Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: the band  (Read 9614 times)

Offline Humphrey BOARgart

• Boar
Re: the band
« Reply #150 on: January 13, 2012, 08:40:45 PM »
My daughters roommate her freshman year was a flag waving cow who tore her ACLU. I almost chortled when my daughter told me the doctor told her it was weight related.

This post is full of the unintentional comedy.

Offline WORD

• Happy-go-lucky Irishman
  • Tush Hog
  • Beauty lies in the hands of the beerholder
« Reply #151 on: January 13, 2012, 10:42:40 PM »

the flutist in the red shirt is cracking me the Starkville up.  that's an awesome arrangement by the way.  I could see us playing the bass riff at 0:55 for third downs or quick timeouts or something. I also liked 0:47, that could get loud as aMm with 350 folks.  Would go over VERY well at bud walton with a pep band. heck, upon rewatching just have the band play the entire tune from 0:30 - 1:16 instead of space odyssey or NFL today.  frick it, I'm emailing that to the band director.  it won't change if no one ever tells them they suck.

i haven't chimed in on this thread yet but I truly agree with damn near everything Ocelot is saying.  I was in the RMB 01-03.  with Gunter.  There were other reasons but that guy alone was one of the main ones that made me decide being a band director was not my kind of gig.

I only went to 2 games this year but I cringed watching the band play both times.  They dont fricking march and they don't play worth a aMm.  The "A" FINALLY looked decent on TV at the cotton bowl.  There, I said something positive.  However, the faggoty ass little bugle boy bullshit at halftime was mfricking embarrassing. It was the epitome of douchbaggy gay band aMm that gives Band Nerds the stereotype that most of them deserve.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 10:49:32 PM by WORD »
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #152 on: January 13, 2012, 10:58:24 PM »
the flutist in the red shirt is cracking me the Starkville up.  that's an awesome arrangement by the way.  I could see us playing the bass riff at 0:55 for third downs or quick timeouts or something. I also liked 0:47, that could get loud as aMm with 350 folks.  Would go over VERY well at bud walton with a pep band. heck, upon rewatching just have the band play the entire tune from 0:30 - 1:16 instead of space odyssey or NFL today.  frick it, I'm emailing that to the band director.  it won't change if no one ever tells them they suck.

i haven't chimed in on this thread yet but I truly agree with damn near everything Ocelot is saying.  I was in the RMB 01-03.  with Gunter.  There were other reasons but that guy alone was one of the main ones that made me decide being a band director was not my kind of gig.

I only went to 2 games this year but I cringed watching the band play both times.  They dont fricking march and they don't play worth a aMm.  The "A" FINALLY looked decent on TV at the cotton bowl.  There, I said something positive.  However, the faggoty ass little bugle boy bullshit at halftime was mfricking embarrassing. It was the epitome of douchbaggy gay band aMm that gives Band Nerds the stereotype that most of them deserve.

I don't really like Rage, but I like your ideas.  Hope someone listens.  And hope we can work in some Johnny Cash.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Online Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #153 on: January 13, 2012, 11:05:22 PM »
Funny, as soon as I saw that youtube video of Killing in the Name/Bulls on Parade this summer I wrote it out for my kids.  Has been a huge hit in the stands.  I hate that Louie Louie crap.

Here's some more college age drum corps chicks for you pervs.

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:09:03 PM by Too Big Pig »

Offline WORD

• Tush Hog
« Reply #154 on: January 13, 2012, 11:09:50 PM »
There must be a HUGE hangup with song rights or something because I actually could see making band arrangements out of modern rock and hip hop songs as a full time decent paying job for some composition major.  Just peddle that stuff all across the country to college and highschool bands. 

seriously, our student section would have exploded if somebody wrote out a bass heavy band version of 'sexy and I know it' and played it at the games.
God made yeast, as well as dough, and loves fermentation just as dearly as he loves vegetation. -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Online Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #155 on: January 13, 2012, 11:16:01 PM »
There must be a HUGE hangup with song rights or something because I actually could see making band arrangements out of modern rock and hip hop songs as a full time decent paying job for some composition major.  Just peddle that stuff all across the country to college and highschool bands. 

seriously, our student section would have exploded if somebody wrote out a bass heavy band version of 'sexy and I know it' and played it at the games.

You can usually get away with writing them out yourself and nobody minds that much (even though you are really supposed to obtain permission for that too), but when you start selling them there is a big problem.

Here's another one that's been a big hit in the stands that a friend of mine did.  . 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2012, 11:20:59 PM by Too Big Pig »

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • Boar
  • I forgive you, Clint Stoerner.
« Reply #156 on: January 13, 2012, 11:23:22 PM »
If we're going in that direction, why not this?  We already have a Boss Hog:

LSU fans are tres gauche.

Online DRYANKNPULL

• Supersonic sleeping bag.
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2012, 10:53:37 PM »
Does anyone know where you can get sheet music for the fight song for piano? Also for Garry Owen?

Offline Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2012, 11:11:07 PM »
Does anyone know where you can get sheet music for the fight song for piano? Also for Garry Owen?

Michael buble.com
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #159 on: January 19, 2012, 07:30:38 AM »
the flutist in the red shirt is cracking me the Starkville up.  that's an awesome arrangement by the way.  I could see us playing the bass riff at 0:55 for third downs or quick timeouts or something. I also liked 0:47, that could get loud as aMm with 350 folks.  Would go over VERY well at bud walton with a pep band. heck, upon rewatching just have the band play the entire tune from 0:30 - 1:16 instead of space odyssey or NFL today.

1st, holy aMm.  I'm glad you said something or I would have just glazed over that video.  That chick, without question, fricks on the first date. 

2nd, I don't disagree with you about the song.  We've done much worse.  I dig.

Offline Humphrey BOARgart

• Boar
« Reply #160 on: January 19, 2012, 01:46:49 PM »

Here they are at a game. You can tell which one is the overly active flutist.

And also here. Check out the pimp daddy band director:

Offline uagrad89

• Boar
« Reply #161 on: January 19, 2012, 07:26:36 PM »

You can tell which one is the overly active flutist.

Hey, that's somebody's daughter.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #162 on: January 20, 2012, 07:15:35 AM »

That should be flautist, right? 

You sure you were in the band?  You should KNOW this.
Just ask the Axis

Offline WORD

• Tush Hog
« Reply #163 on: January 20, 2012, 10:52:45 AM »
http://zucchinigirl.tripod.com/flute/flutist.html

google is your frien, frien.

inother news heres some funny band pics. skin flute. lulz

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #164 on: January 20, 2012, 11:11:52 AM »
That should be flautist, right? 

Both are correct.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #165 on: January 20, 2012, 02:31:29 PM »
Just ask the Axis

Offline Filthy_McSwine

• Boar
« Reply #166 on: January 20, 2012, 02:35:14 PM »
My daughters roommate her freshman year was a flag waving cow who tore her ACLU. I almost chortled when my daughter told me the doctor told her it was weight related.

Did she have to undergo "Rita Sklar" surgery?

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #167 on: January 20, 2012, 03:08:53 PM »
Didn't catch that.. my bad!
AYFSM?

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 20 queries.