Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here's to the 5%  (Read 13201 times)

Offline Buffinator

• King of the Hogs
Re: Here's to the 5%
« Reply #125 on: February 05, 2012, 08:40:21 AM »
Is this a bad time to bring up the difference between lose and loose?

They're is never a bad time to correct bad grammer.

Offline BASS

• The Philosophical Woopigga
  • Boar
« Reply #126 on: February 05, 2012, 10:21:17 AM »
Is this a bad time to bring up the difference between lose and loose?

on a message board it is understood that mispellings, typos, etc. happen and we're just too fricking lazy to go back and correct them.  however, i see this particular frick up constantly working at a corporate office and it frustrates the piss out of me.  getting repeated "official" emails from senior vp's with this particular frickup illustrates their intelligence is equivalent to those whose understanding of the rules of english language is below my kindergartener's.  yet somehow these are the best and brightest that could be found to give large sums of money and stock options to in return for their guidance of a multibillion dollar corporation.

probably the same mommafrickers that still root for hooten dale. 

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #127 on: February 05, 2012, 12:35:56 PM »
I finally had a few minutes to waste on your sorry ass.  From the Arkansas Democrat archives on Wally Hall articles during the turmoil on the hill:

Still plenty of questions surrounding Arkansas
Abstract: Despite the fact this Arkansas Razorbacks football season has turned out much better than most expected, there seems to be an undercurrent of dysfunction. With the team idle for several days, here are some totally subjective opinions, starting at the top: ...
Date: 12/06/2006

Feuding Hogs need to kiss, make up, move on
Abstract: As the comments Mitch Mustain made about Hootie in the book Year of the Dog were made public last week, Sam Olajubutu did exactly what you would expect. He blitzed the quarterback. According to sources, Olajubutu called a team meeting. Coaches were ...
Date: 12/14/2006

Slipping out back door after trumpeted entrance
Abstract: Apparently, the why Gus Malzahn made the move to Tulsa might never be known. The real why, that is. He will take the high road as will Hootie, Frank Broyles and whomever else speaks on the subject. It has been a much-traveled path since Malzahn was ...
Date: 01/16/2007

Integrity of Razorbacks program in question
Abstract: It started early Tuesday morning, long before the second wheel came off. A lady wearing a Razorbacks T-shirt took a moment from her workout with trainer Chuck Siska to say: “I’m sick of everything going on in Fayetteville.” A little later, in a coffee sho ...
Date: 01/17/2007

Stability, some offensive balance a good start
Abstract: Wednesday was the e-mail day from hades. They started at 6:01 in the morning and seemed to come nonstop before, during and after the much-needed damage control news conference. There were some e-mails supportive of Hootie. There were more e-mails su ...
Date: 01/18/2007

Ad simply a reflection of UA fans’ concerns
Abstract: Here’s everything I know about the now infamous ad: It was paid for. That’s all I know. I’m not saying this because ads help pay my salary, which they do for everyone at this newspaper, but to be perfectly honest I didn’t see that much wrong with it. I th ...
Date: 01/19/2007

Love for team behind Razorbacks’ ‘soap opera’
Abstract: There really is no but. Hootie is a good man, father, husband, son and coach. Yes, a coach who has always preferred high-percentage football and always will. Yes, he wants everyone to like him and sometimes tells them what he thinks they want to hea ...
Date: 01/21/2007

These arrows sting
Abstract: The time is upon us once again to chart the standing of prominent Arkansans by launching our customary arrows. Some are up, a few are down and many are just plain stuck. As always, we begin at the top of the power grid. Athletic Director Frank Broyles’ fo ...
Date: 01/22/2007

Unrest continues for weary Razorbacks fans
Abstract: At the Downtown Tip-Off Club luncheon Monday, most of the talk was not about basketball. Guest speaker Marvin Delph, a member of the Triplets, the foundation of Arkansas Razorbacks basketball, was extremely entertaining and informative. He talked passiona ...
Date: 01/23/2007

