Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garrick McGee to UAB  (Read 8416 times)

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
Garrick McGee to UAB
« on: December 03, 2011, 10:51:38 AM »
@schadjoe: Arkansas OC Garrick McGee has accepted the UAB HC position.

Offline WORD

• Happy-go-lucky Irishman
  • Tush Hog
  • Beauty lies in the hands of the beerholder
Re: Garrick McGee to UAB
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 10:53:47 AM »
Bad career move imho.  Surely there are better hc jobs to come. Also losing a great recruiter.

Congrats to GM though. He definitely is ready to be a HC.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 10:59:58 AM by WORD »
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline GuinnessHog

• ( . ) ( . )
  • Boar
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 10:54:05 AM »
We really need to be selective on replacing McGee. I think a lot of recruits came away very impressed with him.

Congrats to him though. We want assistants who are successful and strive to be head coaches.  :thumbup:

Offline EastArkHog

• Didn't win the Nobel Peace Prize
  • Tush Hog
    • http://wulffmorgenthaler.com
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2011, 10:56:51 AM »
Grats to McGee, shows Petrino hires only the best...
Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life....

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2011, 10:57:30 AM »

Coach K moves up to OC?

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2011, 10:59:58 AM »
Congrats to Coach McGee.  It's no secret he's wanted to be a head coach, and you have to start somewhere.  If he doesn't land a job himself, I wonder if a certain Petrino might return as OC?
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline littlerayofsunshine

• Wild Hog
  • Bitches, rub your titties if you love Big Poppa...
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2011, 11:06:37 AM »
Good for him.  I think he'll do well there.  Good recruiting base.  Perfect time for Paul to step back in.
"A celibate clergy is an especially good idea, because it tends to suppress any hereditary propensity toward fanaticism."  - Carl Sagan

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2011, 11:09:40 AM »
Can't blame a man for wanting to be a head coach.  Congrats from here and I hope he's successful.  :beer:

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2011, 11:12:45 AM »
Good job, Corch; best of luck to him at UAB.

Offline Mike Slive

• Boar
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2011, 11:13:42 AM »
He is going to do well. NC should have interviewed him over Gus.

Offline chittlins

• Once got busy in a Burger King bathroom
  • Boar
  • It's a two sniff league
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2011, 11:14:25 AM »
UAB wanted an on campus stadium, right at 30,000. Had a good way to finance it and Paul Bryant Jr and the rest of the Bama BOR system just killed it. They have repeatedly roadblocked UAB's effort to better itself. I've always heard that why Mike wasn't interested in the Bama b-ball job last time when Bama contacted him.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2011, 11:16:19 AM »
Good for him.  I think he'll do well there.  Good recruiting base.  Perfect time for Paul to step back in.

Would that mean that Miles might get a double barreled "frick you" if Paul returns?
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 11:21:39 AM »
I say it's a dumb move but he probably knows the situation better than me.  Good luck Coach.

Offline HogNrock

• Boar
  • McHeisman pose
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 11:29:11 AM »
Well, we all knew it was coming at some point.  Best of luck to Coach McGee.  I expect he will do well.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 11:45:47 AM »
Best of luck to him, but this blows ass.  I assume he's gone before the bowl game?

Not good.

Offline Doc Hogaday

• Loves that helmet, misses this logo...
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 11:58:55 AM »
Wonder what he's getting paid?  Callaway made $378,000 last year while McGee made $425,000 here.
Let's get rid of that dogbone-shaped logo of ours, bring back the old school 'A' with the Hog running through it, and start kicking people's asses again.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 12:01:33 PM »
Best of luck to him, but this blows ass.  I assume he's gone before the bowl game?

Not good.
I wouldn't think so...but you never can tell nowdays.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Pumpkin Escobar

• Rocky Mountain High
  • King of the Hogs
  • An image of excellence.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 12:07:03 PM »

Not good.

