ways.

Either Mizzou will move East, and everything else will stay as it is (why switch us from SoCar to nearby Mizzou? That would be great for us. When has something like that ever gone our way?)

or

Mizzou will join the west and both Bama schools will go east in exchange for Vandy, flipping the current balance of power from the west to the east.

The second scenario seems unlikely or it would already have been done.  Because Bama is nixing the idea of Dead Trees going east (assuming the report is true) that seems to imply they already said no to both of them going east.

I think this will end up with Mizzou joining the east, which makes no sense other than their touching two "east" states, Ketucky and Tennessee.  Their permanent opponent will probably be Texas A&M since they came into the league together and have some semblance of a history with one another.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Tush Hog
  • My boink is FIERCE!
« Reply #254 on: October 08, 2011, 09:02:53 AM »
This will end one of two ways.

Either Mizzou will move East, and everything else will stay as it is (why switch us from SoCar to nearby Mizzou? That would be great for us. When has something like that ever gone our way?)

or

Mizzou will join the west and both Bama schools will go east in exchange for Vandy, flipping the current balance of power from the west to the east.

The second scenario seems unlikely or it would already have been done.  Because Bama is nixing the idea of Dead Trees going east (assuming the report is true) that seems to imply they already said no to both of them going east.

I think this will end up with Mizzou joining the east, which makes no sense other than their touching two "east" states, Ketucky and Tennessee.  Their permanent opponent will probably be Texas A&M since they came into the league together and have some semblance of a history with one another.

I believe your second option will be most likely until the next expansion that will include 2 true Eastern teams thus allowing Mizzou to be moved to its rightful place in the West.

Geography... it comes at you so fast!
If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #255 on: October 09, 2011, 08:02:10 PM »
Math is in short supply here.

Offline Turd F.

• Wrote the Big Beat Manifesto
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #256 on: October 10, 2011, 07:15:51 PM »
TCU announced they're joining the Texas League--no shock there.

U. of Memphis AD states that they deserve to be in the SEC.  *:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/memphis-ad-we-deserve-to-be-in-the-sec/

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #257 on: October 10, 2011, 07:23:46 PM »
TCU announced they're joining the Texas League--no shock there.

U. of Memphis AD states that they deserve to be in the SEC.  *:
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/10/memphis-ad-we-deserve-to-be-in-the-sec/

Wonder what he's been smoking? He's either smoked up, or outright delusional.

Offline TUSK_U

• Wild Hog
« Reply #258 on: October 10, 2011, 07:37:32 PM »

Didn't u read the article? The dude is a shrooms connoisseur. He's trippin on the shrooms, man. That explains the delusions, or illusions.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #259 on: October 10, 2011, 07:43:59 PM »

Couldn't happen to a better group of wizard sleeves like those at memphistigers.org

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #261 on: October 11, 2011, 04:51:12 PM »
http://espn.go.com/dallas/story/_/id/7084900/missouri-tigers-study-outlines-sec-revenue-advantage

Missouri seems to have a real problem with keeping aMm in-house. First was the leak about them preferring the Big 10 over the SEC and now this. Either they don't have their aMm together or someone at Missouri is trying to sabotage their move to the SEC.

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #262 on: October 11, 2011, 04:54:44 PM »
If Clay Travis turns out to be right regarding this, and if the Big East really has interest in Boise, you wonder why Boise hasn't jumped at the chance to finally join an AQ conference. 

http://buttfrickandrogyny.com/big-east-unlikely-to-lose-bcs-bid.php

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #263 on: October 11, 2011, 05:04:12 PM »
Piggler thinks they've been bluffing all along.  I don't buy that - I think the millions in guaranteed revenue that Boise would get every year being in a BCS conference is better for them than the occasional millions they get from a BCS bowl.    The Big East is going to have to get very proactive with the offers to save their conference - offer to guarantee teams that lay down to Notre Dame, offer farm animal fricking to Boise, etc. 

The inability of Missouri to get their aMm together and do this thing like grownups is going to leave them sucking that Longhorn cawk forever.  They shouldn't have run their mouths.   

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #264 on: October 11, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »
frick Missouri.  Cut 'em loose and go get Clemson, FSU, GTech, frick....even Oklahomo.  But frick Missouri.  They bring nothing to the table.

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #265 on: October 11, 2011, 06:21:10 PM »
frick Missouri.  Cut 'em loose and go get Clemson, FSU, GTech, frick....even Oklahomo.  But frick Missouri.  They bring nothing to the table.

