Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: W88PIGS88IE. Tributes to Garrett Uekman  (Read 11390 times)

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
Re: W88PIGS88IE. Tributes to Garrett Uekman
« Reply #50 on: November 21, 2011, 10:09:05 PM »
A good friend of mine who is from Marche and told me stories of Garrett playing hoops with his two young boys at his home, told me this afternoon that Austin Tate is going to wear #88 friday,  that will be an emotional monster to deal with if so...
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline TulsaHawg

• Embraces the Idiot
  • Tush Hog
  • "Long live Lanny!"
« Reply #51 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:54 PM »
Matt Turner tweeted:  "We've seen various sides of Bobby Petrino over the years, but I believe we just saw his best side. His speech about Garrett was perfect."

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #52 on: November 21, 2011, 10:14:13 PM »
Bobby isn't cheap.  His tears mean something.

That's why just about every grown man in the room was crying as he spoke.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2011, 10:30:41 PM »
http://www.wholehogsports.com/videos/2011/nov/21/5454/

Video to those who couldn't see it. I was there at the ceremony. I haven't been that emotional in years. Coach Petrino has my highest respect
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2011, 10:41:28 PM »
Petrino's part of the evening starts around 4:00.   :'(
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:22 PM »
After going to the ceremony, I can no longer call Coach Petrino anything other than just that, Coach Petrino. I have found a new respect for him that requires me to refer to him as the man he is. I won't have any issue with anyone calling him BMFP, Petrion, etc. But for me personally I didn't see tonight only a BAMF who yells at anyone he pleases or an amazing football coach with incredible schemes to win championships. Tonight I saw a man. Just like me. Just like you. A man who has emotions, who lost a player, a kid, and, according to Coach Petrino, a friend.

He is as bad of a mofo as they come. I was always afraid to look straight into his eyes because my soul may start bleeding fire and brimstone. But not anymore. I look at him as man first, coach second.

Coach Petrino. We as a Razorback Nation thank you for everything you have done for this school. On AND off the field
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

Offline clintcommander

• Take it easy... and if its easy, take it twice!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #56 on: November 21, 2011, 11:08:40 PM »

Video to those who couldn't see it. I was there at the ceremony. I haven't been that emotional in years. Coach Petrino has my highest respect

This has Bobby and Tate's speech...  To see a man we all considered to be unshakable under any circumstance break down and choke up nearly turned me into a blubbering baby.  You can't fake love and emotion like that.  If you didn't think BMFP was sold on this school and these kids, this video will make you reevaluate your position.

This team is gonna come out fired up for LSU.  Whether they can hold that emotion all game, I don't know.  :pray: But, you can expect us to come out firing on all cylinders.

:helmet: RIP Garrett :helmet:
Once upon a time, big fat titties, and they all lived happily ever after.
The End

Offline Old Dirty Boarstard

• Boar
  • quack
« Reply #57 on: November 22, 2011, 12:43:50 AM »
Some pictures from tonight...

Offline BravesDiva

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net 3.0
« Reply #58 on: November 22, 2011, 03:21:04 AM »
Some pictures from tonight...

:'( These are amazing. Thanks for sharing.

Offline ssupermans

• A Shoat
« Reply #59 on: November 22, 2011, 06:07:15 AM »
Any notice the Board building in LR overnight? It was lit up wit "4G" in red on all four sides.

Offline HawgDDS

• A Shoat
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2011, 06:16:56 AM »
Any notice the Board building in LR overnight? It was lit up wit "4G" in red on all four sides.

May have to due with Verizon launching 4G service in LR.

Offline ssupermans

• A Shoat
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2011, 06:19:27 AM »
May have to due with Verizon launching 4G service in LR.

Dammit!

I knew us animals couldn't do anything that classy!

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #62 on: November 22, 2011, 06:53:22 AM »
After going to the ceremony, I can no longer call Coach Petrino anything other than just that, Coach Petrino. I have found a new respect for him that requires me to refer to him as the man he is. I won't have any issue with anyone calling him BMFP, Petrion, etc. But for me personally I didn't see tonight only a BAMF who yells at anyone he pleases or an amazing football coach with incredible schemes to win championships. Tonight I saw a man. Just like me. Just like you. A man who has emotions, who lost a player, a kid, and, according to Coach Petrino, a friend.

He is as bad of a mofo as they come. I was always afraid to look straight into his eyes because my soul may start bleeding fire and brimstone. But not anymore. I look at him as man first, coach second.

