Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Garrick McGee to UAB  (Read 8622 times)

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
Re: Garrick McGee to UAB
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2011, 05:51:39 PM »
Rumor we are hearing up in Fayetteville is that Garrick McGee will leave for Birmingham on Sunday and that we are ready to write Auburn a check for Malzahn's buy out and make him the new OC at Arkansas.

Y'all hearing anything over there?

Yes but part of the deal is Ted Roof, Barret Trotter and Clint Mosely will follow.

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2011, 05:54:04 PM »

Offline Jeff Spongeworthy

• Wild Hog
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2011, 06:33:30 PM »
frick you x 10

I wasn't calling you a troll.  I was referring to notas's triple post in the Petrino to Texas thread, since he was mimicking the troll who started that thread in his response to you.  But frick you, too.  And season's greetings.

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2011, 06:34:02 PM »
Money isn't an option.  If we want Mike Martz we will go get him.

We better jump on Dungy before LOL Miss scoops him up.

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #54 on: December 03, 2011, 06:41:24 PM »
I wasn't calling you a troll.  I was referring to notas's triple post in the Petrino to Texas thread, since he was mimicking the troll who started that thread in his response to you.  But frick you, too.  And season's greetings.

Well aMm. Let me get this foot outta my wazoo. By the way, no way Starkville BP goes to Texas.

Offline efd840

• A Shoat
« Reply #55 on: December 03, 2011, 09:55:43 PM »
UAB wanted an on campus stadium, right at 30,000. Had a good way to finance it and Paul Bryant Jr and the rest of the Bama BOR system just killed it. They have repeatedly roadblocked UAB's effort to better itself.

That, sir is mostly Bovine excrement being spewed by a few UAB zelots.  Those same zelots to this day swear Jimbo Fisher was going to abandon the future FSU job to become their coach until Paul Jr quashed it.  ::)

The reason that the BoT killed the stadium was quite simply UAB is only surviving as a D-1 program because the City of Birmingham buys 15,000 season tickets a year.  If they didn't, UAB wouldn't make the ticket sales minimum to keep their D-1 status.  In acutal attendance, they're regularly outdrawn by several Birmingham area high schools.

Offline copenhaWgen

• Wild Hog
  • Satisfied since 1986
« Reply #56 on: December 03, 2011, 10:15:51 PM »
That, sir is mostly Bovine excrement being spewed by a few UAB zelots.  Those same zelots to this day swear Jimbo Fisher was going to abandon the future FSU job to become their coach until Paul Jr quashed it.  ::)

The reason that the BoT killed the stadium was quite simply UAB is only surviving as a D-1 program because the City of Birmingham buys 15,000 season tickets a year.  If they didn't, UAB wouldn't make the ticket sales minimum to keep their D-1 status.  In acutal attendance, they're regularly outdrawn by several Birmingham area high schools.

I'll give those UAB zealots some credit for trying to fix their major problem.  Location. 

Offline efd840

• A Shoat
« Reply #57 on: December 03, 2011, 10:46:56 PM »
I'll give those UAB zealots some credit for trying to fix their major problem.  Location.

The location problem's the B part of their name.  To put it in perspective y'all are always talking about Memphis.  Well, the A&E show The First 48 that follows homicide detectives regularly follows both the Memphis and Birmingham PDs.

Unless they decide to become something like UAMountainBrook, UAHoover, UAVestaviaHills, or UAShelbyCounty they aren't going to fix their location problem.

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2011, 07:54:53 AM »
The location problem's the B part of their name.  To put it in perspective y'all are always talking about Memphis.  Well, the A&E show The First 48 that follows homicide detectives regularly follows both the Memphis and Birmingham PDs.

Unless they decide to become something like UAMountainBrook, UAHoover, UAVestaviaHills, or UAShelbyCounty they aren't going to fix their location problem.

This guy knows. Starkville Bham officials still think they should build an indoor stadium.

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2011, 09:00:43 AM »
This guy knows. Starkville Bham officials still think they should build an indoor stadium.

You're such a troll.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2011, 11:46:20 AM »
AYFSM?

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2011, 12:32:06 PM »
This is either a stupid joke,  or you truly know very little about football.

Rumor we are hearing up in Fayetteville is that Garrick McGee will leave for Birmingham on Sunday and that we are ready to write Auburn a check for Malzahn's buy out and make him the new OC at Arkansas.