Arkansas fans clamoring to have voices heard
Abstract: A good friend in the media offered some strong advice Monday. “When reporters are completely and totally sick of a story, that is when the public is most interested.” That appears to be a very true statement where the Arkansas Razorbacks football program ...
Date: 01/24/2007

Fans deserve accountability from university
Abstract: If there was one recurring cry in the recent complaints about the University of Arkansas athletic department, it was that the program belongs to the people and they don’t feel their voices are being heard. There is a great deal of validity to that concern ...
Date: 01/31/2007

Broyles deserves right to decide when to retire
Abstract: It was not surprising that a couple of members of the University of Arkansas board of trustees made statements supporting Frank Broyles after their meeting Thursday. While there was no talk about Broyles or Nutt during that official meeting, they are the ...
Date: 01/30/2007

Now think again, dickhead.  Was it really you and the wilded-eye, Woopiggers that ridded us of Houston Dale Nutt?  To loose Nutt, Broyles had to go.  Think again, fuckhead.  Think good, you weak, cumsucking piece of aMm.  Read those headlines, look at the dates, consider the timeline of events surrounding the FIOA.  Did Wally Hall really sit on this story?  I wouldn't doubt that he didn't run with it without going through council if he wasn't stupid like you.

Now, present your argument with the timeline of the Gazette's FIOA and the others FIOA.  Now, how long did Wally really sit on the story?  What part did he play in getting rid of Broyles?  To loose the Nutt, meant loosing Broyles and without Wally's help, we'd still have Broyles and no Petrino. 

frick you if you think I should spend a dime accessing these archived articles.  You can prove me wrong if you want to try.

So, this is your research into how much Wally Hall did to rid us of Nutt & Broyles?  You pull up a list providing the first two sentences of a series of articles, but don't provide the full articles for us to see what Wally actually wrote?  What's in the article about Delph speaking in Little Rock?  One article you posted says Broyles deserves to decide when he'll retire...hardly an attack piece on the administration from what we can see.  Another article appears to trumpet what a good man Nutt is...again, that hardly sounds like an attack from Wally.

You don't need to buy the full article, dipshit.  You don't even need the Dem-Gaz archives.  You can do all the research you need by using the search feature right here on woopig.

Using the search feature, you could have learned that all of the articles you cited came after Williams' request for release from his scholarship.  10 of the 12 came after Malzahn resigned.  10 after Mustain transferred.  7 came after Frank melted down in Dallas.  Starkville, Prewett's "Interception King" email was posted on woopig before 8 of these articles were published.  Did Wally wiegh in on the Dallas incident?  Did Wally ever mention the Prewett email?  We'll never know from your "research."

The one Hall column that might support your case is the one you couldn't even borrow the intelligence to provide.  It prompted Nutt to call in and rip into Wally on The Buzz in February '07.  Did you even know that happened?  Hint: there's a thread about it in Classics.

All the hate you can muster for me personally because you don't like what I have to say down in P&R...all the rage and insults...all that spittle flying onto your monitor as you hammer away about things you didn't do and know nothing about will never change the simple fact that you are a fricking idiot without a single original thought in his head or action in his life.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2012, 02:26:33 PM by shortstop6 »
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Jeff Spongeworthy

• Wild Hog
« Reply #128 on: February 05, 2012, 02:06:22 PM »
They're is never a bad time to correct bad grammer.

Grammar, even. :deek:

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #129 on: February 05, 2012, 03:42:16 PM »
I finally had a few minutes to waste on your sorry ass.

Finally got chased out of your Occupy DC tent, eh?
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #130 on: February 05, 2012, 03:56:02 PM »
Now think again, dickhead.  Was it really you and the wilded-eye, Woopiggers that ridded us of Houston Dale Nutt?  To loose Nutt, Broyles had to go.  Think again, fuckhead.  Think good, you weak, cumsucking piece of aMm.  Read those headlines, look at the dates, consider the timeline of events surrounding the FIOA.  Did Wally Hall really sit on this story?  I wouldn't doubt that he didn't run with it without going through council if he wasn't stupid like you.

