Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 Football Offseason Thread  (Read 95768 times)

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
Re: 2012 Football Offseason Thread
« Reply #100 on: February 21, 2012, 09:48:15 PM »
Tyler Wilson is Chris Low's #17 player in the SEC.  Rated a little low in my book.  He was the best QB in the SEC afterall. 

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/39081/the-secs-top-25-players-no-17

The heck is Dyer doing on a list of the best SEC playas?

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • Boar
  • Unofficial Woopig Golf Tourney Chairman
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »

He played in the SEC last year. Won't be there next year.

Here we go with our postseason countdown of the SEC's best 25 players. Keep in mind that this list is based on the 2011 season and the impact (not only stats) that a player had on his team throughout the season. It's not a projection of how a player will fare in the NFL.
Down at the senior citizens home, doing a couple numbers for the old ladies.

Offline hogggdadi

• Tush Hog
  • I'm watching you on the pig. always
« Reply #102 on: February 22, 2012, 10:27:02 AM »
You only have to be the best team today.

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • Boar

Offline Cove Hog

• aka...Brother Honkey
  • Tush Hog
  • I'm gonna need a hacksaw.
Forecast for tonight is alcohol, low standards and poor decisions.

Offline HoneyBakedPiglet

• aka Fireplace
  • Boar
« Reply #105 on: February 26, 2012, 12:47:14 PM »
Trust me, they look a lot better after midnite and a few beers.

Offline shithead

• Wild Hog
  • woopig.net
« Reply #106 on: February 26, 2012, 01:18:10 PM »
Trust me, they look a lot better after midnite and a few beers.

One of the few certainties in life.

Online Hogtired

• Boar
« Reply #107 on: February 26, 2012, 06:49:13 PM »
I was intrigued by the possibilities of where players will get reps according to "Sunshine Rick" last week after BMFP spoke to supporters in Searcy. I only caught the tail end. Did anyone catch it?
AYFSM?

Offline Satch

• brings nothing to the discussion.
  • Boar
  • I'm crazy for these cupcakes, cousin !
    • The good guys always win... even in the 80's!
« Reply #108 on: February 26, 2012, 07:09:30 PM »
someone didn't get the memo.

but this made up for the oversight
Someone keeps saying' I'm insane to complain about a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt.

Offline Old Dirty Boarstard

• Boar
  • quack
« Reply #109 on: February 26, 2012, 07:32:16 PM »
luckily, designers at nike don't pay attention to message boards.

Offline Hog Leg

• 12th son of the Lama
  • Wild Hog
« Reply #110 on: February 28, 2012, 10:43:54 AM »
Didn't find this on a woopussy search.  The breakup of the Big12.  possibly nsfw cos of the tittay cleavage tops.  I enjoyed it a lot with the volume turned down.   
« Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 10:46:54 AM by Hog Leg »

Offline HipHog

• Resident Racist and Pedophile
  • King of the Hogs
  • Coming soon to the semi weekly Detention report
« Reply #111 on: February 28, 2012, 10:52:18 AM »
Didn't find this on a woopussy search.  The breakup of the Big12.  possibly nsfw cos of the tittay cleavage tops.  I enjoyed it a lot with the volume turned down.   

that sucked
"I played seven years in the NBA," Mayberry said. "But nothing can take away the time I had over here playing for Coach Richardson. They were the best years of my life. Arkansas fans are the best."

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #112 on: February 28, 2012, 11:54:22 AM »

What the heck is John Thompson doing at ASU?  That man is the job hoppingest person I've ever seen.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #113 on: February 28, 2012, 12:32:04 PM »
What the heck is John Thompson doing at ASU?  That man is the job hoppingest person I've ever seen.

Would you rather be Georgia State D-Coordinator or hitched to Gus "Rising Star" Malzahn at a school coming off a 10 win season in your home state?

JT got screwed by Nutt, screwed by Orgeron, aMm the bed at ECU and is looking to get back to the big time.  One or two good years at ASU and he's with Malzahn as a D-Coordinator at an SEC school (Tenn?)

