Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: This year's redshirt class  (Read 8034 times)

Offline pulled pork butt

• A Shoat
  • "we didn't come to paint"
This year's redshirt class
« on: November 27, 2011, 08:20:35 AM »
Ive heard a little about our redshirt class this year which is supposed to be very good. Could someone in the know expound further upon exactly who all is in this class?

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
Re: This year's redshirt class
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 08:24:16 AM »
I'd like to know the answer to this too.  The Arkadie kid redshirted.  I don't recall seeing this Jeremiah Jackson/Johnson kid at all this year. 

Did Atiga actually play any minutes this year?

I notice that both Grants on our OLine are Seniors but I thought Freeman was younger then that. 
I figure we move Brey Cook in to guard and Smothers is the other tackle next fall.  That is a 2 year OLine set in stone there. 

Offline PigHair

• Boar
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 08:29:29 AM »
I don't remember Kane Whitehurst playing any. I don't think the Canadian, Weir played any. Hope that helps

Online Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 08:54:57 AM »
What about the linebacker from AZ, Hamon?
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Implores you bitches to just accept the unyielding, planet-crushing black hole karma of Razorback Football.

Offline Tooth_Sleuth

• A Shoat
  • Coming right atcha
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:57:47 AM »
I have high hopes for Quinta Funderburk. He's built a lot like Monk was and with Petrino's offense could be something special.
The days of falling into a barrel of tits coming out sucking our thumb are over.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2011, 09:17:12 AM »
I want to know what kind of redshirts we have on the Lines and LB's. I'm not worried about skill position players under BMFP.

Online The Red Death

• Harnessing the spirit of John Robert Starr since 2005
  • Boar
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2011, 09:22:25 AM »
Here is the list:

Kelvin Fisher 5'11 170 (CB)  Very athletic, one of the better cover corners we had in fall camp according to Petrino.  He could play either offense or           defense but I hope he stays in the secondary.

Brett Weir 6'4 240 (LB)  Has ballooned from a 6'4 210 safety to about 240 and now projects as a LB or DE.  Has great athleticism but is behind learning American football a little.  More of a project and probably 2 years away from the depth chart IMO.

Demarcus Hodge 6'0 320 (DT)  Came in a little overweight but think Alfred Davis.  Needs to keep weight off but could be good run plugger.

Kane Whitehurst 5'11 180 (WR)  Fast, great hands.  Great PR and kick off man.  Not sure how he plays though with all the others ahead of him though. 

Davyon McKinney 6'3 190 (CB)  Moved to CB in the fall.  Great hips.  Fast.  Have to see how he hits.  I like his size obviously but might surprise and get in the 2 deep next year.

Austin Beck 6'7 320 (OL)  Think he's a project but is huge and he might even play DT. 

Marcus Danenhauer 6'5 320 (OL)  Great bloodlines.  Relatives played in the league.  I expect him to play and start in the future.

Grady Ollison 6'5 290 (OT)  Moved from DT to OL in fall.  I think could be ALL-SEC with his footwork and athleticism.  Needs to get stronger.

Quinta Funderburk 6'5 190 (WR)  Needs to put on some muscle and get stronger.  Could literally be a beast.  Fast kid.  Good hands.  NFL type receiver.

Brandon Allen 6'2 200 (QB)  Petrino said he's the best freshman QB he's ever had.  I look for him to start after Wilson.  Can make all the throws, has 4.7 speed and knows the playbook.  Could be All-SEC.

Rohan Gaines 5'11 190 (S)  Gaines could be anywhere from safety, CB or jack LB.  Likes to hit.  Fast.  Another Georgia kid that was off the radar due to playing QB in HS.  Could be a good one.

Horace Arkadie 6'4 275 (DT)  This kid will be All-SEC I think.  He was another off the radar kid in Texas that blossomed late and put on 50 LB's last summer.  Was making a difference in the fall and could have played this year but due to depth didn't need him.  He's going to be a stud.

Tyler Gilbert 6'3 240 (DE)  Many thought he would be a LB but probably projects as a DE.  Super athlete but struggled some at LB due to reads I think.  I would love his athleticism at LB though.  He will be a great pass rusher off the edge.  Physical kid.

Brock Haman 6'3 240 (LB)  Here is your future starting OLB.  He would have played some this year I think but got an ankle.  Really high on this kid.  Think Rassner but bigger.

Darrel Kelly-Thomas 6'3 230 (DE/LB)  Hope the light comes on for him at LB.  Great athlete, needs to get stronger.

Andrew Peterson 6'7 270 (OT/TE)  Kid came in as a TE but he will play OT.  Think he will be great too.  Kind of like Jason Peters.  Really high on this kid at OT.  Could play at next level.

I believe that's everyone that didn't play this year.  These are great athletes and kids who are versatile.  Petrino loves this group and thinks they will be his best group yet.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Online aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2011, 09:32:58 AM »
Some of these guys have already played...but I think it merits discussion. You wanted some names...

Offense:

OG: Brey Cook (think he played some but he'll likely be counted on to step up and start next season, plug him in for Grant Cook)
OT: Mitch Smothers (plug him in for Freeman)
OT: Chris Stringer (may compete for a spot...I believe this is the kid we got late over Wisconsin)
TE: Andrew Peterson (some thought he may be a project at tackle...we may know more in the spring at any rate I look for him to be a bulldozer that we need in our running game...currently listed at 262 and I'm thinking he came in around 300 so I'm thinking he's a TE)
RB: Kody Walker (showed a lot of promise in early action before going down with an ankle or something)
WR: Quinta Funderburke (should progress into the rotation)
WR: Keante Minor (played some this season, will also be counted on much more next season)
WR: Kane Whitehurst (showed a lot of promise in the fall camp, will help on special teams (think Seth Armbrust/Tom Crowder))
WR: Davyon McKinney (may be moved to DB...many are hoping so.)

