Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2011 - 2012 Bowl Season  (Read 40272 times)

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
Re: 2011 - 2012 Bowl Season
« Reply #100 on: December 05, 2011, 10:04:14 AM »
Auburn is 25th.  Did they even outscore their opponents this year?  I know they lost by 28, 35, 24, 30ish, and 14 this year.  The team to beat them by 14 is going to a BCS bowl.

Hey hey, don't be hatin'. We lose in style.

By the way, Auburn vs Virginia in the Chik-Fil-A bowl. I'm already yawning at this one.

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #101 on: December 05, 2011, 10:35:17 AM »
Hey hey, don't be hatin'. We lose in style.

By the way, Auburn vs Virginia in the Chik-Fil-A bowl. I'm already yawning at this one.

You could do the world a favor and go, then organize beating the aMm out of every holier-than-thou UVA grad you find.  I figure that's only about 94% of the people who will show up cheering for them.

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #102 on: December 05, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
You could do the world a favor and go, then organize beating the aMm out of every holier-than-thou UVA grad you find.  I figure that's only about 94% of the people who will show up cheering for them.

I didn't realize they were such a "proper" crowd. It seems though that I have heard this elsewhere the last time Auburn played Virginia. Do they bring silverware to a tailgate?

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #103 on: December 05, 2011, 03:00:37 PM »
I didn't realize they were such a "proper" crowd. It seems though that I have heard this elsewhere the last time Auburn played Virginia. Do they bring silverware to a tailgate?

To "tailgate" implies one would eat in their vehicle, which is of course what the chauffeur does.

I met several when I lived in Atlanta; self-impressed doesn't begin to cover it.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #104 on: December 05, 2011, 03:01:15 PM »

They will let you know their school was founded by Jefferson (as in author Dec of Ind and POTUS 3) and they are the flagship school of the first British colony, "The Old Dominion".  Sniff.

Offline Biff Malibu

• Resident Asshole
  • Boar
  • In...the...FACE!
« Reply #105 on: December 05, 2011, 03:07:11 PM »
They will let you know their school was founded by Jefferson (as in author Dec of Ind and POTUS 3)

I hear he owned slaves...keep this hur tho.

Offline Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #106 on: December 05, 2011, 03:08:37 PM »
Mark Schlabach

8. Champs Sports Bowl
Florida State vs. Notre Dame
Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)
The two traditional heavyweights had disappointing records after entering the 2011 season with very high expectations. But both schools have storied traditions and have enough young talent to enter 2012 as BCS contenders. FSU won six of its last seven games; the Irish won four of their last five. The winner of this game gets a top-three preseason ranking.

That last part kind of struck me as a WTF.

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #107 on: December 05, 2011, 03:36:34 PM »

And inseminated a few.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline djsimp41

• Wild Hog
« Reply #108 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:55 PM »
To "tailgate" implies one would eat in their vehicle, which is of course what the chauffeur does.

They will let you know their school was founded by Jefferson.....Sniff.

Something tells me these English muffins are not gonna like the ATL too much.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #109 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:10 PM »
Mark Schlabach

8. Champs Sports Bowl
Florida State vs. Notre Dame
Dec. 29, 5:30 p.m. ET (ESPN)
The two traditional heavyweights had disappointing records after entering the 2011 season with very high expectations. But both schools have storied traditions and have enough young talent to enter 2012 as BCS contenders. FSU won six of its last seven games; the Irish won four of their last five. The winner of this game gets a top-three preseason ranking.

That last part kind of struck me as a WTF.

puttin schlabach on the list of dumas' working for espn,  he's been borderline for a while, but that last sentence does it.  since they ran feldman off I don't think there is anyone left on the not a dumas that works at espn list...maybe simmons.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #110 on: December 05, 2011, 04:39:23 PM »
I like Reece Davis most of the time, but he rarely has to give an opinion on anything. Maybe that's why I like him.

Offline fuentecigar

• A Shoat
« Reply #111 on: December 05, 2011, 05:51:23 PM »
       "Everybody is just very tired of the BCS," Petersen said. "I think that's the bottom line. Everybody is frustrated. Everybody doesn't really know what to do anymore. It doesn't make sense to anybody. I don't think anybody is happy anywhere.       
         The whole thing needs to be changed, there's no question about it," he said. " ... I think (change) is coming, I really do.""

I see Boise's Chris Petersen is already whining. Their one "signature" win is Georgia in the first game of the year. No doubt ESPN will chime in with agreement.

Online KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #112 on: December 05, 2011, 06:08:02 PM »
I see Boise's Chris Petersen is already whining. Their one "signature" win is Georgia in the first game of the year. No doubt ESPN will chime in with agreement.

He says he doesnt think anybodys happy, the SEC is fairly happy I would think.
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #113 on: December 05, 2011, 06:32:30 PM »
I like Reece Davis most of the time, but he rarely has to give an opinion on anything. Maybe that's why I like him.

The way he says "yard-LINE" when calling Thursday night games annoys the aMm out of me.

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #114 on: December 05, 2011, 06:48:01 PM »

Um, no?  Those stupid BCS rules are keeping more SEC teams out of the BCS bowls.   :smirey:

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #115 on: December 05, 2011, 10:14:04 PM »
Um, no?  Those stupid BCS rules are keeping more SEC teams out of the BCS bowls.   :smirey:

Would seem to make more sense to me if the top 10 in the BCS got BCS bowls, regardless of conference affiliation.  Top 1 and 2 play each other, then matchup the others as well as possible.  As it is, the qualification criteria is so screwed up that you get a West Virginia and Clemson in one BCS bowl and a Virginia Tech-Michigan matchup in another.

