Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Expectations/Was this season a success?  (Read 4436 times)

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
Re: Expectations/Was this season a success?
« Reply #50 on: January 08, 2012, 06:49:09 PM »

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• The founding father and unchallenged grandmaster of Gentile-Jitsu
  • King of the Hogs
  • it's mah balllz....bitches.
« Reply #51 on: January 08, 2012, 07:41:09 PM »
I would post a picture, but don't have the tapapatalks yet.  He's the less manly of those two gay bush rats they make those movies about.
The ones with the real high pitched voices.
 :suicide:
I'm the math teacher.  Listen up and learn, bitches.  i'm like an expert and aMm.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #52 on: January 08, 2012, 07:42:53 PM »
I expected 10-3 but it easily exceeded expectations because I had no idea both Bama and LSU would be THIS good.  I really thought LSU was a year away.

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #53 on: January 08, 2012, 07:46:39 PM »
better than i expected,
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• #1-0
  • Boar
  • Unofficial Woopig Threadkiller
« Reply #54 on: January 09, 2012, 12:37:44 AM »
I don't think we'd have had a better record if Mallett had come back.
Do strippers in the southern hemisphere spin around their poles in the opposite direction as strippers in the northern hemisphere?

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #55 on: January 09, 2012, 08:49:24 AM »
We went to Orlando the week of Thanksgiving and I wore a Razorback shirt on the flight down and that night at WDW and I couldn't count how many "Go Hogs" I got that day.  Watching that evenings parade one of the Disney World chicks in the parade gave me a big "Go Hogs" as she went by.

And then I found $20.

Was she a pretty chick with reddish hair?  MAYBE playing Arriel (little mermaid)? I don't know if that's what she still does, but I know a girl (seen her nekkid) that went to the U of A, then to Disney after she graduated.  Amazing voice.  Better tits.  O0

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #56 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:49 AM »
I still believe DD Jones is capable of becoming another Albert Haynesworth.

THIS...kinda.  I don't know if he'll be THAT good, but I had almost forgotten how badass he can be.  I think Haynes coming on board must have woken DD up, or maybe Haynes actually sees his talent.  But I was thinking all year long how LITTLE I had seen/heard from DD.  Then, all of the sudden, he blows up the bowl game. 

Anyway, the season was absolutely a success.  And, to top it off, it looks like recruiting is going to finish very, very strongly.  Those two things are pretty easy to get excited about.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #57 on: January 09, 2012, 04:08:10 PM »
I don't think we'd have had a better record if Mallett had come back.

Mallett isn't even the first person that comes to mind when I think what if...  It's Knile Davis.  And no I don't think we have a better record.  Bama and LSU games might have been closer but I still think we lose them.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #58 on: January 09, 2012, 08:52:12 PM »
THIS...kinda.  I don't know if he'll be THAT good, but I had almost forgotten how badass he can be.  I think Haynes coming on board must have woken DD up, or maybe Haynes actually sees his talent.  But I was thinking all year long how LITTLE I had seen/heard from DD.  Then, all of the sudden, he blows up the bowl game. 

Anyway, the season was absolutely a success.  And, to top it off, it looks like recruiting is going to finish very, very strongly.  Those two things are pretty easy to get excited about.

IMHO DD set the tone early and had an awesome game.
AYFSM?

Offline Hogustus

• Wild Hog
  • ex-commissary clerk
« Reply #59 on: January 09, 2012, 11:29:57 PM »
Was she a pretty chick with reddish hair?  MAYBE playing Arriel (little mermaid)? I don't know if that's what she still does, but I know a girl (seen her nekkid) that went to the U of A, then to Disney after she graduated.  Amazing voice.  Better tits.  O0
We have rules.  Pics or gtfo.

Offline Big Sausage Pizza

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
  • A Shoat
  • b00bs > n00bs
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 11:37:48 PM »
I wonder, if you ask an LSU fan this same question, will they say yes? LOL.

