Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Staff changes?  (Read 19006 times)

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
Re: Staff changes?
« Reply #125 on: December 06, 2011, 12:49:18 PM »
You must have never been to a practice....HOLEEE aMm he cusses worser than Bobby
Caleb Miller is not amused.   :earplug:

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #126 on: December 06, 2011, 12:54:35 PM »

You are a wise man. All they were doing was reading something a listener emailed in. I'm just impressed their listeners can type something legible enough for them to understand.

you are saying that they read anything that is put in front of them?  stay classy san diego, & go frick yourself.

You only have to be the best team today.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #127 on: December 06, 2011, 12:59:36 PM »
I'm not believing anything until Tsipper says it's so.
I'm not saying it's a done deal, but where there is fajita smoke...
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Wild Hog
« Reply #128 on: December 06, 2011, 01:52:45 PM »
If we do lose Horton to a HC gig, I would be happy with us hiring Larry Porter. Putting his 2 year Memphis debacle aside, he was a helluva recruiter and RB's coach at LSU, and would help with the staff  O0 factor.
You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #129 on: December 06, 2011, 01:56:33 PM »
If we do lose Horton to a HC gig, I would be happy with us hiring Larry Porter. Putting his 2 year Memphis debacle aside, he was a helluva recruiter and RB's coach at LSU, and would help with the staff  O0 factor.
What are you trying to say? He helps us with the Screech factor? With the Corey Hart factor? 
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #130 on: December 06, 2011, 01:58:56 PM »
What are you trying to say? He helps us with the Screech factor? With the Corey Hart factor?

Les Miles' wife factor?
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: December 06, 2011, 02:02:53 PM »

The Joel Goodsen factor.

Offline rzrbkfan69

• Wild Hog
« Reply #132 on: December 06, 2011, 02:05:15 PM »

Yes and Yes.
You hear that? My friends are laughing at me!!! They are laughing at me! - Clark

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #133 on: December 06, 2011, 02:06:01 PM »
I think he's saying our staff does not have, collectively, very big penises.

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #134 on: December 06, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #135 on: December 06, 2011, 02:22:30 PM »
 :thumbup:
So outside of the punter, the place kicker, and the three different guys who ran kicks back for five ST scores, right?

Is that sort of like you being a great poster except for all your shitty posts?

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #136 on: December 06, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #137 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:36 PM »
the Big Nickle saying we are stashless now...

http://www.5newsonline.com/news/kfsm-sources-robinson-fired-as-defense-coordinator-at-arkansas-20111206,0,4871144.story

I was kind of on the fence about Willy, but with all of the high expectations on defense, and it not materializing this needed to happen.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #138 on: December 06, 2011, 02:38:45 PM »

Offline VegasHog

• Tush Hog
« Reply #139 on: December 06, 2011, 02:42:29 PM »
It's a Festivus miracle!

Odds we get Mike Stoops:  1/1,475,938,390

Not enough profanity in world for both him and BMFP on the same sideline.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #140 on: December 06, 2011, 02:45:41 PM »
Speculation that perhaps Joe Whitt Jr could join the staff from the Packers.  Was on Petrino's staff at Louisville and the Falcons.  Recruiting coordinator for UL. 

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #141 on: December 06, 2011, 02:51:08 PM »
103.7 "I called that firing!"

If true.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #142 on: December 06, 2011, 02:53:30 PM »
Speculation that perhaps Joe Whitt Jr could join the staff from the Packers.  Was on Petrino's staff at Louisville and the Falcons.  Recruiting coordinator for UL.

Here's his bio.  Would add more pepper to the salty coaching staff.  He's only 33 so I doubt he would be hired to replace Willy as the DC, more likely that he replaces JohnL I would think.

http://www.packers.com/team/coaches/joe-whitt-jr/4998944b-31d0-4e8c-9444-e442247665ff

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #143 on: December 06, 2011, 02:53:50 PM »

Entering his fifth season in the NFL, Joe Whitt Jr. begins his fourth with the Green Bay Packers and third in his position of secondary – cornerbacks coach.

Originally named defensive quality control coach on March 7, 2008, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy, the 33-year-old Whitt was promoted to cornerbacks coach on Feb. 3, 2009.

He came to Green Bay after one year with the Atlanta Falcons as assistant defensive backs coach. Whitt coached the previous five years in the college ranks, beginning with the 2002 season as wide receivers coach at The Citadel, followed by a four-year stint as cornerbacks coach and recruiting coordinator at Louisville.

In 2010, Whitt’s work with up-and-coming CB Tramon Williams culminated in the former non-drafted free agent’s first Pro Bowl bid. Williams posted team bests and career highs in both interceptions (six) and passes defensed (23), and added three more interceptions in the playoffs, which tied the franchise single-postseason record. Whitt also was instrumental in the rapid development of rookie Sam Shields, another undrafted prospect who became the team’s nickel back by the season opener – despite playing the corner position only one season in college – and helped the Packers advance to the Super Bowl with two interceptions in the NFC title game at Chicago.

Veteran Charles Woodson also posted career highs in tackles (105) and forced fumbles (five) and earned a Pro Bowl bid and second-team All-Pro honors this past season, when the Packers led the league in opponent passer rating (67.2) and finished second in interceptions (24). Since Whitt was promoted to cornerbacks coach in ’09, Green Bay ranks No. 1 in the NFL in interceptions (54) and opponent passer rating (68.0) and No. 2 in opponent completion percentage (55.3).

