Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here's to the 5%  (Read 13500 times)

Offline JoeBobHog

• Git to fuckin'.
  • King of the Hogs
  • your wife's puthy tastes like sweet butter.
Re: Here's to the 5%
« Reply #50 on: January 13, 2012, 01:40:26 PM »
You got that wrong.  Actually, Wally Hall deserves a special 'thank you' for daring to question the Broyles/Hootie regime in his articles when others in the press were criticizing the fans.  Wally Hall is a bad sports writer and a cornpone, but he did have courage enough to go against others in the Arkansas media.

at the very end, maybe.

he doesn't get a pass from me.

:notexas:
Irvin: BWAAHAHAHA! (yelling) Aw mane!  Deion, scrin scranton!  BWAAHAHAHA!  Got to grisna!  Like T.O.!  BWAAHAHAHA!
Sanders: BWAAHAHAHA!
Marino: OK, well like we were saying before, McNair will display the toughness and show the kind of heart that...
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (yelling) You know I scrilleous crate!  Grab a pen in traven!  BWAAAHAHAHA!  Sh*t!  Now I'm say!  Aw mane!
Sanders: HA HA!  Crenious shanta!  BWAAAHAHAHA!
Marino: What?
Irvin: BWAAAHAHAHA! (pushes Sanders in shoulder, falls backward out of chair)
Sanders:  Aw mane!
Irvin: (from ground)  BWAAAHAHAHA!

H.P. 4/27/04

Offline Splurge

• is crawling on his belly clearing out what could have been
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #51 on: January 13, 2012, 01:43:11 PM »
You got that wrong.  Actually, Wally Hall deserves a special 'thank you' for daring to question the Broyles/Hootie regime in his articles when others in the press were criticizing the fans.  Wally Hall is a bad sports writer and a cornpone, but he did have courage enough to go against others in the Arkansas media.

You must be very young.  His lips were sealed until about late 2006 or 2007.  In fact, he defended him on too many occassions.

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #52 on: January 13, 2012, 01:52:06 PM »
You must be very young.  His lips were sealed until about late 2006 or 2007.  In fact, he defended him on too many occassions.

The only time I heard him criticize Nutt, was the "Articles on the Coffee Table of Recruits" discussion on the radio. When Malzahn and the Springdale players left, more fans, including myself, were ready for Nutt to go. I think Wally finally jumped off the bandwagon and joined the criticism.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #53 on: January 13, 2012, 01:52:33 PM »

at the very end, maybe.

Exactly. Wally jumped on once everything was going down and he knew it was safe to do so.

You people know why McAfee did an FOI, right? Because he heard the ADG(yes, that means Wally) had done one and gotten phone records showing the contact between Nutt and Prewett but were too chickenshit to report about it. So McAfee sent an FOI asking for the exact same records the ADG had gotten.

Wally is probably one of the worst because he had facts in his hand that he refused to report on until the 48 page document was released and everything had blown up.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2012, 01:56:49 PM »

I'd like to see some links to columns where Wally (or anyone on his staff at the ADG) showed an ounce of guts to criticize Frank or Nutt at any point prior to the Prewett email.

Wally was all too happy to hop on the ride once FANS had taken some initiative to get the tide turning against Nutt & Broyles, but I don't recall him doing frick-all on the front end.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Sliver72

• Doesn't roll on Shabbos.
  • Boar
« Reply #55 on: January 13, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
He was a real Wally-Come-Lately.
...as for me and my house, we will call the Hogs.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
  • Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2012, 04:28:58 PM »
Exactly. Wally jumped on once everything was going down and he knew it was safe to do so.

You people know why McAfee did an FOI, right? Because he heard the ADG(yes, that means Wally) had done one and gotten phone records showing the contact between Nutt and Prewett but were too chickenshit to report about it. So McAfee sent an FOI asking for the exact same records the ADG had gotten.

Wally is probably one of the worst because he had facts in his hand that he refused to report on until the 48 page document was released and everything had blown up.

