Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bobby Petrino Doesn't Give a frick What You Think: LSU '11  (Read 9568 times)

Offline OneWhoAdores

• A Shoat
Re: Bobby Petrino Doesn't Give a frick What You Think: LSU '11
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2011, 11:46:08 AM »
The LSU game was over when LSU's bigger, faster, and stronger lines decided to wake up. They took over against our lines and won the game. Our inability to run or protect the QB isn't because we didn't have Knile, it was because we didn't have experience/depth on the O-line.  Our D-line was simply outmanned, and once the opening game high wore off, they were popping off 4 yards per run. This game was over when they made the game 14-7.

Nah, the lines weren't the problem.  Our O-line has definitely played better throughout the year.  Most of the sacks, if not all, were on Tyler.  We can't protect him forever.  To be fair, though, it seemed like he was trying hard NOT to turn the ball over, which I can accept.  We ran the ball well enough, too, I thought.  Nothing eye-popping, but definitely enough to take advantage of the how incredibly deep they were keeping their safeties.  After DJ's fumble, we went away from it and never had a chance from there.  It's no coincidence that we were up early when we were running way more than passing.  Given their defensive strategy, we didn't have much choice.  Offensively what killed us was obviously the turnovers, not the o-line play.

The d-line?  Eh, they're not world beaters--not nearly as good as we hoped in August.  But they did okay in this game (until the very end when they were definitely getting pushed back).  What killed us defensively was the play of the back seven.  As much as I love Franklin, Thomas, Nelson, and the rest, they're all obviously second rate.  The run support from the back seven was just aMm all year and it showed again yesterday (aside from that awesome ff for Thomas).  We do a decent job holding up at the point of attack (not to say we got penetration), but the ability of the linebackers and secondary to fill in the rest was just not good enough.  We don't read the game nearly fast enough, and when we get there we just go down for the legs instead of filling the gap like a man.

In the end, they followed the same template of Bama, Ole Miss, and Vandy: back off, give us nothing deep, and force us to win running.  I thought we were doing it early, but the turnovers and that fricking pr tilted the advantage back to them. 

Nbd, though.  That aMm won't work next year.  Our line is getting better and all coming back.  And so is Davis.  If our back-up WRs come along like they should, watch the frick out.  And, by way of request: next year, Bobby, will you please send Kiero out, intentionally not blocking the LB, to cut fricking Mathieu?  Next year we should target him for sure.  Want to go for the strip every play?  Then get run right over.  In the nfl he'd have more cleat marks on him than tackles.  He should next year in LR, too.
If you don't bleed Razorback Red, just take your bitch ass on home

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2011, 12:00:20 PM »
I'm realizing that even if we played a mistake-free game yesterday, DJ doesn't turn the ball over/92-yard punt return, we still get beat. Maybe not as bad as we did, but we still get beat. Not a consolation prize by any means, but you could see the talent difference in the 2nd half. They are bigger, stronger, and more fundamentally sound than we are.

We've predicated our 10 wins this year on adjustments, and exploiting weaknesses in the inferior teams. We were the inferior team against bama/lsu, and it played out that way. No shame in that.

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2011, 12:17:26 PM »
I'm heartened by the fact that BMFP is the sorest loser on planet earth.  He doesn't give a frick.

This.  Fire cannot be taught.  You either have it or you don't.  BMFP does.  That's why he's a winner.  frick ESPN.  frick the country.  frick all the haters who think that coaches cussing each other doesn't happen all the time and BMFP is a sellout and we deserve whatever beating we get. 

Our coach is a heel?  Fine.  So are we.  frick everybody else.  They root against us.  Their announcers praise any other team than ours.  The refs frick us as often as they can.  Our quarterback gets destroyed weekly by helmet-first hits and no flags are thrown. 

frick everybody.  We're still 10-2 and bowl-bound. 

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2011, 12:27:18 PM »
This.  Fire cannot be taught.  You either have it or you don't.  BMFP does.  That's why he's a winner.  frick ESPN.  frick the country.  frick all the haters who think that coaches cussing each other doesn't happen all the time and BMFP is a sellout and we deserve whatever beating we get. 

Our coach is a heel?  Fine.  So are we.  frick everybody else.  They root against us.  Their announcers praise any other team than ours.  The refs frick us as often as they can.  Our quarterback gets destroyed weekly by helmet-first hits and no flags are thrown. 

frick everybody.  We're still 10-2 and bowl-bound.

This. We are headed in the right direction under BMFP. We just need to get bigger and meaner up front.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2011, 12:54:16 PM »
I took the pointing to possibly mean that Bobby saw someone on their sideline (a spotter?) and pointed him out and started mouthing off at him. They appeared to have both sides of the ball figured out, moreso than normal IMO.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline RHM

• A Shoat
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2011, 12:59:29 PM »
Does anyone else think that Gary Danielson wears Hog pajamas to bed every night? :suicide:

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2011, 01:03:14 PM »

Nah, the lines weren't the problem.  ....

See, this is when I first suspected your analysis was indefenseable.  You, know, the first sentence.

... Most of the sacks, if not all, were on Tyler. 

At this point, I was pretty sure my first impression was right.

We ran the ball well enough, too, I thought. 

Annnnnnnd, that clinched it right there.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2011, 01:08:35 PM »
See, this is when I first suspected your analysis was indefenseable.  You, know, the first sentence.

At this point, I was pretty sure my first impression was right.

Annnnnnnd, that clinched it right there.

