Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garrick McGee to UAB  (Read 8195 times)

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
Re: Garrick McGee to UAB
« Reply #100 on: December 06, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »
John Chavis picks up Broyles award.

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #101 on: December 06, 2011, 01:50:23 PM »
John Chavis picks up Broyles award.

Damn.  Of course I was hoping for a McGee win but Chavis certainly deserves it.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #102 on: December 06, 2011, 04:19:53 PM »
Damn.  Of course I was hoping for a McGee win but Chavis certainly deserves it.

Agreeance
AYFSM?

Offline gvillehawg

• A Shoat
« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2011, 02:38:08 PM »
Finebaum on air now saying skeletons in McGee closet.  Tune in....

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2011, 02:39:39 PM »

No aMm, we all have them. As long as he wasn't Sanduskying little boys, I don't care!
AYFSM?

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #105 on: December 09, 2011, 02:40:43 PM »

Is this about drinking and driving in Tulsa many moons ago?  If so, Arkansas fans paying attn should already know that aMm.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Rocket_City_Hawg

• A Shoat
  • Javelin. When you need to kill something
« Reply #106 on: December 09, 2011, 02:45:06 PM »
Is this about drinking and driving in Tulsa many moons ago?  If so, Arkansas fans paying attn should already know that aMm.

Don't forget the robbing at ASU

Offline El Hogarado

• Fan of Normal, American Football
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #107 on: December 09, 2011, 03:20:15 PM »
Garrick McGee is on with Finebaum right now. 

Why were you interested in UAB considering its sucky history?

Garrick said he turned down one head coaching offer last year because it wasn't a right fit. 

Mike Anderson told Garrick he would like coaching for UAB.  Garrick said what he saw during the interview process was not a down trodden program as has been portrayed by some.

Addressing the past incidents: I've been upfront about my past, especially with my kids.  I spent years thinking I let my dad and my coaches down.  Coach Petrino (Garrick's position coach at the time?) and Bruce Snyder were put in the position of answering for my actions.

Bruce Snyder recommended that John Robinson hire Garrick McGee at UNLV because the program needed discipline that Garrick could provide.

About the DWI at Northwestern: Garrick left a meeting and ran over the curb and hit something.  Garrick admitted to the cop that he had a drink at dinner.  The cop told Garrick that he had to write him up because it was his job since he admitted to drinking at dinner then driving.  Northwestern's AD (a lawyer, who is now at Green Bay) told him that the incident wouldn't affect his standing with the team.  Garrick remained NW's offensive coordinator.  Garrick didn't remember what he was actually charged with but knew he pled to a lesser offensive to resolve the matter.

Garrick said he's always disclosed what happened during these interviews.

Should you have discussed these incidents at the press conference? No, the press conference was about celebrating UAB football.

What's your evaluation of Alabama and LSU?  Different defensive schemes. Alabama, 3-4 Defenses with big athletes.  LSU, 4-3 with depth one the line.  When we spread them out with four WRs, they both play 4-2-5.  They both really relentlessly push on every play.  They don't get discouraged when you hit a big play, they just keep playing hard.  Turnovers killed us in each game.  After turnover and big punt plays, they had momentum and we couldn't emotionally overcome the momentum swing.  BCS got it right with best two teams.

Recruiting at UAB: Evaluating current commits.  Really wants Birmingham area kids.  There are enough kids in Alabama for UAB to win Conference USA.

Finebaum pats Garrick on the back for dealing with the difficult issues on the air.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:29:56 PM by El Hogarado »
Munny: Starkville of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.
The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess he had it comin'.
Munny: We all got it comin', kid.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #108 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:41 PM »
Garrick McGee is on with Finebaum right now. 

Why were you interested in UAB considering its sucky history?

Garrick said he turned down one head coaching offer last year because it wasn't a right fit. 

Mike Anderson told Garrick he would like coaching for UAB.  Garrick said what he saw during the interview process was not a down trodden program as has been portrayed by some.

Addressing the past incidents: I've been upfront about my past, especially with my kids.  I spent years thinking I let my dad and my coaches down.  Coach Petrino (Garrick's position coach at the time?) and Bruce Snyder were put in the position of answering for my actions.

Bruce Snyder recommended that John Robinson hire Garrick McGee at UNLV because the program needed discipline that Garrick could provide.

About the DWI at Northwestern: Garrick left a meeting and ran over the curb and hit something.  Garrick admitted to the cop that he had a drink at dinner.  The cop told Garrick that he had to write him up because it was his job since he admitted to drinking at dinner then driving.  Northwestern's AD (a lawyer, who is now at Green Bay) told him that the incident wouldn't affect his standing with the team.  Garrick remained NW's offensive coordinator.  Garrick didn't remember what he was actually charged with but knew he pled to a lesser offensive to resolve the matter.

Garrick said he's always disclosed what happened during these interviews.

Should you have discussed these incidents at the press conference? No, the press conference was about celebrating UAB football.

He's going to great.  And with every win it makes us look better too.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline gvillehawg

• A Shoat
« Reply #109 on: December 09, 2011, 03:28:42 PM »
And he said Petrino said he was ready to be a head coach. 

My take:  So if you're an assistant worth your salt and want to be mentored, Petrino will grow you not squash you like the previous maroon.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.185 seconds with 20 queries.