Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: stAte fans are up in arms  (Read 7362 times)

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
Re: stAte fans are up in arms
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2011, 10:35:28 PM »
They need to be worried about keeping their own coach.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:00 PM »
Any updates from UCA?  They still on pace to be the next South Florida and taking all our Central Arkansas fans away?
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2011, 11:36:22 PM »
Any updates from UCA?  They still on pace to be the next South Florida and taking all our Central Arkansas fans away?

I always liked that nobody at UCA had a problem with being fans of both schools. Lately there has been a small faction developing the AState mentality. I hope this stays small.

However your Center of Learning did win playoff round 1 this weekend.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2011, 11:49:54 PM »
now they locked it so you have to be a member to read it
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2011, 12:38:35 AM »
now they locked it so you have to be a member to read it

Not locked. Deleted.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2011, 12:50:22 AM »
Not locked. Deleted.
No, it's still there, moved to something called Den of Iniquity.
Up to 31 pages of Arkansas hate now.
"Whether you're Black or White;
 Country, Redneck or Freak;
 Young or Old;
 From London, to Moscow or Memphis;
 Elvis Presley will still be the King of Rock & Roll."

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2011, 12:53:42 AM »
No, it's still there, moved to something called Den of Iniquity.
Up to 31 pages of Arkansas hate now.

Link? Because I can't find it. Plus my profile shows my posts were deleted.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2011, 07:22:52 AM »
I grew up in Newport back in the '70's and I know how ridiculous they are. One of the reasons I wanted to move away. You're right. Their hate for Arkansas trumps their support for their own school. Really pathetic.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2011, 08:33:02 AM »
Ironically there is a letter to the editor in today's ADG from someone complaining about the lack of coverage ASU got when it was announced they were going to the GoDaddy.com (not a search engine) bowl.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2011, 08:59:55 AM »
I grew up in Newport back in the '70's and I know how ridiculous they are. One of the reasons I wanted to move away. You're right. Their hate for Arkansas trumps their support for their own school. Really pathetic.

Cool story, Brocephus.

Offline jeb stuart

• Tush Hog
« Reply #60 on: November 28, 2011, 09:16:33 AM »
My truck radio was left on the local sports station after listening to ESPN radio yesterday running errands. Anyway, the local sports radio guy this morning was pimping his view that howlin' and aMm's record this year has them in a position to take recruits out of the "back door" of every SEC program. Granted, he's an incredible dumas but I found that to be particularly hillarious.

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #61 on: November 28, 2011, 09:56:17 AM »
Link? Because I can't find it. Plus my profile shows my posts were deleted.
Apparently their 'Den of Iniquity' section where they have moved it requires you be a member to read it.
Guess you'd have to hold your nose and sign up to read their ravings about the Hogs now.
They are really Howling and aMm in their panties over this.
 Young or Old;

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #62 on: November 28, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
I always liked that nobody at UCA had a problem with being fans of both schools. Lately there has been a small faction developing the AState mentality. I hope this stays small.

However your Center of Learning did win playoff round 1 this weekend.

My perception is a little different.  I'd say almost all of my life, ALMOST nobody had a problem of rooting for both schools.  Just like nobody had a problem with someone rooting for Conway High and UCA.  Why would you? they're playing on different levels against different competition.  Same with UA and UCA.  There has always been a tiny faction that hated all things UofA but they were tiny.

Then, when Lu Hardin came to town, he started acting like you had to choose up sides.  He made a big scene after some Saturday he went to a local bank to cash a check on his way to a road game and all the tellers were wearing red.  Called the local paper and asked to be interviewed and basically told local businesses they'd better support UCA or else.  Hinted that contracts, ads, etc., would be jerked if people didn't comply.  Well, this was well received by the hard core Purple Circle crowd but it pissed off a larger number of folks.

Now that Lu is out, things have pretty much returned to normal.  You can go look at any student parking lot and probably one car in three has some kind of Hog sticker or license plate on it.  Few people act as if cheering for one means you can't cheer for the other.

Anyway, apparently Nathan Dick had a fantastic game Saturday.  THey are at Montana this weekend in the Round of 16.  I hope they run the table.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #63 on: November 28, 2011, 10:00:16 AM »
Luke will be along soon to splain it to erry body.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #64 on: November 28, 2011, 10:01:35 AM »

Then, when Lu Hardin came to town, he started acting like you had to choose up sides.  He made a big scene after some Saturday he went to a local bank to cash a check on his way to a road game and all the tellers were wearing red.  Called the local paper and asked to be interviewed and basically told local businesses they'd better support UCA or else.  Hinted that contracts, ads, etc., would be jerked if people didn't comply.  Well, this was well received by the hard core Purple Circle crowd but it pissed off a larger number of folks.

