Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Knile Davis returns  (Read 7201 times)

Offline hoggybones

• Tush Hog
  • animated bones
Knile Davis returns
« on: January 10, 2012, 01:34:38 PM »
officially.... per Joe Schad on twitter

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
Re: Knile Davis returns
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2012, 01:41:10 PM »
I just hope that he has retained form. I was really disappointed for Childs this year because he wasn't able to be as productive as he was before he got hurt. He was on his way to being a total monster in the WR corps.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2012, 01:45:55 PM »
NWARobbie Robbie Neiswanger
RB Knile Davis: "I am determined to help this program accomplish the goals we have set in place."

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2012, 01:55:43 PM »
Laminate, place on coffee tables please...

Blog: Knile Davis Staying At Arkansas For 2012 Season
Posted on 10 January 2012
Arkansas running back Knile Davis has confirmed he will return to the program in 2012.
Big news for the Razorbacks. Davis rushed for 1,322 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2010 and was preparing for another big year in 2011. But he fractured his ankle during a preseason scrimmage and missed the year.
Here is Davis’ statement regarding his decision:
“I have made the decision to return to the University of Arkansas for the 2012 season as I am determined to help this program accomplish the goals we have set in place. My injury was unfortunate, but I feel I have worked extremely hard for the opportunity to lead the Razorbacks on the field. Through my setback last season, I remained positive and was committed to persevering and I plan to apply those principles to this year’s team. I believe Coach (Bobby) Petrino is the best coach in America, and he has put this program back on the national stage. He has instilled in everyone the expectation to be great and that we will win championships.
“I want to thank Chancellor (David) Gearhart and (Director of Athletics) Jeff Long for setting such great examples on how to operate every day. You can tell the leadership at Arkansas truly cares about us as people and has put the resources in place for us to reach our goals, and that is very special. Also, our fans make playing for the Razorbacks a great experience. I can’t wait for another season with them and my teammates in 2012.”
Davis’ return means he will likely join Dennis Johnson, Ronnie Wingo and Kody Walker in the backfield next season. Johnson said last week he had filed paperwork with the NFL Draft Advisory Board to check on his draft status. But Johnson also added he planned to return after leading the team in rushing in 2011.
— Robbie Neiswanger • Arkansas News Bureau

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 02:02:45 PM »

Arkansas running back Knile Davis has confirmed he will return to the program in 2012.
Big news for the Razorbacks. Davis rushed for 1,322 yards and 13 touchdowns in 2010 and was preparing for another big year in 2011. But he fractured his ankle during a preseason scrimmage and missed the year.
“I have made the decision to return to the University of Arkansas for the 2012 season as I am determined to help this program accomplish the goals we have set in place. My injury was unfortunate, but I feel I have worked extremely hard for the opportunity to lead the Razorbacks on the field. Through my setback last season, I remained positive and was committed to persevering and I plan to apply those principles to this year’s team. I believe Coach (Bobby) Petrino is the best coach in America, and he has put this program back on the national stage. He has instilled in everyone the expectation to be great and that we will win championships.
“I want to thank Chancellor (David) Gearhart and (Director of Athletics) Jeff Long for setting such great examples on how to operate every day. You can tell the leadership at Arkansas truly cares about us as people and has put the resources in place for us to reach our goals, and that is very special. Also, our fans make playing for the Razorbacks a great experience. I can’t wait for another season with them and my teammates in 2012.”
Davis’ return means he will likely join Dennis Johnson, Ronnie Wingo and Kody Walker in the backfield next season. Johnson said last week he had filed paperwork with the NFL Draft Advisory Board to check on his draft status. But Johnson also added he planned to return after leading the team in rushing in 2011.

I am so proud to be a Hog right now. :helmet:

Offline Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 02:03:37 PM »
I am so proud to be a Hog right now. :helmet:

Because our athletic department staff can write a Starkville of a press release?

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2012, 02:05:05 PM »

Because our athletic department staff can write a Starkville of a press release?

basically.

Offline KSHogg

• Music Man
  • Boar
  • Mobile spray tanner
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2012, 02:23:31 PM »
I'm tickled pink he's.coming back, but I wonder if this would have anything to do with his draft status numbers.
Still runnin' against the wind

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 02:32:05 PM »

I had completely forgotten about Kody Walker.  Gotdamn that backfield is going to be a beast next year.  Davis, Johnson, Wingo, Walker, and Small. 

I'm guessing that Jonathan Williams will be redshirting next year.

