Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...  (Read 46811 times)

Offline copenhaWgen

• Wild Hog
  • Satisfied since 1986
Re: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...
« Reply #75 on: September 20, 2011, 02:42:52 PM »
I know yall don't give a frick what Clay Travis's opinion is, but I'm posting it anyway.

I've got to believe Missouri is burning up the phone lines to Big 10 right now. 

http://outkickthecoverage.com/the-secs-final-four-of-football.php

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #76 on: September 20, 2011, 02:47:24 PM »
They would have to, unless they add a third new team in the west (Kansas?).

We might be going back to the old (2 permanent, 1 rotating) schedule.   Who's ready to play Tennessee again every year?

I suppose they could flip one of the East teams to the West and move both bammer and Allbarn.  Maybe Tennersee?  Vandy?  Personnally, I'd rather see the current West stay intact on account of the fact that I hate all those fuckers and want to beat up on them at every chance we gets.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #77 on: September 20, 2011, 02:53:39 PM »
Now SEC is denying the Mizzou rumor. This is a crazy week in NCAA.

Likely just posturing on both sides a little. Mizzou desperately has always wanted to be in the big-10.

I'm almost at the point where I think we should stay at 13 teams for a year. All of this drama over second tier schools like WVA and Mizzou really just make us look bad and keep the fans on edge.

edit- from finebaum
--
@finebaum
Finebaum Network
RT@vgregorian: SEC's Charles Bloom in phone interview: "The SEC has not extended an invitation to any school beyond Texas A&M ... "

---------------------

edit 2

Big 12 still have hope?
http://newsok.com/article/3605958
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 03:40:49 PM by nobu »

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #78 on: September 20, 2011, 03:44:10 PM »
Culturally I think WVU is a much better fit than Mizzou.  Mizzou fans think they belong in the Big 10 because of their midwestern ties and academic superiority.  People keep talking about the KC and STL TV markets, but people up here don't really care about cfb and the media hardly talks about it.  On the other hand, maybe that would change if their division included AR/LSU/Bama instead of ISU/KU/KSU.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #79 on: September 20, 2011, 03:52:19 PM »

Which will make the LSU/WVA game even more interesting.

You don't want to piss off a mountaineer... when they fight, their arms go all windmill on you   ::) 

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2011, 04:02:25 PM »

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #81 on: September 20, 2011, 04:27:34 PM »
Interesting.
http://newsok.com/article/3605958

Oklahoma covering its ass.

Want to make sure that Baylor won't try to sue you or the PAC whatever if you leave?  Make it look like you were run off.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #82 on: September 20, 2011, 04:44:45 PM »
Culturally I think WVU is a much better fit than Mizzou.  Mizzou fans think they belong in the Big 10 because of their midwestern ties and academic superiority.  People keep talking about the KC and STL TV markets, but people up here don't really care about cfb and the media hardly talks about it.  On the other hand, maybe that would change if their division included AR/LSU/Bama instead of ISU/KU/KSU.

If you are from the South and identify with WV culturally, I am sorry to hear that.  What about WV is a good fit culturally with the South?  Starkville, the state was formed because it didn't want to be a part of the South, and their football rivalries are not with southern schools.

According to a survey that I took on the U.S.S. Enterprise about 18 years ago, no one from other parts of the country identifies WV as being in their region, and I am talking about people from bordering states like VA, PA, OH, and Maryland, who composed at least a quarter of the participants.

Offline El Hogarado

• Fan of Normal, American Football
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #83 on: September 20, 2011, 04:49:52 PM »
Culturally I think WVU is a much better fit than Mizzou.  Mizzou fans think they belong in the Big 10 because of their midwestern ties and academic superiority.  People keep talking about the KC and STL TV markets, but people up here don't really care about cfb and the media hardly talks about it.  On the other hand, maybe that would change if their division included AR/LSU/Bama instead of ISU/KU/KSU.

I don't see Missouri fans burning couches, FOIAing a coach's cell phone records, burning another team's van, poisoning any trees, or even knowing how to really tailgate for that matter.  Not enough passion up there for football.  

Although, their sorority girls did get Larry Eustachy drunk a few years ago and Quin Snyder snorted cocaine at halftime of their basketball games.  They are clearly a basketball first school.  
Munny: Starkville of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #84 on: September 20, 2011, 05:01:54 PM »
I like the idea of adding Missouri just because of how much fun it would be to see Mike Anderson whip them on the hardwood.

I would guess that 1 of 2 things are going on(yes this is somewhat a captain of the obvious post)...