This is 100% fact.  McAfee FOI'ed the Dem-Gaz FOI.  That's what he got, and where the 48 page report came from.

So, frick Wally Hall and his band of ball-less jamokes. 

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2012, 04:30:46 PM »
Well I guess that settles it......................frick bandwagon Wally.
Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2012, 05:52:27 PM »
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Offline clintcommander

• Take it easy... and if its easy, take it twice!
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2012, 06:19:23 PM »
He was a real Wally-Come-Lately.

Don't matter how stumpy he is.
If we win, I'll light my dick on fire and slam my balls in a door on youtube, with a smile on my face.

Online WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2012, 07:35:14 PM »
Well I guess that settles it......................frick bandwagon Wally.

So once again, even with Wally, iNOVA comes up short.
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline Satriale

• [expletive deleted]
  • Tush Hog
« Reply #61 on: January 14, 2012, 10:48:50 AM »
Definitely back in the day.  If Ron Huery bangs your girlfriend recently, that is not cool. 

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 12:39:29 PM »
I'd like to see some links to columns where Wally (or anyone on his staff at the ADG) showed an ounce of guts to criticize Frank or Hootie at any point prior to the Prewett email.

Wally was all too happy to hop on the ride once FANS had taken some initiative to get the tide turning against Hootie & Broyles, but I don't recall him doing frick-all on the front end.

You could offer to pay the demo gazette the $2.99 an article fee.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 12:45:47 PM »

at the very end, maybe.

Yes, Wally was late in the game, but better than never like the others.  You can't expect a writer for conservative paper to go viral like a message board poster.  You never know if his few, late critiques didn't help tip the wagon.  And I don't recall he criticizing the fans either. 
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 01:10:48 PM by iNOVAhog »

Online WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 01:21:01 PM »

The demo gazette is a greedy corporation.  Greedy corporations already have too much of our money.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 04:10:05 PM »
The demo gazette is a greedy corporation.  Greedy corporations already have too much of our money.

2-3 articles is throwing away good beer money.

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 04:43:18 PM »
Wally helped cover for Nutt and sucked at the teat of the Good Old Boy system for years letting Frank and Jim Lindsey run roughshod over the good of the Program. 

He came very late to the party after the ball was already rolling down the hill, but with his being the only opinion that a huge percentage of our state reads, it was an important step to finally finish kicking down the door.

There were people that spent hours going through those phone records and analzying that data that have never been given proper thanks.... and if I recall, one even lost her job over some of it.  That may be my bad memory though. 

I did nothing more than observe, for the most part, but I am thankful to those folks who took on the status quo.  Masterson probably had about as much impact when it came to starting criticism of the Frank and Nutt circus in the public papers.

I don't bash the 50 people protesting in the parking lot or the banner folks.  I know they didn't have the effect that McAfee did, coming face to face with Nutt and his shyster lawyer and staring him down, but they did have an effect and it all added up.  Every one of those protests, from the guy who made the shirt criticizing Nutt's "accomplishments" to the fans who sarcastically clapped when a QB threw a long incomplete to the Springdale restaurants putting up "The Wrong Coach Left" signs - every one of those things were part of the process of letting that scum sucking predator and grifter Houston Nutt know that he was going to become more of an enemy every day in this state. 

Like I said, the fans of this program began the process of taking it back from the Good Old Boy network.  No other fan base has ever done it.  I think we have a lot to be proud of. 

Online WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 05:44:11 PM »
2-3 articles is throwing away good beer money.

That $2.99 would be better put towards a new bicycle intertube.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 09:59:10 PM »

Or you could just back up your own horseshit.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #69 on: January 15, 2012, 08:00:48 AM »
Or you could just back up your own horseshit.

Not a reasonable request when demozette articles are not freely accessible.

Offline Aporkalypse_Now

• King of the Hogs
  • That's the way baseball go
« Reply #70 on: January 15, 2012, 09:10:56 AM »
I'd like to see some links to columns where Wally (or anyone on his staff at the ADG) showed an ounce of guts to criticize Frank or Hootie at any point prior to the Prewett email.