Offline TheOtherWhiteMeat

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 02:33:47 PM »
I'm tickled pink he's.coming back, but I wonder if this would have anything to do with his draft status numbers.

I'm sure it does. If they were better he'd be leaving.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 02:36:03 PM »
Probably so. But who cares?
I had completely forgotten about Kody Walker.  Gotdamn that backfield is going to be a beast next year.  Davis, Johnson, Wingo, Walker, and Small. 

Dennis Johnson for another year? He and Davis will punish anybody that fricking stupid enough to get in front of them. Say what you will about DJ, he has a humiliating stiff arm that will put a fool face down in the turf.
Wingo will be good for...well, whatever it is he does.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline asshat

• Tush Hog
  • That's Dr. Asshat to you.
    • please click here to see the World Famous Artist Sean Terrence Best !!
« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2012, 02:41:55 PM »

Unless he is good enough to take someones job...CMBP doesn't care what you did, only what you can do.
Quote from: Duckman
This is exactly where we are at, dead on:  To everyone that is hushing the Gruden talk, stop it, there IS a deal in place...{/quote]

Offline McCarroll21

• A Shoat
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2012, 02:43:49 PM »
Knile Davis, Dennis Johnson, Kody Walker and then the freshmen that come in.

Ronnie Wingo can go try be Joe Adams and be able to use his speed in the open field.

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2012, 02:47:10 PM »
Wonder if Wingo can play safety or CB.  For some reason I remember him being a LB in HS.

Donavan Roberts and Jonathan Williams will have to be damn good to crack this group.  But 2013 they should be in the mix heavy.

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2012, 03:27:48 PM »
Wonder if Wingo can play safety or CB.  For some reason I remember him being a LB in HS.

Donavan Roberts and Jonathan Williams will have to be damn good to crack this group.  But 2013 they should be in the mix heavy.

I would not be shocked if Dennis Johnson left and made a try at the NFL.  Don't have any inside info, just seems he gets in Petrino's dog house a lot and he might be a little tired of that.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2012, 03:29:47 PM »
I would not be shocked if Dennis Johnson left and made a try at the NFL.  Don't have any inside info, just seems he gets in Petrino's dog house a lot and he might be a little tired of that.

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2012, 03:46:25 PM »

Given Wingo's apparent aversion to contact, I'm not sure a switch to defense makes much sense.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2012, 04:24:06 PM »
Given Wingo's apparent aversion to contact, I'm not sure a switch to defense makes much sense.

Does he snap? Punt? Kick? Jesus...does he do anything other than wheel routes?

He needs to move to H-back, I guess.  Any snap he takes at RB in 2012 is a wasted snap, IMO. 

Offline The Whyte Boar

• A Shoat
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2012, 04:44:20 PM »

No, Dennis isn't even all the excited about the prospects of the NFL.  His main ambition in life, and I kid you not, is to be an FBI agent.

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 05:23:07 PM »
No, Dennis isn't even all the excited about the prospects of the NFL.  His main ambition in life, and I kid you not, is to be an FBI agent.

College football star becomes an FBI agent.  Where have I seen this before?

You should have your posting privileges suspended for not making a Point Break joke or reference.

Offline The Cowboy Tiger

• Are You Not Entertained?
  • King of the Hogs
  • KOBK
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2012, 05:43:08 PM »

You should have your posting privileges suspended for not making a Point Break joke or reference.

He's on a lawschool scholarship to play football...or something.
I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity.

Don't go away mad.  Just go away.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2012, 06:25:27 PM »
Does he snap? Punt? Kick? Jesus...does he do anything other than wheel routes?

He needs to move to H-back, I guess.  Any snap he takes at RB in 2012 is a wasted snap, IMO.

He runs a Starkville of a wheel route. Oh, nm.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #22 on: January 10, 2012, 06:26:33 PM »

:thumbup:

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #23 on: January 10, 2012, 07:06:22 PM »
I just hope that he has retained form. I was really disappointed for Childs this year because he wasn't able to be as productive as he was before he got hurt. He was on his way to being a total monster in the WR corps.

Childs injury takes 18 - 24 monts to fully heal. He did as well as we should have expected.
AYFSM?

Offline Phat_Hawg

• Has pulled more tail than a slow kid at a petting zoo
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2012, 08:07:27 PM »

Good to know. 

For a while my daughter wanted to be an FBI agent, now she's trying to decide between being a brain surgeon or a soda jerk.  Street car conductor is also in the mix.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.538 seconds with 20 queries.