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • The good guys always win... even in the 80's!
« Reply #61 on: January 10, 2012, 03:05:31 AM »
This year was NOT a success in that we saw a decline in defensive efficiency, despite an experienced corp of players.  And, although we did win all of the games we were supposed to, we could have easily lost almost half of our games, and to lesser opponents.  Here is were we know we've turned the corner, when we not only win the games we're supposed to, but dominate those games.  LSU and Alabama dominated this year.  We survived.  We're on the way, but we're not there yet.

This year was a success in that we won despite having no Knile and a questionable OL.  We won close games on the road and that will build balls of fricking steel in the returning players.  We were successful in showing the nation that our previous 2 years were not a fluke, set in motion by the rocket launching arm of Mr. Mallett, his drinking and drug addictions, his lack of leadership, and his character issues.  This will reap rewards in future recruiting classes as they see we're building to last, and that they can come in and be the next guy to become a Razorback legend.
Someone keeps saying' I'm insane to complain about a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #62 on: January 10, 2012, 07:48:00 AM »
Because we didn't dominate it wasn't a success? WE WON 11 GAMES!!!! How many teams in the country can make that claim? We finished #5 in all the polls... How many times have the Hogs done that?

Me no comprendo.
AYFSM?

Online DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #63 on: January 10, 2012, 09:17:51 AM »
This year was NOT a success in that we saw a decline in defensive efficiency, despite an experienced corp of players.  And, although we did win all of the games we were supposed to, we could have easily lost almost half of our games, and to lesser opponents.  Here is were we know we've turned the corner, when we not only win the games we're supposed to, but dominate those games.  LSU and Alabama dominated this year.  We survived.  We're on the way, but we're not there yet.

This year was a success in that we won despite having no Knile and a questionable OL.  We won close games on the road and that will build balls of fricking steel in the returning players.  We were successful in showing the nation that our previous 2 years were not a fluke, set in motion by the rocket launching arm of Mr. Mallett, his drinking and drug addictions, his lack of leadership, and his character issues.  This will reap rewards in future recruiting classes as they see we're building to last, and that they can come in and be the next guy to become a Razorback legend.

On the contrary, your team has turned the corner when it can hang on and win when they are not at top form. 

Can we get a countdown to next season at the top of the board?  I can't fricking wait for September 1st. 

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #64 on: January 10, 2012, 10:51:22 AM »
I usually say that the season is not a success when we do not beat LSWHO?, but going 11-2 after losing Mallet has shown me that we were successful and great things are on the horizons. Go Hogs!

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #65 on: January 10, 2012, 10:57:38 AM »
There's no way to look at this season and say it wasn't a success. 

Offline Hardpork

• Wild Hog
« Reply #66 on: January 10, 2012, 11:56:22 AM »
This was the best Razorback football season in 30 or 40 years.  Since Lou Holtz and the boys walloped OU down in the Orange Bowl.

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • The good guys always win... even in the 80's!
« Reply #67 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:56 PM »
There's no way to look at this season and say it wasn't a success.
If we're talking wins/losses, you bet it was a great season.  If you're talking about comparing this year vs. what we had 10 years ago, yes it was a great season.  But, there are a lot of ways to look at this season and what it means in the big picture.  There were many good things to be drawn from the season, which I did add in there.  It wasn't all negative.

The main reasons I said that this was not a successful season can be laid on the defense.  During spring and summer, I wager that most of us expected the defense to take a step forward and really be the strength of the team.  We had so much returning experience across the board, and had come on strong at the end of 2010.  The problem is that despite what probably should have been, our defense took a step backwards.  We were not as good this year as last year, even with so much returning.  I am looking at this year and considering how it builds us towards a national championship.  The progress of the defense wasn't movement towards that goal.  Hopefully Coach Haynes can get us moving in the right direction. 

I'm not trying to be negative, just honest and thorough. 
Someone keeps saying' I'm insane to complain about a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.297 seconds with 20 queries.