Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Week 17 NFL Thread  (Read 4080 times)

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
Re: Week 17 NFL Thread
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2012, 10:20:29 PM »
Guess who calls the plays?

doesn't matter, playcalling is overrated

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2012, 10:22:15 PM »
Newman, Sensabaugh, and Scandrick have been beaten like rented mules tonight, all night.

Not sure why Newman's holding his arm or wrist.  It's his jock he should be worried about.  He just wants to get on TV for something other than being burned.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2012, 10:22:53 PM »
Guess who calls the plays?

I know who normally calls plays but I also know romo can call plays in a hurry-up situation.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2012, 10:26:47 PM »
What are the chances of Rob Ryan keeping his job next year?  I know Garrett will still be the coach, regardless of how overmatched he is, and Romo will still be the QB, regardless of how overrated he is.  But someone's got to be the scapegoat. 

Offline bigghurtt

• An elder statesman of nonsense, if you will.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2012, 10:27:36 PM »
AFC: No. 5 Pittsburgh Steelers (12-4) at No. 4 Denver Broncos (8-8), 4:30 p.m. ET (CBS)

I think I speak for most of Steeler Nation when I say "tee hee".
This next post was made by a real dumbass.

Offline Fairweather Hog Fan

• Boar
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2012, 10:35:42 PM »
Green Gay and New English in the Super Bowl. Keep this here.
Ender of threads!

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2012, 10:41:51 PM »
I think I speak for most of Steeler Nation when I say "tee hee".
I hope your boys turn tebow into a satanist.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2012, 10:46:35 PM »
Stewart Mandel tweeted "Let me get this straight - people are ok with the Bengals getting to play for the championship of their sport, but are upset that Bama is getting the chance to play for theirs."  Or words to that effect.

This was a mercy killing tonight.  Dallas was going to be one-and-done in the playoffs regardless of who they played.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2012, 10:49:19 PM »
I hope your boys turn tebow into a satanist.

Tomlin said it's possible Mendhenall tore his ACL. If true, we won't make it past the divisional round.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2012, 11:02:46 PM »
Read another Tweet tonight:

"Just watched a new episode of 'Hoarders' - guy spent billions on a house then filled it with crap - wait, that's the Cowboys' game"

:thumbup:

Offline TexZilla

• Boar
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2012, 09:21:39 AM »
Rob doesn't have an aging o line or a heartless rb.  His brother Rex does. 

Rob has a shitty defense in Dallas.

a Freudian slip, probably a predictor that Rob would make the mistake of keeping Toast Newman in the game.  I am hoping he did this to try to make Jerry see that Newman is a piece of aMm, gutless as he is stupid, and should have been cut in the lockerroom last night.

I cant believe the hate on Romo after his play this season.  His early season mistakes I blame on his absence from the game for nearly a year and the lockout.  His play the second half of the season has been excellent, his ratings have been excellent, and his decisions spot on.  Romo has been the difference in making this 4-12 team acheive its lofty 8-8 record.

Jerry has on offense a QB and two nice RBs, a FB, a TE and one WR, a raw OT that barring injury will anchor the left side for fifteen years.  On defense, a future HoF OLB, a solid ILB, and a studly NT.  A solid long snapper, a PK and punter.  The rest of the team is hasbeens, neverwases, and potential.  They made a mistake in not signing Gurode to a one year deal to anchor the middle while the rest of the line learned the ropes.

Newman should have never been given a second contract; his lack of guts has been well know for years but was hidden behind the more showy failures of Roy Williams (db) and PacMan; cut him today.  Brooking and James are slow and old, and never played on winning teams.  Jenkins is a puthy, Scandrick bites on the cut every time.  Sensabaugh was resigned eventhough he is a moron.

On offense, the Oline has to be fixed and healthy. Kosier ripped his MCL last night and that will probably do him for good.  Bennett needs to go, and Bryant needs to be put in a home somewhere.

Coaches:  I am not a fan of Garrett.  He carried a clipboard for his career, and he overanalyzes everything to the point of paralysis.  He has no touch for the game situation, especially the role of field position and the clock, and is abysmal in understanding personnel and matchups.  He is a rookie HC, and is not going anywhere.  I doubt Jerry will send Ryan away either after only one season and the lockout.  Hudson Houck needs to go; his techniques is from the 90s using elephants and is not suited to the athletic lineman game.  John Garrett and Wes Phillips need to go.  Dave Campo is the secondary coach and is a buffoon; Jerry loves him and feels guilty for firing him.  Retire him.  Brett Maxie has to go.  the strength and conditioning coaches should be fired as well.  Bad hamstrings and epidemic groin pulls are their fault.

Jerry, look in the mirror and fire and promote yourself.  No one could ask for a better owner.  No owner would accept these results from his GM.  Promote Stephen and let him run football operations and personnel. Hire a veteran coach like Dan Reeves to come in and advise Garrett from an exec position and instill toughness and brains. We are rebuilding again.

Rant over.  Shooting Romo would not fix this team, even if they replaced him with Otto Graham or Sammy Baugh.

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 09:41:21 AM »
Shooting Romo would not fix this team, even if they replaced him with Otto Graham or Sammy Baugh.

