Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Here's to the 5%  (Read 13364 times)

Offline UnderHog

• Keeper of the Flame
  • Wild Hog
  • More is better than less.
Re: Here's to the 5%
« Reply #75 on: January 15, 2012, 04:51:12 PM »
Wally criticized Hootie plenty before that.

He got real gunshy after he wrote some pretty critical articles and then we went on a winning streak.  This was the "How you like me now?" season.  Hootie called him out on it.  From what I heard Hootie would never really talk to him again after that, and Wally was embarrassed he pulled the trigger too soon.

What most of us were upset about was that he didn't make a bigger deal out of the Mustain/Malzahn stuff and that he didn't address it sooner, and there's no argument there.

Aside from minor media like Brandon Marcello at the Traveler and Scott Faldon and a couple of others, none of the major media dared go after him.  The Morning News didn't.  Wally helped in the end with ensuring Hootie got canned and getting the truth out there, so I can't get pissed at him.

That being said, frick the rest of our media for making a bigger deal out of Petrino saying a couple cuss words on the sideline than Hootie lying and running off 2 of our best players and a coach he made false promises to.

Bob Caudle ( a non-sports person at the Morning News) went after Hootie early.  But the Stephens interests told him to stop if he intended to remain in their employ.  I think Hootie went to the higher ups whenever criticized.  However, he was more effective at influencing some outlets than others. 
There are no free lunches.

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 10:59:17 PM »
Not a reasonable request when demozette articles are not freely accessible.

Of course you would consider a challenge to back up your horseshit an unreasonable request.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Thunderbolt of Flaming Wisdom
  • Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #77 on: January 16, 2012, 07:07:48 AM »
I don't know why anyone would defend Wally Hall on this.  He kicked Nutt on the way out the door, when it was safe, just like he's always done with every coach.

He did it to Hatfield.  He did it to Eddie.  He did it to Nolan.  He did it it Crowe, Ford, and yes, Nutt.

Wally smalls has no balls.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #78 on: January 16, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »
I don't know why anyone would defend Wally Hall on this.  He kicked Hootie on the way out the door, when it was safe, just like he's always done with every coach.

He did it to Hatfield.  He did it to Eddie.  He did it to Nolan.  He did it it Crowe, Ford, and yes, Hootie.

Wally smalls has no balls.

Most of you don't have a subscription to the demogette, so you wouldn't have read his articles in that period like I did.  I don't know when you considered nutt already out the door, but here's a reference to wally criticizing nutt and taking aMm for it long before he was headed out the door:

http://www.arktimes.com/RockCandy/archives/2007/02/09/nutt-and-wally-go-at-it-and-the-buzz-has-it

Read the reader's posts too.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #79 on: January 16, 2012, 08:09:39 AM »

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 08:23:00 AM »
And Wally just sat there...Nutt lovin Smiff suckin cock.

Offline muslimsdonteatme

• Administrator
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 08:34:35 AM »
Most of you don't have a subscription to the demogette, so you wouldn't have read his articles in that period like I did.  I don't know when you considered nutt already out the door, but here's a reference to wally criticizing nutt and taking aMm for it long before he was headed out the door:

http://www.arktimes.com/RockCandy/archives/2007/02/09/nutt-and-wally-go-at-it-and-the-buzz-has-it

Give me a break.  You think I need a subscription to read the Dem-Gaz?  Is this your first day at woopig?

We all read that article when it came out, and we all listened to that radio spot where Wally suddenly had nothing to say when challenged by Nutt.  They both looked like utter fools that day.

Offline Snorts

• Boar
  • 7 Screaming Diz Busters
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 08:54:54 AM »
I have a subscription.  I remember thinking:  "what does this fricking clown have to do before the paper starts taking him to task?  Not a few words wondering, but taking the program to task?" 

But, this discussion starts with the DemGaz sitting on the phone records after FOI-ing them.  Lets start with that.  It is concrete, an action that can be placed in context to the date.

