Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: stAte fans are up in arms  (Read 7308 times)

Offline Ham Malone

• Tush Hog
stAte fans are up in arms
« on: November 26, 2011, 10:39:38 PM »
The stAte folks are pissed because their SID was photographed on Friday wearing Hog gear in Baton Rouge.  They want the guy fired over it.  If one of our guys was at a stAte game wearing their gear... no one would give a aMm. 

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=51837.0
819 F.2d 451

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: stAte fans are up in arms
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2011, 10:44:54 PM »
If one of our guys was at a stAte game wearing their gear he'd be spotted immediately.  After a few years you learn everybody's name over there. With only 300 or so fans, it's easy to spot a new guy.

I hope they do fire him. The UofA can hire him as a janitor. That's a comparable job to Arkansas State SID, right?  Shoot, we'll trade them Chuck Barrett for him.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Kill The Ref

• Tush Hog
  • Dirty, Dirty Pig Boy.
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2011, 10:48:39 PM »
stAte has a SID?   ???

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2011, 10:49:40 PM »
I saw a woman in the Hobby Lobby in Ft. Smith, wearing a stAte sweatshirt. I had never seen one in the wild, I thought they were endangered.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2011, 10:52:37 PM »
The stAte folks are pissed because their SID was photographed on Friday wearing Hog gear in Baton Rouge.  They want the guy fired over it.  If one of our guys was at a stAte game wearing their gear... no one would give a aMm. 

http://www.arkst.com/board/index.php?topic=51837.0

It's just the whole inferioriy complex that makes it hard to cheer for them.  I'm genuinely happy for them to have the kind of year they've had this year and the opportunity to go to a bowl.  I want all Arkansas teams to succeed.  But for them to have that kind of attitude is pitiful.  Arkansas is not their competition.  The fact that some of them think we are is sad and pathetic.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2011, 10:54:03 PM »
I saw a woman in the Hobby Lobby in Ft. Smith, wearing a stAte sweatshirt. I had never seen one in the wild, I thought they were endangered.

My cousin was wearing a stAte shirt at Thanksgiving dinner. I told her "Nice shirt, I wish I had two of them."

Offline Ham Malone

• Tush Hog
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2011, 10:54:26 PM »
They're having a great year, going for ten wins on Saturday against Troy State and they already won the Sun Belt and are going to whatever the GoDaddy.com Bowl is to play the MAC champ.  They should be focused on keeping their coach instead of continuing their sad obsession with us. 
819 F.2d 451

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2011, 11:11:06 PM »
Boy there are some delusional folks in that thread.  They're the type of fans that will chase off a decent coach like they one they have now. 

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2011, 11:13:38 PM »
Boy there are some delusional folks in that thread.  They're the type of fans that will chase off a decent coach like they one they have now.

I remember when Arkansas Gov Mike Beebe was one of those, amagonmb.  He was nasty about his opposition to UA just like asuwon and all of those guys.

The crazies just make the casual fans not want to go see ASU and pull for them.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2011, 11:20:28 PM »
Broyles has been gone for over 4 years and they still mentioned him at least 5 times in that thread.  Every now and then I think Arkansas should play them and keep some of that rent-a-win money in-state but then I read crazy drivel like that and think "screw 'em".

Online TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2011, 11:21:49 PM »
Having got my prerequisites at stAte, I can attest there are J-town folks who are closet Hogs fans. I have friends there who support the hometown school for business reasons but don't advertise their Hog apparel in public. I do everytime I go there to visit. Love the looks I get from them.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2011, 11:30:23 PM »

Damn terrorists.
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2011, 11:32:48 PM »
My wife is from NEA. She is an Arkansas grad (just thought I would throw that in).

I have spent a lot of time up there with a bunch of asu boosters.  I just don't get their vitrol for Arkansas.  I watched their game on a Tuesday night this year.  Starkville, I rooted for them. I also noticed that they had about 4000 fans for that game.  My town's high school had over 30,000 for a game this year. Before you point a finger at Arkansas, maybe you should take a look at your fans. 

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2011, 11:37:35 PM »
It's funny how they think they have some rivalry with us when they aren't even on our radar. frick them and their dimestore program. Playing them only acknowledges their existence. If we want to play someone instate then play UCA. That would send those tards through the roof.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Ham Malone

• Tush Hog
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2011, 11:38:33 PM »
They are hoping to have 15,000 show up for their game on Saturday.
819 F.2d 451

Offline dazzling

• A Shoat
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2011, 12:17:55 AM »
ASU-J fans are the whiney high school girls who cry because they didn't get asked out by the popular boy. And then still cry about it decades later while feeding the 10 cats they live with.

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2011, 09:31:03 AM »
There is a lunatic fringe of ASU fans. Ive been to two games this year and have seen people wearing Razorback shirts hats jackets etc and not a problem. Id lump that board in with the Nutt lovers.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2011, 10:05:48 AM »
There is a lunatic fringe of ASU fans. Ive been to two games this year and have seen people wearing Razorback shirts hats jackets etc and not a problem. Id lump that board in with the Mr. Golden Parachute lovers.

You're probably right.  If they are only getting 4000 fans at a game then it is obvious that the majority of their fans don't care one way or the other about their program.

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »
You're probably right.  If they are only getting 4000 fans at a game then it is obvious that the majority of their fans don't care one way or the other about their program.

4k was at the tuesday night game. There was around 12k for the ULL game. Disappointing considering the season they are having. If they cant get it close to sold out for the finale next week they need to readjust their expectations.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 10:16:00 AM »
Wow, that is a sad thread.

Offline PigHair

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2011, 10:17:09 AM »
I remember when Arkansas Gov Mike Beebe was one of those, amagonmb.  He was nasty about his opposition to UA just like asuwon and all of those guys.

The crazies just make the casual fans not want to go see ASU and pull for them.

Anywhere amagonmb's old posts can be viewed?

Offline dixiecupdrinker

• Is better than 3-17
  • Boar
  • Roy Berry is my hero
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2011, 10:24:22 AM »
k
Wow, that is a sad thread.
I just looked at the first page. It made me feel like that one time I went to nobville. Those guys need to focus their energy on something more productive than getting the womens bball SID fired. How bout increasing attendance or keeping Freeze around a couple more years?

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2011, 10:27:33 AM »
I'm kind of reading some of the threads over there.

I feel kind of sorry for them - all they talk about is boycotting someone and being pissed off because no one notices them. 

Offline jeb stuart

• Tush Hog
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2011, 10:36:26 AM »
Having got my prerequisites at stAte, I can attest there are J-town folks who are closet Hogs fans. I have friends there who support the hometown school for business reasons but don't advertise their Hog apparel in public. I do everytime I go there to visit. Love the looks I get from them.
I live in Jonesboro, went to college on the Hill, and there are far more Hog license plates and gear seen in town than ASWho gear.
Spot on, most are indifferent to their athletic programs. That board IS their hardcore, lunatic fans.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2011, 10:39:21 AM »
I'm kind of reading some of the threads over there.

I feel kind of sorry for them - all they talk about is boycotting someone and being pissed off because no one notices them.

It says a lot about them that they got Freeze, had the kind of year they had, are going to a bowl, and all they can do is blow up because the women's basketball SID wore a Hog shirt to the LSU game on his day off, a fact nobody would have been aware of if they hadn't started that thread and gotten it linked on here, tigerdroppings,etc.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.279 seconds with 20 queries.