Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here's to the 5%  (Read 14462 times)

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
Re: Here's to the 5%
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2012, 04:28:56 PM »
Well, it's fricking year 5 of the BMFP regime. Think about that.

And there have been no flirtations with other jobs or requests for 2 year passes. And the hogs have won 21 football games the last 2 seasons.

I'm feeling good about that.

4 year win totals:

Nutt: 9 - 8 - 6 - 7 = 30

Petrino: 5 - 8 - 10 - 11 = 34

Year 5:

Nutt: 9-5; SEC West Co-Champions of the World; Lost to Minnesota in Music City Bowl

Petrino: Care to make a prediction whether we'll have a better season?
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline jdcatty

• Boar
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2012, 04:53:06 PM »
WAY TOO fricking LONG

Not at all.  There was a lot to say, and he said it succintly.
Damn Bobby Petrino!!!  What the Starkville was he thinking?

Offline Hognarok

• Tush Hog
  • Port Tobacco carriage maker
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2012, 04:54:54 PM »
4 year win totals:

Nutt: 9 - 8 - 6 - 7 = 30

Petrino: 5 - 8 - 10 - 11 = 34

Year 5:

Nutt: 9-5; SEC West Co-Champions of the World; Lost to Minnesota in Music City Bowl

Petrino: Care to make a prediction whether we'll have a better season?

Here are the teams that Petrino's Razorbacks have lost to in the past four years:

2008 – USC-e (7-6) Ole Miss (9-4) Miss. St. (4-8) +Florida (13-1) *Alabama (12-2) *Texas (12-1) UK (7-6)
2009 – LSU (9-4) Ole Miss (9-4) +Alabama (14-0) *Florida (13-1) Georgia (8-5)
2010 – +Auburn (14-0) Alabama (10-3) *tOSU (12-1)
2011 – +LSU (13-1) +Alabama (12-1)

*Played in BCS Bowl Game
+Played in National Championship Game

The average record of the opponents they lost to is 11-3 (rounded out from 11.13 Wins - 2.94 Losses)

It has been two years since the Hogs lost to a team that finished the season with fewer than 10 wins and nearly three years since they lost to an opponent who finished with fewer than 9 wins.  With his players and his system fully in place Petrino is not going to lose to a lesser opponent.  From what I've seen and heard this is also reflected in Petrino's Hog teams playing against the spread.

Offline GolfingHog

• Tush Hog
  • Calmer than you are.
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2012, 04:59:28 PM »
Here are the teams that Petrino's Razorbacks have lost to in the past four years:

2008 – USC-e (7-6) Ole Miss (9-4) Miss. St. (4-8) +Florida (13-1) *Alabama (12-2) *Texas (12-1) UK (7-6)
2009 – LSU (9-4) Ole Miss (9-4) +Alabama (14-0) *Florida (13-1) Georgia (8-5)
2010 – +Auburn (14-0) Alabama (10-3) *tOSU (12-1)
2011 – +LSU (13-1) +Alabama (12-1)

*Played in BCS Bowl Game
+Played in National Championship Game

The average record of the opponents they lost to is 11-3 (rounded out from 11.13 Wins - 2.94 Losses)

It has been two years since the Hogs lost to a team that finished the season with fewer than 10 wins and nearly three years since they lost to an opponent who finished with fewer than 9 wins.  With his players and his system fully in place Petrino is not going to lose to a lesser opponent.  From what I've seen and heard this is also reflected in Petrino's Hog teams playing against the spread.

Offline aNiMaL

• Selling The Drama daily
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2012, 05:03:44 PM »
I think we have come to the part of this journey where we see how much drop off there is when you lose 5 or 6 draft potential seniors in addition to a few others that were key contibutors on this team. There is no doubt of where this staff can take this program but automatically assuming 11+ wins a season is still a might lofty.

I'd like to send a S/O to Orvelle Henry, the original darksider for seeing early on what took a lot of us a few added years of ignorant bliss to discover.
And so it was that later
As the miller told his tale
That her face, at first just ghostly,
Turned a whiter shade of pale

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • greets apathy like an old friend
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2012, 05:42:09 PM »
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline wmr

• Locally Grown, 100% Organic
  • King of the Hogs
  • (.) (.)
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2012, 06:00:41 PM »
Definitely frick Chuck Barrett and Rick Schaeffer. 

frick everybody who ever defended Nutt.
LSU fans are tres gauche.

