Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Bobby Petrino Doesn't Give a frick What You Think: LSU '11  (Read 9726 times)

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • Boar
  • Unofficial Woopig Golf Tourney Chairman
Re: Bobby Petrino Doesn't Give a frick What You Think: LSU '11
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2011, 03:09:59 PM »
Who gives a frick.  That one poster is right, everyone hates us because we're crazy and our coach is Mean/Jackass/GoingToLeaveUsAnyday/etc..ku

Frick the world.   We will get there ourselves, by ourselves.

Yeah, because yelling "Boom motherfricker!!" really hurt Muschamp's coaching career and ESPN gravitas.
Down at the senior citizens home, doing a couple numbers for the old ladies.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2011, 03:12:38 PM »
Great insight.

I'd bet my bank account that Petrino wasn't mad simply because he felt Miles was running up the score.   There was a reason.  Petrino took plenty of lumps in '08 without any incident like that.

Not only that but he used to run it up when he was at UL.  I think he was mad about the excessive celebration after a score during a game that was almost over and not in doubt.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2011, 03:27:15 PM »
Not only that but he used to run it up when he was at UL.  I think he was mad about the excessive celebration after a score during a game that was almost over and not in doubt.

This is what I immediately thought of. He did it once immediately after scoring. That should have been a penalty, but whatever. Somewhat subjective. When another player joined him in the endzone and they went through with a choreographed celebration, it took it out of the realm of discretion. The official fricked up.  Even with the game decided, I was livid and screaming at the television. 

It could have been a million things, though. One of the players could have said something out of line... He might have felt they were cheap shotting us.  Anything.

Petrino is never going to be viewed as a saint. The kids at Arkansas Children's Hospital likely don't give a frick how ESPN portrays him.

Offline SoldierSooie

• Tush Hog
  • We're Back!
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2011, 04:03:17 PM »
This is what I immediately thought of. He did it once immediately after scoring. That should have been a penalty, but whatever. Somewhat subjective. When another player joined him in the endzone and they went through with a choreographed celebration, it took it out of the realm of discretion. The official fricked up.  Even with the game decided, I was livid and screaming at the television. 

It could have been a million things, though. One of the players could have said something out of line... He might have felt they were cheap shotting us.  Anything.

Petrino is never going to be viewed as a saint. The kids at Arkansas Children's Hospital likely don't give a frick how ESPN portrays him.

EoT

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2011, 04:25:19 PM »
Who gives a aMm?  Frick you, mother fricker!  My coach was standing up for my team, and I could give a rat's ass how it "plays" in the national media, who want nothing more than for us to fail, or anyone else.  Just what in starkville do any of us think would have happened Over the course of this season had any of our players been arrested in a bar fight, tested positive for synthetic weed, free tats, Selling aMm, on and on and on?  They would have been gone, period.  Christ, he sent an NFL hof's son home before the Liberty Bowl for missing curfew.  Cuss away coach, love you for it, you badass mommafricker.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline shithead

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2011, 04:36:29 PM »
Who gives a aMm?  Frick you, mother fricker!  My coach was standing up for my team, and I could give a rat's ass how it "plays" in the national media, who want nothing more than for us to fail, or anyone else.  Just what in starkville do any of us think would have happened Over the course of this season had any of our players been arrested in a bar fight, tested positive for synthetic weed, free tats, Selling aMm, on and on and on?  They would have been gone, period.  Christ, he sent a NFL hof's   Dallas Cowboys Ring of Honor members son home before the Liberty Bowl for missing curfew.  Cuss away coach, love you for it, you badass mommafricker.

fixt.

Otherwise, spot on.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2011, 05:18:00 PM »
Who gives a aMm?  Frick you, mother fricker!  My coach was standing up for my team, and I could give a rat's ass how it "plays" in the national media, who want nothing more than for us to fail, or anyone else.  Just what in starkville do any of us think would have happened Over the course of this season had any of our players been arrested in a bar fight, tested positive for synthetic weed, free tats, Selling aMm, on and on and on?  They would have been gone, period.  Christ, he sent an NFL hof's son home before the Liberty Bowl for missing curfew.  Cuss away coach, love you for it, you badass mommafricker.

Agreement.

Offline OneWhoAdores

• A Shoat
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2011, 05:52:20 PM »
See, this is when I first suspected your analysis was indefenseable.  You, know, the first sentence.

At this point, I was pretty sure my first impression was right.

Annnnnnnd, that clinched it right there.

