Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Expectations/Was this season a success?  (Read 4634 times)

Offline jsimp

• Tush Hog
Re: Expectations/Was this season a success?
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2012, 02:57:13 PM »
Not sure where to put this question so I will just put here. Are they going to vote to change the only 2 team per conference bcs rule? Thought I heard somewhere they were looking to change that

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #26 on: January 07, 2012, 03:12:26 PM »
Exceeded expectations.  However, if the Hogs had lost the bowl game, it wouldn’t have met them.

This was a trend that needed correcting—and they did it.  I believe winning the bowl game gives a big boost to the following season.  Last year the Hogs were successful.  But think of your outlook now vs. how you felt last year.

I’m bummed because I don’t think there’ll be any of the midnight replays of the game since it was on Fox.  I didn’t record it.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2012, 03:56:52 PM »
I think a reasonable "expectation" even with Knile Davis would have been 10-2 and a Cap One/Cotton.  We play in the toughest league in the nation.

After we lost #7, I feared 8-4. 

This was a great year.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Dirty Stanchez
  • King of the Hogs
  • Whiskery Poo
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2012, 04:09:50 PM »
This season was extraordinarily satisfying.

Our team showed heart, guts, and a lot of courage in the ways that they won this year.  I'm very proud of our Hogs.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline Snowman Slayer

• Irreplaceably Irrelevant
  • Boar
  • The Man, The Myth, The Legend
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2012, 04:21:31 PM »
This has been one of my favorite hog teams in recent memory.  Resilient doesn't even begin to describe them. We could be down two scores at half and we would still expect to win.  Also I'm so proud of how the team and coaching staff delt with the uekman tragedy with dignity and respect.  I cant remember a razorback team like this one.  I'm team BMFP for life and exited about the future.

Offline Chigurh

• Call it Friendo
  • Wild Hog
  • I can't call it for you
« Reply #30 on: January 07, 2012, 04:24:15 PM »
For fans that live outside the state of Arkansas (Kansas in my case) the past couple of years have been a lot of fun.

Whenever someone sees me in my Razorback apparel or the Hog on my license plate they generally strike up a conversation about the Hogs or the SEC.

It used to be that when someone noticed I was a Razorback fan they would snicker or make some off-color comment. Now they accept the Razorback program for what it is......a major player on the national scene.

Life is good.  :logonew2:
You pick the one right tool.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #31 on: January 07, 2012, 04:56:10 PM »
For fans that live outside the state of Arkansas (Kansas in my case) the past couple of years have been a lot of fun.

Whenever someone sees me in my Razorback apparel or the Hog on my license plate they generally strike up a conversation about the Hogs or the SEC.

It used to be that when someone noticed I was a Razorback fan they would snicker or make some off-color comment. Now they accept the Razorback program for what it is......a major player on the national scene.

Life is good.  :logonew2:

For you youngsters, this is how it USED to be when I was a kid.  We were respected by everyone in the nation as a POWER.  People all over the country wanted to be like Arkansas, win like Arkansas, be respected like Arkansas, with only a handful of exceptions.

It was that way right up until 1987.  It will be that way again, and someday you kids will think back to the Good Old Days with Petrino, and guide the children appropriately.

All is well.

Offline clintcommander

• Take it easy... and if its easy, take it twice!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2012, 05:17:48 PM »
This thread needs a poll.

A bowl win is the cherry on top of a great season.
If we win, I'll light my dick on fire and slam my balls in a door on youtube, with a smile on my face.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #33 on: January 07, 2012, 05:32:24 PM »
This thread needs a poll.

A bowl win is the cherry on top of a great season.

Nah, we know how it would turn out.

Successful: 99.999%
Unsuccessful: littlerayofsunshine

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #34 on: January 07, 2012, 05:50:18 PM »
In 4 years BMFP has won 2 bowls. Dale won 2 in 10 years. Just thought I would throw that in.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #35 on: January 07, 2012, 05:53:32 PM »
Nah, we know how it would turn out.

Successful: 99.999%
Unsuccessful: littlerayofsunshine
Are you saying that a little ray of sunshine isn't peppy?

That's like finding 10,000 spoons when all I need is a knife.  Or meeting the man of my dreams... and then....

wait, oh aMm...

that made me seem kind of gay. 

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #36 on: January 07, 2012, 09:33:01 PM »
I believe I said we were going to win 14.
I guess I'm disappointed.  Not in the season, but in my education.  I can't even count.

11 wins with the setbacks we had was Fee nom nall.

As a comparison, previous asshat would have declared himself in need of a threeve year pass, gonna have to rebuilt.

Current commander in chief- continues chucking bodies into the monster machine, feeding that which he hath created.

God bless us all.

Any of you people wonder why the Mayan calendar ends in 2012?
Because they were wise, and were predicting the beginning of a new era.  The 12,000 year reign of terror, the Rule of The HOG.
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #37 on: January 07, 2012, 11:40:23 PM »
For you youngsters, this is how it USED to be when I was a kid.  We were respected by everyone in the nation as a POWER.  People all over the country wanted to be like Arkansas, win like Arkansas, be respected like Arkansas, with only a handful of exceptions.

It was that way right up until 1987.  It will be that way again, and someday you kids will think back to the Good Old Days with Petrino, and guide the children appropriately.

All is well.

