Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 Hog Football schedule...  (Read 10776 times)

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
Re: 2012 Hog Football schedule...
« Reply #75 on: December 28, 2011, 11:43:46 AM »
After thinking about it, I wish we'd stop playing ULM or Mizzou State all the damned time and play LA Tech, SMU, or Southern Miss instead if we want a non-conference game against a mid-major that isn't a total joke. They're not exactly cupcakes, but they are games we should still win.

Those are teams that don't expect a return game.  La Tech gets return games from the likes of Miss St.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #76 on: December 28, 2011, 11:50:52 AM »
I like our schedule.  I hope the september open date is the bye, because win or lose, we're going to need it after the Bama game.  Make the October date a big non-conference game, to replace the A&M game if it goes home/home, or just to have one BCS level noncon to replace A&M.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #77 on: December 28, 2011, 12:05:14 PM »
Those are teams that don't expect a return game.  La Tech gets return games from the likes of Miss St.

I think LA Tech would take LR as a "home game" after coming to Fayetteville. They would have decent fan support there, more so than ULM.

Online RazorbackDad

• Wild Hog
« Reply #78 on: December 28, 2011, 12:08:37 PM »
Florida plays their last historical SEC opponent in October with the Cocktail Party, finishes their SEC slate with newcomer Mizzou on 11/3, and then plays three consecutive non-conference games to END the season. Home vs. ULL, Home vs. Jacksonville St., @ FSU.

We might should quit bitching.

Moose Chump must want to win that Florida championship of the world pretty bad to brush the SEC slate aside and finish with FSU and a Jacksonville St. tune-up.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 02:13:42 PM by RazorbackDad »

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #79 on: December 28, 2011, 02:11:08 PM »
What? You have to have a couple of cupcakes. Who doesn't?

Some fans think we should play Ohio St, Texas, USC, & Oregeo every year in addition to our SEC conference schedule.  Some fans are also pretty stupid.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: December 28, 2011, 02:12:57 PM »
I'm tired of us playing nobody's the first 2 weeks of the season and then getting the doors blown off us by Bama's SEC-caliber speed & talent.

So we play Oregon and get our doors blown off by the speed & talent?

Arkansas has been beat by Alabama the last few years because they're better than us right now, not because of any schedule.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2011, 02:19:05 PM »
So we play Oregon and get our doors blown off by the speed & talent?

Arkansas has been beat by Alabama the last few years because they're better than us right now, not because of any schedule.

It'd be nice if you'd read previous fricking posts before just firing off like an asshole.  I already said that I don't expect us to play a BCS-caliber opponent in the first 2 weeks of the season -- I specifically mentioned Oregon.  But there is a difference in playing a fricking FCS school, and upgrading that at least to 2 FBS-level opponents.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that perhaps it made no fricking difference whatsoever against Bama.  Maybe they really were just that much better.  But I would feel more confident if we played at least 1 decent team before Bama.  aMm, we want to be the ones wearing the pants in the SEC-W, right?  Well, look at who LSU & Bama played before us, and then look at our schedule.  There's a gap there.  AGAIN - I want no part of a BCS conference champion-caliber team in weeks 1 or 2, but we can do better than Jacksonville fricking State.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #82 on: December 28, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #83 on: December 28, 2011, 03:13:13 PM »
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/12/28/sec-schedule.ap/index.html?sct=hp_t2_a4&eref=sihp

How many times is Arkansas mentioned in this article.  Specifically, when mentioning a team has a touch schedule because they have to play Arkansas. 

Refreshing.

hint:  I didn't count, but it seemed like a lot to me.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline jacobp

• A Shoat
« Reply #84 on: December 28, 2011, 03:14:04 PM »
I think LA Tech would take LR as a "home game" after coming to Fayetteville. They would have decent fan support there, more so than ULM.
Their working on this game right now, and the current scenario is exactly what you said.  Arkansas is offering one game in Fayetteville, and the next year's game to be in LR with LA Tech considered the 'home' team.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #85 on: December 28, 2011, 03:22:58 PM »
Their working on this game right now, and the current scenario is exactly what you said.  Arkansas is offering one game in Fayetteville, and the next year's game to be in LR with LA Tech considered the 'home' team.

Give Memphis the same opportunity but with hoop games as part of the deal.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #86 on: December 28, 2011, 03:31:28 PM »
It'd be nice if you'd read previous fricking posts before just firing off like an asshole.  I already said that I don't expect us to play a BCS-caliber opponent in the first 2 weeks of the season -- I specifically mentioned Oregon.  But there is a difference in playing a fricking FCS school, and upgrading that at least to 2 FBS-level opponents.

I'm perfectly willing to admit that perhaps it made no fricking difference whatsoever against Bama.  Maybe they really were just that much better.  But I would feel more confident if we played at least 1 decent team before Bama.  aMm, we want to be the ones wearing the pants in the SEC-W, right?  Well, look at who LSU & Bama played before us, and then look at our schedule.  There's a gap there.  AGAIN - I want no part of a BCS conference champion-caliber team in weeks 1 or 2, but we can do better than Jacksonville fricking State.
So we lost to Bama in 2010 after playing Tenn Tech and ULM the 1st 2 weeks because we weren't ready for their speed and talent? if so, how in the Starkville did we get up 17-7 and half and 20-7 on them in the 3rd quarter? If we are good enough we will win. It's that simple.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #87 on: December 28, 2011, 04:00:30 PM »

I was probably overly negative in my response so I will apologize for that.  I still believe that a lot of fans (not just Razorback fans) have a hard time admitting that another team or program is just better than them and try to come up with reasons or excuses on why they can't win.  As someone pointed out we played a full SEC schedule and still got beat up by LSU. 