Wally was all too happy to hop on the ride once FANS had taken some initiative to get the tide turning against Hootie & Broyles, but I don't recall him doing frick-all on the front end.

Wally criticized Nutt plenty before that.

He got real gunshy after he wrote some pretty critical articles and then we went on a winning streak.  This was the "How you like me now?" season.  Nutt called him out on it.  From what I heard Nutt would never really talk to him again after that, and Wally was embarassed he pulled the trigger too soon.

What most of us were upset about was that he didn't make a bigger deal out of the Mustain/Malzahn stuff and that he didn't address it sooner, and there's no argument there.

Aside from minor media like Brandon Marcello at the Traveler and Scott Faldon and a couple of others, none of the major media dared go after him.  The Morning News didn't.  Wally helped in the end with ensuring Nutt got canned and getting the truth out there, so I can't get pissed at him.

That being said, frick the rest of our media for making a bigger deal out of Petrino saying a couple cuss words on the sideline than Nutt lying and running off 2 of our best players and a coach he made false promises to.

Offline bakervscarrr

• puts honey on his pizza
  • Administrator
  • Boar
« Reply #71 on: January 15, 2012, 09:55:45 AM »
Thank you, Bobby Petrino, for spending every waking and sleeping second thinking about how to beat LSU and Alabama next year, while we as fans break our arms patting ourselves on the back.

You're the coach. You win.  We're the fans. We revel.  That's how it works.

Thank you for recognizing that, you stone-cold cyborg assassin.  That's what got the last guy in trouble more than anything else.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #72 on: January 15, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »
Wait.  Wally had the phone records and sat on them?  The famous FOI was to the DemoGaz?  For stuff they were sitting on? 

My.  I call bullshit on any defense of Wally, he was an enabler of the worst kind, then kicked Dale only once he figured he was down already.  What a chickenshit.

Just ask the Axis

Online Cerdo

• I am Strawman
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #73 on: January 15, 2012, 10:44:40 AM »
Pretty much, yes, to your question.

The Dem Gaz did an FOI for the info.  They wrote a sketchy article yammering about how puzzling it all seemed but not really going in to any kind of detail for us little people. 

McAfee simply used the same FOI the Dem Gaz had put in and got the same information that they had received.  He looked at it, was bewildered by the craziness of it all, and started to wonder aloud about all these texts and such.  Other people looked at it and started picking up on the stuff - like someone recognizing Donna Bragg's phone number at all the crazy times and putting two and two together. People had been discussing Nutt and her having an affair LONG before the FOI's came out.  Other people noticed the time stamp on stuff like Nutt making calls and texts 5 minutes before kickoff and it kind of bothered reasonable people. 

Other people did FOI's as well;  if I recall, some were even other news organizations.  It is appalling how little reporting anyone ever actually did. 

There were even crazy references to incriminating information on Danny Nutt's computers that none of our media could be bothered to even dig in to.  Many people feel Danny probably put together much of the language in the emails harassing Mustain.  There is a very good poster on here who remarked WEEKS before the emails that Danny was walking around bitching to anyone that would listen about how he hated Mustain and the Springdale kids and Gus.  There were emails LONG after the Interception King one sent to Mustain and his mother harrassing them with anonymous threats and such.  It is a shame that the average football and Hog fan really wants to learn so little of the whole situation, because it really is quite shameful. 

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #74 on: January 15, 2012, 03:26:57 PM »
Wait.  Wally had the phone records and sat on them?  The famous FOI was to the DemoGaz?  For stuff they were sitting on? 

My.  I call bullshit on any defense of Wally, he was an enabler of the worst kind, then kicked Dale only once he figured he was down already.  What a chickenshit.
Yep, this is a quote from the UofA employee that handled the FOI request that lead to the 48 page document....

Your FOIA request appears to mirror a FOIA request previously sent to the University by Bob Holt of the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

So the ADG( Bob Holt specifically, but obviously Wally knew about it) had the exact same info before the FOI by McAfee was even submitted.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.284 seconds with 21 queries.