Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 Hog Football schedule...  (Read 10653 times)

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
2012 Hog Football schedule...
« on: November 02, 2011, 06:12:34 PM »
 Is there a complete 2012 schedule anywhere out there yet?

Any idea what time Ark. v Tenn will take place?
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Online DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: 2012 Hog Football schedule...
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 06:55:31 PM »
We got the dreaded 6:45 am slot.  Keep in mind that Knoxville is in the Eastern time zone.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 06:56:08 PM »
they don't even know when next week's game against tennessee will take place and you expect the 2012 schedule. 
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Nick Ahpleeze

• Tush Hog
  • Uniform Traditionalist
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:42:16 PM »
they don't even know when next week's game against tennessee will take place and you expect the 2012 schedule.

man I know it! They usually will have one(at least partial) with the teams & dates but I guess this whole Missouri deals got errthang messed up.
Hey Jeff, Red & White (no black) Jersey , 2 Red stripes on pants leg. GOT IT ?

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:01:26 PM »
Only conference games confirmed are Ole Miss and Kentucky (last two weeks of October).

Tulsa has also been set for the first Sat. of November.

I would also bet on TAMU being the last sat of Sept (5th Saturday of the month), with Bama the week before.

My money is on Tennessee being a september game next year too.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 10:44:56 AM »
We don't even know who's in our conference yet.  Schedule will definitely change.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 11:08:31 AM »
Only conference games confirmed are Ole Miss and Kentucky (last two weeks of October).

Tulsa has also been set for the first Sat. of November.

I would also bet on TAMU being the last sat of Sept (5th Saturday of the month), with Bama the week before.

My money is on Tennessee being a september game next year too.

I wish we'd move Bama to October or November.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 05:10:27 PM »
I wish we'd move Bama to October or November.

Absolutely.  Replace Bama with Missouri and move Bama later in the season.  Playing them early kills us every year.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 07:39:38 PM »
I wish we'd move Bama to October or November the SEC East.

FIFY.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2011, 01:05:34 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post?id=35615

Georgia gets the easy path avoiding LSU, Bama, and us.   

It's not in there, but some are hinting at the fact we may be playing Bama and LSU on the road again.

Offline McCarroll21

• A Shoat
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2011, 02:03:01 PM »
From what I got out of that blog...

Georgia - Dead Trees, Ole Miss
Florida - Texas A&M, LSU
Kentucky - aMm
Missouri - Texas A&M, Alabama
South Carolina - Arkansas, LSU
Tennessee - Alabama, aMm
Vanderbilt - Ole Miss

We're looking at another game with Vandy or a game with Kentucky. Kentucky was supposed to replace Vandy on the rotation, so Kentucky would make a lot of sense, but it's kind of been up in the air if the rotation would keep it or not.

Arkansas and Dead Trees are the teams that need another cross division opponent. Dead Trees hasn't played Vandy since 2008. They played Kentucky in 2009 and 2010.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2011, 03:16:34 PM »
http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post?id=35615

Georgia gets the easy path avoiding LSU, Bama, and us.   

It's not in there, but some are hinting at the fact we may be playing Bama and LSU on the road again.

I think it's a distinct possibility that we will have to play one of them at their place again, but seriously doubt we have to play both on the road.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2011, 04:15:27 PM »
I think it's a distinct possibility that we will have to play one of them at their place again, but seriously doubt we have to play both on the road.

I'd be okay with that long term, since we'd no longer have them both on the road every year.  I'd rather split it every year.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 04:35:17 PM »

LSU.  We'll be back in Baton Rouge this year.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2011, 04:38:41 PM »
Problem is, if we get screwed in 2012, there's still no guarantee that we get a better schedule in 2013.

They've been saying all along that 2012 will be different, and then 2013 they will set the new longterm schedule.

I guess its possible they send us to Baton Rouge 3 years in a row.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2011, 04:49:41 PM »

I guess its possible they send us to Baton Rouge 3 years in a row.

This is a very good possibility.

If Colonel Dale 2012 was still coaching on the Hill, it would be a probability.  We're good enough now that they'll temper how hard they frick us over.

At least.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2011, 10:19:22 PM »
This is a very good possibility.

If Colonel Dale 2012 was still coaching on the Hill, it would be a probability.  We're good enough now that they'll temper how hard they frick us over.

At least.

