Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...  (Read 48409 times)

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
Re: Conference Chaos/Rumblings...
« Reply #125 on: September 21, 2011, 09:51:38 AM »
So we get to split our TV revenue with a new member, have a fricked up scheduling problem for football, and none of the other conferences are expanding (except for the ACC).

Well-played, Slive.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Online hogfan58

• Bret Bielema, cheese curds and frozen custard...you betcha!!
  • Boar
« Reply #126 on: September 21, 2011, 09:54:27 AM »
Here in DFW the talk on radio/print media is about how the LHN is at the root of the demise of the Big 129whatever. But what they never talk about, and what I honestly don't understand, is that if no one gets it and thus no one watches it, then what exactly is the big deal? At year 2 or year 3 when only 2 loser cable companies carry it does ESPN pull the plug on it? Then it's much to do about nothing. Don't get me wrong...I love that it's causing all this aMm storm, but right now I just don't see what big advantage the whorns are getting from it because nobody can watch it. And did ESPN pay the whorns all the $$ up front? If they did, then they are idiots.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #127 on: September 21, 2011, 10:06:45 AM »
It doesn't.  It is impossible.

Everybody gets to beat Ole Miss.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline arreferee

• Blind Zebra
  • Boar
  • Without officials, it's only recess!
« Reply #128 on: September 21, 2011, 10:37:17 AM »
Might as well just ask how the posi trac on the rear end of a Plymouth works.

Just as her:

Indecision may or may not be my problem - Jimmy Buffett

Offline TomTHog

• Boar
  • Woopig Poker Open Champion of the World!
« Reply #129 on: September 21, 2011, 11:09:31 AM »
baseball is dull only to dull minds.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #130 on: September 21, 2011, 12:29:53 PM »
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline TexZilla

• Boar
« Reply #131 on: September 21, 2011, 01:09:21 PM »
OU is fricked.  Texas had no real interest in going into the Pac12 under any but its own terms. 

Looks like Beebe is going to have to go suck dick in New Mexico or Canada.  Does Saskatchewan play football?

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #132 on: September 21, 2011, 01:54:31 PM »
OU is fricked.  Texas had no real interest in going into the Pac12 under any but its own terms. 

Looks like Beebe is going to have to go suck dick in New Mexico or Canada.  Does Saskatchewan play football?

He can be the next AD at Ole Miss.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline razor5396

• Wild Hog
« Reply #133 on: September 21, 2011, 05:55:37 PM »
Apparently Hitler is a Big East fan.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #134 on: September 21, 2011, 07:53:35 PM »
This has probably been covered before but how exactly does a 13-team schedule in a split division conference work?

This is quick and dirty and flawed but it would probably involve the least disruption on short notice.

1.  Keep the divisions as they are except add A$M to the West.
2.  Every team plays the exact same conference schedule they were planning on playing.
3.  The six current West teams all have to drop one of their rent-a-wins and add A$M (except Arkansas since we already have a game against them).  This gives A$M six conference games.  The "original" West teams thus will have 9 conference games instead of 8, six now in their division and three from the other, on the same rotation as currently exists.
4.  A&M plays 1/2 the East for two years, home and home, then the next two years plays the other three, home and home.  These will be conference games for A&M, giving them 9, just like their West brethren.  The three East teams playing A$M in any particular year will play this game in addition to the SEC games they were planning on playing and will drop a rent-a-win to do so.  These will be considered NON-conference games for those 3 East teams.

So, the 7 West teams will play 9 conference games and the East teams will play 8.  No rilvary games will be lost.  The six original west teams wil thus lose 0.5 home games per year.  DThe East teams will lose 1 home game every four years.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2011, 07:57:47 PM by ArkGuy »
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Online boomer_sooie

• Boar
« Reply #135 on: September 21, 2011, 11:24:38 PM »

Looks like he will have plenty of time. The bottom line on ESPN said that the KC Star is reporting that he's resigning/stepping down/ told to GTFO.

I like how everything is reported at night. It's as if they enjoy having everyone wake up in the morning and being completely surprised by the most recent "reports".

Offline papermill

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #136 on: September 21, 2011, 11:26:01 PM »
That guy playing Hitler acts like my boss

and the rest of the guys act like us in meetings with him - "What the frick?  Is this guy nuts?"

