Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Staff changes?  (Read 18143 times)

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
Re: Staff changes?
« Reply #50 on: November 30, 2011, 11:55:53 AM »
Ok, you're right sir, I've seen the lights.  I'm just gonna go lick the cat's butt now.

Man youR obtuse.

Maybe we can cage your stupidity so it doesnt' spread to the other threads.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #51 on: November 30, 2011, 11:59:08 AM »
Man youR obtuse.

Maybe we can cage your stupidity so it doesnt' spread to the other threads.

Just let him go, he's on a roll.

Offline ManBearHog

• A Shoat
« Reply #52 on: November 30, 2011, 12:01:13 PM »
Just let him go, he's on a roll.

Nah man, I'm done arguing.  I read that Cracked article and my life got changed.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #53 on: November 30, 2011, 12:02:58 PM »

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: November 30, 2011, 12:10:15 PM »
Nah man, I'm done arguing.  I read that Cracked article and my life got changed.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #55 on: November 30, 2011, 12:33:16 PM »

Offline unknown

• A Shoat
  • w88pig.net
« Reply #56 on: November 30, 2011, 12:42:15 PM »
If you ever go to a practice you'll notice that yes, the kickers do whatever the Starkville they feel like doing the entire time. 

What is John L. Smith gonna tell Hocker or Breeding?  Kick it harder?  Kick it over there?

It's Smith's responsibility to call plays for the coverage teams and teach them to tackle and block the right people.  Not much he can do for the kickers.
I can tell you for a fact when ShitWorst was here he tried to coach kickers and was woefully unsuccessful.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #57 on: November 30, 2011, 12:46:02 PM »
Funny thing about bitching about Joe only returning kicks against MSU and UT is that almost EVERYONE else short kicked or shanked it out of bounds because they were scared of him.  Starkville Miss State kicked it short on kick offs (so did LSU) because they were scared of our return game.

frick off moron.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #58 on: November 30, 2011, 12:50:49 PM »
What about the kickoff return against Carolina in a tie ball game?

That was kind of important.

I'm with you that those two returns were daggers. But better teams make plays. Doesn't mean we didn't get the most out of our special teams this year. 

If you're only as good as your worst moment, then Alabama's special teams suck. They missed those kicks, right?  Fire their ST coach.

If you're only as good as your worst, you're taking this board down with a coat hanger one post at a time.
If bama loses again to lsu you better believe that ST coach might get fired. Ever since that game analysts out there point to that moment and say alabama has bad specials teams. Im not saying i think its right to judge it off one moment but i think when you are an elite program thats what happens. One error costs a championship possibly and poof you are gone and they are looking for the next guy. There is just zero tolerance for somethings at elite programs. I am tickled as aMm that smith is our special teams guy. Mainly because this is the best hogs have been on st since i can remember. Im always down for improving though. Those gaffes in our coverage hurt this year. Hopefully smith can right the ship. But if not then im ok woth going out and trying to find someone better. Its jusy like willy. I really want him to be able to make it work on defense but if he cant get it done im all for improving the Dcoord
Spot.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2011, 12:55:31 PM by subliznime »
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Online Trigger7672

• Boar
« Reply #59 on: November 30, 2011, 01:20:53 PM »
Does anyone really think losing John L would have a big impact on our special teams next season? I for one do not, and I won't be losing any sleep if he does take another job.  We have had big plays in the return game the last couple of years but repeatedly giving Dead Trees great starting field position because of shitty kickoff coverage might have cost us a trip to Atlanta last year. IMO the only elite assistant coach on our team right now is Garrick McGee. It is inevitable that he will eventually get a head coaching gig, but hopefully it is a couple of years down the road.

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline Doc Hogaday

• Loves that helmet, misses this logo...
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #61 on: November 30, 2011, 05:06:39 PM »
FAUOwlAccess.com is reporting that McGee is a in serious talks for the job with FAU after he reportedly interviewed for the position last week

So in an already short week, including a holiday and the passing of one of the team's players, and before we play a play-in game for the national championship, Petrino let's him do a job interview?  Doubt it.
Let's get rid of that dogbone-shaped logo of ours, bring back the old school 'A' with the Hog running through it, and start kicking people's asses again.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #62 on: November 30, 2011, 05:14:45 PM »
So in an already short week, including a holiday and the passing of one of the team's players, and before we play a play-in game for the national championship, Petrino let's him do a job interview?  Doubt it.

