Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011-12 Coaching Carousel  (Read 48344 times)

Offline Anthrax

• A Shoat
Re: 2011-12 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 12:34:58 PM »
Rome tore Urbie a new one to start the show.

:notexas:

And rightfully so. Meyer saw the writing on the wall at Florida with the loss of his beloved Tebow and multiple other key athletes either graduating or moving onto the NFL. So he comes up with "my heartz hurtz", and is out of there basically overnight. (After he tried to pull the great escape earlier citing family issues, spending time with his daughters, then health, then the desire to coach....ect.)

So he signed for a new gig at ESPN for a couple of years until a cherry spot comes open like OSU and all of a sudden he is re-born and ready to walk the sidelines?!?!?

Bullshit to me... :notexas:

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 12:37:00 PM »
SPORTSbyBROOKS
Breaking: Rick Neuheisel has been fired

Guess the UCLA folks weren't too impressed with backing their way into the Pac-12 Championship Game.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 12:39:58 PM »
Joe Schad
Dennis Erickson formally fired by ASU; will coach bowl game

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »
Dennis Erickson formally fired by ASU; will coach bowl game

Pete Boone and HDN think this is a great idea.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2011, 01:52:46 PM »

Guess the UCLA folks weren't too impressed with backing their way into the Pac-12 Championship Game.

At least he can flash a ring at his next press conference.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #30 on: November 28, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »
Football Rumor Mill
Rumors flying Mike Stoops could be headed to Ohio State as DC
Football Rumor Mill
Rumors flying that Urban Meyer targeting Clemson OC Chad Morris as OC at Ohio State

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: November 28, 2011, 03:21:03 PM »
mark_may Mark May
I hear Houston Nutt at Memphis
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2011, 03:27:52 PM »
mark_may Mark May
I hear Houston Nutt at Memphis
12 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Mark and Luke must be text buddies.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2011, 03:45:28 PM »
Football Rumor Mill
Rumors flying Mike Stoops could be headed to Ohio State as DC
Football Rumor Mill
Rumors flying that Urban Meyer targeting Clemson OC Chad Morris as OC at Ohio State

I remember watching a Clemson game this year that C.U.M. was 'color commentator' on, and he kept going on and on about how he much loved Clemson's O.C.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #34 on: November 28, 2011, 05:53:14 PM »
:notexas:

And rightfully so. Meyer saw the writing on the wall at Florida with the loss of his beloved Tebow and multiple other key athletes either graduating or moving onto the NFL or jail. So he comes up with "my heartz hurtz", and is out of there basically overnight. (After he tried to pull the great escape earlier citing family issues, spending time with his daughters, then health, then the desire to coach....ect.)

So he signed for a new gig at ESPN for a couple of years until a cherry spot comes open like OSU and all of a sudden he is re-born and ready to walk the sidelines?!?!?

Bullshit to me... :notexas:

Fixt
AYFSM?

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #35 on: November 28, 2011, 07:13:48 PM »
In his presser, CUM is standing up there saying he didn't like what was going on in college football, was in "center field" having to deal with NCAA allegations, etc. & just needed to get away. 

So, his answer is to go to a program that has just been slapped with the failure to monitor, facing sanctions, and could have scholarship reductions & a bowl ban. 

I wish someone would stand up & ask him what has changed at teh OSU. 

Yeah, that makes a lot of sense, Urban.  I'm not buying that wonder tonic. 
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #36 on: November 28, 2011, 10:21:43 PM »
Penn St message boarders think they've got Dan Mullen.  They're also pretty excited about potentially landing the coach who can't beat a non Old Miss team.

SEC>B1G
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online flash23

• A Shoat
« Reply #37 on: November 28, 2011, 11:37:28 PM »
I live up in Ohio, and all the guys I work with were talking aMm all day about Ohio State being back. They think he's going to change the entire conference and take recruits away from all the SEC schools. I'm sure he'll do good, but I just can't see kids leaving the SEC to come play in this shithole of a state with the lunatics that live here. I've never met people who are more delusional, narcissistic and arrogant about their state and school than I have with these folks. It's unbelievable.

Offline jack_beene

• Razorback Martha Stewart
  • Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2011, 12:12:40 AM »
I live up in Ohio, and all the guys I work with were talking aMm all day about Ohio State being back. They think he's going to change the entire conference and take recruits away from all the SEC schools. I'm sure he'll do good, but I just can't see kids leaving the SEC to come play in this shithole of a state with the lunatics that live here. I've never met people who are more delusional, narcissistic and arrogant about their state and school than I have with these folks. It's unbelievable.

Texas would like a word with you.

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • https://www.hogblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1964-Razorback-Logo.png
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2011, 02:12:24 AM »
I've been reading an OSU site now and then since the sugar bowl.  To me, there is an inferiority complex, and then overcompensation to cover it up.
They hate the S$ECheat, but can't stop creating threads about it.  I mentioned that you don't find many Big10 threads on SEC boards, unless there is current news, because we don't give a aMm on a daily basis.

They think that besides cheating and oversigning, and being in the middle of an area where black people are born alot (they're good athletes), they think the reason the SEC is so dominant is because we will pay to get the best coaches.  Now that they have a former SEC coach, they will beat us with intellect, I guess.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2011, 02:15:18 AM by Satch »

Offline Pig

• Wild Hog
  • BLT's are so darn tasty!
« Reply #40 on: November 29, 2011, 07:33:25 AM »
UAB is a better job than you think, writes Scarbinsky today.
Well, no, it's not, but Paul Petrino is listed on their wish list.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #41 on: November 29, 2011, 08:20:01 AM »

And LSU.
AYFSM?