Now, present your argument with the timeline of the Gazette's FIOA and the others FIOA.  Now, how long did Wally really sit on the story?  What part did he play in getting rid of Broyles?  To loose the Nutt, meant loosing Broyles and without Wally's help, we'd still have Broyles and no Petrino. 

frick you if you think I should spend a dime accessing these archived articles.  You can prove me wrong if you want to try.

FIOA.

Goddam FIOA saw three aMm.

Wow.

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #131 on: February 05, 2012, 04:03:18 PM »
All the hate you can muster for me personally because you don't like what I have to say down in P&R...all the rage and insults...all that spittle flying onto your monitor as you hammer away about things you didn't do and know nothing about will never change the simple fact that you are a fricking idiot without a single original thought in his head or action in his life.

Hey, man... he did all that for you at 7:48pm on a Saturday night.  That's commitment.  Or a fricking lonely and pathetic life.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #132 on: February 05, 2012, 04:11:48 PM »
I thought Wally Hall played a prominent role in terms of attacking Nutt.  I know he had done it before, way back during the "two year pass" days and even in the "O for October" decline, and that when Nutt won again he just let Wally have it.  Wally wasn't consistent at it, he certainly wouldn't pass for a member of the Alabama media but he was far and away Nutt's harshest and most public critic.  I heard Nutt didn't talk to him at all his final season.

Now, was Wally the biggest reason Nutt fell from grace?  Starkville no, I mean it couldn't be more obvious.  Ultimately it was on his own ass and the Mustain/Prewitt saga.  However, when someone got the bright idea to use the FOIA to see who Nutt was calling to try to link Nutt directly to those emails it opened up a whole can of worms.  What the Arkansas media were content to sit on some people weren't ,and McAfee did the deed for us and unfortunately took the beating that came afterwards.  The Arkansas media didn't link Nutt to Prewitt via phone that day.  It didn't notice he'd called a Ft Smith reporter several times more than his own wife.  It didn't notice he'd talked to Nevin Shapiro from Miami and boosters at two other universities looking for coaches.  OINKX did all of Hall's investigative reporting for him, and he and a couple of others repeated the benefits.  Give credit where credit is due. Wally didn't impact Nutt's termination at all, really, except ultimately acting as a mouthpiece to further disseminate the info in that document.

Offline Too Big Pig

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2012, 10:15:26 AM »
Grammar, even. :deek:

Apparently jokes often go over your head.

Offline HogBroyles

• A Shoat
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2012, 10:46:52 AM »
I have a subscription.  I remember thinking:  "what does this fricking clown have to do before the paper starts taking him to task?  Not a few words wondering, but taking the program to task?" 

But, this discussion starts with the DemGaz sitting on the phone records after FOI-ing them.  Lets start with that.  It is concrete, an action that can be placed in context to the date.

Any defense of Wally is BS.  He sat on the phone records.
He has to sit on something to reach his desktop.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #135 on: February 06, 2012, 10:55:09 AM »
He has to sit on something to reach his desktop.
I don't care who you are, that's funny right there.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #136 on: February 06, 2012, 06:41:59 PM »
Because when other sports writers were defending Broyles, repeatedly using his name and 'legend' in the same sentence, Hall was slamming his administration.  And for that, i was grateful.  You boys are are a narcissistic bunch to believe your internet bullying got Broyles fired.  In a series of articles in January 2007, hall skewered the UA administration, doing far more damage than Woopig could dream of.  The gazette has thousands more readers than Woopig.  And that is reality.  Or perhaps you all are so arrogant, you believe you create your own reality.  Wouldn't surprise me.
1. Wally Hall writes his column the way Hootie coached football: Don't take any risks, write to NOT lose instead of to win.
2. Nobody on Woopig had anything to do with the GOBN being taken down. It was the Hogvillians. Errybody knows that. In fact, if you ask any one of 'em, they'll tell you so.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #137 on: February 06, 2012, 06:50:04 PM »
2. Nobody on Woopig had anything to do with the GOBN being taken down. It was the Hogvillians. Errybody knows that. In fact, if you ask any one of 'em, they'll tell you so.

frick yeah, plane banners and 30 man marches are what makes things happen.