Sounds to me like they love the idea of that SEC money but are afraid they can't compete on the field. This stuff about academic prestige is a bunch of bullshit.

Offline Turd F.

• Tush Hog
« Reply #266 on: October 11, 2011, 08:51:07 PM »
Saw this mentioned on TD. Here's the source (The Washington Examiner):
http://twitter.com/#!/Wordmandc

Per their sports writer, UCF is joining the Big East, along with Navy, Air Force, and Temple. He speculates in another tweet that SMU and Houston will be joining and that Boise hopes to join.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #267 on: October 11, 2011, 09:17:53 PM »

Per their sports writer, UCF is joining the Big East, along with Navy, Air Force, and Temple. He speculates in another tweet that SMU and Houston will be joining and that Boise hopes to join.

Lolmemphisst
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • BASEBALL GENIUS
« Reply #268 on: October 12, 2011, 06:47:26 AM »

That is one aMm-tastic league right there.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #269 on: October 16, 2011, 10:01:18 AM »
I've been contemplating the Hogs 2012 schedule & beyond, as it relates to home games, & the southwest classic with A&M.  I think that in order to keep everyone happy, there will have to be either;

a.  Move the LSU game back to fayetteville, & replace it with a non conference opponent or LoL miss, or some other down SEC team. 
b.  schedule a little bit better OOC opponent like Pac-12, ACC, Big East D1 team that isn't top tier like Cal, Maryland, Pitt etc.
for Fayetteville so that there are not a lot of cupcakes up there. 
c.  same as B, but put that OOC game in LR & send the corndogs up to 'nam. 

My issue is to have some resemblance of a competitive game, and get rid of a lot of these Mo St. & new mexico games.  Problem is, the SEC is very tough, so it's not always in the best interest to make our road tougher; Fans want good games that matter though.  I would love for us to do a home & home with a big ten team like Illinois, Michigan, etc either personally, cause I don't think that conference is real strong anyway. 

The other problem with doing that is it requires a home & home contract for most of those games.  The solution is, do this the next couple of years with Texas owing us a game.  The way I see it, we schedule 1 tougher OOC game for LR / 'nam next year, & the next year when we play the Longwhorns at home we go  away for the other OOC game.  It does make a tougher schedule, but it is a lot better for the fans, more likely to sell out etc.  To me, that makes more sense than giving new mexico $850k to come down for an a$$kicking...  That was ridiculous.  Headed back to the screen door
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #270 on: October 16, 2011, 11:20:00 AM »
We don't need any tough OOC opponents.  We have a full SEC schedule in the toughest division in football and we just added A&M - the only reason we were even doing the A&M thing was to pick up a game in the DFW Metroplex for recruiting and the name of the opponent made it such a big deal that the money was too good to pass up.

I've never lived in LR and am not from AR but I've always felt that the WMS games were good for the long term good of the program, but it's going to have to become a one game a year deal for them - either FILL UP THE BUILDING for a so so cupcake or else rotate the MS games down there and call it a day.

We need the rest of the games in our home stadium to make money and to recruit to.  We certainly can't give up any home and homes. 

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #271 on: October 16, 2011, 11:17:17 PM »
If I understand correctly, tejas is under no obligation to play us at home, as it was us who asked out of the scheduled 2009 game because of the initiation of the Southwest Classic.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #272 on: October 16, 2011, 11:24:43 PM »
Somebody on tigerdroppings quoted David Ubben, a Texas League beat writer, as saying we are looking to start a series with OU.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #273 on: October 16, 2011, 11:46:35 PM »
Somebody on tigerdroppings quoted David Ubben, a Texas League beat writer, as saying we are looking to start a series with OU.

there's been a couple of Texas League type sites that's floated that out there.

I hope to Starkville not.

Offline razor5396

• Wild Hog
« Reply #274 on: October 16, 2011, 11:53:48 PM »
there's been a couple of Texas League type sites that's floated that out there.

I hope to Starkville not.

Why the Starkville would we want to schedule OU. That means more than likely we would play OU at the beginning of the year. This would suck because that means within the first month and a half of the season we would have to play OU and Alabama. I can understand why OU wants this game due to the fact that their conference schedule is going to aMm next year when it comes to the BCS computers, but I dont see any benefits for Arkansas other than money.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 12:09:12 AM by razor5396 »

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 20 queries.