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #42 on: November 29, 2011, 08:37:42 AM »
Nope, this guy has it. 

Texas fans think they bring a certain class to the table but you can shut them up pretty easy by just bringing up their long history of underachievement.
LSU and Sooner fans are just front running trash and bammers are the same except some have actually been on campus for a game.

Listen to a national call in show focusing on college football for a week and make note of the callers.  OSU people are as racist as Alabama fans but can't admit it and they are as drunk/obnoxious as LSU fans but can't admit to it.  A citizen of Ohio can stand there, with a rotting smell coming out of their toothless mouth, and STILL make fun of Southerners for being hicks and hillbillies.  That is a level of delusion no Texican can muster. 

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #43 on: November 29, 2011, 08:54:39 AM »
I've been reading an OSU site now and then since the sugar bowl.  To me, there is an inferiority complex, and then overcompensation to cover it up.
They hate the S$ECheat, but can't stop creating threads about it.  I mentioned that you don't find many Big10 threads on SEC boards, unless there is current news, because we don't give a aMm on a daily basis.

They think that besides cheating and oversigning, and being in the middle of an area where black people are born alot (they're good athletes), they think the reason the SEC is so dominant is because we will pay to get the best coaches.  Now that they have a former SEC coach, they will beat us with intellect, I guess.

OSU fans are the only people who rival Bammers for outright lunacy.  Challenge an OSU fan to a playful debate about college football and he will go normal-to-Busey in 2.43 seconds.  Ohio, as Cerdo has tried to tell you, is a bizarre combination of racist, football-obsessed imbeciles who look down on the South for being racist and obsessed with football.  Imagine all of the Ole Miss fans who think of OTHER southerners as incestuous, and magnify that stroke-inducing irony by a power of 1,000.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #44 on: November 29, 2011, 01:00:07 PM »
You only have to be the best team today.

Online flash23

• A Shoat
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2011, 03:34:16 PM »
Grew up in Texarkana, so I had plenty of Longhorn friends. They don't even compare, which is saying a lot. Just go to one of OSU's message boards, like someone said on here. They hate the SEC because we cheat and "play the system", but they completely ignore the fact that their beloved Tressel (who is still treated like a god) lied to the NCAA and the university so his kids could play in the Sugar Bowl. They blame the NCAA for them getting in trouble, essentially. It's not Pryor's fault, and it certainly isn't Tressel's fault. Then there's Woody Hayes, who makes Petrino's outbursts look like an "aw shucks" Houston Nutt moment. They're blind to any faults that they have.

And if you ever drive here, buckle up and remember that everyone else has the right way, and you do not. The speed limits are also about half of what it should be. The sad part about all this is that I'm not even exaggerating.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2011, 07:50:15 PM »
http://www.wapt.com/sports/29883166/detail.html

Sources: Mullen Close To Signing Deal At Penn State

JACKSON, Miss. -- Sources close to aMm University's program have said that football coach Dan Mullen is close to signing a deal to replace Joe Paterno at Penn State.

WAPT Sports learned on Tuesday that Mullen was the No. 1 candidate for their vacant head coaching position.

Mullen, 39, is a Pennsylvania native and was born in Drexel Hill. He played tight end and graduated from Ursinus College in his home state in 1994.

Mullen is in his third season at the helm in Starkville, leading the Bulldogs to back-to-back bowl games.

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #47 on: November 29, 2011, 07:55:55 PM »
http://www.wapt.com/sports/29883166/detail.html

Sources: Mullen Close To Signing Deal At Penn State

JACKSON, Miss. -- Sources close to aMm University's program have said that football coach Dan Mullen is close to signing a deal to replace Joe Paterno at Penn State.

WAPT Sports learned on Tuesday that Mullen was the No. 1 candidate for their vacant head coaching position.

Mullen, 39, is a Pennsylvania native and was born in Drexel Hill. He played tight end and graduated from Ursinus College in his home state in 1994.

Mullen is in his third season at the helm in Starkville, leading the Bulldogs to back-to-back bowl games.

Seriously? I mean....SERIOUSLY?!?!

I like Mullen and all but Penn State? I guess they figure with all the controversy he's about all they can attract....

It's just hard to fathom that the almighty Penn State is courting a coach who's only credentials are "back to back bowl games".

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #48 on: November 29, 2011, 08:08:00 PM »
Seriously? I mean....SERIOUSLY?!?!

I like Mullen and all but Penn State? I guess they figure with all the controversy he's about all they can attract....

It's just hard to fathom that the almighty Penn State is courting a coach who's only credentials are "back to back bowl games".

They were only paying Paterno like a million a year, for them to go out and get a huge name it was going to take 3.5 to 4 million and they probably don't want to spend that much.  I bet they can get Mullen for a little less than 2.
Homies help homes.......always

Online DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #49 on: November 29, 2011, 08:11:55 PM »
They were only paying Paterno like a million a year, for them to go out and get a huge name it was going to take 3.5 to 4 million and they probably don't want to spend that much.  I bet they can get Mullen for a little less than 2.

I really thought Nutt would end up there.  They can't have a lot of expectations in the coming years and Nutt could easily deliver that.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.345 seconds with 21 queries.