Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arkansas' 2012 schedule, Jerryworld, and beyond (warning: slightly GSD-ish)  (Read 6172 times)

Offline hoggadore

• Insolent Pissant, Bescumberer.
  • Tush Hog
Re: Arkansas' 2012 schedule, Jerryworld, and beyond (warning: slightly GSD-ish)
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2011, 11:48:13 PM »
some of those frick stick corndogs still think our home stadium is in LR

Seriously?  I have a really low opinion of people in general, but I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around this.  Are there any Arkansas fans that think TAMU is in Dallas?  Any Georgia fans that think Florida is in Jacksonville?  Pretty sure people are just trying to give you aMm.

Offline capnthog

• Poorly qualified to represent the LBC.
  • Boar
« Reply #26 on: December 02, 2011, 12:26:49 AM »
The SW classic has run its course.

Shitcan the remaining games, and lets move on.  Jerry can find some other fanbase to fleece.
Eat me.

Online TC

• Boar
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2011, 01:13:48 AM »
The SW classic has run its course.

Shitcan the remaining games, and lets move on.  Jerry can find some other fanbase to fleece.

No way.  The recruiting toehold in Texas that game gives us is too valuable.  I don't give a frick who we play. 
And now that A&M is in the West they do get a home game with us.  So what do we say, "Frick off Jerry, we're going to college station?" 

Offline Big Sausage Pizza

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
  • A Shoat
  • b00bs > n00bs
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2011, 01:37:24 AM »
I'm fine with the aTm game in Jerryworld.  Playing every other year in College Station is worse.

I like that the South Carolina game is pushed back towards the end of the season.  The Gamecocks seem to get worse as the season progresses.

Opening with 'Bama and closing with LSU is tough.  And both games are in sync so that we play both LSU and 'Bama away in the same year, and then at home in the next year.

Really need to move LSU to Fayetteville.

2 games in LR seems enough at this point.  Ole Miss / Miss State and a non conference...

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • BASEBALL GENIUS
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2011, 08:23:12 AM »
I wouldn't go to Dallas to watch us play aTM, but an Oregon, Notre Dame, Michigan?

I'd show for that level of opponent.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2011, 08:45:40 AM »
Notre Dame, Michigan?

I'd show for that level of opponent.

You serious Clark?
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • BASEBALL GENIUS
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2011, 08:52:40 AM »
You serious Clark?

Michigan may be a BCS team this year, perish the thought.

Also, publicity.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2011, 08:56:58 AM »
i think I heard meatchicken was already scheduled to play the gump next year in jerryworld.
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2011, 09:01:51 AM »
Michigan may be a BCS team this year, perish the thought.

Also, publicity.

Michigan being mentioned in BCS is a shame. They deserve it as much as West Virginia.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

Offline Boondoggle

• Tush Hog
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 11:53:29 AM »
Texas already plays a game in Dallas every year.

Yes, and I'm sure their OU game is a huge draw / TV revenue success. A Texas-Arkansas match up at Jerry World would be just as successful.

It shouldn't hurt Texas to play two games in Dallas (I'm sure there are plenty of UT alumnae in DFW to fill the stands, just as there seem to be plenty of Arkansas fans down there).

Starkville, we play at least 2 "home" games a year at the dump in LR which has several thousand less seats than Fayetteville.

I'm just saying Texas would be a Starkville of a matchup and a much better draw year in and year out than Texas Tech or TCU. TCU might be OK now, but up until recently, they'd been everybody's patsy since the 1940s.
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2011, 12:18:49 PM »
TCU would be a bust for a game at the Death Star.  They can't fill up 50k seats at Amon Carter when they're undefeated and headed to the Rose Bowl.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2011, 12:43:26 PM »
Yes, and I'm sure their OU game is a huge draw / TV revenue success. A Texas-Arkansas match up at Jerry World would be just as successful.

It shouldn't hurt Texas to play two games in Dallas (I'm sure there are plenty of UT alumnae in DFW to fill the stands, just as there seem to be plenty of Arkansas fans down there).

Starkville, we play at least 2 "home" games a year at the dump in LR which has several thousand less seats than Fayetteville.