Any defense of Wally is BS.  He sat on the phone records.
Just ask the Axis

Offline shortstop6

• Cooled-Out Buddhist Cowboy
  • Administrator
  • Boar
  • Lathed from solid envy, thick with menace.
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2012, 09:00:40 AM »

Nice work. 

You've cited an article and incident that occurred AFTER the Prewett email had circulated...AFTER Wally's own paper had FOI'd Nutt and done nothing...AFTER Williams had transferred...AFTER Malzahn had taken a "promotion" at Tulsa following the Lee re-hire...AFTER Mustain had requested his release for transfer...AFTER Frank had melted down under questioning from fans in Dallas...

Yeah.  Wally was right out there leading the charge with this one.
I'm an outdoorsman.  I like getting drunk on patios.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2012, 10:08:46 AM »
I’ve always taken the local paper wherever I lived.  I can’t see taking a aMm while reading an ipad.  I think the DemGaz is pretty good, but the sports section is pretty bad, mostly because of Wally Hall’s attempt at writing and, I’m sure his “leadership” as sports editor.

I swear, every column of his is like the speaker noise they play over and over to get you to crack during resistance training.  I get confused as to which paper I’m supposed to wipe my ass with.

Yesterday’s absurd similes:

…gone over about as well as a dirty diaper at a debutante ball.

…shot down faster than a one-winged duck over the White River.
 ::)

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2012, 06:03:38 PM »
I’ve always taken the local paper wherever I lived.  I can’t see taking a aMm while reading an ipad.  I think the DemGaz is pretty good, but the sports section is pretty bad, mostly because of Wally Hall’s attempt at writing and, I’m sure his “leadership” as sports editor.

I swear, every column of his is like the speaker noise they play over and over to get you to crack during resistance training.  I get confused as to which paper I’m supposed to wipe my ass with.

Yesterday’s absurd similes:

…gone over about as well as a dirty diaper at a debutante ball.

I read those. Cornball is the word I think of. No one thinks Wally's funny except Wally>

…shot down faster than a one-winged duck over the White River.
 ::)
Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline Hogwildpigcrazy

• Tush Hog
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2012, 06:04:46 PM »
Quote feature is being a little bitch tonight.
Our founding fathers would have been shooting by now.

Offline Tanny Bogus

• Haunting Wickes since the mid-50's
  • Boar
  • Longtime Fan of Randolph Mantooth
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2012, 06:54:12 PM »
The only firing that Wally was proposing early was Nolan's back when his daughter was dying. 

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2012, 08:42:18 AM »
Nice work. 

You've cited an article and incident that occurred AFTER the Prewett email had circulated...AFTER Wally's own paper had FOI'd Hootie and done nothing...AFTER Williams had transferred...AFTER Malzahn had taken a "promotion" at Tulsa following the Lee re-hire...AFTER Mustain had requested his release for transfer...AFTER Frank had melted down under questioning from fans in Dallas...

Yeah.  Wally was right out there leading the charge with this one.

I'll find others, hold your horses.  But was Nutt already out the door, or did he coach another season?

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #89 on: January 17, 2012, 09:47:40 AM »
I'll find others, hold your horses.  But was Nutt already out the door, or did he coach another season?
Seriously....stfu.

There is one fact here that is proven and all that really matters....he had the info from the FOI and did nothing, until the info was all over the place thanks to the 48 page document. That's it. He had that info, and did nothing about it. So frick him.

McAfee put it best before any of this even blew up..."If the media won't bring it to the masses, the masses will bring it to the media."

It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2012, 11:42:21 AM »
Seriously....stfu.

There is one fact here that is proven and all that really matters....he had the info from the FOI and did nothing, until the info was all over the place thanks to the 48 page document. That's it. He had that info, and did nothing about it. So frick him.