It might have been a phone interview one evening.  He'll probably have a face to face this week.

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: November 30, 2011, 05:34:11 PM »
Analysis like this makes the woopig subscription fee worth every nickel.

That's the gospel. 
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline Gin

• Likes Transformers
  • A Shoat
  • democrat........
« Reply #64 on: December 01, 2011, 04:24:56 PM »
I would really hate to lose John L. But if he did go I hear Shibest is looking for a job ;D
I hear Snookie is looking for valtrex moron.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #65 on: December 01, 2011, 04:48:23 PM »
If you ever go to a practice you'll notice that yes, the kickers do whatever the Starkville they feel like doing the entire time. 

What is John L. Smith gonna tell Hocker or Breeding?  Kick it harder?  Kick it over there?

You've just described Ken Turner, shaking his can of Diet Dr Pepper at any number of All-American and All-SWC kickers.

"Kick the dern ball, Lahay."
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline TUSK_U

• Wild Hog
« Reply #66 on: December 02, 2011, 09:03:17 AM »
With Sherman getting fired, I wonder if Bobby considers the aTm D coordinator. It's been said BMFP was impressed with the guy when he was at air force.

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: December 02, 2011, 09:14:42 AM »
With Sherman getting fired, I wonder if Bobby considers the aTm D coordinator. It's been said BMFP was impressed with the guy when he was at air force.

The shine might have worn off when we were throwing for 500+ on his defense earlier this year.

Online Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #68 on: December 02, 2011, 10:01:56 AM »

The shine might have worn off when we were throwing for 500+ on his defense earlier this year.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Offline TUSK_U

• Wild Hog
« Reply #69 on: December 02, 2011, 10:18:38 AM »

Yeah, and I guess that aMm really doesn't buff out either. Didn't think of that

Offline Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #70 on: December 02, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »
Yeah, and I guess that aMm really doesn't buff out either. Didn't think of that

A&M lost 4 games this year in which they had a double-digit lead in the second half (against us, Oklahoma State, Missouri, and Kansas State).  Now, that's not totally the fault of their defense, but it sure doesn't put their defense in a very good light, either. 

Online Turd F.

• Wrote the Big Beat Manifesto
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #71 on: December 02, 2011, 10:39:16 AM »
Didn't see it mentioned here, but McGee is interviewing at UAB. He deserves a shot, but I hope that this is just to get some practice interviewing. I'm not just saying this selfishly because he would a big loss for us, but for him (or any other coach, really) it would be a dead end. Alabama will never allow UAB to be more than it is. I think he can do better if he's patient.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• The founding father and unchallenged grandmaster of Gentile-Jitsu
  • King of the Hogs
  • it's mah balllz....bitches.
« Reply #72 on: December 03, 2011, 09:26:44 AM »
Anyone who actually believes that John L. /BMFP aren't coaching the special teams players isn't paying close attention.  Watch the Chuckles the Clown show featuring the devil language user, BMFP.  I have seen him on multiple occasions say things like " we have Zach kick the ball here(points to tiny small spot in corner inside 5yrd line.) so the coverage goes like this" and then he proceeds to explain what every single player is supposed to do, so much so that it appears we have about 15 guys on the coverage team.

I did some lip reading in one game where Hocker got a personal fould for a late hit on a return, and BMFP told him to " just kick the fricking ball and get the frick off the field".   If that ain't coaching i don't know what is.

Anyone who thinks our special teams aren't better now than last year is clearly just a hater from up north.

Are they perfect?  No.
  Not yet.                    <---stolen from Big Pale.
I'm the math teacher.  Listen up and learn, bitches.  i'm like an expert and aMm.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #73 on: December 03, 2011, 10:27:37 AM »
This tweetfuck is saying McGee is taking the UAB job:

https://twitter.com/coachingsearch
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: December 03, 2011, 10:39:10 AM »
This tweetfuck is saying McGee is taking the UAB job:

https://twitter.com/coachingsearch

That guy resides in Oxford.  Not exactly the center of the college football universe.  More like the crusty unwiped anus.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.4 seconds with 20 queries.