Offline Sliver72

• Boar
« Reply #138 on: February 06, 2012, 06:58:56 PM »
frick yeah, plane banners and 30 man marches are what makes things happen.
I'm glad someone besides me was paying attention. It would have sucked to miss the televised revolution and all.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #139 on: February 06, 2012, 07:11:08 PM »
I think it was death by a thousand cuts for Hootie.  The ground work done by others, whether th actuall FOI or cut constant bitching in general on message boards and call in shows, around the state's watr coolers, coupled with Hootie's own (i) lack of performance on the football field, and (ii) crazy conduct/remarks off it, finally made it impossible for Wally and others to NOT say something.

I don't know what the actual tipping point was and I don't know if anyone accurately can.

I'm just glad it happened.
"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline Hog of the South

• A Shoat
« Reply #140 on: February 06, 2012, 08:07:12 PM »
Wally's role in Hootie's departure is debatable, but what's not is the PR campaign he conducted as the sports editor of the ADG to persuade the PTB to hire Hootie in the first place.  For this he should never be forgiven.   :bird:

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #141 on: February 07, 2012, 06:54:36 AM »
Read those headlines, look at the dates, consider the timeline of events surrounding the FIOA.  Did Wally Hall really sit on this story?  I wouldn't doubt that he didn't run with it without going through council if he wasn't stupid like you.

You don't THINK it was too long, eh?  WTF difference does it make, the actual time?  It is all about intent, and Wally had NO intention of releasing the records, with commentary, even after someone ELSE went after the phone records.  Nope, nosir, frick you, I ain't releasing them even though it would be the SCOOP of the century for an Arkansas sports writer.

Ever deal with FOI aMm?  Ever get hit with an FOI request?  You don't have a lot of time to screw around if you get a request, you have to compile and release.  The paper is under no compulsion to release them, the caretaker is, and the U of A obviously wasn't going to release.  So, it was up to the paper to release a story, or sit on them. 

It should be obvious to anyone that the Gaz had no intention of releasing the records or a story about them.  Lets put this in perspective...Wally was sitting on a set of records that any competent sportswriter could use to destroy a Coach.  It was Arkansas' version of Watergate.  What reporter could possibly NOT do a story about it, and bring down the most famous person in Arkansas?  That should be a journalist's dream story, taking down a big dog, right? 

The only answers I can come up with for not going through the records, gathering up the rather obvious sets of nasty aMm Dale did with a public phone, write a scathing story about it and basking in the glow is a reporter's version of extreme hugging, fear of loss of access, cowardice, or all three.  Whatever, no story was forthcoming, no mention, until someone else got a hold of the records, and things began to trickle out about exactly what was in them.  Wally damn sure didn't come up with something due to lack of time.  Not to mention, if there was an intent to release something, the pressure of losing the scoop would have spurred them into getting it out that much faster. 

So, death by a thousand cuts, rather than guillotine, and we suffered through more time with an incompetent wretch at the controls of our program.  Wally sat on the records, had no intention of doing a story on them.  Wally had Dale by the balls, and never squeezed until it was fashionable.  frick Wally.
Just ask the Axis

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #142 on: February 11, 2012, 03:36:17 PM »
Wally's role in Hootie's departure is debatable, but what's not is the PR campaign he conducted as the sports editor of the ADG to persuade the PTB to hire Hootie in the first place.  For this he should never be forgiven.   :bird:

Wally helped Broyles to the door of retirement, not get Nutt canned.  Long fired Nutt, thank god.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »
Read those headlines, look at the dates, consider the timeline of events surrounding the FIOA.  Did Wally Hall really sit on this story?  I wouldn't doubt that he didn't run with it without going through council if he wasn't stupid like you.

