Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Le Coton Bowl Conquête 2012 official game thread  (Read 23557 times)

Offline Tampa TechnoHOG

• Tush Hog
  • My boink is FIERCE!
Re: Le Coton Bowl Conquête 2012 official game thread
« Reply #1050 on: January 09, 2012, 08:36:28 AM »
I certainly haven't forgotten that. One of the greatest plays i've ever seen, no doubt about it. But the comparison is apples and oranges.

The big difference between this play and that one was the amount of time left. If we turn the ball over in that LSU game, they have to scoop and score on a fumble or return a pick for a TD because there's no time left on the clock after that play. Your risks are a lot less doing that with 6 seconds on the clock than they are with 1:30+.

It could also be that Petrino knew that K-State was a joke and there was no way in the world they could beat us. But stranger things have happened. If that had turned the game around and they had somehow gone on to beat us, every last person on here would be singing a different tune.

Like I said, I'm not criticizing. I didn't agree with it because I do think it was a little too agressive considering the score, where we were on the field, the flow of the game, and that we were far from hitting on all cylinders, but Petrino certainly gets a pass. Again, just simply questioning a decision doesn't mean one thinks the guy's an idiot. Just a different philosophy.

True, a different philosophy, and probably the one most coaches would have followed.  I agreed with Pretrino's more aggressive one because KSU was going to get the ball back after the half.  We score again and they go into the half with their will crushed.  Now we know that didn't happen but Petrino has shown being aggressive for him usually either works or when it doesn't the Team rallys through the course of the game and we still end up winning.

Now, if this were the prior regime pulling that stunt, I would have gotten my ginsu collection ready because some tires would have been slashed.
If you think you're above failure, you'll always be beneath success.

Offline aNiMaL

• IT WAS ME!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #1051 on: January 09, 2012, 10:47:55 AM »
I like this one

Broderick Green has not been seen since Saturday night.  O0
frick common. Right on corch.

Offline Porkrinds

• Boar
« Reply #1052 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:46 AM »
A couple of vids I shot at the end of the game. Yes, my seats were horrible. Watched more of the game on the HDTV than on the field.

Running out the clock

and the trophy presentation:

Offline Razordoc

• A Shoat
  • Boy, you look jus' like a hog.
« Reply #1053 on: January 09, 2012, 01:12:31 PM »
A couple of vids I shot at the end of the game. Yes, my seats were horrible. Watched more of the game on the HDTV than on the field.

Running out the clock

and the trophy presentation:

Thanks for that thur.  Our friends we stayed with in Dallas were ready to haul arse as soon as the last pick.  Saw the last play, but missed all of the rest.  Their daughter-in-law is a recent ksu grad, so she and her her husband were ready to cut and run.  Since they paid for the frickin' limo that got us to and from the game, I was in no position to argue.

My seats were as aMmty as yours, just on the other end.
"...we didn't come to paint.  We came to win the game".  "It's really a play we've worked ever since last year's game with LSU"  cBMFP, Nov. 27, 2010

Offline Dr. HawgLove

• That's Dr. Merkwerdichliebe to you
  • Tush Hog
  • Just look at the big board.
« Reply #1054 on: January 09, 2012, 01:18:09 PM »
Thanks for that thur.  Our friends we stayed with in Dallas were ready to haul arse as soon as the last pick.  Saw the last play, but missed all of the rest.  Their daughter-in-law is a recent ksu grad, so she and her her husband were ready to cut and run.  Since they paid for the frickin' limo that got us to and from the game, I was in no position to argue.

My seats were as aMmty as yours, just on the other end.

That was fricking rude of them.  You can bet your ass if KSU was winning they would have made you stand there until the end. 
"God willing, we will prevail, in peace and freedom from fear, and in true health, through the purity and essence of our natural fluids."

"I think you're some kind of deviated prevert. I think general Ripper found out about your prevertion, and you were organizing some kind of mutiny of preverts."

"she's shitting quite a tail, there......."

Offline sainthog

• A Shoat
  • 77/88
« Reply #1055 on: January 09, 2012, 04:45:53 PM »
DVR alert
Cotton Bowl replay will be on fox sports ch 2027 in nwa wednesday 12am

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 20 queries.