Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Cotton Bowl Hotel info  (Read 2138 times)

Offline Mutual of Omahog

• Lustrous Potentate and Shocker Administrator
  • Wild Hog
Cotton Bowl Hotel info
« on: December 06, 2011, 12:45:29 PM »
Sorry if there is already another thread on this, but can a woopigger help me with some hotel suggestions for the night of the game?

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
Re: Cotton Bowl Hotel info
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2011, 01:00:48 PM »
Sorry if there is already another thread on this, but can a woopigger help me with some hotel suggestions for the night of the game?

Seriously?  There are like 100 hotels in about a 5 mile range of Cowboys Stadium.  What's your price range?  How close do you wanna be?  Do you require a Denny's next door?

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2011, 01:02:08 PM »
Seriously?  There are like 100 hotels in about a 5 mile range of Cowboys Stadium.  What's your price range?  How close do you wanna be?  Do you require a Denny's next door?

I require a strip club next to mine.

Offline Mutual of Omahog

• Wild Hog
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2011, 01:10:21 PM »
Alright look here you freaky little ginger, I asked nicely!!  Price range is less than $150.00 for the night, and I just don't want it to be in a seedy neighborhood.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2011, 01:12:51 PM »
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g30183-Arlington_Texas-Hotels.html#T_CAT_HOTEL_MOTEL

Don't worry about location, the city uses all that tax money to keep the poor folk out.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2011, 01:15:31 PM »
Alright look here you freaky little ginger, I asked nicely!!  Price range is less than $150.00 for the night, and I just don't want it to be in a seedy neighborhood.

Well, less than $150 a night for that weekend NEAR the stadium is going to be pretty tight.  We usually stay in the Hilton Garden Inn for the SWC each year but they're wanting $249 a night for that weekend.  And it's probably sold out by now.  I honestly don't think you can go wrong in that area.  We've stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott too.  It's a little older hotel but not bad.  There aren't a lot of seedy areas near the stadium from what I remember but then again, I haven't lived there.  We're actually gonna stay all the way up in Grapevine because we're not arriving til the day of the game and are going to do some shopping and etc. that Saturday at Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shops. 

Offline Mutual of Omahog

• Wild Hog
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2011, 01:18:42 PM »
Well, less than $150 a night for that weekend NEAR the stadium is going to be pretty tight.  We usually stay in the Hilton Garden Inn for the SWC each year but they're wanting $249 a night for that weekend.  And it's probably sold out by now.  I honestly don't think you can go wrong in that area.  We've stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott too.  It's a little older hotel but not bad.  There aren't a lot of seedy areas near the stadium from what I remember but then again, I haven't lived there.  We're actually gonna stay all the way up in Grapevine because we're not arriving til the day of the game and are going to do some shopping and etc. that Saturday at Grapevine Mills Mall and Bass Pro Shops.
I saw some in Grapevine as well, how far is that from the stadium?

Offline Rick B.

• Wild Hog
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2011, 01:23:32 PM »

I will not say GOOGLE MOTHERTRUCKER but I'll say this:  It's about 15 miles directly north on 360.  MINUS heavy traffic, it's really only about a 20 minute drive from Grapevine to the stadium.  With traffic, well, a drive from just about ANYWHERE will take longer than 20 minutes to get to the stadium.  Even a drive from a mile away. 

After the SWC, we drove up to the Gaylord Texan to hang out in their sports bar which is by far one of the best I've ever been to.  Took me right at 30 minutes to get there, get parked, and get inside to the bar.  Of course, we did wait for about 30 minutes after the game to leave the parking lot at CS.

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2011, 01:28:58 PM »

The technical term is "a fricking hike".  That's some traffic to go through, too.

Offline bogey7

• Boar
  • Pick-up Stix Champion
« Reply #9 on: December 06, 2011, 05:31:09 PM »
Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Garland for the 2000 Cotton Bowl & it was $50/night.  Pretty nice and filled with Hogs fans. 
Never waste a hard-on, and never trust a fart.

Offline pulled pork butt

• A Shoat
  • "we didn't come to paint"
« Reply #10 on: December 06, 2011, 05:41:19 PM »
I can tell you what I do and me and the family make multiple trips to Arlington each year. I always get a hotel in Irving because the prices are much more reasonable especially on weekends with DFW being there. Travel is very easy as it typically takes only 15-20 minutes to get to the stadium.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #11 on: December 06, 2011, 06:55:00 PM »
FYI - traffic south of Grapevine and north of DFW airport has been a clusterfuck of epic proportions recently due to road work. This is where 635,121 and 114 meet. Even 183 south of the airport is under heavy work.
Not saying it will be a big problem in 4 weeks but I would definitely check the ebays for some real time traffic updates before rolling thru that part of town or plan an extra 45 minutes on to drive to be safe.
Updating brand identity to provide clarity, establish credibility and motivate more active and loyal supporters and champions all in the name of evolutionary brand identity since 2014.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2011, 08:09:44 PM »
Does the team still stay at the Hyatt?