Offline Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2012, 06:52:58 PM »
Fantastic thread starting post.

Arkansas fans have been made to walk a lonely road because we were the first, and still, only fanbase to actually revolt and take BACK our program from the Good Old Boy network.

Penn State fans mealymouthed and drank Kool-Aid while their staff put up substandard performance and swept child abuse under the rug, possibly dooming that program forever.
Texas fans are keeping themselves warm at night to the glow of a Rivals Web page with imaginary championships.

Hog fans fought back once they realized that no one was going to step in - really, it is just another legacy of that hillbilly self reliance that made this state and region what it is.  The rest of America can scorn us, but we know what our own people did.   We don't need the rest of the world's condescending approval.  Frick 'em. 

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2012, 07:14:15 PM »
frick you too TulsaPerv.  I know you're reading this while pining for the way things used to be. 

Offline HogofWar

• King of the Hogs
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2012, 07:15:17 PM »

Arkansas fans have been made to walk a lonely road because we were the first, and still, only fanbase to actually revolt and take BACK our program from the Good Old Boy network.

Penn State fans mealymouthed and drank Kool-Aid while their staff put up substandard performance and swept child abuse under the rug, possibly dooming that program forever.
Texas fans are keeping themselves warm at night to the glow of a Rivals Web page with imaginary championships.

Hog fans fought back once they realized that no one was going to step in - really, it is just another legacy of that hillbilly self reliance that made this state and region what it is.  The rest of America can scorn us, but we know what our own people did.   We don't need the rest of the world's condescending approval.  Frick 'em.

This.  :thumbup:

Offline hogoffate

• A Shoat
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2012, 07:38:51 PM »
I think Little Wally Hall deserves a special "frick you" and all the other Nutt licking media could have one also,

just sayin'

Offline Boondoggle

• Tush Hog
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 08:10:31 PM »
Arkansas just finished in the top 5 for the first time since 1977, when I was 2 years old.

We were told we were just lil' ole Arkansas, and we should be happy just to be competitive.  We were told that with any kind of success, we had to rebuild and endure 4 win seasons.  Goals like the BCS were setting the bar far too high.  Even our lifetime AD and winningest coach told us that we were "9th in potential". An occasional trip to Atlanta to be sodomized by a team that actually belonged there was all we could hope for, they said.

Despite a .500 record, our coach was enough of an asshole he flirted with the likes of LSU and Nebraska trying to get a raise.  He disrespected our players and our fans regularly.  The Springdale kids and Malzahn were belittled and lied to, but so were hosts of others.

When we became dissatisfied, we were called a lunatic fringe.  We were called crazies and wackos and at the very least unrealistic. 

We were told that losing that coach would "set the program back 20 years".

When one of our own was ballsy enough to use the FOIA to discover exactly how bad things were, he was ridiculed, harassed and his yard was destroyed.  Some other good people were trampled as well, but not like Thomas McAfee was.

All we wanted was effort, accountability, and professionalism in our program.

Now we have a new AD, we have one of the top 2 football coaches in America, and we have a top 5 football team.

We were right, and they were wrong.

So frick you, Chuck Barrett.

Double frick you, Rick Shaffer.

Frank, I appreciated what you did back in the day, I really do.  But you fricked up the program for 2 decades after you were done coaching, so frick you, too.

Theresa Prewitt and Sherry Darby, frick you with the giant black double-headed dildo of shame.

OBVIOUSLY frick you, Houston.  frick your GD golden handcuffs.  Stay outside of our state and live in shame in that hellhole to the East of us. 

frick you James Shibest, you Benedict Arnold SOB.  You are dead to us.  The rest of MSM?  frick you, too.

frick you Grit for deleting any kind of criticism on your board.

frick anyone too insignificant to even remember anymore that helped or enabled the old regime.

We are the 5%, and WE WERE RIGHT.

Thank you to those who made it possible.  Not the douches with the banner, the guys from here.  Thomas McAfee, Eddie Christian, Razorgasm, and everyone that contributed.  Thank Elvis for giving us a place for dissent to occur.  Thanks to the media with the balls to be honest about Hootie.

Thank you Bobby Petrino, for choosing the University of Arkansas.  I don't know why of all of your options that you selected Fayetteville, but you'll never be more appreciated and more staunchly defended.  You can curse as much as you want here, we DGAF.