DEFENSE
LB: Robert Atiga (will help...his samoan heritage demands it)
LB: Tyler Gilbert (they liked this kid but stashed him away this season)
LB: Brock Haman (rated pretty highly, his hs highlights reminded me of Peyton Hillis)
LB: Brett Weir (dude from up north...project that may be another year away from helping)
DE: Horace Arkadie (
DE: Grady Ollison (with Gosha's departure I think they move him back over to DE)
DT: DeMarcus Hodge (haven't heard much about this kid)
DB: Kelvin Fisher Jr. (will help next season...will have to help)
DB: Rohain Gaines (not sure if he's played or not...I know they liked him)
DE/LB: Darrell Kelly Thomas (more of a project but who knows...we're due for a project guy to end up having an impact)

TIME TO STEP UP

LB: Jarett Lake
LB: Terrell Williams (this kid has disappeared but has been doing pretty good on special teams)
S: Alan Turner
S: Jerry Mitchell
LB: Braylon Mitchell (saw some action earlier in the year but I haven't noticed #10 on the field of late)
DT: Jere Jackson
DB: Daunte Carr
DB: Darrell Smith
DT: Lavunce Askew (not a newbie but a senior that redshirted this season...maybe he explodes for a huge senior season)

« Last Edit: November 27, 2011, 09:49:27 AM by aNiMaL »
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2011, 10:43:52 AM »
I thought Peterson left the team?
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Online The Red Death

• Boar
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2011, 10:49:06 AM »
I thought Peterson left the team?

Gosha left.  We lost Denton Simek.  He was a TE/OL. 

Peterson is still on the team. 
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2011, 02:43:28 PM »

LB: Robert Atiga (will help...his samoan heritage demands it)

I got high hopes for this kid....

Offline griffinhogsfan

• Go Hogs!
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2011, 03:46:34 PM »
With all the DE and LB that are very skillful, would like to see us maybe change to a 3-4 defense, like bama plays. Use the big DT to plug up the middle and then have more LB to tackle and pressure the QB

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2011, 03:49:56 PM »
With all the DE and LB that are very skillful, would like to see us maybe change to a 3-4 defense, like bama plays. Use the big DT to plug up the middle and then have more LB to tackle and pressure the QB
Need much bigger DE and LB's.  I could Pennell (if he comes) plugging the middle and move DD and Byran to the outside.  Flowers, Tank and Chris Davis as OLB's.  Highsmith and Atiga at inside LB's

Offline hit_that_line

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2011, 03:58:59 PM »
Atiga has been moved to DE.
"You're hurt son? aMm just because my dick hurts doesn't mean I quit fricking."

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 07:11:24 PM »
I can't find it anywhere, but I'm pretty sure I saw that Kelvin Fisher played in the Miss. State game.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 07:18:04 PM »
Here is the list:

Brandon Allen 6'2 200 (QB)  Petrino said he's the best freshman QB he's ever had.  I look for him to start after Wilson.  Can make all the throws, has 4.7 speed and knows the playbook.  Could be All-SEC.

Not that this is highly important, but is Brandon Allen a legit 6'2''?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 07:37:30 PM »
I can't find it anywhere, but I'm pretty sure I saw that Kelvin Fisher played in the Miss. State game.
Hard to play in warm ups.  That what he was in when I saw him.

Online The Red Death

• Boar
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 07:46:23 PM »

He reminds me of Stoerner's size.  He was always listed at 6'2 but was probably more like 6'0.  Actually Allen might be a hair taller than Clint. 

He's also about the exact same size as Jacoby Walker. 

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 10:22:17 PM »

no he is not.  I would guess he is closer to 6'0"
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline GeoHogsGeo

• Woopig Poll
  • Boar
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 11:21:28 PM »
no he is not.  I would guess he is closer to 6'0"

He's actually 6'0", with the afro 6'9", pretty good passer.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 08:07:26 AM »
I watched his little brother in the high school playoffs. That kids is a bad mother fricker!
AYFSM?

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2011, 08:42:52 AM »
Hard to play in warm ups.  That what he was in when I saw him.
Really? I could have sworn I saw him play. I even talked about it to someone at the time. Maybe I was thinking of someone else, but I'm not sure who it would have been.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2011, 09:57:51 AM »
Atiga has been moved to DE.

Are you sure about that?  I know they moved that other freshman LB (Gilbert I think) to DE back in the fall.  Never heard about Atiga being moved.

Online Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2011, 10:24:38 AM »
Are you sure about that?  I know they moved that other freshman LB (Gilbert I think) to DE back in the fall.  Never heard about Atiga being moved.

He's confused...as usual.  Gilbert was moved, Atiga is still at LB.

Offline Hogye West

• Tits
  • Tush Hog
  • He's Kent Dorfman! He's a legacy from Harrisburg
« Reply #24 on: November 29, 2011, 10:48:44 AM »

I have a class with him. I'm between 6' and 6'1 depending on which convienent store I'm leaving and he's got about 2 inches on me at least. So from what I've seen it's legit
Who the frick are you and why are you worthy of my praise?

Blow it out your ass Howard.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.353 seconds with 20 queries.