Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: This should remove any lingering doubts about Jeff Long  (Read 4781 times)

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
This should remove any lingering doubts about Jeff Long
« on: December 05, 2011, 09:10:56 AM »
Arkansas Athletic Director Jeff Long is disappointed with the sideline outburst that CBS cameras caught from Coach Bobby Petrino in a 41-17 loss at LSU on Nov. 25.

But it’s not the word choice or Petrino’s actions — pointing across the field and delivering profanity in the direction of LSU’s Les Miles — that bother Long as much as the decision by CBS to show the outburst in slow motion, multiple times. Long took the network to task for its handling of the situation.

http://www.arkansassports360.com/28098/razorbacks-jeff-long-disappointed-with-cbs-for-replaying-petrino-outburst

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
Re: This should remove any lingering doubts about Jeff Long
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 09:14:51 AM »
Lessee if I can abuse a bad sports analogy.  I don't care if Mike Anderson always wanted to be head coach on the Hill and BMFP fell into his lap, you still have to catch the wide-open passes lobbed your way.  I like the attitude from Long.  :beer:

Offline Hackfuck McDouche

• With a name like Hackfuck, it has to be Good
  • King of the Hogs
  • Can I have YOUR vote? And a hot dog?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 09:16:29 AM »
you still have to catch the wide-open passes lobbed your way.

But enough about Georgia's first half against LSU....

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 09:17:19 AM »
Outstandus maximus
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 09:21:22 AM »
Long is on to something here. 

You know what, CBS is a joke.  Gary and Verne are a fricking joke.  Dumbass cocksuckers; all agenda and no talent.  After watching the other 'championship' games this weekend, it is now clear to me that the SEC needs to push CBS to improve their broadcasts.  We're the premier league with bush-league TV when on CBS. 
THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Implores you bitches to just accept the unyielding, planet-crushing black hole karma of Razorback Football.

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • Hates all things Auburn
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 09:30:17 AM »
AD - JMFL

Already Pissed ESPN off by hiring Petrino
Now Pisses off CBS

Keep up the good work we don't need the bastards.  FOX is broadcasting the Cotton Bowl anyway.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »
Long is on to something here. 

You know what, CBS is a joke.  Gary and Verne are a fricking joke.  Dumbass cocksuckers; all agenda and no talent.  After watching the other 'championship' games this weekend, it is now clear to me that the SEC needs to push CBS to improve their broadcasts.  We're the premier league with bush-league TV when on CBS. 

Watching the UGA-LSU game with the wife, it became clear:

Gary and Verne are worse than Dick Vitale.  Vitale has Duke's cock buried at tonsil depth, but he's consistent with that.  Gary and Verne, on the other hand, are going to fellate whichever team is higher ranked.  Beyond that, they do the same schtick of how great the individual players are as people, or how great the team is, without paying attention. 

As a result, they're completely unprepared to discuss whatever team happens to be playing the higher ranked side: get the names right?  Meh, don't have time for that, let's kick it down to Tracy to drink some purple drank reserved for Cam Newton.  Call a play as it's happening on the field?  That would get in the way of talking about funny nicknames for the players.  Get the idiots in the production trailer to show a slo-mo replay of an important play within, I don't know, 30 minutes of it occurring?  How would that leave us time for lingering sideline shots of Mathieu's garbage fire of a hairdo?

Oh, and I forgot Verne's special love for affecting a French Cajun accent whenever possible when an LSU game is on, so he can announce the name of LSU's one swamp rat-eating coonass player in what he deems the "proper" style.  Jesus H Christ, I swear I'm rewiring the house this off-season so that I can a) listen to Sirius/XM broadcasts throughout and b) setting up an old PC and loading it up with that software you can use to delay a radio broadcast so that it syncs with the television.

I used to be really stoked to be on CBS, but their new intro (where we make an appearance for approximately 1/10th of a second, and the Alabama "players" are wearing Houston Cougars pants) is a clarion call to stay the frick away from this broadcast, as it's a sign of the train wreck that is to come.  The music now triggers the shits in me; guess it's good for constipation.