Now, present your argument with the timeline of the Gazette's FIOA and the others FIOA.  Now, how long did Wally really sit on the story?  What part did he play in getting rid of Broyles?  To loose the Hootie, meant loosing Broyles and without Wally's help, we'd still have Broyles and no Petrino. 

You don't THINK it was too long, eh?  WTF difference does it make, the actual time?  It is all about intent, and Wally had NO intention of releasing the records, with commentary, even after someone ELSE went after the phone records.  Nope, nosir, frick you, I ain't releasing them even though it would be the SCOOP of the century for an Arkansas sports writer.

Ever deal with FOI aMm?  Ever get hit with an FOI request?  You don't have a lot of time to screw around if you get a request, you have to compile and release.  The paper is under no compulsion to release them, the caretaker is, and the U of A obviously wasn't going to release.  So, it was up to the paper to release a story, or sit on them. 

It should be obvious to anyone that the Gaz had no intention of releasing the records or a story about them.  Lets put this in perspective...Wally was sitting on a set of records that any competent sportswriter could use to destroy a Coach.  It was Arkansas' version of Watergate.  What reporter could possibly NOT do a story about it, and bring down the most famous person in Arkansas?  That should be a journalist's dream story, taking down a big dog, right? 

The only answers I can come up with for not going through the records, gathering up the rather obvious sets of nasty aMm Dale did with a public phone, write a scathing story about it and basking in the glow is a reporter's version of extreme hugging, fear of loss of access, cowardice, or all three.  Whatever, no story was forthcoming, no mention, until someone else got a hold of the records, and things began to trickle out about exactly what was in them.  Wally damn sure didn't come up with something due to lack of time.  Not to mention, if there was an intent to release something, the pressure of losing the scoop would have spurred them into getting it out that much faster. 

So, death by a thousand cuts, rather than guillotine, and we suffered through more time with an incompetent wretch at the controls of our program.  Wally sat on the records, had no intention of doing a story on them.  Wally had Dale by the balls, and never squeezed until it was fashionable.  frick Wally.

Do you mainstream media outlets do investigative journalism anymore?  Not much.  Nevermind, it all worked out perfectly.  If Wally had jumped on the story, assuming he knew what he was actually sitting on, what then?  Would Broyles be forced to fired him?  If so, then what?  Who would have Broyles hired for a head coach?  You see where this is going?  If Wally had not of waited, odds are, no Petrino.  Now go on with your life and be happy.

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
« Reply #144 on: February 12, 2012, 03:07:56 AM »
die in a fricking fire, you faggit.

wally doesn't get credit for aMm.

:notexas:
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline Sliver72

• Boar
« Reply #145 on: February 12, 2012, 07:45:48 AM »
So am I to gather that Wallace is the "accidental savior" of Razorback football? I want to be sure so that I can send him a Christmas card from now on for his deeds of delayed heroism.

Offline gambler

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #146 on: February 12, 2012, 08:10:02 AM »
So am I to gather that Wallace is the "accidental savior" of Razorback football? I want to be sure so that I can send him a Christmas card from now on for his deeds of delayed heroism.
Send him something he needs, a booster seat.

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #147 on: February 12, 2012, 09:17:12 AM »
Wally helped Broyles to the door of retirement

Shortstop6 is actually the one who 'helped Broyles to the door of retirement' at the Dallas alumni dinner.  Yet you curse him while continuing to suck off the elf.

So yeah, you're a fricking idiot.  Go immolate yourself.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 10:03:24 AM by WPFM »

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #148 on: February 12, 2012, 10:12:03 AM »
Shortstop6 is actually the one who 'helped Broyles to the door of retirement' at the Dallas alumni dinner.  Yet you curse him while continuing to suck off the elf.

Forgot that was him...

NICE.

Offline hogslobber

• Tush Hog
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2012, 11:36:44 AM »

Anyone still have that video ?

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.397 seconds with 21 queries.