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #88 on: December 28, 2011, 04:03:21 PM »
So we lost to Bama in 2010 after playing Tenn Tech and ULM the 1st 2 weeks because we weren't ready for their speed and talent? if so, how in the Starkville did we get up 17-7 and half and 20-7 on them in the 3rd quarter? If we are good enough we will win. It's that simple.

Fair enough.  One season is an extremely small sample size, I will admit.  But I don't think it could hurt to trade out the D-IA cupcake for a team in a real conference that might give us a little extra challenge and leave us a little better prepared than playing an absolute nobody.

Offline Chigurh

• Call it Friendo
  • Wild Hog
  • I can't call it for you
« Reply #89 on: December 28, 2011, 04:08:42 PM »
Winning the SEC Title should be the goal each season, and you don't have to go undefeated in your non-conference games to do it.

I would rather play a team from a BCS conference before the SEC schedule begins to possibly expose our flaws before playing Alabama.

All you guys saying that our schedule is "too tough" for a solid non-conference game have delusions of a National Title swimming around your head.

Win the SEC. Anything after that is gravy.
You pick the one right tool.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #90 on: December 28, 2011, 04:09:44 PM »
Fair enough.  One season is an extremely small sample size, I will admit.  But I don't think it could hurt to trade out the D-IA cupcake for a team in a real conference that might give us a little extra challenge and leave us a little better prepared than playing an absolute nobody.

If we can get a good BCS conference team to replace A&M I personally think next year's non-con schedule is perfect.  One good to very good BCS conf team, a decent to good mid-major, and two cupcakes.  You've got to get a couple of those to get the backups some work.  It might be better if could put Tulsa as the 2nd game but scheduling is pretty tough and you get what you get.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #91 on: December 28, 2011, 04:12:06 PM »

Lest we forget Jacksonville State is a little over a year removed from a victory over a team that had just won back-to-back NYD bowls for the first time in FIFTY YEARS!  FIFTY!

The only reason I can come up with for the I-AA teams on the schedule is that they probably play us for a much smaller paycheck than the Sun Belt and MAC schools would require.   A cupcake is a cupcake anyway, or at least should be.  If I were allowed one tweak to the current BCS system that didn't involve destroying the whole thing, I'd change the rule to where non-BCS conference teams all counted the same towards strength of schedule calculations.  A national championship of real football should not be decided in any way by the relative strength of the weakest teams on the contenders' schedules. 

Online RedRiverHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #92 on: December 28, 2011, 04:40:14 PM »

BMFP doesn't give a frick what ya'll think.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #93 on: December 28, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »

Just because we play in the SEC West is no reason to duck decent teams from other conferences as opposed to scheduling the Troys and Jacksonville States of the world.  LSU and Bama don't duck real opponents - why should we be scared to play a real team?  Since Bama is going to be our first game for the foreseeable future, it would be nice to know what we have before we play them.  If we play a good team and lose and then play Bama and win and put ourselves in legitimate position to win the West, aren't we better off?  It has been statistically proven that a one-loss team can make the NC game.  If we lose to a Ohio State or Oklahoma State or Oregon or whoever - I don't really care who it is - and then run the table in the SEC, I like our chances.

Offline hogsrunwild

• King of the Hogs
  • Yes, it is
« Reply #94 on: December 28, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
Just because we play in the SEC West is no reason to duck decent teams from other conferences as opposed to scheduling the Troys and Jacksonville States of the world.  LSU and Bama don't duck real opponents - why should we be scared to play a real team?  Since Bama is going to be our first game for the foreseeable future, it would be nice to know what we have before we play them.  If we play a good team and lose and then play Bama and win and put ourselves in legitimate position to win the West, aren't we better off?  It has been statistically proven that a one-loss team can make the NC game.  If we lose to a Ohio State or Oklahoma State or Oregon or whoever - I don't really care who it is - and then run the table in the SEC, I like our chances.

Bama played Penn State this year, we played TAMU this year.  I would call that a push for OOC scheduling vs Bama.  LSU scheduled a tough schedule.
Quote from: Animal Chin on Today at 07:38:32 PM
Also, I want to have sex in and around your mouth. Please tell me you're in central Arkansas so we can meet up.  I'm not hard to find.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #95 on: December 28, 2011, 05:12:54 PM »
I liked the idea of playing Arizona.  They're a bit of a name, we apparently have a huge alumni base there (if my most recent copy of the alum magazine is to be believed), and aren't a threat.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: December 28, 2011, 05:19:33 PM »
I liked the idea of playing Arizona.  They're a bit of a name, we apparently have a huge alumni base there (if my most recent copy of the alum magazine is to be believed), and aren't a threat.

Good choice. Plus you have the media story of Petrino vs. Rich Rod.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #97 on: December 28, 2011, 05:23:41 PM »
Good choice. Plus you have the media story of Petrino vs. Rich Rod.

Tuscon is apparently 120 miles from Phoenix, which is inconvenient to me flying there to check off another college football place from my list.

So, my solution is this:  We play at University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix.  Just like JerryWorld, so everyone who's used to $9 beers isn't disturbed.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #98 on: December 28, 2011, 05:29:37 PM »
Tuscon is apparently 120 miles from Phoenix, which is inconvenient to me flying there to check off another college football place from my list.

So, my solution is this:  We play at University of Phoenix Stadium in Phoenix.  Just like JerryWorld, so everyone who's used to $9 beers isn't disturbed.

You should tweet Jeff Long about it.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #99 on: December 28, 2011, 05:47:28 PM »
You should tweet Jeff Long about it.

I think we're all in agreement that I should be in charge of our non-conference schedule.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.374 seconds with 20 queries.