I know this is a committee type situation, but do we have a representative on the committee?
Shirley Jeff Long won't stand for this?  And if he does, Shirley BMFP will throw a gotdamned fit?
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2011, 10:24:26 PM »
If we get sent back to BR again next year, I hope BMFP tells Lester and the entire stadium of tiger shitheels to go frick themselves before the game.  Get that out of the way and then go out and whip their aMm on the field.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2011, 10:18:58 AM »
Texas A&M's AD claims that they want to keep playing Arkansas in Dallas, but their schedule has us going to Kyle Field next year:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/26/am-arkansas-series-at-cowboys-stadium-falling-short-financially/

Scheduled to play each other at Cowboys Stadium each of the next seven years, the Arkansas-Texas A&M series could find itself doomed thanks to the failure to meet financial projections, the Bryan-College Station Eagle reported over the weekend.

The 10-year series, which was first played in 2009 and dubbed “The Southwest Classic”, was expected to make in the neighborhood of $5 million for each school per year.  According to the paper, and by way of an open records request, A&M was paid $4.2 million for the first game, a figure that dropped to $2.9 million for the 2010 game.  The numbers for the 2011 game were not yet available, and the Razorbacks’ take for the first two games was not listed.

As a result, the Eagle writes, “its continued existence as a neutral-site game may be in jeopardy.”

A&M will be moving from the Big 12 to the SEC in 2012, with 247Sports.com writing that “A&M’s 2012 schedule will include a game against Arkansas at Kyle Field”, not at Cowboys Stadium per the contract signed in April of 2008.

A&M athletic director Bill Byrne told the Eagle that the future of the series is still up in the air, and that the two school will need to continue discussions on which direction they should head.

“We wanted to play Arkansas in the Metroplex,” Byrne said. “We felt once we lost our contacts with TCU and SMU, we needed a presence in the Metroplex. We still think we do.

“Having said that, we need to talk to Arkansas and see whether they want to continue having a conference game in the Metroplex.”

The SEC is expected to release its 2012 schedule as early as today, so there should be some short-term clarity for the series in the not-too-distant future.

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2011, 11:01:19 AM »
This article makes me feel better about our chances of not getting screwed:

http://www.mrsec.com/2011/12/care-for-a-little-last-minute-speculation-on-2012-sec-football-schedule/

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2011, 11:13:56 AM »
Texas A&M's AD claims that they want to keep playing Arkansas in Dallas, but their schedule has us going to Kyle Field next year:

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/26/am-arkansas-series-at-cowboys-stadium-falling-short-financially/

Scheduled to play each other at Cowboys Stadium each of the next seven years, the Arkansas-Texas A&M series could find itself doomed thanks to the failure to meet financial projections, the Bryan-College Station Eagle reported over the weekend.

The 10-year series, which was first played in 2009 and dubbed “The Southwest Classic”, was expected to make in the neighborhood of $5 million for each school per year.  According to the paper, and by way of an open records request, A&M was paid $4.2 million for the first game, a figure that dropped to $2.9 million for the 2010 game.  The numbers for the 2011 game were not yet available, and the Razorbacks’ take for the first two games was not listed.

As a result, the Eagle writes, “its continued existence as a neutral-site game may be in jeopardy.”

A&M will be moving from the Texas League to the SEC in 2012, with 247Sports.com writing that “A&M’s 2012 schedule will include a game against Arkansas at Kyle Field”, not at Cowboys Stadium per the contract signed in April of 2008.

A&M athletic director Bill Byrne told the Eagle that the future of the series is still up in the air, and that the two school will need to continue discussions on which direction they should head.

“We wanted to play Arkansas in the Metroplex,” Byrne said. “We felt once we lost our contacts with TCU and SMU, we needed a presence in the Metroplex. We still think we do.

“Having said that, we need to talk to Arkansas and see whether they want to continue having a conference game in the Metroplex.”

The SEC is expected to release its 2012 schedule as early as today, so there should be some short-term clarity for the series in the not-too-distant future.

Aggies had way too many empty seats on their side, but surprised their revenue was that low.  I would guess we are making more than they are by a good bit, but less than the projected $5 mil as well.

Online Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2011, 12:05:16 PM »
I thought the $5 million was guaranteed, or at least that's the way most internet people made it sound.  If it's not, I don't think we'll be keeping the game in Dallas.

Also, I don't think I'll be relying on "mrsec.com" for any reliable info.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline SOP

• A Shoat
  • Hoggin' it!
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2011, 07:08:48 PM »
Need to replace South Carolina with Missouri as an eastern opponent.

Offline wmr

• King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #23 on: December 26, 2011, 07:10:42 PM »
Aggie writer Billy Liucci claims on twitter the A&M/Arkansas game will be home&home moving forward.  Says Arkansas and A&M sources confirmed this.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #24 on: December 26, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »
during the indy bowl the announcers said a few leaks have been made with one game being mizzou going to USC.   ::)

great insight there
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.301 seconds with 20 queries.