• 1. Missouri sees the Big12 imploding and is trying to make themselves look like a hot commodity, hoping for an offer from the BigTen, or
  • 2. The SEC really does want Mizzou but not until the Big12 blows up on it's own, so it can continue to appear to sit back and let teams in rather than poaching them from other conferences.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #85 on: September 20, 2011, 05:06:32 PM »
If you are from the South and identify with WV culturally, I am sorry to hear that.  What about WV is a good fit culturally with the South?  Starkville, the state was formed because it didn't want to be a part of the South, and their football rivalries are not with southern schools.

According to a survey that I took on the U.S.S. Enterprise about 18 years ago, no one from other parts of the country identifies WV as being in their region, and I am talking about people from bordering states like VA, PA, OH, and Maryland, who composed at least a quarter of the participants.

Which Enterprise? Kirk or Picard?
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #86 on: September 20, 2011, 05:51:40 PM »
Which Enterprise? Kirk or Picard?

CVN-65

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Dirty Stanchez
  • King of the Hogs
  • Whiskery Poo
« Reply #87 on: September 20, 2011, 06:16:32 PM »
CVN-65

The Big E.  First nuclear powered carrier and the longest naval ship on the seas.  Scott Bakula can suck it.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #88 on: September 20, 2011, 06:26:05 PM »
CVN-65

I visited the Enterprise back in the early 70's as a Marine. Same ship (CVN-65)? Semper Fi.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #89 on: September 20, 2011, 08:51:10 PM »
If you are from the South and identify with WV culturally, I am sorry to hear that.  What about WV is a good fit culturally with the South?  Starkville, the state was formed because it didn't want to be a part of the South, and their football rivalries are not with southern schools.

I'll just ignore the fact that this is a survey you personally did 18 years ago...  So your argument against WVU in the SEC is that people from Big 10 and ACC country don't think WV fits as part of their region?  

How does WVU fit in the SEC better than Mizzou?  Other than this-  
I don't see Missouri fans burning couches, FOIAing a coach's cell phone records, burning another team's van, poisoning any trees, or even knowing how to really tailgate for that matter.  Not enough passion up there for football.  

There's also the fact that every college football fan has heard about Morgantown and night games at WVU. Columbia never comes up in the discussion of great college towns or great football environments.  I could drive 2 hours to Columbia, MO to a game, but I would be more excited about flying halfway across the country to go to Morgantown.

On a totally non-important note, just look at the current coaches.  Gary Pinkel makes Nick Saban look exciting.  Dana Holgorsen would be a great character for the SEC.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 08:56:30 PM by ups_hog »

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #90 on: September 20, 2011, 09:03:54 PM »
According to the ESPN scroller, Mizzou "unofficially" accepts SEC invite.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #91 on: September 20, 2011, 09:06:20 PM »

Hillfolk aren't Southern or Northern. Hillfolk are Hillfolk. Many of them in Southern states supported the North, including ones in Arkansas. At least WV has a passionate fanbase which MU doesn't. They wouldn't be my first choice but I'd still rather have them over MU which is a whole bunch of meh.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #92 on: September 20, 2011, 09:15:03 PM »

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #93 on: September 20, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
Pac-12 is not expanding.

And the drama takes a new twist.

Offline TomTHog

• Boar
  • Woopig Poker Open Champion of the World!
« Reply #94 on: September 20, 2011, 10:51:22 PM »
baseball is dull only to dull minds.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #95 on: September 20, 2011, 10:53:32 PM »
If the Big-12 survives which it looks like It will now. Then Missouri isn't going anywhere. If TAMU still decides to come we will start to hear a LOT more TCU and Louisville rumors.

Offline ups_hog

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: September 20, 2011, 11:01:00 PM »
If the Big-12 survives which it looks like It will now. Then Missouri isn't going anywhere. If TAMU still decides to come we will start to hear a LOT more TCU and Louisville rumors.

If the OK schools stay and the the Big12 survives for now I don't think MO has the balls to leave on their own.  The immediate question becomes do we take the couch burners now or just stay at 13 until this aMm all starts again next year.

Of course, this will probably all change before we wake up tomorrow.  No one knows what the frick is going on, not even the college presidents.

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #97 on: September 20, 2011, 11:05:58 PM »
If the OK schools stay and the the Big12 survives for now I don't think MO has the balls to leave on their own.  The immediate question becomes do we take the couch burners now or just stay at 13 until this aMm all starts again next year.

Of course, this will probably all change before we wake up tomorrow.  No one knows what the frick is going on, not even the college presidents.

I agree. It is bound to change 100% again within hours. SEC is looking pretty good at being selective and slow in this process. I was reading Mizzou forums all day. Their fans really do not want any part of the SEC. So this is a win for us so far in my opinion.

Online Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #98 on: September 20, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »
When ink is dry, wake me up from this snoozefest.  Otherwise, it's a complete circle jerk and homie don't play that.   

Online Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #99 on: September 21, 2011, 12:01:53 AM »
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 12:05:40 AM by Das berschwein »

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.262 seconds with 20 queries.