Thank you to Jeff Long for seeing the light on hiring Petrino, and then busting your ass to enable him to have all of the resources he needs and raising the money to give it to him, and seeing the value of a great coach and locking him down.

We were right, and I never imagined it could feel this fricking good.  The crazy thing is, it's about to get even better. 

Soak it up, bitches.

I have no problem with the banner. At least it shook things up and started the ball rolling towards getting Nutt and his posse cleared out of Arkansas.

You forget, the situation absolutely required some futile and stupid gesture be done on somebody's part...and the banner people were just guys to do it...

Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
  • greets apathy like an old friend
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 08:51:58 PM »
Awesome thread.   :thumbup:  Goes great with booze, too.
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline Big Sausage Pizza

• Bow Chicka Wow Wow
  • A Shoat
  • b00bs > n00bs
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 08:53:11 PM »
And frick Jim Lindsey.

I'm really not sure where Jim Lindsey falls into this conversation, but either way I just wanted to add him to the frick you list as well. 

Offline HighOnHogs

• King of the Hogs
  • Woo Pig Sooiee
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2012, 08:56:17 PM »
Great post.    It's weird how we went from such disgust and frustrations that helped create our message boards to today where we are all in agreement finally for the most part.   We just couldn't accept that we can't be up there in the top of the SEC.  Now we are.  It does feel good, it feels allsome!

That being said, frick you mother frickers to Starkville!

Offline UnderHog

• Keeper of the Flame
  • Wild Hog
  • More is better than less.
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2012, 10:44:24 PM »
An example of their low expectations for the program was the prediction that firing Hootie would set the program back 20 years. It apparently set it back about 35 years.
There are no free lunches.

Offline ElvisHog

• Where have you gone Walter Cronkite, and why have you been replaced by the likes of woopig.net?
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2012, 11:10:26 PM »

Offline PorkSaladAnnie

• Tush Hog
« Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 09:07:32 AM »
 :bird:
And the hugest non- pleasure ribbed anal Frick You of all to Quinn Grovey, who is responsible for the hiring of HDNutt.
"Whether you're Black or White;
 Country, Redneck or Freak;
 Young or Old;
 From London, to Moscow or Memphis;
 Elvis Presley will still be the King of Rock & Roll."

Offline The Red Death

• Harnessing the spirit of John Robert Starr since 2005
  • Boar
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2012, 09:35:38 AM »
I would also like to thank myself.  I hated Dale from the beginning and I still do.  And I'm still a dick to all Stepford Fans to this very day.
The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #44 on: January 12, 2012, 09:43:05 AM »
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #45 on: January 12, 2012, 09:46:14 AM »
And the hugest non- pleasure ribbed anal Frick You of all to Quinn Grovey, who is responsible for the hiring of HDNutt.
One of the many beautiful things about the woopig. You can hold a grudge for fricking ever, and no one is going to tell you that you need to be a bigger person and let it go. If they do, they'll get told to frick off as well.

ADDENDUM: Quinn Grovey needs a "frick You" along with Shibest. His ass is a big reason Hootie was here.

RM
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #46 on: January 12, 2012, 10:30:38 AM »
Well, it's fricking year 5 of the BMFP regime. Think about that.

And there have been no flirtations with other jobs or requests for 2 year passes. And the hogs have won 21 football games the last 2 seasons.

I'm feeling good about that.

BMFP was going to Tejas no?
AYFSM?

Offline Boondoggle

• Tush Hog
  • Oh no!!! We suck again!!!
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2012, 10:42:02 PM »
An example of their low expectations for the program was the prediction that firing Hootie would set the program back 20 years. It apparently set it back about 35 years.

You're absolutely fricking right about that -- 1977 -- the last year we finished in the Top 5!!! :borat:
Oh no!!!! We suck again!!!

Good Ol' Arkansas Football: a Long, LONG way from relevance.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #48 on: January 13, 2012, 06:42:11 AM »

Out-fricking-standing. :thumbup:

Just ask the Axis

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #49 on: January 13, 2012, 01:27:39 PM »
I think Little Wally Hall deserves a special "frick you" and all the other Hootie licking media could have one also,

just sayin'

You got that wrong.  Actually, Wally Hall deserves a special 'thank you' for daring to question the Broyles/Hootie regime in his articles when others in the press were criticizing the fans.  Wally Hall is a bad sports writer and a cornpone, but he did have courage enough to go against others in the Arkansas media.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.355 seconds with 21 queries.