Both of those guys are dead.

Which means they'd be only slightly worse decision makers than Romo.

Romo is smoke and mirrors.  I don't know how he does it, but it's going to be hard to get me to agree that he's an elite quarterback.  He's serviceable, but he's not a guy that will ever win a Super Bowl.  He just does too many dumb things in critical situations.  Several of their losses this year can be blamed directly on his inability to take care of the football with a lead in the 4th quarter.   He's tough as a $3 steak, certainly, but being tough is only a part of the package.  Romo doesn't have it between the ears, which no amount of coaching is going to change at this point.

Just my opinion, of course.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »
I was right on Tony Romo 5 years ago and am still right today.  He's dumb, he's impulsive and he is not an NFL franchise QB.  I'm not a Cowboys fan so none of it matters to me but that is what I think of the guy.

I think Jerry Jones is a damn good owner.  He spends the money; the problem is he needs to practice less Steinbrenner management and use the resources that are already available to him.  The mention above of bringing in a guy like Dan Reeves would be a brilliant move.  It is hard to win in the NFL.  To do so, you have to have guys that remember that it is about the team and somehow shut out the constant ass kissing and media over-hype. 

The NY Giants of 2005 or so were exactly like this Cowboys organization - a constant string of self promoted "all stars" like Tiki Barber and Jeremy Shockey and the constant let downs.  No matter what Cowboys fans want to believe, the minute Jerry brought in a maniac like Terrell Owens and the fans swallowed it up to make him one of "their guys" - well, that was a bad shift in Cowboy culture.

They need to get back to becoming an NFL football team and spend less time trying to market themselves as a Hollywood vehicle. 

Offline aNiMaL

• Soap with a prize inside!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2012, 10:01:28 AM »
Both of those guys are dead.

Which means they'd be only slightly worse decision makers than Romo.

Romo is smoke and mirrors.  I don't know how he does it, but it's going to be hard to get me to agree that he's an elite quarterback.  He's serviceable, but he's not a guy that will ever win a Super Bowl.  He just does too many dumb things in critical situations.  Several of their losses this year can be blamed directly on his inability to take care of the football with a lead in the 4th quarter.   He's tough as a $3 steak, certainly, but being tough is only a part of the package.  Romo doesn't have it between the ears, which no amount of coaching is going to change at this point.

Just my opinion, of course.

Trade Romo to the Colts for Manning and his broke neck...might get a few years out of him. Both the Eagles and Cowboys are way overrated most years, yet the media continues to go ass to mouth with their coverage.
I totally yielded.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2012, 10:11:00 AM »
The Eagles are going to be fricked for a couple of years.  They tied themselves to Vick and you can't hardly find a more racially polarizing figure for a town with it's own infighting fanbase like Philly.  Just like the Broncos are going to struggle culturally with this Tebow and religion thing to do what they must do, the Eagles are going to struggle with the Vick carnival.    Jim Mora was right from the start with that guy.

It's really amusing to watch the off season hand wringing and soap operas that are going to happen in D.C., Dallas, Philly and San Diego. 

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2012, 10:21:50 AM »
the minute Jerry brought in a maniac like Terrell Owens 
this was the exact minute i went from fan to hater
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2012, 11:14:34 AM »
Tampa Bay just fired Raheem Morris.

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
Week 17 NFL Thread
« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2012, 11:17:21 AM »
They got rid of the whole staff. 

Rams let gm and coach go

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
Tampa Bay just fired Raheem Morris.

A causality of the nfl lockout, the Bucs looked to be a promising team but fell flat out of the gates this season with a bunch of guys that clearly didn't get themselves ready. That is my take anyway.

I totally yielded.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 12:52:19 PM »
Posted on Facebook with the caption "If the Cowboys General Manager was fired tomorrow?... How many NFL teams would interview him for a job??!?!?!?"

Offline 501 Boyz

• Boar
Week 17 NFL Thread
« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 01:47:02 PM »
Polian's (Bill and Chris) out at Indy

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 01:54:08 PM »
I was right on Tony Romo 5 years ago and am still right today. 

You were wrong on Cutler being better than Peyton Manning though. 

Sorry, I promised I was going to let it go but if you're going to pontificate on how smart you were on Romo I'm going to bring up your Cutler prediction as well.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 01:55:58 PM »
It's really amusing to watch the off season hand wringing and soap operas that are going to happen in D.C., Dallas, Philly and San Diego and Denver

8-)

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 03:57:37 PM »
Polian's (Bill and Chris) out at Indy

I wonder how this effects the draft choices?  Do they go after a replacement for Manning or not?

Offline aNiMaL

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 04:07:17 PM »
I wonder how this effects the draft choices?  Do they go after a replacement for Manning or not?

Irsay is still said to be in favor of keeping Manning. If Manning is cleared to play he still only has about two or three seasons in the tank...all the while this is clearly a team in full rebuild mode. They have a lot of older guys that are under performing, I'm betting most of the cast is cut or traded. The Colts could attempt to open the pocket book to sign some merks to surround Manning, they should start with an o line and running back.
I totally yielded.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 20 queries.