Interesting first sentence for you, too: "you, know," (???) the one where you couldn't spell 'indefensible'.  Whatever, fair enough, let's see if I can make a defense of what I said.  I took the numbers I'm giving from ESPN's play-by-play chart.  Went fairly fast, so feel free to check me up; could've fricked up.

We had 28 carries for 42 yards

We did have, however, 5 sacks for -41 yards.  As I said, I think the bulk of them (at least 4) were really on TW.  I'm not going back to look at the game, though, so feel free to dispute that (with anything more compelling than 'yeah, you're just wrong', which is all you offered to begin with).  We didn't have any holds, we didn't see our tackles just get overwhelmed by their ends, and I don't think we just straight turned one of their tackles loose, all of which are signs your o-line is sucking.  Some guys got through free, yes, but when they bring more than you have to block that aMm obviously will happen.  Sometimes it's on the QB to recognize what's coming and get rid of the damn ball.  Take those out, then:

23 carries for 83 yards = 3.6 ypc

Nothing stunning, which I admitted, but enough to move the chains.  I don't think it's unfair to take away Mitchell's -6 yard carry either, since it's not very obviously the o-line's fault he bobbled the snap:

22 carries for 89 yards = 4.05 ypc

What's wrong with that (against what everyone believes is one of the better defenses in CFB history, in their house, in a game which they probably needed to keep their NC hopes alive)??  To be fair, 23 of those 89 were from 3 scrambles by TW.  Not sure what you'd want to do with them.  I mean, it's not really a credit to the o-line's run blocking, but it is arguably a credit to their pass blocking.  Anyway, take them out:

19 carries for 66 yards = 3.47 ypc

Again, not killer by any means, but enough to keep the chains moving. 

I admit it's not hugely persuasive to disregard the sacks (to show the o-line played okay across the board).  There ARE cases where it's the QB's fault, though, and I'm giving the benefit of the doubt to our line for most of those.  Quite apart from that, I think those numbers DO show the run blocking was not utter aMm (which is, after all, what you claimed 'clinched' the case for my analysis being aMm).  CLEARLY the sacks shouldn't count there (because we weren't run blocking).  Particularly in the first half, when we were in the game, not turning it over every damn series, we had 18 rushes for 85 yards (including scrambles).  That's not bad run blocking.  Once the game got away from us, we just didn't have a choice (we had 4 whole rushes in the second half).
If you don't bleed Razorback Red, just take your bitch ass on home

Offline geohul

• Guy who bitches about weed on the internet.
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2011, 05:53:45 PM »
Bobby is pissed because that piece of aMm was taking knees last week with 5 minutes to go and apologizing to teh Hoot in the post game for his team running it up.  Our guys just went through a week of Starkville after losing a brother and this piece of aMm makes this the moment to "Make a statement" by running it up?  frick you mother fricker indeed.  By the way what the frick is with all the talk about Oklahomo State getting a mulligan because they played the night after a plane crashed that had no one affiliated with the football team on board, but nobody in the media is mentioning the fact that we are coming off a short week of prep where our backup tight end (an actual member of our team) was found dead by our 3rd string TE and kicker.  As usual the media is full on retard.  :bird:

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2011, 06:21:46 PM »
I have zero complaints with the ref crew yesterday.

Petrino is a great caller but he is stubborn.  Dennis Johnson yesterday was getting stuffed and he had a very crucial fumble.  He isn't Knile Davis, who is an All SEC back.  We should have gone to Brod running behind Small much earlier and stuck with it because it was working.

Wow, looks like you saw the same game I did.  Apparently we are the only two who saw Arkansas have some success running the ball.  That Small / Green lineup was working, I imagine LSU was pretty grateful when we stopped.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: November 26, 2011, 06:27:23 PM »

Only thing Chris Berman has said in the last 10 years that he was right about is that Petrino and ARkansas deserve each other, perhaps not in the way he meant though.

I wouldn't trade Petrino for any coach in America on any level.  He is the perfect coach for Arkansas.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline 501 Hawgz

• Wild Hog
  • Just gettin' warmed up
« Reply #61 on: November 26, 2011, 08:32:42 PM »
I just now got to reading this weeks BPDGAF, but it was great as always.