You do know this is BMFP's offense don't you? You do know that a highly organized person like him probably has a plan to deal with this and isn't pure chaos like Hooty? I remember when Paul left, people were freakin out about how Garrick would fill his shoes. We will be fine.
An té nach leigheasann im nó uisce beatha, ní aon leigheas ar.

Tiocfaidh ár lá! Éireann go brách!

Offline jwlbrown

• Lifetime Lurker.
  • A Shoat
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 12:18:25 PM »
UA SPORTS INFORMATION

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - The following statement is from University of Arkansas football head coach Bobby Petrino:

"I want to congratulate Garrick McGee on becoming the head football coach at UAB. I have enjoyed watching Garrick progress throughout his career and I am excited to see him get this opportunity. Garrick has been with me as a player and an assistant coach and I thank him for being a big part of everything we have been able to build here at Arkansas. The guidance he has provided our offense and quarterbacks the past four seasons has been immeasurable. Garrick grew up the son of a coach and is a natural teacher and leader. He will have a solid plan for the football program at UAB and the dedication to carry it out. Garrick, Tiffany and the entire McGee family leave with my gratitude for a job well done with the Razorbacks, and best wishes for continued success at UAB."

He's such an asshole.

Edited for linkage:  http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=6100&ATCLID=205341921
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:21:28 PM by jwlbrown »

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 12:18:38 PM »
congratulations coach mcgee, you represented the university and state of arkansas very well and you made us proud to have you as a coach. 

i don't blame him, looking to move up, you gotta take what you can, I can certainly understand the impatience waiting for a better job to come along.  completely unrelated situation, but malzahn screwed up last year waiting for a better gig to come along.

curious what coaching connections bmfp has to tap into for a qb coach...has paul coached qb's before?  does he come back here to be oc and coach qb, or wr and cinkovich coaches qb?  whomever bmfp hires I hope he is as good of a coach and recruiter as mcgee was. 

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 12:26:27 PM »
I am happy for Coach McGee and thank him for his contribution to our success.  Good luck at UAB.

I am sad as a Razorback fan. I think GM was the balance to the intensity of BMFP and kept Tyler Wilson even keeled. It will be interesting to see how that plays out.
AYFSM?

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 12:41:46 PM »
Hate to throw Nutt into this thread, but.  I am giddy as frick to have a coaching staff where our assistants are sought after for head coaching jobs (even if it is UAB), rather than life long hanger ons. (MSM)

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 12:42:06 PM »
Most OC's want to be a head coach but this is a bad move. Tuscaloosa has a stranglehold on UAB. The last time that UAB was anywhere close to being relevant was when Watson Brown was there and the bammers ran him off. I hope this guy does well because UAB needs it but he'll have to put up with a lot of aMm.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 12:48:56 PM »
Hate to throw Mr. Golden Parachute into this thread, but.  I am giddy as frick to have a coaching staff where our assistants are sought after for head coaching jobs (even if it is UAB), rather than life long hanger ons. (MSM)

So do you have some insight as to Willy's HC offers that we don't know about?
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline Doc Hogaday

• Loves that helmet, misses this logo...
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 12:55:08 PM »

curious what coaching connections bmfp has to tap into for a qb coach...has paul coached qb's before?  does he come back here to be oc and coach qb, or wr and cinkovich coaches qb?  whomever bmfp hires I hope he is as good of a coach and recruiter as mcgee was.

Main thing in my opinion is finding a good recruiter.  It's Petrino's offense and QBs anyway...he can be the HC and the QB coach in name too if he wants to.  Just find a recruiter and make him TE coach or whatever. Name Klenakis "OC". 

If he does go out and get a real QB coach I could see him going after Jeff Brohm.  He was there w/ him for 4 years at Louisville and is now out of a job at Illinois.
Let's get rid of that dogbone-shaped logo of ours, bring back the old school 'A' with the Hog running through it, and start kicking people's asses again.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.273 seconds with 21 queries.