Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: NCAA conf championship week football  (Read 7875 times)

Offline Pigs on Parade

• Tush Hog
  • "May the wind take your troubles away..."
Re: NCAA conf championship week football
« Reply #250 on: December 04, 2011, 02:41:12 PM »
I'm thinking there's no downside to a Gus Johnson called game. The man is vastly underrated by the more sports centered networks.

EDIT: I take that back. The only down side to Gus is that he belongs in collegiate broadcasts. I don't see him bringing the same energy to his pro games, but man he really amplifies the collegiate excitement.

"With a beer in each hand, and a smile in between." - Uncle Tupelo circa 1991

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #251 on: December 04, 2011, 02:41:49 PM »

I think the ball, from looking at the trajectory in that picture, was heading out of bounds short of the end zone.  Thus, it would have been LSU ball inside the 1. 

When you watch the full replay, you'll see the ball hit the official's right hand, which would indicate that it would have gone out in the end zone and therefore been Georgia's ball.  Not arguing, just pointing that out.

As far as the people who say "So, take way those two punt returns, and LSU still wins 28-10," they are missing the bigger picture.  That was a HUGE momentum swing in the game.  LSU had done next to nothing by that point and without that play to pump them up nobody knows what would have happened.  Sure, LSU probably would have still won, simply because they're a lot better team than Georgia, but if Georgia goes in at the half up 10-0 or 13-0 and Miles comes out in the second half and puts Jarrett Lee in and he throws a couple of picks, who knows?  The point is the game should be called consistently - rules are rules - and SEC officials are the country's worst at doing this.  The marquee teams in the league get preferential treatment by the officials and it's obvious.  Anybody who doesn't believe this isn't looking very closely.

Offline copenhaWgen

• Wild Hog
  • Satisfied since 1986
« Reply #252 on: December 04, 2011, 02:56:50 PM »
I try not to think what March Madness will be without him. Damn you CBS.

Ever notice Gus is on one of those Buffalo Wild Wings Commercials?

Not until now.  Nice pickup.   :beer: :cheers:

Love those commercials.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #253 on: December 04, 2011, 04:21:00 PM »
Maybe one day Slive will dial up the head ref and tell him to make sure the Hogs win.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 20 queries.