Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Three transferring from Baseball team  (Read 2469 times)

Offline TulsaHawg

• Embraces the Idiot
  • Tush Hog
  • "Long live Lanny!"
Three transferring from Baseball team
« on: December 05, 2011, 02:46:00 PM »
Kyles Atkins, Franco Broyles, and Jacob Rice are all leaving.

http://blogs.nwaonline.com/slophouse/2011/12/05/three-to-transfer-from-diamond-hogs/

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
Re: Three transferring from Baseball team
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2011, 02:50:59 PM »

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2011, 03:11:00 PM »
Is this good or bad?
I totally yielded.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2011, 03:12:40 PM »
need charlies expertise on this, but broyles played pretty good at times last year
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2011, 03:22:27 PM »
Is this good or bad?

according to the link, broyles hit the best, 242 in 20 games.  The rest were very meh.  all were used sparingly, & the roster is at 51, has to be trimmed to 35.
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2011, 03:25:08 PM »
Offended by Petrino's cursing.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2011, 03:27:43 PM »
Offended by Petrino's cursing.

We should put together a thread with all the horrible things Bobby Petrino has done.  Maybe call it All The Bad Things Bobby Petrino is Responsible For.  I don't know, just a thought.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline notaslibro

• Super Mod
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • They buy me nice school clothes.
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2011, 03:30:58 PM »
We should put together a thread with all the horrible things Bobby Petrino has done.  Maybe call it All The Bad Things Bobby Petrino is Responsible For.  I don't know, just a thought.

The Transgressions of Robert Petrino, Sr.?

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2011, 03:37:59 PM »
according to the link, broyles hit the best, 242 in 20 games.  The rest were very meh.  all were used sparingly, & the roster is at 51, has to be trimmed to 35.

And the OF is pretty crowded.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
  • Stirke First, Strike Hard, Show No Mercy
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2011, 03:52:11 PM »
I love DVH, but that was a bush league move he pulled on Franco last season, pulling him after he swung at a bad pitch.  Obviously, it isn't the reason for the transfer, or it would have happened during the summer time.

I've gotten to learn a lot about the inner workings of our coaching staff this past year.  I have been guilty of putting the blame on Butler for some of our hitting woes.  Butler is more responsible for recruiting than he is hitting.  While Butler plays a vital role in coaching our hitters, DVH is the person most responsible for out hitting success and failures. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline likeupthisramp

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2011, 04:09:24 PM »
Butler is more responsible for recruiting than he is hitting.  While Butler plays a vital role in coaching our hitters, DVH is the person most responsible for out hitting success and failures.
Due to the scholarship limitations and how good the SEC is, SEC baseball coaches have to be almost ruthless when it comes to making the #'s work out. It stinks, but, there just is not enough room to keep recruiting misevaluations around.  But, the kids all know the realities of it.

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2011, 04:19:12 PM »
I love DVH, but that was a bush league move he pulled on Franco last season, pulling him after he swung at a bad pitch. 

Could it be that DVH had been working with him on that particular pitch and Franco's desire to swing at it in practice?  Coaches have a way of punishing those that work against themselves and thereby the team. 

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
Due to the scholarship limitations and how good the SEC is, SEC baseball coaches have to be almost ruthless when it comes to making the #'s work out. It stinks, but, there just is not enough room to keep recruiting misevaluations around.  But, the kids all know the realities of it.

I understand that completely and I am not bitching about any of these kids transferring or being cut.  DVH is very upfront with the kids that they recruit.  All of the kids are told that they will be bringing in someone to take their job the next year.  They are also all told that their scholarship money if for 3 years.  You can play your senior year, but most of the time it is on your own dime.  All of that depends on how badly they were hit by the draft and how much money they have left to give out. 
I got the glory, got the fame, the money, the jewels, the cash, the denali, getting drunk on the reg. fricking good times on the reg, yachts on the reg, sex on the reg, basically all the aMm men fantasize about.

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2011, 04:33:18 PM »
Could it be that DVH had been working with him on that particular pitch and Franco's desire to swing at it in practice?  Coaches have a way of punishing those that work against themselves and thereby the team.

The only justification would be if he swung through a take sign, especially if it was a multiple offense.  IIRC, DVH said with that swing he wasn't ever going to hit the ball so he pulled him.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2011, 05:35:16 PM »
The Transgressions of Robert Petrino, Sr.?

Nah. The Much-Worse-Than-Merely-Peccadilloes of Coach Robert Petrino, Sr.

Offline CharlieHog

• Fanboy
  • King of the Hogs
    • Hog Nation
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2011, 02:14:50 PM »
from Kendall Rogers:

BREAKING: Dane Phillips final transfer appeal to #Arkansas denied by #NCAA. Headed to NAIA Oklahoma City U.

Offline Hogs Smell Good

• Wild Hog
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2011, 03:02:27 PM »
Kyles Atkins, Franco Broyles, and Jacob Rice are all leaving.

Does this guy get free drinks on Dickson St?

Offline PorkRyan

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2011, 04:04:44 PM »
from Kendall Rogers:

BREAKING: Dane Phillips final transfer appeal to #Arkansas denied by #NCAA. Headed to NAIA Oklahoma City U.

That sucks, but was expected I guess.  I didn't realize how big of a pro prospect he was. 

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2011, 04:51:58 PM »
The three guys transferring...it's nothing to be bothered about.  It is what it is.  There was no room for them and that's the way college baseball works. 

:wpsball:

from Kendall Rogers:

This is annoying.  This guy transferred here in mid august and said it was because he "couldn't major in what he wanted to at OSU."  So, the coaches and the team jump through hoops and let him join the team because he is a great ballplayer (hitter especially).  The University made appeals for him to be immediately eligible because his major etc.  Then when he gets denied a second time he transfers to a juco.  So, he was here less than a semester! 

Offline Boondock Hogs

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2011, 04:56:26 PM »
This is annoying.  This guy transferred here in mid august and said it was because he "couldn't major in what he wanted to at OSU."  So, the coaches and the team jump through hoops and let him join the team because he is a great ballplayer (hitter especially).  The University made appeals for him to be immediately eligible because his major etc.  Then when he gets denied a second time he transfers to a juco.  So, he was here less than a semester!

Yeah.

It is what it is....and that's the way college baseball works. 

Offline cotte

• Woopig Softballah - SS, #11
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #20 on: December 06, 2011, 04:58:58 PM »
I seem to remember Broyles and lots of k's. Then again, I could be completely making that up.
We're going to pick em up when they come off the damn bus. We gonna guard people.
Mike Anderson - March 26th, 2011

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.261 seconds with 20 queries.