Offline cooter

• Boar
« Reply #114 on: February 28, 2012, 03:16:43 PM »
Would you rather be Georgia State D-Coordinator or hitched to Gus "Rising Star" Malzahn at a school coming off a 10 win season in your home state?

JT got screwed by Nutt, screwed by Orgeron, aMm the bed at ECU and is looking to get back to the big time.  One or two good years at ASU and he's with Malzahn as a D-Coordinator at an SEC school (Tenn?)

Wasn't he going to settle down and be the UCA AD.  Then I thought he went to Georgia to start a program there as head coach.  I may be mistaken.  But this I do know, John Thompson is a friggin job hopper.  He may be the best DC out there but he won't stay at a job.  It's strange.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #115 on: February 28, 2012, 03:54:35 PM »
Wasn't he going to settle down and be the UCA AD.  Then I thought he went to Georgia to start a program there as head coach.  I may be mistaken.  But this I do know, John Thompson is a friggin job hopper.  He may be the best DC out there but he won't stay at a job.  It's strange.

He was at UCA but believe his heart was in coaching.  Was at OM for one year under Orgeron and thought he had a chance at the head job but got swindle but Sexton/Nutt.  Was DC at Ga State under Jim Donnan (who apparently is a bit too much of an old timer.)

You may say he's a job hopper but there are thousands of guys like JT who have to move jobs often for one reason or another.   It's not like he's pulling a Calipari and always looking for the better score.  I'm sure its a tough business to stay in and be successful if you get knocked around a couple of times. 

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #116 on: February 28, 2012, 04:29:52 PM »
He was at UCA but believe his heart was in coaching.  Was at OM for one year under Orgeron and thought he had a chance at the head job but got swindle but Sexton/Hootie.  Was DC at Ga State under Jim Donnan (who apparently is a bit too much of an old timer.)

You may say he's a job hopper but there are thousands of guys like JT who have to move jobs often for one reason or another.   It's not like he's pulling a Calipari and always looking for the better score.  I'm sure its a tough business to stay in and be successful if you get knocked around a couple of times.
Bill Curry is the head man at Georgia St not Donnan. Donnan was too busy with his Ponzi schemes to have time to coach football.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

Offline dour countenance

• A Shoat
  • woopig.net
« Reply #117 on: February 28, 2012, 04:39:32 PM »

JT got screwed by Hootie, screwed by Orgeron, aMm the bed at ECU and is looking to get back to the big time.  One or two good years at ASU and he's with Malzahn as a D-Coordinator at an SEC school (Tenn?)

According to the press release, he wasn't the defensive coordinator at Georgia State, he was coordinator/assistant head coach for scheduling and strategic planning, whatever that is.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #118 on: February 28, 2012, 05:29:30 PM »
Bill Curry is the head man at Georgia St not Donnan. Donnan was too busy with his Ponzi schemes to have time to coach football.

You're right.  My bad.  Was thinking of old ass southern football coaches.

Offline NotoriousPIG

• Boar
« Reply #119 on: February 28, 2012, 05:30:03 PM »
According to the press release, he wasn't the defensive coordinator at Georgia State, he was coordinator/assistant head coach for scheduling and strategic planning, whatever that is.

Even more reason to take the ASU job.  amirite?

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #120 on: March 04, 2012, 10:28:12 AM »
Good, although SC has been a quality win in recent years.

http://www.arkansassports360.com/29845/south-carolina-president-says-south-carolina-likely-to-replace-arkansas-with-texas-am

When Arkansas and South Carolina entered the SEC together in 1992 it made sense that the two schools be paired together as cross-divisional opponents. Neither program had a particularly deep history with other SEC schools and pairing them together kept some long-standing rivalries intact.

Now league presidents and athletic directors apparently see splitting the two up as the move that makes sense with Missouri and Texas A&M set to join the league. The Tigers will join the league’s East Division and the Aggies will be part of the West, and South Carolina President Harris Pastides told The State, a South Carolina-based newspaper, that 13 other schools were in favor of making Arkansas and Missouri permanent rivals.

