Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011-12 Coaching Carousel  (Read 48438 times)

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
Re: 2011-12 Coaching Carousel
« Reply #50 on: November 29, 2011, 08:17:41 PM »
They were only paying Paterno like a million a year, for them to go out and get a huge name it was going to take 3.5 to 4 million and they probably don't want to spend that much.  I bet they can get Mullen for a little less than 2.

That's a good point....I forgot that my house is bigger than Paterno's.

Hard to get a big name coach for minimum wage.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: November 29, 2011, 08:20:20 PM »
They were only paying Paterno like a million a year, for them to go out and get a huge name it was going to take 3.5 to 4 million and they probably don't want to spend that much.  I bet they can get Mullen for a little less than 2.
Mullen loves the helmet...

Offline shithead

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #52 on: November 29, 2011, 08:25:14 PM »
I really thought Mr. Golden Parachute would end up there.  They can't have a lot of expectations in the coming years and Mr. Golden Parachute could easily deliver that.

In other news, Sexton is burning up the phone lines to "The School Down South" to keep the Chase for 100 alive !!

Can you imagine if Captain Dipshit made the jump from Oxford to Starkvegas ?? Ho-lee aMm.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #53 on: November 29, 2011, 08:47:11 PM »
Actually, is there any way Texas A&M could be convinced to hire Nutt - you know, to help them ease their transition in to the SEC with a coach who has been in the league Fourteen Years, Fourteen Years?

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2011, 08:58:38 PM »
I really thought Nutt would end up there.  They can't have a lot of expectations in the coming years and Nutt could easily deliver that.

That would have been a safe, smart hire for Penn St.  The only down side was Donna Bragg.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 08:23:39 AM »
Informed sources tell Football Rumor Mill that North Carolina will interview several coaches this week. UNC seems to have a strong interest in Vandy head coach James Franklin. Also, expect Southern Miss coach Larry Fedora to become a major player once the C-USA Championship game is played Saturday.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 08:24:15 AM »

They should probably keep a lot in the coffers for the inevitable payouts to settlements with victims.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 01:47:10 PM »
Mike Leach to Washington State appears to be the hot rumor on twatters

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 01:58:57 PM »
Mike Leach to Washington State appears to be the hot rumor on twatters

Perfect conference for Leach.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
Aggies in my office consoling themselves over rumors that Kirby Smart has turned them down to take OM job. 

None seem able to rationalize that A&M job isn't open.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: November 30, 2011, 02:12:40 PM »
Aggies in my office consoling themselves over rumors that Kirby Smart has turned them down to take OM job. 

Sherman's there at least another year.  That was a shitty hire when they made it.  Being down here, I was baffled when they did.  That program has way more resources than they know and sitting right outside of Houston, recruiting should be a cherry-pick for them, but its not.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 02:16:26 PM »

No kidding.  They keep going on about who they want, but they don't seem able to grasp the fact that they're stuck with Sherman until he goes 0-8 in the SEC. So next year...
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline TUSK_U

• Wild Hog
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 02:22:11 PM »
[/quote]

I thought joe pa only made a dollar and donated the rest back to the university. Was this someone else?

I don't know how in the Starkville the quote got fricked up, but I'll find a screen door to compensate.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 02:26:25 PM by TUSK_U »

Offline BigDMac

• Wild Hog
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 02:41:52 PM »
Looks like Mike Leach to Washington St is a done deal.
All it takes is all you've got.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #64 on: November 30, 2011, 02:44:00 PM »
Sherman's there at least another year.  That was a shitty hire when they made it.  Being down here, I was baffled when they did.  That program has way more resources than they know and sitting right outside of Houston, recruiting should be a cherry-pick for them, but its not.

These knuckleheads are convinced that AD Byrne is about to be shitcanned and Sherman along with him...like by the end of the week.

Allegedly, Byrne was opposed to the move to the SEC and his absence when Slive visited was Byrne's feeble attempt at a protest of the move.  If Byrne was opposed to the move, he should have been fired just for that.  If he really pulled this stunt with Slive, that's more than grounds for termination, too.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #65 on: November 30, 2011, 03:53:06 PM »
These knuckleheads are convinced that AD Byrne is about to be shitcanned and Sherman along with him...like by the end of the week.

Allegedly, Byrne was opposed to the move to the SEC and his absence when Slive visited was Byrne's feeble attempt at a protest of the move.  If Byrne was opposed to the move, he should have been fired just for that.  If he really pulled this stunt with Slive, that's more than grounds for termination, too.

I would agree on that point.  Hadn't heard any of that, but then, I don't pay much attention, either.

Byrne is one egotistical person, that's for sure.  He has or will stick around longer than he should because he definitely knows and is buddies with a lot of the big money down here to fuel the "arms race" with Texas (see:  scoreboard, basketball facility, practice facility).  A bit like Broyles sans the catfish.  He's not going away fast without a poltical struggle.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #66 on: November 30, 2011, 04:05:13 PM »
I would agree on that point.  Hadn't heard any of that, but then, I don't pay much attention, either.

Byrne is one egotistical person, that's for sure.  He has or will stick around longer than he should because he definitely knows and is buddies with a lot of the big money down here to fuel the "arms race" with Texas (see:  scoreboard, basketball facility, practice facility).  A bit like Broyles sans the catfish.  He's not going away fast without a poltical struggle.

Without Texas to hate/play ever year the old timers won't know what to do with themselves.  No wonder Byrne tried to kneecap the SEC move.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #67 on: December 01, 2011, 01:06:53 PM »

Heard from an Aggie friend of mine that aTm is to have a press conference about Sherman either today or tomorrow. The rumors have hit a level here in Texass that a press conference is needed to either dispel the rumors, or announce Sherman's retirement/firing.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #68 on: December 01, 2011, 03:02:53 PM »
RHancock19 Ryne E. Hancock
Huh? "@JakeLebahn: According to a source Texas Longhorn head coach Mack Brown will retire this Saturday after the game against Baylor."

Saban to TEXAS!!

kbohls kbohls
A&M football coach Mike Sherman, at his own request, met today w/ regent James Wilson to clarify his situation. He's still coach as of now.

Offline UAClassof81

• Boar
  • Squeeze my lemon.....
« Reply #69 on: December 01, 2011, 03:19:07 PM »

I thought joe pa only made a dollar and donated the rest back to the university. Was this someone else?

Seems like I heard that about Woody Hayes years ago.......

Offline Gin

• Likes Transformers
  • A Shoat
  • democrat........
« Reply #70 on: December 01, 2011, 04:05:02 PM »
Actually, is there any way Texas A&M could be convinced to hire Mr. Golden Parachute - you know, to help them ease their transition in to the SEC with a coach who has been in the league Fourteen Years, Fourteen Years?
He has a better chance succeeding as a bra model.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #71 on: December 01, 2011, 04:08:06 PM »

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: December 01, 2011, 05:58:13 PM »
@kbohls: Texas A&M has decided to fire football Mike Sherman but has not yet notified him, a prominent Aggie source just told me

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #73 on: December 01, 2011, 06:07:43 PM »
@kbohls: Texas A&M has decided to fire football Mike Sherman but has not yet notified him, a prominent Aggie source just told me

Well he knows know.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Embraces the Horror
  • King of the Hogs
  • Whiskery Poo
« Reply #74 on: December 01, 2011, 06:13:07 PM »

i love aggie jokes.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.287 seconds with 20 queries.