He had what info?  Raw data, right, not the 48 page document with the analysis?  Given Wally's limited talents in writing sports articles, why would anyone expect him to be able to analyze a FOIA document dump and come to the same conclusions as Mr. McAfee's smarter friend? 

What really matters is the information came out in the form a the 48 page document which ignited a media firestorm condeming McAfee and the fans that opposed Nutt and Wally took the side of McAfee contrary to his peers in the local and national media. 

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2012, 11:44:25 AM »
He had what info?  Raw data, right, not the 48 page document with the analysis?  Given Wally's limited talents in writing sports articles, why would anyone expect him to be able to analyze a FOIA document dump and come to the same conclusions as Mr. McAfee's smarter friend? 

What really matters is the information came out in the form a the 48 page document which ignited a media firestorm condeming McAfee and the fans that opposed Nutt and Wally took the side of McAfee contrary to his peers in the local and national media.
If he wasn't smart enough to do anything with it, why did his department request it in the first place?
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Offline Cove Hog

• aka...Brother Honkey
  • Tush Hog
  • I'm gonna need a hacksaw.
« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2012, 11:45:46 AM »
What really matters is the information came out in the form a the 48 page document which ignited a media firestorm condeming McAfee and the fans that opposed Nutt and Wally took the side of McAfee contrary to just minutes before his peers in the local and national media.
Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Offline Hogeye_Pierce

• Tush Hog
  • Wink, wink, nudge, nudge
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2012, 11:56:46 AM »
  I can’t see taking a aMm while reading an ipad. 

Don't knock it 'til you've tried it. Course you DO have to have the wireless interwebs to do it.

Online WPFM

• Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2012, 12:37:04 PM »
Given Wally's limited talents in writing sports articles, why would anyone expect him to be able to analyze a FOIA document dump and come to the same conclusions as Mr. McAfee's smarter friend?

Given your limited capacity to comprehend reality, why would anyone here expect you to grasp it this time around?
Ya'll ever tried to suck a dick for 20 minutes?  It isn't easy.

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2012, 02:54:01 PM »
If Wally was sucking Nutt's balls like some you imply, then why did Teresa Prewitt write him that long scatching Dec. 6 email mentioned in the 48 page document?  Given the subject matter and as pissed as she seemed, I'd bet Wally wrote a really critical article of Nutt which was before any scandal broke. 

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2012, 03:17:12 PM »
If Wally was sucking Nutt's balls like some you imply, then why did Teresa Prewitt write him that long scatching Dec. 6 email mentioned in the 48 page document?  Given the subject matter and as pissed as she seemed, I'd bet Wally wrote a really critical article of Nutt which was before any scandal broke.
Because Teresa Prewett is as stupid as you are and thought Wally mattered and/or was critical. You can "bet" all you want, but you can't find an article to back it up.

And like I said before, none of that matters....all that matters is...

Offline iNOVAhog

• Boar
  • woopig.net
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2012, 03:25:50 PM »
Because Teresa Prewett is as stupid as you are and thought Wally mattered and/or was critical. You can "bet" all you want, but you can't find an article to back it up.

And like I said before, none of that matters....all that matters is...

If Wally's article didn't matter, why was the subject email included in the highly regarded 48 page document? 

Offline LashHog

• King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2012, 03:35:03 PM »
If Wally's article didn't matter, why was the subject email included in the highly regarded 48 page document?
  :D

I can't ever decide if guys like you are fricking around or truly dumb. But work sucks today so it's fun to keep this going for now to distract me.

His article doesn't matter right now, in this conversation, because it has nothing to do with the fact that he knew what went on between Teresa, Mustain and the Nutts and did nothing about it. Nothing else changes that. So frick him.

Offline Southern Yeoman

• Wild Hog
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2012, 04:40:29 PM »
It’ll be interesting to see what Hall plagiarizes out of this stretch of thread.  He gets material off here occasionally.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.339 seconds with 21 queries.