In 2009, Whitt was part of a staff that guided the Packers defense to a No. 2 overall ranking in the league, the highest ranking since the ’96 team finished as the No. 1 defense. Green Bay led the league with 40 takeaways and 30 interceptions, the first time the Packers led the league in interceptions since 1965 (tied with Washington that season with 27).

Also in ’09, Woodson posted a career-high nine interceptions as part of perhaps his finest all-around season on his way to earning NFL Defensive Player of the Year Honors from The Associated Press as well as All-Pro honors from virtually every publication. Then 33, Woodson became the oldest defensive back to win the player of the year award and just the fifth cornerback to do so since the award’s inception in 1971.

Meanwhile, Williams, who took over as the starting RCB after veteran Al Harris suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 11, posted a (then) career-high and team-leading 22 passes defensed along with four interceptions under Whitt’s tutelage.

In Whitt’s first season with the Packers, his duties included breaking down opponent game film and analyzing their offensive tendencies while also assisting with the defensive backs and special teams.

In 2007 with Atlanta, Whitt worked alongside veteran coach and former Packers defensive coordinator Emmitt Thomas in tutoring the Falcons’ defensive backs.

During his time in Louisville, Whitt’s recruiting efforts helped bring the program into national prominence as the Cardinals went 41-9 over that four-year stretch. After joining the staff in 2003, Whitt worked diligently to improve the Cardinals’ recruiting efforts, and the program landed its first top-25 recruiting class in 2005.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #144 on: December 06, 2011, 02:55:23 PM »
Wonder how this impacts our chances with Austin Flynn....
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #145 on: December 06, 2011, 02:57:28 PM »

Entering his fifth season in the NFL, Joe Whitt Jr. begins his fourth with the Green Bay Packers and third in his position of secondary – cornerbacks coach.

Originally named defensive quality control coach on March 7, 2008, by Head Coach Mike McCarthy, the 33-year-old Whitt was promoted to cornerbacks coach on Feb. 3, 2009.

He came to Green Bay after one year with the Atlanta Falcons as assistant defensive backs coach. Whitt coached the previous five years in the college ranks, beginning with the 2002 season as wide receivers coach at The Citadel, followed by a four-year stint as cornerbacks coach and recruiting coordinator at Louisville.

In 2010, Whitt’s work with up-and-coming CB Tramon Williams culminated in the former non-drafted free agent’s first Pro Bowl bid. Williams posted team bests and career highs in both interceptions (six) and passes defensed (23), and added three more interceptions in the playoffs, which tied the franchise single-postseason record. Whitt also was instrumental in the rapid development of rookie Sam Shields, another undrafted prospect who became the team’s nickel back by the season opener – despite playing the corner position only one season in college – and helped the Packers advance to the Super Bowl with two interceptions in the NFC title game at Chicago.

Veteran Charles Woodson also posted career highs in tackles (105) and forced fumbles (five) and earned a Pro Bowl bid and second-team All-Pro honors this past season, when the Packers led the league in opponent passer rating (67.2) and finished second in interceptions (24). Since Whitt was promoted to cornerbacks coach in ’09, Green Bay ranks No. 1 in the NFL in interceptions (54) and opponent passer rating (68.0) and No. 2 in opponent completion percentage (55.3).

In 2009, Whitt was part of a staff that guided the Packers defense to a No. 2 overall ranking in the league, the highest ranking since the ’96 team finished as the No. 1 defense. Green Bay led the league with 40 takeaways and 30 interceptions, the first time the Packers led the league in interceptions since 1965 (tied with Washington that season with 27).

Also in ’09, Woodson posted a career-high nine interceptions as part of perhaps his finest all-around season on his way to earning NFL Defensive Player of the Year Honors from The Associated Press as well as All-Pro honors from virtually every publication. Then 33, Woodson became the oldest defensive back to win the player of the year award and just the fifth cornerback to do so since the award’s inception in 1971.

Meanwhile, Williams, who took over as the starting RCB after veteran Al Harris suffered a season-ending knee injury in Week 11, posted a (then) career-high and team-leading 22 passes defensed along with four interceptions under Whitt’s tutelage.

In Whitt’s first season with the Packers, his duties included breaking down opponent game film and analyzing their offensive tendencies while also assisting with the defensive backs and special teams.

In 2007 with Atlanta, Whitt worked alongside veteran coach and former Packers defensive coordinator Emmitt Thomas in tutoring the Falcons’ defensive backs.

During his time in Louisville, Whitt’s recruiting efforts helped bring the program into national prominence as the Cardinals went 41-9 over that four-year stretch. After joining the staff in 2003, Whitt worked diligently to improve the Cardinals’ recruiting efforts, and the program landed its first top-25 recruiting class in 2005.

Holy aMm  - 33 and wearing a backwards visor!?! Get that man a plane ticket, a towel to twirl, and a aMm pile of money ASAP.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline bigfathog

• A Shoat
« Reply #146 on: December 06, 2011, 02:58:18 PM »
Randy Shannon is on Campus according to some.  Shannon, Whit, Nix...Stoops.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #147 on: December 06, 2011, 03:00:49 PM »

Yes please. Get that Liberty City pipeline going.

Offline RazorccSAE

• Tush Hog
« Reply #148 on: December 06, 2011, 03:01:39 PM »

Who are "some"? 

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #149 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:12 PM »
FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - The following statement is from University of Arkansas football head coach Bobby Petrino on defensive coordinator/secondary coach Willy Robinson's resignation:

"I want to thank Willy Robinson for his role in helping our defense, which he leaves in better shape than when he arrived. I have the utmost respect for Willy Robinson as an individual who wants the best for the young men he coaches. I give Willy credit for his part in the building process the last four years and wish him future success."

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.32 seconds with 20 queries.