Now that Lu is out, things have pretty much returned to normal. 

Lu Hardin should be wearing his purples in the penitentiary.
 Young or Old;

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #65 on: November 28, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »
My perception is a little different.  I'd say almost all of my life, ALMOST nobody had a problem of rooting for both schools.  Just like nobody had a problem with someone rooting for Conway High and UCA.  Why would you? they're playing on different levels against different competition.  Same with UA and UCA.  There has always been a tiny faction that hated all things UofA but they were tiny.

Now that Lu is out, things have pretty much returned to normal.  You can go look at any student parking lot and probably one car in three has some kind of Hog sticker or license plate on it.  Few people act as if cheering for one means you can't cheer for the other.

Anyway, apparently Nathan Dick had a fantastic game Saturday.  THey are at Montana this weekend in the Round of 16.  I hope they run the table.

Support the Purple and Gray.  Lu's got markers to pay.

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #66 on: November 28, 2011, 10:32:48 AM »
If Uca were to run the table, the chip game would be the day after the cotton bowl in Frisco

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: November 28, 2011, 10:45:33 AM »
If Nathan can stay healthy they have a shot.  :thumbup:

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #68 on: November 28, 2011, 11:05:58 AM »
The Purple Dranks are headed to Missoula this week.  The University of Ole Montana Grizzlies have a pretty cool stadium.

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #69 on: November 28, 2011, 11:27:37 AM »
Apparently their 'Den of Iniquity' section where they have moved it requires you be a member to read it.
Guess you'd have to hold your nose and sign up to read their ravings about the Hogs now.
They are really Howling and aMm in their panties over this.

I've already signed up over there. Guess they have me banned from accessing it.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2011, 11:39:36 AM »

If this were true, it would be very ironic considering the loyalties of his own son. 

Also ironic given that he was a HUGE ATU supporter during the heyday of that rivalry.

Maybe it was just a one day thing when the Bears were +15.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
If this were true, it would be very ironic considering the loyalties of his own son. 

Also ironic given that he was a HUGE ATU supporter during the heyday of that rivalry.

Maybe it was just a one day thing when the Bears were +15.

Oh, it's true.  Here's a (rambling) Brummett column that mentions it: http://thecabin.net/stories/100607/opi_1006070030.shtml
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2011, 12:33:20 PM »
The Purple Dranks are headed to Missoula this week.  The University of Ole Montana Grizzlies have a pretty cool stadium.

Montana opened Washington-Grizzly Stadium in 1986 and they have a 142-20 home record there since then. 

There's apparently a big stink in Montana over the fact that ESPN, which owns the rights to all the FCS playoff games, is only airing the first two rounds on ESPN3.  Both Montana and Montana State are in the playoffs and, apparently, a lot of people in Montana don't have access to internet providers that carry ESPN3. 

Angry Montanans.

I do sorta agree with the folks from Montana.  My home internet provider (Aristotle) doesn't carry ESPN3 and I'd like to watch the UCA-Montana game this weekend on TV. 
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2011, 01:02:17 PM »

Montana opened Washington-Grizzly Stadium in 1986 and they have a 142-20 home record there since then. 

There's apparently a big stink in Montana over the fact that ESPN, which owns the rights to all the FCS playoff games, is only airing the first two rounds on ESPN3.  Both Montana and Montana State are in the playoffs and, apparently, a lot of people in Montana don't have access to internet providers that carry ESPN3. 

Angry Montanans.

I do sorta agree with the folks from Montana.  My home internet provider (Aristotle) doesn't carry ESPN3 and I'd like to watch the UCA-Montana game this weekend on TV.

As near as I can tell, it's best not to frick with folks from Montana.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Razor B

• Tush Hog
« Reply #74 on: November 28, 2011, 01:14:15 PM »
I've yet to meet 100% A-State fans.  Everyone I know that lives Jonesboro follows the Hogs.  I even sat by some people at the Bama game last year from Jonesboro who said they drive to Fayetteville to watch Arkansas each home game.  Even the dozen or so people I know that went to ASU love the Razorbacks.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 20 queries.