Offline Pork Soda

• ...Tapenade
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 09:39:33 AM »
But enough about Georgia's first half against LSU....

And our first half against tOSU. :suicide:

Oh, and I forgot Verne's special love for affecting a French Cajun accent whenever possible when an LSU game is on, so he can announce the name of LSU's one swamp rat-eating coonass player in what he deems the "proper" style.

First time I heard that retard say Alleman, I thought he had just had a stroke on-air, Tommy Smiff-style. 

And while we're ranting about coonasses and corndogs, can everyone please stop referring to that other piece of aMm as a honey badger?  I hate when anyone gives themselves a nickname, but that cocky shithead takes the cake.  I'm waiting for someone to bury his ass on a punt return.  Too bad Breeding didn't get to slam his ass to the ground like he did earlier in the season.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 09:49:27 AM »
he's known in the woopig vernacular as the weed badger. 
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 09:58:03 AM »
setting up an old PC and loading it up with that software you can use to delay a radio broadcast so that it syncs with the television.

Do you know how to do this using a lazy man's/cheapskate's method?  If so, please share.

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 10:04:06 AM »
Do you know how to do this using a lazy man's/cheapskate's method?  If so, please share.

Those two words are not in Alpharetta's vocab.  Take that how you want. 

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »

If you retired at 42 with a Georgia Tech degree, this should be about as difficult as getting diarrhea after a trip to the Congo.

But, seriously, because I care:

http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/

Offline Razor B

• Tush Hog
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 10:25:51 AM »
I used to be really stoked to be on CBS, but their new intro (where we make an appearance for approximately 1/10th of a second, and the Alabama "players" are wearing Houston Cougars pants) is a clarion call to stay the frick away from this broadcast, as it's a sign of the train wreck that is to come.  The music now triggers the shits in me; guess it's good for constipation.

Your eyes are better than mine.  I still can't find Arkansas in the intro, but I did notice the cougar pants.  The new theme sucks too.  Even though the old one sounds like CBS Storybreak from the 80's, it always made me think of football.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 10:33:42 AM »
Your eyes are better than mine.  I still can't find Arkansas in the intro, but I did notice the cougar pants.  The new theme sucks too.  Even though the old one sounds like CBS Storybreak from the 80's, it always made me think of football.

I think it's the very first thing, and it's just a t-shirt.  I got drunk one weekend and rewound it to make sure we were even mentioned.  I believe it was changed halfway through the season, because I'm convinced we weren't in it during the first couple of weeks.  Like, "oh aMm we forgot one of these 12 teams because we were so busy putting in 4 shots of South Carolina and 14 of LSU/Alabama."

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 10:46:11 AM »
If you retired at 42 with a Georgia Tech degree, this should be about as difficult as getting diarrhea after a trip to the Congo.

But, seriously, because I care:

http://www.daansystems.com/radiodelay/

True, but even Foxworthy knows more about rednecks than digital systems these days.  Thanks for the info.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2011, 11:10:41 AM »
I don't know what is more annoying, CBS in either NFL or college football or FOX trying to do college with that ghey football robot icon flashing on the screen every 15 seconds promoting House or some aMm.

It won't happen until Vern gets a massive stroke, but I do agree CBS really fricked the dog by not putting Gus Johnson in there with some decent co-chair and get rid of Vern and that other annoying SOB.

What's even worse is Andre Ware doing SEC games with whatever buttfucker he's doing it with. So basically I'm not really satisfied with anything other than maybe Todd's taste of the town guy and his crew...that's at least somewhat tolerable.

And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2011, 11:13:18 AM »
Watching the UGA-LSU game with the wife, it became clear:

Gary and Verne are worse than Dick Vitale.  Vitale has Duke's cock buried at tonsil depth, but he's consistent with that.  Gary and Verne, on the other hand, are going to fellate whichever team is higher ranked.  Beyond that, they do the same schtick of how great the individual players are as people, or how great the team is, without paying attention. 

