Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2013 BCS Championship Odds  (Read 2545 times)

Offline hoggybones

• Tush Hog
  • animated bones
2013 BCS Championship Odds
« on: January 06, 2012, 11:11:40 AM »

Caesar's Palace odds for next year,

Arkansas at 5.

4 of the top 6 are from the SEC

LSU 3-1
USC 6-1
Alabama 7-1
Oregon 9-1
Arkansas 12-1
Georgia 15-1
Florida State 18-1
Oklahoma 18-1
Virginia Tech 18-1
Michigan 18-1

http://beyondthebets.com/2012/01/04/caesars-palace-releases-2013-college-football-bcs-national-championship-futures-odds/

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
Re: 2013 BCS Championship Odds
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 11:38:23 AM »
Caesar's Palace odds for next year,

Arkansas at 5.

4 of the top 6 are from the SEC

LSU 3-1
USC 6-1
Alabama 7-1
Oregon 9-1
Arkansas 12-1
Georgia 15-1
Florida State 18-1
Oklahoma 18-1
Virginia Tech 18-1
Michigan 18-1

http://beyondthebets.com/2012/01/04/caesars-palace-releases-2013-college-football-bcs-national-championship-futures-odds/

USC really?

Online Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 12:01:41 PM »
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Zoso

• Claims to have met Duckman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 12:05:52 PM »
USC really?

They got that boy that throws the ball coming back.

Offline BigDavis

• Squirrel hater
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 12:29:39 PM »
Do you watch football?

I don't watch the pac 12 and I thought they would be hurting from the probation by now.

Offline Hawg Heffner

• A Shoat
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 12:37:55 PM »

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 12:39:46 PM »
Where the frick is Boise State?

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 12:42:50 PM »
chokelahoma is noticibly absent, as is Dabo's group.

"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 01:37:09 PM »
I don't watch the pac 12 and I thought they would be hurting from the probation by now.

They looked really good the handful of times I saw them this year. And, while I was a Barkley-doubter, I'm starting to come around. Don't think they can beat the cream of the SEC crop anytime soon, though.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 01:37:55 PM »
lulz @ FlaState and Meatchicken, btw.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2012, 01:43:06 PM »

Always preseason top 10, not postseason top 10..
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline geohul

• Guy who bitches about weed on the internet.
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2012, 03:00:51 PM »
USC has had top 5 recruiting classes throughout the whole probation.  They will be very good next year.  The freshman WR they have is amazing.  Their D is full of pissed off Pacific Islanders and BAMF's.  I think Barkley is better than Luck based on the games I watched from both of them this season.  Luck is probably smarter, but Barkley never seems to miss a throw.  Despite Kiffin's coaching they would have gone to a BCS game this year if they weren't on probation.  Not sure who all they lose but I don't think its very many skill players.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2012, 04:18:00 PM »
USC has had top 5 recruiting classes throughout the whole probation.  They will be very good next year.  The freshman WR they have is amazing.  Their D is full of pissed off Pacific Islanders and BAMF's.  I think Barkley is better than Luck based on the games I watched from both of them this season.  Luck is probably smarter, but Barkley never seems to miss a throw.  Despite Kiffin's coaching they would have gone to a BCS game this year if they weren't on probation.  Not sure who all they lose but I don't think its very many skill players.
You've gone full retard if you think Barkley is better than Luck.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Online Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2012, 12:01:00 AM »

Clemson is stacked.  But Vegas knows that douchebag Sweeney is one step above helmet wearing retard
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2012, 12:10:50 AM »
Read this:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/01/06/010612-sports-wolken-column-arkansas-1-3/

BY DAN WOLKEN FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2012
DALLAS — Regardless of the outcome Monday night between Alabama and LSU, the Southeastern Conference will claim a sixth straight BCS National Championship. Since the formation of the Bowl Coalition in 1992, which begat the Bowl Alliance and then eventually the BCS, no league has achieved a stretch of dominance that even comes close.

Even more impressive than the six straight championships, perhaps, is the fact that four different schools have won them — one-third of the league. The SEC’s stature has grown to such a degree that any school that wins the conference is almost assured of at least playing for the national title.

This makes fans of other leagues understandably angry. When Oklahoma State can win the Big 12 — which the computer rankings pegged as the strongest conference in the country this year — and get passed over for Alabama, which didn’t even win its division, it’s hard to deny there’s a strong SEC bias at work.

But that bias is well-earned, and it’s not going away anytime soon.

In January 2013, a national champion will be crowned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. And for a seventh straight time, it will come from the SEC.

This time, though, it won’t be Alabama or LSU going back-to-back. It won’t be Florida, Auburn or even Georgia.

Your national champion next season? I give you the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Though they didn’t make a BCS game this season — they’ll play Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl tonight — you can make an argument Arkansas was the third-best team in the country this season. The Razorbacks weren’t in the class of LSU or Alabama — they lost to those teams by a combined score of 79-31 — but really, who was? Remember, before the Razorbacks took that Nov. 25 beating at LSU, there was an outside chance they could have snuck into the championship game this year.