A bowl win is so important to me at this point, I'm glad we aren't in a BCS bowl that I get over-hyped for and then let down like last years. I want the loser of OU and Okst, neither of which has the defense to stop us. I'm pumped for January. Lets roll. (Not tide)

Offline Green_Lanternn

• KEEPER OF THE SMEGMA
  • Boar
  • I wake up in the morning and piss excellence
« Reply #62 on: November 26, 2011, 09:10:00 PM »
Too many things to say so I'll keep it simple.  It's F.ucking great to be a HOG fan.  Period.  We are bitching about a 10 win season when 3-4 years ago we were about to lose to East Carolina in the God forsaken Liberty Bowl.  I'll take 10 win seasons back to back with our potential heisman trophy running back out for the season, the O line being young, our D line being young or coming from juco so they haven't seen SEC type play, and a quarterback that threw for over 3k yards in his FIRST year starting..

The way I see it, we are a year ahead of schedule.  We should relax, enjoy it, go 11-2, get a great recruiting class and say frick the haterz. I truly believe that after this season, Petrino won't be going anywhere till retirement unless some fucktards call for his head after a "disappointing" 10 win season.

Sit back, have some whiskey and drink it all in.  we have back to back 10 win seasons and the future is very bright. 

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #63 on: November 26, 2011, 09:44:03 PM »
Yeah, well my wife suddenly developed a serious case of TMJ and I haven't gotten a blowjob in a month.  I needed this win. 

Gonna be a long cold December, and a bowl loss will be intolerable. 
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Implores you bitches to just accept the unyielding, planet-crushing black hole karma of Razorback Football.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #64 on: November 26, 2011, 09:47:09 PM »

Gonna be a long cold December, and a bowl loss will be intolerable.
there's reason to believe maybe this year will be better than the last

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #65 on: November 26, 2011, 09:55:01 PM »
It will still take a few weeks but watching the Egg Bowl helped.

Eventually I'll recover from this as I did the Sugar Bowl. And when the dust settles, I'll look back on this year as a wonderful achievement, while also feeling sad that arguably the greatest senior class in school history (talent-wise) didn't get to win a championship.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online The Red Death

• Harnessing the spirit of John Robert Starr since 2005
  • Boar
« Reply #66 on: November 26, 2011, 09:58:50 PM »
:beer: :thumbup:
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline hogs45

• A Shoat
« Reply #67 on: November 26, 2011, 10:40:17 PM »

This did not go unnoticed, Mr. Jones.
"We gonna pick 'em up when they get off the damn bus."

--MMFA, March 26, 2011.

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2011, 11:08:21 PM »
This did not go unnoticed, Mr. Jones.

And me.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #69 on: November 26, 2011, 11:09:51 PM »

ISWYDT

:thumbup:

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #70 on: November 27, 2011, 07:09:53 AM »
We simply don't have the depth on both sides of the line to stack up with LSU and BAMA.  we can compete with them for a half, but not a whole game.  I haven't followed recruiting closely, but what I recall, Petrino has recruited heavy at the receiver position but not on the lines.  Please tell me I'm wrong.

I thought Petrino should have been pissed with Miles leaving Jefferson in the game with it out of reach.  I don't blame LSU for going for another score, but usually Petrino does it the backup QB.  frick LSU.

Offline GettinPiggyWithIt

• A Shoat
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #71 on: November 27, 2011, 11:26:53 AM »
BMFP has redshirted 19 players this year. 3 on the O line and 3 on the D line. He is building this team the right way. We have never been able to redshirt this many in the past. We are in the top 10 throughout the past 2 years. We will be there next year as well. In the next few years, we are going to bite these motherfrickers I the ass and win it all.

Offline PigHair

• Boar
« Reply #72 on: November 27, 2011, 01:25:05 PM »
BMFP has redshirted 19 players this year. 3 on the O line and 3 on the D line. He is building this team the right way. We have never been able to redshirt this many in the past. We are in the top 10 throughout the past 2 years. We will be there next year as well. In the next few years, we are going to bite these motherfrickers I the ass and win it all.

8 years to first post, RMPL, indeed.

Offline Reaganite

• Wild Hog
  • SEC officiating
« Reply #73 on: November 27, 2011, 02:35:36 PM »

As first posts go, this one is solid.   :thumbup:

You know we're obliged to tell you to go DIAF though, right?

We can rebuild him.

Offline Pig

• Wild Hog
  • BLT's are so darn tasty!
« Reply #74 on: November 27, 2011, 04:27:40 PM »
People were saying this was their generation's Big Shootout.   It wasn't.
That was last year's game when we hosted Alabama.
I was at both games and they were exactly the same.

This game with LSU was the 2nd Shootout in 1970.
We were #4, went down to Texas, and just got run over.
After the end of the season in 1970, we were a fragile and emotional team,
so butthurt we didn't even go to a bowl game.

This is where the historical analogy ends.
We are going to kill someone in a bowl this year and be even better next.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.292 seconds with 20 queries.