Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Arkansas' 2012 schedule, Jerryworld, and beyond (warning: slightly GSD-ish)  (Read 6440 times)

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Arkansas' 2012 schedule, Jerryworld, and beyond (warning: slightly GSD-ish)
« Reply #75 on: December 05, 2011, 12:39:26 PM »
(1) get Bama out of the 1st SEC game of the year slot

Sorry but to me this is just making excuses. It's Bama's 1st SEC game too.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #76 on: December 05, 2011, 12:47:13 PM »
Maybe so but I have a lot more evidence to back up my claim than any other I've seen.  I know there are a lot of people who agree but just don't want to be ganked.

It's black friday.  Like it or not, a whole lot of fricking women prefer to shop that day.  It's an important day for retailers in Arkansas.  Most people outside of NWA are not going to drive the day after Thanksgiving to watch that game when they could sit home and see it on the tv.  Or deer hunt, or shop.  In Little Rock, they can do all of that and not have to spend their Christmas money on hotels and fuel.  The students are part of the equation of course, but not all of it.  The very first time, it might sell out but I doubt it.

Irregardless, the point is mute because it ain't happening................................... .................... and neither argument could be proved until it does.

You're a fricking moron.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #77 on: December 05, 2011, 01:17:23 PM »
Irregardless, the point is mute because it ain't happening................................... .................... and neither argument could be proved until it does.

"The interior of the sun is the same as the chocolate wonderfall at Golden Corral and since nobody can go there, I can't be proven wrong."

Brilliant.

fricking moron.  By the way, anybody else who agrees with this idiot, feel free to weigh in.  I promise you won't be ganked.

Offline Count Porkula

• Mayor
  • King of the Hogs
  • Sophisticate
« Reply #78 on: December 05, 2011, 01:25:52 PM »
This just in...

We have shopping malls, deer woods and even running water in NWA. 

Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors?
Resonance...metal folding chairs or hard tile floors cannot be beaten when it comes to firing off a loud fart.

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #79 on: December 05, 2011, 01:34:56 PM »
This just in...

We have shopping malls, deer woods and even running water in NWA. 

Can anyone confirm or deny these rumors?

Yeah, but do you have a Cheddar's?

Offline hogfan58

• Bret Bielema, cheese curds and frozen custard...you betcha!!
  • Boar
« Reply #80 on: December 05, 2011, 01:46:36 PM »

Sorry but to me this is just making excuses. It's Bama's 1st SEC game too.

Then we need to stop playing cupcakes the 3 games before Bama because that strategy ain't working too well.

Next year Bama starts with Michigan; 2014 with Va Tech. I'm a firm believer in playing a "somebody" before conference play - obviously Bama is as well.
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #81 on: December 05, 2011, 01:53:03 PM »
Then we need to stop playing cupcakes the 3 games before Bama because that strategy ain't working too well.

Next year Bama starts with Michigan; 2014 with Va Tech. I'm a firm believer in playing a "somebody" before conference play - obviously Bama is as well.

Agree.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #82 on: December 05, 2011, 01:55:47 PM »
"The interior of the sun is the same as the chocolate wonderfall at Golden Corral and since nobody can go there, I can't be proven wrong."

Brilliant.

fricking moron.  By the way, anybody else who agrees with this idiot, feel free to weigh in.  I promise you won't be ganked.

Why? It's a MUTE point. Guess that means we all just need to shut up about it. ::)

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #83 on: December 05, 2011, 01:58:23 PM »

This is the worst thing about our schedule every year.  I'd rather take a chance on losing to someone like North Carolina, Arizona St, Washington, etc, etc and actually be used to SOME physicality early in the season before Bama.  They were more prepared for our game, having just played Penn State.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #84 on: December 05, 2011, 03:00:05 PM »
You girls do realize the Alabama game isn't set in stone as the first SEC game, right. There's not some grand conspiracy here.

We have in the past played Vandy and Tennessee before Bama, and might have played Tenn in September next year if the game hadn't been removed.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 03:11:02 PM by big_pale »
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #85 on: December 05, 2011, 03:05:35 PM »
Why? It's a MUTE point. Guess that means we all just need to shut up about it. ::)
"                                                                               !!!"
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #86 on: December 05, 2011, 03:24:51 PM »
You girls do realize the Alabama game isn't set in stone as the first SEC game, right. There's not some grand conspiracy here.

We have in the past played Vandy and Tennessee before Bama, and might have played Tenn in September next year if the game hadn't been removed.

Shhh, don't you know there's got to be some reason we keep losing to them other than the fact they have more better players and a really good coach?
Homies help homes.......always

Offline dour countenance

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2011, 03:40:30 PM »

We played Georgia before Bama in 2009 and 2010.

Offline hogfan58

• Bret Bielema, cheese curds and frozen custard...you betcha!!
  • Boar
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2011, 04:14:47 PM »

Yes I do realize that. The point I was trying to make was that we need to play a game against someone other than SE/SW Missou, Directional-whatever LA and/or piece of crap whomever BEFORE we get into conference play......whether that game is Bama, UGA or Vandy.

BUT...if we are going to keep playing those type of nc games, then it would probably be in our best interests NOT to have Bama as our first conference game, if we have any say-so in that.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:18:21 PM by hogfan58 »
I'm asking you as fans, don't give up on those players, don't give up on us, it's our program, it's the state of Alabama program...it's not one individuals program, so hang in there...

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2011, 04:48:30 PM »
As one of those aforementioned girls, I'd just point out that playing a semi-good BCS level opponent would have REALLY helped us at this end of this year IF we had beaten LSU.  Our SoS was pretty pathetic this year. 

Offline Pig

• Wild Hog
  • BLT's are so darn tasty!
« Reply #90 on: December 05, 2011, 04:56:19 PM »
Was wondering, if we keep aTm at Jerryworld, how the unbalanced schedule would work for us.
This is how Georgia and Florida do it:
even numbered years, UGa plays 3 SEC games at home, and hosts rival GaTech
 while Florida plays 4 SEC games at home, and plays at rival FSU.
odd numbered years, its flipped, ie, UGa has 4 SEC home games.
Not sure if any meaningful correlation, as Gators have dominated until recently,
but 3 of the 4 SEC championship appearances by Uga came in the odd years.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #91 on: December 05, 2011, 05:40:19 PM »
As one of those aforementioned girls, I'd just point out that playing a semi-good BCS level opponent would have REALLY helped us at this end of this year IF we had beaten LSU.  Our SoS was pretty pathetic this year.

Arkansas played Texas A&M when they were ranked #8 in the country.  It's not Arkansas' fault their coach sucked and they fell apart.
Homies help homes.......always

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 20 queries.