I'm just saying Texas would be a Starkville of a matchup and a much better draw year in and year out than Texas Tech or TCU. TCU might be OK now, but up until recently, they'd been everybody's patsy since the 1940s.

I dont think Texas wants two neutral site games though.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline EastArkHog

• Didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Tush Hog
    • http://wulffmorgenthaler.com
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2011, 12:47:33 PM »
I know this was touched on in the Gary Drinkel thread but @dixiefriedsports has been tweeting about SEC teams and their expected schedules next year.  He doesn't give any source for the information so I am treating at as rumors for now.  The speculation is that Missouri and aTm will be permanent opponents and the Hogs and Cocks will maintain their status quo.  The tweets also covered the choices that will be need regarding where games are going to be played. 

One suggestion that he made, that I like very much, is to switch the aTm series back to a regular home-and-home series.  Then, with Jerry Jones' consent, have a yearly game in Jerryworld and call it the Razorback Invitational (okay the name is my idea). Every year one lucky non-conference BCS level opponent would be invited to play the Hogs in Dallas.  If something like this were implemented it would play out like this over the next two years:

Louisiana-Monroe
Non-conference (Dallas)
Tulsa
Alabama
@ aTm
@ Dead Trees
Ole Miss
Kentucky (LR)
Non-conference
@ Miss. St.
@ USC
LSU

Non-conference
Non-conference (Dallas)
Non-conference (LR)
@ Alabama
aTm
Dead Trees
@ Ole Miss
@ Kentucky
Non-conference
aMm
USC-e
@ LSU

Yes I am an animal and yes I want to keep the games in the dump that is WMS, but I would gladly give up one of those yearly games if it meant this schedule were implemented.  Not only could we claim Jerryworld as a home away from home but, in terms of recruiting, we would be firmly implanted in the state of Texas since we would play in the state 3 times every 2 years.  The above schedule also guarantees that four SEC games and six home games are still played in Fayetteville every year.

This is of course assuming that we could get a contract similar to what the aTm/Arkansas series currently pays out.  If it was drastically less than that then I say keep the aTm series in Dallas and rework the schedule so that four SEC games are played in Fayetteville yearly.

Yes I know this is bordering on GSD but hopefully the discussion can be a civil one.  If you can't keep it civil then I invite you to kindly go motherfuck yourself and abstain from posting.

Don't see the return game to Tenn for next year, guess they begged thier way out of another ass whipping from us next year....putheys

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life....

Offline RustonHog

• A Shoat
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2011, 01:47:18 PM »
I like the idea of moving the game up in our schedule.  Keep the game in Jerry’s house and schedule a different ‘media darling’ year in and year out to get GameDay there.  I’m not talking about the:  Houston’s Boisie’s and TCU’s, but a team from the:  East Coast, West Coast or Big 10/12 that ESPN loves to brag about.  I think playing and beating a top notch team helps us in the computers and better prepares us for bammer game.   

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• The Wages of Gin
  • Boar
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2011, 02:09:12 PM »
I like the idea of moving the game up in our schedule.  Keep the game in Jerry’s house and schedule a different ‘media darling’ year in and year out to get GameDay there.  I’m not talking about the:  Houston’s Boisie’s and TCU’s, but a team from the:  East Coast, West Coast or Big 10/12 that ESPN loves to brag about.  I think playing and beating a top notch team helps us in the computers and better prepares us for bammer game.

I think our schedule is already hard enough. The SEC W right now is a mine field surrounded by fricking razorwire surrounded by VC booby traps. I think we just schedule down a little bit until the power cycles back to the SEC East (if/when that happens). But that's just me talkin...
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2011, 02:31:54 PM »
Let's see...we were just ranked #3 in a game last week where if we win we go to the BCS title game with a non-conference cupcake schedule and the Aggies. I see no reason to play any upcoming season any different. Just schedule 3 cupcakes with 1 game (home and home if needed) vs a BCS level team like Texas Tech. There's no need to take any big chances on losing if it's not needed. Going 8-0 in the SEC (maybe 7-1), no matter the non-con schedule, then winning the SEC title in Atlanta will get us to the big game we all want.