I stayed there last Cotton Bowl and it was fine, but i think it's a good hike from the new venue.  I started a thread about getting burgalized right before that trip.  I am laying in wait for them motherfuckers this year.
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2011, 12:35:37 AM »
Stayed at a Holiday Inn Express in Garland for the 2000 Cotton Bowl & it was $50/night.  Pretty nice and filled with Hogs fans.

They moved the game 20 miles West, though.

Offline jacobp

• A Shoat
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2011, 01:03:41 PM »
We're staying at a Howard Johnson in Arlington, its around $145 a night I believe...
shuttle to and from the game, as well.

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2011, 02:54:30 PM »

www.priceline.com

You think I'm shitting you, but you can go on here, select the part of the city you want, and get a 4 star for less than $100, guaranteed (by me, not priceline).  Hotwire works well, too.  Hotels that partner with these places have to keep some available for these sites, even if they go cheaper.

Brought to you by the price chopper.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline 1st_down_streak

• Like Teats on a
  • Boar
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2011, 03:09:09 PM »
www.priceline.com

You think I'm shitting you, but you can go on here, select the part of the city you want, and get a 4 star for less than $100, guaranteed (by me, not priceline).  Hotwire works well, too.  Hotels that partner with these places have to keep some available for these sites, even if they go cheaper.

Brought to you by the price chopper.
If you are going that route go here for Priceline -
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=546&
or here for Hotwire -
http://www.betterbidding.com/index.php?showtopic=544&
and text search for Arlington.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #17 on: December 08, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »
I will not say GOOGLE MOTHERTRUCKER but I'll say this:  It's about 15 miles directly north on 360.  MINUS heavy traffic, it's really only about a 20 minute drive from Grapevine to the stadium.  With traffic, well, a drive from just about ANYWHERE will take longer than 20 minutes to get to the stadium.  Even a drive from a mile away. 

After the SWC, we drove up to the Gaylord Texan to hang out in their sports bar which is by far one of the best I've ever been to.  Took me right at 30 minutes to get there, get parked, and get inside to the bar.  Of course, we did wait for about 30 minutes after the game to leave the parking lot at CS.

The current 121 DFW Connector in Grapevine is the end all be all of DFW traffic clusterfucks right now to be avoided at all costs.

If you want to stay there to hit up Grapevine Mills, that's cool.  I do like the Outlet Mall in Allen way better and the new Bass Pro Shop on Lake Ray Hubbard is pretty kickass.  Just be aware that it can take you 30 or 45 min to get through that mess.

I might even get a map and cut through Colleyville and take Industrial through Euless and it turns into Collins in Arlington and takes you to the stadium.  This is the way all of the people I work with in Arlington get home to Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake.

There are plenty of good hotel deals in Irving and south Arlington (both 10 min away) that will be very reasonable and $150 should easily fit in that.  Just not the immediate stadium vicinity in North Arlington.  You can get from downtown Dallas or Ft Worth to the stadium in 15-20 min as well.

Offline likeupthisramp

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #18 on: January 03, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
Any tips on last minute reservations?  Or, the Anatole seems to have rooms left, is it easy enough to grab a shuttle or cab from there?

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #19 on: January 03, 2012, 01:38:19 PM »
The current 121 DFW Connector in Grapevine is the end all be all of DFW traffic clusterfucks right now to be avoided at all costs.

If you want to stay there to hit up Grapevine Mills, that's cool.  I do like the Outlet Mall in Allen way better and the new Bass Pro Shop on Lake Ray Hubbard is pretty kickass.  Just be aware that it can take you 30 or 45 min to get through that mess.

I might even get a map and cut through Colleyville and take Industrial through Euless and it turns into Collins in Arlington and takes you to the stadium.  This is the way all of the people I work with in Arlington get home to Colleyville/Grapevine/Southlake.

So if I'm swinging west on Geo. Bush, then south toward Grand Parie on Bush/161, I'll never have to deal with this "121 DFW Connector" mess, si?

Also, my highly placed sources in Sunnyvale tell me that Geo. Bush is now open at I-30 at the Lake.  If true, that should shave a few minutes for those coming into town on I-30 and staying in the Richardson, Addison, Plano area.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline snoots

• Tush Hog
  • "Get them to sign on the line which is dotted"
« Reply #20 on: January 03, 2012, 01:45:03 PM »
I require a strip club next to mine.

This will put you right next door to Playmates.  Bring your own gun, they don't rent them.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/best-western-great-southwest-inn-arlington

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2012, 12:31:18 PM »
So if I'm swinging west on Geo. Bush, then south toward Grand Parie on Bush/161, I'll never have to deal with this "121 DFW Connector" mess, si?

Also, my highly placed sources in Sunnyvale tell me that Geo. Bush is now open at I-30 at the Lake.  If true, that should shave a few minutes for those coming into town on I-30 and staying in the Richardson, Addison, Plano area.

Correct.

Bush/161 is the greatest thing that ever happened for those going from North Dallas and Plano to Arlington and vice versa. No traffic at all, smooth as can be.  They are still finishing the interchange with I-30 but there's no delays there.

On the latter, yes it definitely would save a little time vs going 635.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.255 seconds with 20 queries.