By any measure, it’s been a great two-year run for Bobby Petrino at Arkansas, leading the Razorbacks to the Sugar Bowl last year and the Cotton Bowl this year with the chance to finish 11-2. That’s what Arkansas’ players have focused on this week.

“To end the season in the top five would be huge for the program,” linebacker Jerico Nelson said.

But next year could be even better.

Without a college football playoff, schedules matter more than ever in determining who plays for the BCS championship. And Arkansas’ schedule in 2012 screams national title contender.

Though the Razorbacks are actually still searching for one more game next season, let’s assume it will be a lesser opponent they can beat. Arkansas’ three other non-conference games — Jacksonville State, Louisiana-Monroe and Tulsa at home — should all be easy wins.

So the question is whether the Razorbacks can win the SEC for the first time since they joined the conference in 1991. The schedule suggests they’ll have a heck of an opportunity.

With first-team All-SEC quarterback Tyler Wilson likely to return as a Heisman Trophy candidate next season, Arkansas’ offense will have plenty of firepower to beat the lesser lights of the league. Home games against Kentucky and Ole Miss, as well as road games against aMm and rebuilding Auburn, shouldn’t be much of a problem.

Arkansas plays two tricky, but winnable road games — Nov. 10 against South Carolina and Sept. 29 at Texas A&M, which will be implementing a new offensive system under first-year coach Kevin Sumlin.

But the ultimate issue for Arkansas is whether it can beat LSU and Alabama. This season, the Razorbacks had to play both on the road. Next season, they get both in Fayetteville.

It’s really that simple. If Arkansas can beat LSU and Alabama, it’ll win the SEC West. If the Razorbacks can win the SEC championship game, they’ll probably play for a national title. That’s why any talk about Arkansas’ expectations for next season begins and ends with winning the division.

“We’re just working hard each day to try and find a way to get to Atlanta,” Petrino said this week, sidestepping a question about Arkansas’ evolution into a national title contender. “Our players are very confident about it. Again, I think it comes down to work ethic, attitude and belief.”

Winning the Cotton Bowl certainly wouldn’t hurt that belief. Since the 1970s, Arkansas has rarely been considered among the nation’s elite programs, but Petrino is on the verge of changing that. His offense is innovative, entertaining, and explosive. Arkansas will lose some talent at receiver next season with Joe Adams and Jarius Wright, but Petrino’s got it rolling to the point where there’s little doubt he’ll plug in talented playmakers to pair with Wilson, who has thrown for 3,422 yards this season. It also helps that running back Knile Davis, a 1,300-yard rusher who missed this season with an ankle injury, is slated to return.

And though Arkansas’ defense won’t be on the level of LSU or Alabama, Auburn proved last season that an elite offense can win the SEC West and the national title. There’s no question Arkansas’ defense will need to improve, but again, it’s impossible to overstate the importance of playing its toughest games at home.

“In the SEC, every week you have a chance to get beat,” defensive end Tenarius Wright said. “You also have a chance to go out and blow someone out. It is all about your mindset. The overall big thing is that we have a chance to be top five going into next season. We are very happy to be in this situation.”

They’ll be even happier when they’ll be representing the SEC in Miami next year, trying to make it seven in a row.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2012, 12:20:17 AM »
Read this:

http://www.thedaily.com/page/2012/01/06/010612-sports-wolken-column-arkansas-1-3/

BY DAN WOLKEN FRIDAY, JANUARY 6, 2012
DALLAS — Regardless of the outcome Monday night between Alabama and LSU, the Southeastern Conference will claim a sixth straight BCS National Championship. Since the formation of the Bowl Coalition in 1992, which begat the Bowl Alliance and then eventually the BCS, no league has achieved a stretch of dominance that even comes close.

Even more impressive than the six straight championships, perhaps, is the fact that four different schools have won them — one-third of the league. The SEC’s stature has grown to such a degree that any school that wins the conference is almost assured of at least playing for the national title.

This makes fans of other leagues understandably angry. When Oklahoma State can win the Big 12 — which the computer rankings pegged as the strongest conference in the country this year — and get passed over for Alabama, which didn’t even win its division, it’s hard to deny there’s a strong SEC bias at work.

But that bias is well-earned, and it’s not going away anytime soon.

In January 2013, a national champion will be crowned at Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, Fla. And for a seventh straight time, it will come from the SEC.

This time, though, it won’t be Alabama or LSU going back-to-back. It won’t be Florida, Auburn or even Georgia.

Your national champion next season? I give you the Arkansas Razorbacks.

Though they didn’t make a BCS game this season — they’ll play Kansas State in the Cotton Bowl tonight — you can make an argument Arkansas was the third-best team in the country this season. The Razorbacks weren’t in the class of LSU or Alabama — they lost to those teams by a combined score of 79-31 — but really, who was? Remember, before the Razorbacks took that Nov. 25 beating at LSU, there was an outside chance they could have snuck into the championship game this year.