We went to Orlando the week of Thanksgiving and I wore a Razorback shirt on the flight down and that night at WDW and I couldn't count how many "Go Hogs" I got that day.  Watching that evenings parade one of the Disney World chicks in the parade gave me a big "Go Hogs" as she went by.

And then I found $20.
Homies help homes.......always

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #38 on: January 07, 2012, 11:43:12 PM »
Are you saying that a little ray of sunshine isn't peppy?

That's like finding 10,000 spoons when all I need is a knife.  Or meeting the man of my dreams... and then....

wait, oh aMm...

that made me seem kind of gay.
Nah, I knew what you meant.

You like the cawk now, right? :stache:
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline HogTat

• It's in my nature
  • Boar
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2012, 12:22:09 AM »
In 4 years BMFP has won 2 bowls. Dale won 2 in 10 years. Just thought I would throw that in.

Terrorist.  :D
When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in confederacy against him.

Offline BoarlissWilliamson

• Boar
  • Infected with the brain eating amoeba since 2006
« Reply #40 on: January 08, 2012, 02:16:54 AM »
How can this even be questioned? 

frick yes it was a success.

WMFPS!

Offline TravelHog

• Resident Agitator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: January 08, 2012, 01:21:42 PM »
Yes.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #42 on: January 08, 2012, 01:30:34 PM »
We went to Orlando the week of Thanksgiving and I wore a Razorback shirt on the flight down and that night at WDW and I couldn't count how many "Go Hogs" I got that day.  Watching that evenings parade one of the Disney World chicks in the parade gave me a big "Go Hogs" as she went by.

And then I found $20.

Yes, Virginia, there is a BMFP.

Offline TexZilla

• Boar
« Reply #43 on: January 08, 2012, 02:09:09 PM »
11-2 with no Knile Davis and losses to the 1 and 2 teams in the country, both in our ghastly tough division.

Yea, the nuttsuckers were right.  Average should only be as good as we can expect. We cant compete.

Here's the sweetness of our position.  If Nutt had had this season, and won the CB, he'd be crowing about fitty-years and getting rings made.

BMFP has probably already done all his filmwork, forgotten this victory, put aside the what might have beens, and started work on next season.  He knows exactly what needs to be done to beat LSU and Bama.  He will do that, knowing that success there will make us the most badass program in all the land.

All hail BMFP! 

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #44 on: January 08, 2012, 02:19:18 PM »
11-2 with no Knile Davis and losses to the 1 and 2 teams in the country, both in our ghastly tough division.

Yea, the nuttsuckers were right.  Average should only be as good as we can expect. We cant compete.

Here's the sweetness of our position.  If Mr. Golden Parachute had had this season, and won the CB, he'd be crowing about fitty-years and getting rings made.

BMFP has probably already done all his filmwork, forgotten this victory, put aside the what might have beens, and started work on next season.  He knows exactly what needs to be done to beat LSU and Bama.  He will do that, knowing that success there will make us the most badass program in all the land.

All hail BMFP!

This is a truism that all woopigah's should never forget. 
AYFSM?

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #45 on: January 08, 2012, 02:22:22 PM »
Here's the sweetness of our position.  If Mr. Golden Parachute had had this season, and won the CB, he'd be crowing about fitty-years and getting rings made.

All hail BMFP!
:beer:
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline authorhawgerelli

• Superer Mod
  • Administrator
  • A Shoat
« Reply #46 on: January 08, 2012, 05:31:42 PM »

All hail BMFP!
Sometimes I think you're silly and having "Tex" in your handle is almost too much.

Right now I think you are the smartest man alive.  Keep it up.

I'll try not to get all Animalesque, but I was just thinking about how the former coach would have handled the post game interview.  First thing tBMFP did was mention the fallen Razorback.  The former coach would have first of all mentioned how hard he and the MSM had worked to win this game.  As I thought further, I had to stop.  No way the former coach would have ever gotten us here.  He didn't offer Tyler Wilson a scholarship.  Nathan Dick would have been our qb.  He would have found a way to screw up Jake Bequette's eligibility (remember he graduated already and probably had only 1 or 2 B's, the rest A's on his transcript).  Joe Adams, Jarius Wright, and Childs would have all been moved to defense, with Childs playing defensive end. 

I could go on, but that's depressing.  Was this season a success?  We're going to finish in the top 5 or 6, our only losses were to the # 1 and 2 teams, the clown is unemployed.  The question is almost too ridiculous to answer, but yes.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2012, 05:58:53 PM »
People wonder why we have so much scorn for Dale. Watching a BMFP- coached team just gets me riled up all over again for the 10 years that were wasted with that clown in charge. I hope he never coaches again in any capacity and ends up tossing a football towards a camera outside his van reminiscing about how the worst day of his life was when his name wasn't called in the NFL draft.

Offline abypfcs

• King of the Hogs
  • Both my favorite teams are underdogs.
    • YPFCS
« Reply #48 on: January 08, 2012, 06:09:17 PM »

And then I found $20.
That is fun and makes one feel good about being a Razorback.  I actually attended the University of Iowa for double the time that I was at the U of A, and also am from Iowa, but all my friends know that I am a Razorback thru and thru.  Hawkeyes are my second favorite.  I also wear and have much more Hog gear than I do Hawkeye apparel.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #49 on: January 08, 2012, 06:41:53 PM »
Who's dale?
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 20 queries.