I didnt get past the first sentence.
And so it was that later

Offline hogeyeblind

• A Shoat
  • "Golden Handcuffs"
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2011, 01:09:01 PM »

The question at the half from the reporter about our team's mindset being emotional and fragile was batted back by Bobby saying that we're not.  This is one of many examples of where when asked a question that seems to place us in the inferiority complex light, Bobby says no dice.

Ive noticed over the past couple of years that it appears Tracy Wolfson's thong is bisecting a turd every time she has to interview BMFP at halftime.
2 Star talent but I'm special and really want to be a Woopigger

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2011, 01:19:32 PM »
My memory has blotted most of this out but did LSU get all their 'good' plays reviewed like they did ours?
And so it was that later

Offline GolfingHog

• Tush Hog
  • Calmer than you are.
Bobby Petrino Doesn't Give a frick What You Think: LSU '11
« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2011, 01:27:28 PM »

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2011, 01:29:24 PM »
I have zero complaints with the ref crew yesterday.

Petrino is a great caller but he is stubborn.  Dennis Johnson yesterday was getting stuffed and he had a very crucial fumble.  He isn't Knile Davis, who is an All SEC back.  We should have gone to Brod running behind Small much earlier and stuck with it because it was working.

Offline intercept

• Wild Hog
  • A legend and an out-of-work bum look a lot a like.
« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2011, 01:36:07 PM »
I doubt it would have kept working... if we had went to it more often, LSU would have shut it down. Our line wasn't going to keep making holes against their line. I do agree that Johnson wasn't getting it done, so it couldn't have hurt.

Offline snoots

• Tush Hog
  • "Get them to sign on the line which is dotted"
« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2011, 01:40:40 PM »
Bobby's fu mfer made Sportscenter and Yahoo last night.  Haven't seen much new today, but my fear is that if this thing gets more legs, something may come down from the AD.

Online pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2011, 01:43:52 PM »
Bobby's fu mfer made Sportscenter and Yahoo last night.  Haven't seen much new today, but my fear is that if this thing gets more legs, something may come down from the AD.

frick the AD in his ass with a cactus.  And frick anybody that has anything negative to say about BMFP. 
I can't explain it; there's some kind of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue.  It makes you feel, like, really sick and tired and you're able to fall asleep.

Offline DarkHelmet

• Wild Hog
  • Stop your grinnin and drop your linen.
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2011, 01:44:46 PM »
We need to really root for Auburn today

unpossible. i hope bama stomps a mudhole in their ass and dyer gets a knee.

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2011, 01:45:42 PM »
something may come down from the AD.

No I don't think he's getting a bonus for that. This is a family program afterall.
And so it was that later

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2011, 01:49:41 PM »
Who gives a frick.  That one poster is right, everyone hates us because we're crazy and our coach is Mean/Jackass/GoingToLeaveUsAnyday/etc..ku

Frick the world.   We will get there ourselves, by ourselves. 

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2011, 01:52:00 PM »

This.

The offense only scored 10 points so he isn't in any position to point fingers. Perhaps if we could control the ball better our defense wouldn't have to play a shitload more snaps than the offense.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Woopig Poll
  • Boar
« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2011, 01:53:39 PM »
If Petrino is going to be upset, then be upset at yourself for not stopping them. He acted like he had sand in his vagina.

I take solace in the fact that this was Tyler's first year as a starter and he went 10-2 and I also find comfort that Petrino will be pissed enough to go out and do what needs to be done to get us to the next level.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #45 on: November 26, 2011, 02:08:23 PM »
Who gives a frick.  That one poster is right, everyone hates us because we're crazy and our coach is Mean/Jackass/GoingToLeaveUsAnyday/etc..ku

Frick the world.   We will get there ourselves, by ourselves.

Better than a coach who suspends players for drug use found before the season starts only to give them a two week rest before the "game of the century."

Offline wvhawgfan

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #46 on: November 26, 2011, 02:13:51 PM »
I have zero complaints with the ref crew yesterday.

Petrino is a great caller but he is stubborn.  Dennis Johnson yesterday was getting stuffed and he had a very crucial fumble.  He isn't Knile Davis, who is an All SEC back.  We should have gone to Brod running behind Small much earlier and stuck with it because it was working.
I've also been perplexed as to why we abandoned the two back set with Small and Green,  Were were getting positive yards and I kept waiting to see play action off of that set.  Oh well guess that's why I'm on the couch today drinking a beer and Petrino is in his office breaking down film.

Offline marine4ark

• Banished to Crapola
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #47 on: November 26, 2011, 02:58:25 PM »
I think BMFP is a good man and it was an emotionally tough week for him and his team.  I'm sure he was disappointed in the outcome but to blame Trucker Hat for his teams inability to play defense is inexcusable and exumes a spirit of being a poor loser.  I think the ole ball coach said something to the effect of "if you don't want me to run the score up -- tackle." 

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2011, 03:07:03 PM »
I think BMFP is a good man and it was an emotionally tough week for him and his team.  I'm sure he was disappointed in the outcome but to blame Trucker Hat for his teams inability to play defense is inexcusable and exumes a spirit of being a poor loser.  I think the ole ball coach said something to the effect of "if you don't want me to run the score up -- tackle."

Great insight.

I'd bet my bank account that Petrino wasn't mad simply because he felt Miles was running up the score.   There was a reason.  Petrino took plenty of lumps in '08 without any incident like that.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Dirty Stanchez
  • King of the Hogs
  • Whiskery Poo
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2011, 03:09:29 PM »
Show me a good loser and I'll show you a loser. - Vince Lombardi
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 20 queries.