By any measure, it’s been a great two-year run for Bobby Petrino at Arkansas, leading the Razorbacks to the Sugar Bowl last year and the Cotton Bowl this year with the chance to finish 11-2. That’s what Arkansas’ players have focused on this week.

“To end the season in the top five would be huge for the program,” linebacker Jerico Nelson said.

But next year could be even better.

Without a college football playoff, schedules matter more than ever in determining who plays for the BCS championship. And Arkansas’ schedule in 2012 screams national title contender.

Though the Razorbacks are actually still searching for one more game next season, let’s assume it will be a lesser opponent they can beat. Arkansas’ three other non-conference games — Jacksonville State, Louisiana-Monroe and Tulsa at home — should all be easy wins.

So the question is whether the Razorbacks can win the SEC for the first time since they joined the conference in 1991. The schedule suggests they’ll have a heck of an opportunity.

With first-team All-SEC quarterback Tyler Wilson likely to return as a Heisman Trophy candidate next season, Arkansas’ offense will have plenty of firepower to beat the lesser lights of the league. Home games against Kentucky and Ole Miss, as well as road games against aMm and rebuilding Auburn, shouldn’t be much of a problem.

Arkansas plays two tricky, but winnable road games — Nov. 10 against South Carolina and Sept. 29 at Texas A&M, which will be implementing a new offensive system under first-year coach Kevin Sumlin.

But the ultimate issue for Arkansas is whether it can beat LSU and Alabama. This season, the Razorbacks had to play both on the road. Next season, they get both in Fayetteville.

It’s really that simple. If Arkansas can beat LSU and Alabama, it’ll win the SEC West. If the Razorbacks can win the SEC championship game, they’ll probably play for a national title. That’s why any talk about Arkansas’ expectations for next season begins and ends with winning the division.

“We’re just working hard each day to try and find a way to get to Atlanta,” Petrino said this week, sidestepping a question about Arkansas’ evolution into a national title contender. “Our players are very confident about it. Again, I think it comes down to work ethic, attitude and belief.”

Winning the Cotton Bowl certainly wouldn’t hurt that belief. Since the 1970s, Arkansas has rarely been considered among the nation’s elite programs, but Petrino is on the verge of changing that. His offense is innovative, entertaining, and explosive. Arkansas will lose some talent at receiver next season with Joe Adams and Jarius Wright, but Petrino’s got it rolling to the point where there’s little doubt he’ll plug in talented playmakers to pair with Wilson, who has thrown for 3,422 yards this season. It also helps that running back Knile Davis, a 1,300-yard rusher who missed this season with an ankle injury, is slated to return.

And though Arkansas’ defense won’t be on the level of LSU or Alabama, Auburn proved last season that an elite offense can win the SEC West and the national title. There’s no question Arkansas’ defense will need to improve, but again, it’s impossible to overstate the importance of playing its toughest games at home.

“In the SEC, every week you have a chance to get beat,” defensive end Tenarius Wright said. “You also have a chance to go out and blow someone out. It is all about your mindset. The overall big thing is that we have a chance to be top five going into next season. We are very happy to be in this situation.”

They’ll be even happier when they’ll be representing the SEC in Miami next year, trying to make it seven in a row.

:helmet: :beer:

Offline sigpooie

• A Shoat
  • Hog fan over 50 years, Hospitalised twice over it
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2012, 12:23:40 AM »
now it's our turn..

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • The better half
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2012, 08:20:27 AM »
Clemson is stacked.  But Vegas knows that douchebag Sweeney is one step above helmet wearing retard

True, but the odds are placed on what everyone else thinks, right?  After the 70 point thing wears off, people will realize Clemson has as much talent returning next year as any non-SEC team or USC.

I think Clemson will have a similar season next year.  They should win at least 10-11 games if Taj throws to the right team again.
"I completely agree." -- Stephen Coalboar on August 22, 2014 at 11:39 a.m.

Offline Razorback Jedi

• Tush Hog
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2012, 08:32:03 AM »

70-33

Offline Porkrinds

• Boar
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2012, 09:43:24 PM »

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • https://www.hogblog.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/1964-Razorback-Logo.png
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2012, 09:47:38 AM »
It pains me to say that LSU will be should be better next year.  They aren't losing much.  It's gonna be tough to beat those coon fuckers.  :gritscoon:

Offline AGNK

• WPS
  • Boar
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2012, 09:58:43 AM »
Next season, they get both (LSU and Bama) in Fayetteville.

Is he just saying we play both at home or has it been confirmed we play LSU in Fayetteville?

Online Passed

• What the fuck you lookin' at?
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2012, 10:11:24 AM »
Is he just saying we play both at home or has it been confirmed we play LSU in Fayetteville?

I think he's saying they're both home.  Most people don't realize that we actually HAVE two home stadiums.  They just see it listed as a home game and say Fayetteville.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2012, 10:12:07 AM »

LSU in Fayetteville.  Ole Miss in LR.  Book it.   :hollah:

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.334 seconds with 21 queries.