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #137 on: September 22, 2011, 07:57:46 AM »
After reading this thread and taking out the trusty slide rule here are a couple of observations:

1 - Cerdo knows his aMm
2 - Tejas is a greedy motherfricker and OU/OSU are fricked
3 - Smoke screen with the Pac 12 by the Big 12 schools since the impact on the student athlete will cause major issues due to travel, time away from class and greater NCAA scrutiny (I know this may seem like a joke but it is very real with a new sheriff in town)
4 - Colonel Reb is a dumbass (couldn't resist)
5 - My screen door is broken

AYFSM?

Online Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #138 on: September 22, 2011, 03:47:45 PM »

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #139 on: September 22, 2011, 04:26:25 PM »
I saw that today. I'm trying not to read too much into it.

20 mill is a hellova buyout, I think they wanted to raise it to 34mil?  I cannot see Maryland going anywhere and to be honest, cannot see FSU going anywhere. But FSU would be a cool add for the SEC, maybe not so much for Florida, but for the rest of us.

Offline PigBangTheory

• Boar
  • Sacha is my doppleganger!
« Reply #140 on: September 22, 2011, 05:15:56 PM »
After reading this thread and taking out the trusty slide rule here are a couple of observations:
1 - Cerdo knows his aMm
2 - Tejas is a greedy motherfricker and OU/OSU are fricked
3 - Smoke screen with the Pac 12 by the Big 12 schools since the impact on the student athlete will cause major issues due to travel, time away from class and greater NCAA scrutiny (I know this may seem like a joke but it is very real with a new sheriff in town)
4 - Colonel Reb is a dumbass (couldn't resist)
5 - My screen door is broken

Agreed on all counts. I do think Dan Patrick's take (actually, according to  sources) on the whole situation was interesting this morning. Top 64 teams, 4 divisions, a true playoff system and the ouster of the NCAA from the equation. The other schools will fall to FBS or what ever the Div.2 is now, One would assume. No more BCS or BCS buster scenarios.

Seems to me that this could open the door for the universities to transition the NCAA out the door in the other sports too.
Hire Nutt.

Online Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #141 on: September 23, 2011, 09:30:51 AM »

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #142 on: September 23, 2011, 10:27:02 AM »
I'd like to see Mizzou in the SEC I think it could make for a good geographical rivalry. Personally, living in Southern MO, I'd love to rub it the faces of these Tiger bandwagon fans every chance I got. I've already squeezed every possible ounce of satisfaction out of the Mike Anderson/Miami Coach hires.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #143 on: September 23, 2011, 08:02:43 PM »
I don't want a school that is going to perpetually pine for spot in the Big10.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline nobu

• A Shoat
« Reply #144 on: September 23, 2011, 08:05:00 PM »

I agree. I spent erg wasted 2 days on mizzou forums... they DO NOT WANT SEC in general. 70% of the posts were all about "leverage" to get into the big 10.

People that stupid.. they dont even deserve to get beat by us every year.

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #145 on: September 23, 2011, 08:48:00 PM »

You are probably right in that regard. But, to avoid the scheduling nightmare of 13 teams, the SEC will have to do something. Assuming of course that the A&M deal still comes off. Most likely will as I think they are way beyond sick of the joke that is UT. All of this is conjecture, of course. But between Missouri (wanting to be a B1G) and West Virginia (hat in hand); I would opt for the latter. Better someone that wants in than someone who has run out of options.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #146 on: September 23, 2011, 08:59:42 PM »
West Virginia might not be in the South but their fans have the type of crazy that I as a SEC fan fully endorse.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #147 on: September 23, 2011, 09:13:03 PM »
West Virginia might not be in the South but their fans have the type of crazy that I as a SEC fan fully endorse.

Exactly.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #148 on: September 23, 2011, 09:14:08 PM »

Ah yes, Morgantown in all it's couch burning glory. Can you imagine those ole piss daisy boys with their polo shirts, pom poms, and backwards mullets being eye-fricked by a bunch of 'shine drunk Appalachian hillbillies outside Milan Puskar Stadium. Priceless.

Geographically, Mizzou +1
Culturally, WVU +1
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Online Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #149 on: September 23, 2011, 09:34:58 PM »
I took a look at Tigerboard (they need to nuke that format) and it seems like most there prefer leaving for the SEC. I've been reading threads over on TD and the gist I get over there from a Mizzou fan is that Mizzou fans are now sold on the SEC and if they stay in the Big 12, it's going to get ugly for their higher-ups. I don't think they believe they have any shot of going to the Big 10.

This is the place where I've found a lot of expansion rumors lately:
http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/b/17/Conference-Expansion.aspx

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 21 queries.