As a result, they're completely unprepared to discuss whatever team happens to be playing the higher ranked side: get the names right?  Meh, don't have time for that, let's kick it down to Tracy to drink some purple drank reserved for Cam Newton.  Call a play as it's happening on the field?  That would get in the way of talking about funny nicknames for the players.  Get the idiots in the production trailer to show a slo-mo replay of an important play within, I don't know, 30 minutes of it occurring?  How would that leave us time for lingering sideline shots of Mathieu's garbage fire of a hairdo?

Oh, and I forgot Verne's special love for affecting a French Cajun accent whenever possible when an LSU game is on, so he can announce the name of LSU's one swamp rat-eating coonass player in what he deems the "proper" style.  Jesus H Christ, I swear I'm rewiring the house this off-season so that I can a) listen to Sirius/XM broadcasts throughout and b) setting up an old PC and loading it up with that software you can use to delay a radio broadcast so that it syncs with the television.

Even the Cowboys' radio commentators during the Cardinal game were sucking off the corndogs. Since Marcus Spears (Dallas) and Patrick Peterson (Arizona) both played for LSWho? and were playing against each other, they had to point out that there were LSWho? players on the field. It was sickening, none the less. 

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2011, 11:15:29 AM »
I don't know what is more annoying, CBS in either NFL or college football or FOX trying to do college with that ghey football robot icon flashing on the screen every 15 seconds promoting House or some aMm.

It won't happen until Vern gets a massive stroke, but I do agree CBS really fricked the dog by not putting Gus Johnson in there with some decent co-chair and get rid of Vern and that other annoying SOB.

What's even worse is Andre Ware doing SEC games with whatever buttfucker he's doing it with. So basically I'm not really satisfied with anything other than maybe Todd's taste of the town guy and his crew...that's at least somewhat tolerable.

And the best play by play guy in the country Ron Franklin apparently can't get a job because he made a smartass remark.  Amazing to me what's considered forgiveable and what isn't.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline shithead

• Tush Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2011, 01:40:50 PM »
And the best play by play guy in the country Ron Franklin apparently can't get a job because he made a smartass remark.  Amazing to me what's considered forgiveable and what isn't.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2011, 02:12:18 PM »
Didn't Franklin do PBP or something for Texas?

Hire him and relegate Chuckles to the Dollar Tree.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2011, 02:23:46 PM »

Dear Sir,
How dare you malign my name by associating that jackoff with me. My stores strive to uphold the highest quality and standard akin to other fine retail establishments such as Dillard's and Macy's. To be clear, Mr. Barrett would be much better suited lugging aMm barrels at Port a Potty, Inc.
Sincerely,
The Dollar Tree
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2011, 02:47:35 PM »

Hiring Chuck Barrett would set the Dollar Tree back twenty years. 

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2011, 02:53:09 PM »
Hiring Chuck Barrett would set the Dollar Tree back twenty years.
So they would change to the $0.62 store?
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2011, 05:03:34 PM »
I'm glad people are on board with my "Fire Chuck Barrett into the sun; hire a competent announcer" campaign.

Now, off to really make this thing kick into gear:  Gotta find myself an online petition and post it over at Hogville!

Offline Nukinhawg

• Pop country inspires me...to listen to Waylon
  • Tush Hog
  • Yep
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2011, 06:02:09 PM »
I'm glad people are on board with my "Fire Chuck Barrett into the sun; hire a competent announcer" campaign.

Now, off to really make this thing kick into gear:  Gotta find myself an online petition and post it over at Hogville!

That sumbitch needs to only do the one thing in which he is somewhat decent...baseball (as long as Sunshine goes away).

Do I have to do anything special to get on this campaign committee?  I have already visited the screen door twice.
You can not imagine how difficult it is to hold a half gallon of moo juice and polish the one-eyed gopher when your doin' seventy-five in an eighteen-wheeler

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.336 seconds with 20 queries.