Prestigous BCS bowls, indeed.

Online big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #116 on: December 05, 2011, 10:20:41 PM »
Would seem to make more sense to me if the top 10 in the BCS got BCS bowls, regardless of conference affiliation.  Top 1 and 2 play each other, then matchup the others as well as possible.  As it is, the qualification criteria is so screwed up that you get a West Virginia and Clemson in one BCS bowl and a Virginia Tech-Michigan matchup in another.

Rose Bowl wants Pac v B1G.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #117 on: December 06, 2011, 07:57:54 AM »

aMm makes sense to me...  I mean, if we're going to use the BCS ranks to decide the top 2 -- which is what it was designed for -- then we should use it for the BCS bowls as well.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #118 on: December 07, 2011, 01:07:30 PM »
It's the bowl system that's messed up.  I would like it if they would rank the bowls in some form/fashion, where you don't have things like the Nebraska team who was pretty good playing a 6-6 Washington.

And I would also rather see Boise play a better team in the bowls each year.  Every year they get "screwed out of a BCS bowl" they have to play a 6-6 ASU type team.  I'd rather see them play at least a 8-4 or 9-3 team from a BCS conference.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline efd840

• A Shoat
« Reply #119 on: December 08, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

You'd think that, but the SEC's the only one that has seriously suggested change.  If the Pac 10(+2) and Big 12(-1) hadn't shiatcanned the SEC's +1 plan back in 2008, both would still have teams in the NC hunt right now.

Call it homerism if you want, but the truth is they didn't want change then (and probably don't now) because they're afraid of the SEC.   The current system is their best chance of keeping the league from total and absolute domination.  They're all pissed this year because the SEC's got the whole show anyhow.  In a plus +1 scenario (basically a 4 team playoff) the SEC would have had a representative in 11 out of the 14 years, missing only 2001, 2002, and 2005.  In three of those years, the SEC would have placed two teams in the playoffs.  The only other league that's close is the Big 10 and their success against the SEC in title games is pretty well known.

So, my advice to them is suck it biatches.    Don't like it?  Get better.  For starters Big 12, you might look up the word defense.  They're blaming the system when the evidence suggests that the SEC might well be sporting more championships if you had a playoff.

Oh, and Peterson needs to STFU.  Being the media darling doesn't mean you're actually worth a shait.  In the same 4 team playoff scenario, Boise would have exactly 0 appearances.

Offline Death By Sooiecide

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #120 on: December 13, 2011, 06:21:27 AM »
Great job New Orleans.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20111212aaa.html

BLACKSBURG - The Virginia Tech Athletics Department announced today that it has sold 9,337 of its 17,500 tickets to the 2012 Allstate Sugar Bowl.
Over the years, Virginia Tech has earned the reputation of being a football program that enjoys a strong following to bowl games. In order to maintain that recognition, the Athletics Department is asking Hokie fans that cannot make this year’s Allstate Sugar Bowl to consider purchasing proxy tickets. Tech Director of Athletics Jim Weaver, head football coach Frank Beamer, and the entire football coaching staff, will each be purchasing a pair of proxy tickets in order to support this initiative.

All proxy tickets will be distributed to military and charitable organizations. To order your proxy tickets, please log on to www.hokietickets.com or call the Athletics Ticket Office at (540) 231-6731 or 1-800 VA TECH4 (828-3244).

Online KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #121 on: December 13, 2011, 07:29:44 AM »

What i'm saying is that we've done the exact thing that the BCS has tried to keep one conference from doing. It's still not all the SEC teams that should be there but the reason is because all the conferences wanted these tie-ins to protect themselves. No one foresaw us doing what we have done and now it is biting us in the ass, so to speak.

Now the rules will be changed to stop these bowl tie-ins. The best thing is Boise's new conference will lose their claim on a BCS bowl and they will end up with 2 or 3 losses to pissy teams.
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #122 on: December 16, 2011, 12:10:26 AM »
Great job New Orleans.

http://www.hokiesports.com/football/recaps/20111212aaa.html

BLACKSBURG - The Virginia Tech Athletics Department announced today that it has sold 9,337 of its 17,500 tickets to the 2012 Allstate Sugar Bowl.
Over the years, Virginia Tech has earned the reputation of being a football program that enjoys a strong following to bowl games. In order to maintain that recognition, the Athletics Department is asking Hokie fans that cannot make this year’s Allstate Sugar Bowl to consider purchasing proxy tickets. Tech Director of Athletics Jim Weaver, head football coach Frank Beamer, and the entire football coaching staff, will each be purchasing a pair of proxy tickets in order to support this initiative.

All proxy tickets will be distributed to military and charitable organizations. To order your proxy tickets, please log on to www.hokietickets.com or call the Athletics Ticket Office at (540) 231-6731 or 1-800 VA TECH4 (828-3244).

A half-full stadium and a crappy game between two crappy teams might help get the ball rolling toward ending the idiotic restrictions on teams that qualify for BCS games.  Should be top 10 in the BCS, period.  Does anyone really think Arkansas fans wouldn't have travelled to New Orleans in droves to watch another Sugar Bowl?

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #123 on: December 16, 2011, 06:43:54 PM »
This thread needs a little attention.

Getting my 'Tater Bowl pregame under way by frying some hashbrowns with my steak.  And dranking some Fitty-Fitty, which pretty much goes with any bowl pregame.

Go, whoever is playing tomorrow!

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #124 on: December 16, 2011, 07:21:36 PM »
the offseason tastes like wild turkey.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.384 seconds with 20 queries.