Coach Petrino. We as a Razorback Nation thank you for everything you have done for this school. On AND off the field

This...
AYFSM?

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2011, 07:13:14 AM »
 :'(  Just watched the video.  Thanks for providing the link!  I probably should have waited until I was home this evening, though.  Coach Petrino's speech had the tears rolling... at work.  Coworkers are staring.  frick 'em.  God rest Garrett.  And God bless the mourning Razorback nation.

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2011, 07:39:24 AM »

Dammit, why'd you have to go and make a big man cry.  I'm all misty at work, which doesn't help much with my already shaky public image. 

Offline TulsaHawg

• Embraces the Idiot
  • Tush Hog
  • "Long live Lanny!"
« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2011, 07:40:17 AM »
Here is a transcript of Coach Petrino's remarks:

"This is a sad day for the Razorback family and a tragic reminder of just how precious life really is. Moments like this make you realize just how insignificant wins and losses can be and how important the people around you are. And Garrett was important to all of us.

"I have a difficult time putting together words to express our sympathy to Danny, Michelle and Megan. The best I can do at this moment is simply to say thank you. Thank you for sharing Garrett with us. Thank you for allowing all of our lives to be bettered for the time that we spent with Garrett. I am proud to have known Garrett. He embodied everything good about this football team, the university and this state. He was a tireless worker, and excellent student and even a better friend. And a kid that any parent would be proud to call their own.

"Garrett had many opportunities coming out of high school and could have chosen to attend any number of schools. Instead, he chose to follow his dream of coming to the University of Arkansas and playing football for the Razorbacks. I find some comfort in knowing that his last game was as a Razorback in War Memorial Stadium, a place that meant so much to him.

"But I want this known about Garrett; he came to Arkansas as much to be a student here as to play football. He was a true student-athlete and loved this place. It's human nature to ask why. Why Garrett? Why now? Unfortunately, we don't have those answers, so instead let's focus on what we know. And what we know is that we are all better off having spent some time with Garrett. Garrett lived with passion, energy and enthusiasm. He helped bring joy to his teammates and his coaches. He was driven to succeed in the classroom and on the field. Again, he embodied everything you want to see in a true student athlete.

"We have a game scheduled this weekend. At the Ueckman's request, we will play that game. To the outside world, we will take the field without number 88. They could not be more wrong. Garrett will be there, planted firmly in the heart and soul of every Razorback that takes the field, sits in the stands or watches on TV. He is part of us and will be forever. As his parents have shared with us, Garrett would have wanted us to play. He would have wanted us to compete. He would have wanted us to play passionately with everything we have. With your support, we will do just that.

"Garrett was a true Razorback. He loved this place, and we loved him. Garrett will be remembered as a Razorback forever."

http://arkansas.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1297451

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2011, 09:04:48 AM »
Gearhart said they are going to put Garrett's name on Senior Walk with his class.

Wow.  I didn't know there was a precedent for that.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #67 on: November 22, 2011, 09:17:55 AM »
Wow.  I didn't know there was a precedent for that.

I believe Katie Wood's name is on the Walk as well, IIRC.

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • Boar
« Reply #68 on: November 22, 2011, 09:30:09 AM »
The full service is on Razorvision now

Offline DrMongoose

• King of the Hogs
  • whatever
Haters gonna hate

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • Boar

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #71 on: November 22, 2011, 01:35:28 PM »
Was in Levy earlier and stopped in Hoggs to get some steaks for my son to take back to school and they were putting a care package together for the Uekman's. I didn't realize they were next door neighbors but it's still a classy act of kindness! They have earned my business forever!
AYFSM?

Offline unknown

• A Shoat
  • w88pig.net
« Reply #72 on: November 22, 2011, 01:40:11 PM »
Thanks. That's not easy to watch
nope.  Not sure what the tribute will be, I'm sure it will be appropriate and moving.  This would be a nice touch to the helmets, I think.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #73 on: November 22, 2011, 02:20:51 PM »
nope.  Not sure what the tribute will be, I'm sure it will be appropriate and moving.  This would be a nice touch to the helmets, I think.

I wouldn't have an issue with that, except for having the hog on the ribbon sticker.  I'd 86 that.

Offline unknown

• A Shoat
  • w88pig.net
« Reply #74 on: November 22, 2011, 02:55:01 PM »
I wouldn't have an issue with that, except for having the hog on the ribbon sticker.  I'd 86 that.
That is above my gimp level

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.249 seconds with 20 queries.