A vote hasn’t been held yet, but Pastides indicated members favored setting up an annual meeting between the Aggies and Gamecocks, something an online fan poll in The State confirmed was preferred among South Carolina fans.

Arkansas leads the series with the Gamecocks 13-7, including a 7-3 record over the last 10 games. In their most recent meeting, the Razorbacks won 44-28 in Fayetteville.

“We have great respect for Arkansas, but I think it’s fair to say our fans never developed the same kind of passionate rivalry about playing Arkansas that maybe some other university did playing their Western Division rivalry,” Pastides told The State. “I respect the fans. Fans are not often consulted on important decisions and ultimately administrators come and go and coaches come and go and athletic directors come and go and fans stay.”

Fans in Missouri and Arkansas would benefit from the change. Joining the two as permanent opponents would help cut down on travel. Fayetteville and Columbia, Mo. are separated by about 300 miles, making it the shortest road trip for either school.

Arkansas Athletic Director Jeff Long has been an advocate for Missouri to become part of the schedule. His solution was initially to have the Tigers join the SEC West.

“We would like to see Missouri in the West,” Long said at the time Missouri was announced as an incoming member. “We think that makes sense from our standpoint, having them in the West, playing them on a regular basis. ...Long-term I hope there is an opportunity to look at Missouri in the West."

“Again, that’s one school of 14's opinion, but I hope we look at that over time.”

Missouri and Arkansas have met five times with the Tigers leading the series 2-3, including a 38-7 victory in the 2008 Cotton Bowl. (HogDatabase.com has more history on the meetings.)

Recruiting battles between the two schools seem to have added some passion to the rivalry before it begins. Arkansas and Missouri were among the schools courting No. 1 receiver Dorial Green-Beckham. He ultimately chose the Tigers, though the Razorbacks flipped a pair of Missouri commitments during the recruiting process.

Arkansas and Missouri also competed for the services of basketball coach Mike Anderson. Anderson was with the Tigers when hired by Long and the Razorbacks in 2011.

Those factors could amp up the feeling of rivalry if league presidents do indeed vote to swap Arkansas for Texas A&M on the South Carolina schedule. Pastides seemed to indicate to that such a move and an announcement could happen within the next two weeks.

“If all goes the way I think it will, we'll probably be swapping Arkansas for Texas A&M in the fall," Pastides told the Columbia, S.C. ABC affiliate.

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Wild Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #121 on: March 04, 2012, 10:40:27 AM »
Can't help but feel we're getting hosed here, somehow.  What happens when the SEC adds two more teams next year and Missouri then is placed into the West where it rightfully belongs?  We suddenly get paired up with Florida or Georgia every year? 

THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Tyrion Lannister:  "I'm not questioning your program's integrity.  I'm denying it ever existed."

Offline Rob

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #122 on: March 04, 2012, 10:47:56 AM »
Can't help but feel we're getting hosed here, somehow.  What happens when the SEC adds two more teams next year and Missouri then is placed into the West where it rightfully belongs?  We suddenly get paired up with Florida or Georgia every year?
Naaa we'll get Bama when they move them to the east.

Offline DirkPiggler

• The Lyrical Jesse James
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #123 on: March 04, 2012, 08:00:48 PM »

JT didn't really get screwed by Nutt.  He chose to leave to hitch himself to the sinking ship that is Ron Zook.  Can't really blame him though, as he went from working for a tard at a mid-level (at the time) program to working for a tard working for a recent national champion. 

Offline Ty Webb

• Your uncle molests collies.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Hog football will win 6 in '14
« Reply #124 on: March 04, 2012, 08:20:05 PM »

JT got screwed by Hootie, screwed by Orgeron, aMm the bed at ECU and is looking to get back to the big time.  One or two good years at ASU and he's with Malzahn as a D-Coordinator at an SEC school (Tenn?)
JT has had 13 different jobs in the last 25 years. He wasn't getting screwed by anyone. He's a perpetual job hopper.
Don't sell yourself short Judge, you're a tremendous slouch.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.36 seconds with 21 queries.