Lose 1 non-con game then go 7-1 in SEC and we get no title shot. Might as well give ourselves a margin for error. Playing someone above the level of the Ags in non-con is foolhardy IMO.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline RustonHog

• A Shoat
« Reply #41 on: December 02, 2011, 02:37:16 PM »
Agreed, the risk is probably not worth the reward at least not at this point.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #42 on: December 02, 2011, 02:55:48 PM »

aMm like this just fires me up. Don't mean to rehash the GSD but all you fickers conveniently forget the past. Learn from it and never forget it. It might just bite you on the ass if you don't!
AYFSM?

Online TC

• Boar
« Reply #43 on: December 02, 2011, 03:07:24 PM »
aMm like this just fires me up. Don't mean to rehash the GSD but all you fickers conveniently forget the past. Learn from it and never forget it. It might just bite you on the ass if you don't!

Good gawd damn man, you're right.  The UA owes Little Rock AT LEAST 2 games in perpetuum for helping the program years ago. 
It's fricking retarded and I'm a born and raised animal. 

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #44 on: December 02, 2011, 03:23:59 PM »
Let's see...we were just ranked #3 in a game last week where if we win we go to the BCS title game with a non-conference cupcake schedule and the Aggies. I see no reason to play any upcoming season any different. Just schedule 3 cupcakes with 1 game (home and home if needed) vs a BCS level team like Texas Tech. There's no need to take any big chances on losing if it's not needed. Going 8-0 in the SEC (maybe 7-1), no matter the non-con schedule, then winning the SEC title in Atlanta will get us to the big game we all want.

Lose 1 non-con game then go 7-1 in SEC and we get no title shot. Might as well give ourselves a margin for error. Playing someone above the level of the Ags in non-con is foolhardy IMO.

Purely from a making the NC standpoint, Texas Tech is probably the perfect opponent.

Sucks from an entertainment standpoint, though.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #45 on: December 02, 2011, 03:42:15 PM »

to quote corso - frick it!  wait.  the other one... not so fast my friend. 

we have 4 non conference games, at least for now.  last year aTm was one of them.  By all accounts from the rumor mill, aTm is replacing Tennessee, so there will need to be at least 1 non-cupcake on the schedule.  Now if they decide to go to 9 conference games, then yes.  But, we haven't gone completely cupcake in our non conference schedule as this suggests.  aTm was ranked at the time.  I would have to give them credit also for being somewhat talented, except in the coaching department.  remember the quote from the game thread - "I may run for 300 yards in the game, but in the 3rd quarter on 4th & 1; I like to punt"..

Personally I do not like all the cupcakes.  I can think of several BCS teams that we could play that might not be heavyweights but would still be good matchups. 

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• The Wages of Gin
  • Boar
« Reply #46 on: December 02, 2011, 03:51:07 PM »
Personally I do not like all the cupcakes.  I can think of several BCS teams that we could play that might not be heavyweights but would still be good matchups.

I like where you're going with this. Not quite a cupcake, a Cinnamon Roll if you will. Kansas State, Louisville, Arizona... Middle of the pack BCS team is what I'd like to see on the schedule.
Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #47 on: December 02, 2011, 04:05:05 PM »
I like where you're going with this. Not quite a cupcake, a Cinnamon Roll if you will. Kansas State, Louisville, Arizona... Middle of the pack BCS team is what I'd like to see on the schedule.

I was thinking exactly those type teams.  If you aren't gonna play A state, don't go playing their conference members.  it's a hypocritical rule.  I totally understand the mission of a united state of hogs, but Troy, Lamo, etc just allows you to say, "why are we playing these guys, they play A state?"

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #48 on: December 02, 2011, 04:12:51 PM »
Going the full GSD route, the day will come eventually when we may play stAte in order to keep our presence in LR. Ironic indeed, buy I can see it coming to that.

Offline Count_Hogula

• A Shoat
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2011, 01:06:50 PM »
Hogs and A-State should always be the season opener in LR.  Of course it'll never happen as we need to play some other Sun Belt school or someone of value like New Mexico or Missouri State...As for our DeathStar game, why not Baylor?  Their fans won't have far to travel.
"You miss 100% of the shots you never take.” - Wayne Gretzky

"Why is a puck called a puck? Because dirty little bastard was taken."
-Martin Brodeur

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.44 seconds with 21 queries.