Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Staff changes?  (Read 19099 times)

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
Re: Staff changes?
« Reply #75 on: December 03, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
impressed with southern miss' defense today, wouldn't mind willy deciding to retire and offering their dc willy's $400k salary to keep him from joining fedora's staff at lol miss or where ever he decides to go next week.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #76 on: December 03, 2011, 03:11:12 PM »
I saw a rumor posted on TD(but without any sort of link to the rumor) that Arkansas was targeting Turner Gill to take McGee's place. I have a difficult time believing that it would get out this soon if that really was who Petrino was after.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #77 on: December 03, 2011, 04:14:48 PM »
Jeff Brohm and another former bmfp qb are names being tossed around. On another note, what about Croom as a dc option?
I saw a rumor posted on TD(but without any sort of link to the rumor) that Arkansas was targeting Turner Gill to take McGee's place. I have a difficult time believing that it would get out this soon if that really was who Petrino was after.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #78 on: December 03, 2011, 04:20:42 PM »
Jeff Brohm and another former bmfp qb are names being tossed around. On another note, what about Croom as a dc option?

Croom hasn't coached defense in over 20 years. He's been primarily a offensive coach.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #79 on: December 03, 2011, 04:25:25 PM »
  Ok remember that now, was thinking his teams had some good defenses, but just couldnt move the ball.

Croom hasn't coached defense in over 20 years. He's been primarily a offensive coach.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2011, 04:32:57 PM »
  Ok remember that now, was thinking his teams had some good defenses, but just couldnt move the ball.

Well, that's why we hired their DC.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #81 on: December 06, 2011, 09:23:42 AM »
Looks like PMFP's coming back:

http://m.illinihq.com/sports/illini-sports/football/2011-12-06/petrino-returning-arkansas.html

"Illinois offensive coordinator Paul Petrino is leaving the program today and will return to coach at Arkansas. Petrino joined the Illinois staff after working for his brother Bobby with the Razorbacks.

Illinois quarterback coach Jeff Brohm will be the offensive coordinator for the Dec. 31 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl against UCLA."

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #82 on: December 06, 2011, 09:25:01 AM »
You can hear the rest of the SEC going "oh frick" as news of the band getting back together comes out.

Online The Red Death

• Harnessing the spirit of John Robert Starr since 2005
  • Boar
« Reply #83 on: December 06, 2011, 09:29:56 AM »
The real dilemma is with Paul coming back how will CBS keep up with all the "frick you, motherfuckers!"
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #84 on: December 06, 2011, 09:30:20 AM »
So, we still need a good cop, special teams coach (Biagi?), and a proven recruiter. Is there a limit to how many assistants you can have on staff?

Offline Hizhog

• Boar
« Reply #85 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:19 AM »
Is there a limit to how many assistants you can have on staff?

Carolina on my mind...

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #86 on: December 06, 2011, 09:38:45 AM »
http://www.illinihq.com/sports/illini-sports/football/2011-12-06/petrino-returning-arkansas.html

Illinois offensive coordinator Paul Petrino is leaving the program today and will return to coach at Arkansas. Petrino joined the Illinois staff after working for his brother Bobby with the Razorbacks.

Illinois quarterback coach Jeff Brohm will be the offensive coordinator for the Dec. 31 Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl against UCLA.

Offline Jeff Spongeworthy

• Wild Hog
« Reply #87 on: December 06, 2011, 09:40:44 AM »
So, we still need a good cop, special teams coach (Biagi?), and a proven recruiter. Is there a limit to how many assistants you can have on staff?

And a QB coach.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #88 on: December 06, 2011, 09:47:18 AM »
I'm guessing Paul or Bobby will take over the QB coach role.  We still have Cinkovich to coach the WRs. 

I just worry about the lack of "color" on the coaching staff.  I don't know if that is a legitimate concern or not, but I would imagine that McGee helped a lot on that front in recruiting. 

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #89 on: December 06, 2011, 09:51:06 AM »

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #90 on: December 06, 2011, 09:55:20 AM »
I'm guessing Paul or Bobby will take over the QB coach role.  We still have Cinkovich to coach the WRs. 

I just worry about the lack of "color" on the coaching staff.  I don't know if that is a legitimate concern or not, but I would imagine that McGee helped a lot on that front in recruiting.

I agree. You need some diversity on the staff because that's important to some recruits and their parents.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #91 on: December 06, 2011, 10:03:27 AM »
Race issue aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm comes over after the bowl game.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #92 on: December 06, 2011, 10:06:53 AM »
You can hear the rest of the SEC going "oh frick" as news of the band getting back together comes out.

Solid   :beer:
AYFSM?

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #93 on: December 06, 2011, 10:13:10 AM »
Race issue aside, I wouldn't be surprised if Brohm comes over after the bowl game.

From a football standpoint, I think this would become a better offensive staff. 

You would have Brohm taking over QBs and PPetrino could coach Special Teams.  or you could let PP cover WRs and let Cinkovich coach STs. 

Does anyone know if Brohm is a decent recruiter?  Does anyone remember if PP is a decent recruiter?

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #94 on: December 06, 2011, 10:15:28 AM »

Does anyone know if Brohm is a decent recruiter?  Does anyone remember if PP is a decent recruiter?

Don remember about Paul and to lazy to googles but he may open up another part of the country to pull in some of those big grain fed lineman.
AYFSM?

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #95 on: December 06, 2011, 10:17:44 AM »
From a football standpoint, I think this would become a better offensive staff. 

You would have Brohm taking over QBs and PPetrino could coach Special Teams.  or you could let PP cover WRs and let Cinkovich coach STs. 

Paul was regarded as a very good recruiter while he was here.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #96 on: December 06, 2011, 10:19:02 AM »

Something seems to be missing...

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #97 on: December 06, 2011, 10:21:04 AM »
Couldn't help it. I lol'ed.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #98 on: December 06, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »
if Paul comes back it will kinda make him look bad for other coaching opportunities in the future. Like he couldn't cut it away from his bro maybe?
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #99 on: December 06, 2011, 10:24:32 AM »

I agree. You need some diversity on the staff because that's important to some recruits and their parents.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.299 seconds with 20 queries.