Y'all hearing anything over there?

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2011, 12:32:18 PM »

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2011, 02:32:01 PM »

You should probably look at who posted it... then head on over to the Petrino to TX thread.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #64 on: December 04, 2011, 02:59:22 PM »

Seriously?

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #65 on: December 04, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
Most OC's want to be a head coach but this is a bad move. Tuscaloosa has a stranglehold on UAB. The last time that UAB was anywhere close to being relevant was when Watson Brown was there and the bammers ran him off. I hope this guy does well because UAB needs it but he'll have to put up with a lot of aMm.

You hired a coach who was 5-19.  Success is relative.  This is his chance. He's not in a situation to pass on too many jobs.

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2011, 06:10:58 PM »
You hired a coach who was 5-19.  Success is relative.  This is his chance. He's not in a situation to pass on too many jobs.

No argument there. I think the guy can be successful there its just the bs politics that he'll have to endure. That's not going to change until UAB gets out from under bamas BOT. I do think the fans are just waiting on something good to happen. That hasn't happened since Mike Andersons 40 mins of Starkville. The cruiten could be good as well. There's lots of good HS football to pick from. The trouble comes when you have to show these kids your sports facilities. I mean their football stadium is on its structural death bed.

Offline Hawg_Good

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2011, 06:29:19 PM »
Gus damned troll three aMm.

notas quoted a guy that quoted me,  My life is complete.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2011, 06:35:19 PM »
No argument there. I think the guy can be successful there its just the bs politics that he'll have to endure. That's not going to change until UAB gets out from under bamas BOT. I do think the fans are just waiting on something good to happen. That hasn't happened since Mike Andersons 40 mins of Starkville. The cruiten could be good as well. There's lots of good HS football to pick from. The trouble comes when you have to show these kids your sports facilities. I mean their football stadium is on its structural death bed.

He is a good recruiter. That much we know.

It sucks to lose McGee, but I think there are two potential positives that could serve to offset his loss somewhat.

A.). Petrino treats the opening the same way he does the loss of a player. Don't just replace, upgrade.

B.). McGee, while likely not taking any players from Bama or Auburn, forces them to use more resources within the state.  A natural byproduct of this is that each school has fewer resources to use out of state/region. The advantage could be minute, but I'll take anything.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2011, 06:40:46 PM »
Petrino treats the opening the same way he does the loss of a player. Don't just replace, upgrade.

That will be interesting to consider if Paul returns as OC.

Offline Tooth_Sleuth

• A Shoat
  • Coming right atcha
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »
That will be interesting to consider if Paul returns as OC.
I'm not sure Paul would want to return.  He left to make a name for himself out from underneath his brother's shadow.  Why would he turn tail and run home at the first sign of trouble?  If he is anything like his brother he's got too much pride, ego, drive to do that.
The days of falling into a barrel of tits coming out sucking our thumb are over.

Offline Kill The Ref

• Tush Hog
  • Dirty, Dirty Pig Boy.
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2011, 07:10:07 PM »
I'm not sure Paul would want to return.  He left to make a name for himself out from underneath his brother's shadow.  Why would he turn tail and run home at the first sign of trouble?  If he is anything like his brother he's got too much pride, ego, drive to do that.
Pretty sure Paul is the reason the everyone at Illinois was fired. Their offense was the suck the last half of the year. Paul is not Bobby. 

Offline Tooth_Sleuth

• A Shoat
  • Coming right atcha
« Reply #72 on: December 04, 2011, 07:23:03 PM »
Pretty sure Paul is the reason the everyone at Illinois was fired. Their offense was the suck the last half of the year. Paul is not Bobby.
I am not saying he is his brother's equal in coaching skills.  Just that if he has any pride as a coach and a man he will most likely continue to try to go it on his own. 
The days of falling into a barrel of tits coming out sucking our thumb are over.

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #73 on: December 04, 2011, 09:20:33 PM »

Because Garrick proved that an OC under Petrino could actually get a HC job.  He broke the cherry of an OC under Petrino getting a HC position.  I could see him coming back unless the rumors of fistfights are true.

Offline Reo Porkwagon

• Defeating a sandwich
  • A Shoat
  • Bill Brasky is a Son Of A BItch
I found an ex on Facebook who looks like she hit the wall, then the wall fell on her, then she ate it.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.282 seconds with 21 queries.