Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garrett Uekman has passed away.  (Read 17604 times)

Offline leftovers

• A Shoat
Re: Garrett Uekman found dead???
« Reply #75 on: November 20, 2011, 07:21:43 PM »
Watched the press conference. Long choked up several times and Petrino was obviously upset. It's a terrible thing.

Prayers for Garrett and his family and friends.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #76 on: November 20, 2011, 07:46:25 PM »
i have no words.

R.I.P brother.   :beer:
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline marine4ark

• Banished to Crapola
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #77 on: November 20, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
My condelences and peace to the family, team, athletic department and Razorback Nation as a whole.  These losses of great young men have taken a serious toll on me from my previous career.  Far too many never got to grow up.  It is sad.  We have something else to play for now.   

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2011, 08:04:07 PM »
We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Springdale this year for the games.  That is where the team stays.  My kids did an expert job of stalking the players.  My 10 year old daughter got Garrett's autograph on her football and talked about how cool he was to actually talk to her and her little brother.  She was so excited at the game last night when he got in.  He played several snaps at fullback.  My kids are crushed by this.  All I can do is hug them. Hug yours tonight.

Offline Hatchclan

• CBB, CMA, & CDVH = SUCCESS
  • A Shoat
« Reply #79 on: November 20, 2011, 08:13:41 PM »
I cannot even imagine what it would feel like to lose 1 of my boys. My prayers are with Garrett`s parents, family, coaches, and teammates.
Beer has food value, but food has no beer value.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: November 20, 2011, 08:14:12 PM »
We stayed at the Holiday Inn in Springdale this year for the games.  That is where the team stays.  My kids did an expert job of stalking the players.  My 10 year old daughter got Garrett's autograph on her football and talked about how cool he was to actually talk to her and her little brother.  She was so excited at the game last night when he got in.  He played several snaps at fullback.  My kids are crushed by this.  All I can do is hug them. Hug yours tonight.

I was holding up pretty well (ok, just "alright") until I read this.  Just horrible.  My boys keep wondering why I'm hugging and kissing on them so much when I was just teaching my youngest proper technique on a forearm shiver and rip move this afternoon.

Its horrible to lose a Razorback.  Just terrible.  But his parents lost their child as well.  Not sure I could take it.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #81 on: November 20, 2011, 08:17:38 PM »
that was a tough presser to watch.

and tomorrow after school at CHS, there will be a rosary.  those who played there or went to school there no what a big deal the rosary is before games and no doubt garrett sat through numerous ones in that chapel.  that'll be a tough one.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Reaganite

• Wild Hog
  • SEC officiating
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2011, 08:20:21 PM »
Even our cold-blooded assassin of a coach was shaken up at the presser.  Tough week for everyone.

Here's the video:
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2011/nov/20/5447/

We can rebuild him.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2011, 08:27:42 PM »

and tomorrow after school at CHS, there will be a rosary.  those who played there or went to school there no what a big deal the rosary is before games and no doubt garrett sat through numerous ones in that chapel.  that'll be a tough one.

Did you go to Catholic?

Yeah, I remember going to rosary on Friday afternoons.  It will shake up that high school community as much as it does this team.  Those kids put him on a pedestal.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2011, 08:34:15 PM »

I'm going to watch it as soon as my kids go to bed.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #85 on: November 20, 2011, 08:39:59 PM »
Did you go to Catholic?

Yeah, I remember going to rosary on Friday afternoons.  It will shake up that high school community as much as it does this team.  Those kids put him on a pedestal.

yep.
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #86 on: November 20, 2011, 08:41:28 PM »
Did you go to Catholic?

I plan on attending as well if I can get away.
AYFSM?

Online WORD

• Happy-go-lucky Irishman
  • Tush Hog
  • Beauty lies in the hands of the beerholder
« Reply #87 on: November 20, 2011, 08:44:50 PM »
yep, presser did it for me.  just lost it.  Extra hugs for my boys tonight.  Extra prayers for all hogs and especially 88 and his fam
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #88 on: November 20, 2011, 08:52:55 PM »
yep, presser did it for me.  just lost it.  Extra hugs for my boys tonight.  Extra prayers for all hogs and especially 88 and his fam

Just got my kids to bed and watched it.  Same here.

Offline SupaflyTNT

• A Shoat
« Reply #89 on: November 20, 2011, 08:59:32 PM »
I never knew Garrett, but I knew Chad in high school.  Does anyone know how they were related?  He was class of '99.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2011, 09:08:22 PM »
Was checking CaringBridge and found this from some friends whose daughter is still impacted 2 years later...

If not for the love we have shared, it would be hard to conceive how any parent could deal with the loss of a child. Our hearts are heavy and we mourn with the Uekman's for their son Garrett.

But  we know how Michelle, and Danny, and Meagan will cope - the same way they helped us cope 2 years ago - through the kindness and support of family and friends who, through God's love and mercy, will continue to be there for them.

During the months that Mary was hospitalized, Michelle was one of the saintly women who stayed with Mary, allowing us to go home to eat dinner or get a night's rest. She and Meagan were so good with Mary, and you could feel their love when they walked in the room.

It is that same love that we know the Uekman's will experience in this tragedy.

We pray for God to give you the peace of heart that you will need. You know that we love you and will hold you in our hearts.

Jesus, we place our trust in You.
AYFSM?

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2011, 09:11:33 PM »
I have a class with Garrett this semester and was put into a group with him for a class project. He was quiet but always extremely respectful and humble as I'll get out. It's a crazy thing to think about that the guy you were at Mullins with talking to last week won't be coming back. One of the saddest days in Razorback history.

w88pigs88ie
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline PigBangTheory

• Boar
  • Sacha is my doppleganger!
« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2011, 09:24:56 PM »
The sharp knife of a short life. So very sad.  :'(
Hire Nutt.

Offline labhawg

• Wild Hog
  • NO BREAKS
« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2011, 09:36:17 PM »

May God ease your pain Uekman family.     

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• Boar
« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2011, 09:44:50 PM »
For ya'll that remember Garrett hit the winning bucket when Catholic won the 7-A B-ball title about 3 years ago.
Ender of threads!

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2011, 09:57:19 PM »
For ya'll that remember Garrett hit the winning bucket when Catholic won the 7-A B-ball title about 3 years ago.

I remember them winning, but did not know he hit the winning bucket.  I read somewhere today about him being a great basketball player.  I was impressed with some of his blocks last night. 

Last night.  Sad day.  Hug your kids.

Offline geohul

• Guy who bitches about weed on the internet.
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2011, 10:17:00 PM »
fricking piece of aMm Westboro Church trash is saying they will picket funeral on the twitters......

"@MargieJPhelps MargiePhelps
Westboro will picket funeral. Stop teaching kids proud sin! MT @Bhamnewssports: Ark Razorbacks f/b player Garrett Uekman dies at age 19."

Offline labhawg

• Wild Hog
  • NO BREAKS
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2011, 10:20:20 PM »
fricking piece of aMm Westboro Church trash is saying they will picket funeral on the twitters......

"@MargieJPhelps MargiePhelps
Westboro will picket funeral. Stop teaching kids proud sin! MT @Bhamnewssports: Ark Razorbacks f/b player Garrett Uekman dies at age 19."

That aMm won't fly round here. They better think it over.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2011, 10:23:44 PM »
I'll bite...what is "proud sin" supposed to be as it relates to Garrett?

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2011, 10:26:46 PM »
Oh I hope they try to picket the funeral. It'll be the last funeral they'll ever picket.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.203 seconds with 20 queries.