Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: 2012 Football Offseason Thread  (Read 97955 times)

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
Re: 2012 Football Offseason Thread
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2012, 04:18:38 PM »
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Online pinkphiloyd

• will eat your babies, bitch.
  • Boar
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2012, 05:09:51 PM »
http://www.satansrapture.com/index.htm

I'll aMm my pants if it's Elvis.  The rock and roll legend, not Hog.

I can't explain it; there's some kind of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue.  It makes you feel, like, really sick and tired and you're able to fall asleep.

Offline TC

• Boar
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2012, 05:11:40 PM »

Rumors that Gunner Kiel hasn't shown up to campus at LSU and was supposed to be there on the 14th.

TD is at defcon 4.

Didn't they pass on a few kids to make room for Kiel? 

Offline Old Dirty Boarstard

• Boar
  • quack
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2012, 05:52:13 PM »
looks like les' check must have bounced

Offline Stephen Hawging

• Jeff Long Darksider #000001
  • Tush Hog
  • Plundering taintfolds and taking names
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2012, 06:05:20 PM »
Rumors that Gunner Kiel hasn't shown up to campus at LSU and was supposed to be there on the 14th.

TD is at defcon 4.

Wow, 12 pages already. 

SCike:

"My sources say he will enroll at Notre Dame. He wants LSU, but his parents want Notre Dame."

THIS SEASON BROUGHT TO YOU BY AMERICA'S ATHLETIC DIRECTOR, JEFF LONG!!!!

Implores you bitches to just accept the unyielding, planet-crushing black hole karma of Razorback Football.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #30 on: January 16, 2012, 08:22:08 PM »
Wow, 12 pages already. 

SCike:

"My sources say he will enroll at Notre Dame. He wants LSU, but his parents want Notre Dame."

I guess none of them wanted him to become an NFL qb.

Online Law_Hawg

• Placidly murderous giant
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2012, 12:29:13 PM »

TD is at defcon 4.

Kiel has officially enrolled at Notre Dame.

Also, Barrett Trotter isn't returning to Auburn's team next season.

Caedite eos! Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Offline big_pig

• King of the Hogs
  • Avatars were made to be broken, but not this one!
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2012, 12:41:28 PM »
Meanwhile we have every underclassmen coming back and an awesome group of new kids coming in.

Everything's coming up Millhouse Petrino.
I am not claiming I am right, I am saying I don't get it.

Online Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2012, 12:51:10 PM »

Speaking of underclassmen leaving, here's a ranking of all underclassmen who had declared for the NFL Draft.

Bam.

Offline FayettenamHog

• wants you to go fuck yourself
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bielemania
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2012, 02:51:12 PM »
Dre Kirkpatrick arrested on marijuana charge. I look forward to ESPN ripping this guy apart in the coming months for his "character issues"

http://eye-on-college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/34441154

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs

Online Tusk till Dawn

• King of the Hogs
  • You're killing your father, Larry.
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2012, 06:54:05 PM »
Dre Kirkpatrick arrested on marijuana charge. I look forward to ESPN ripping this guy apart in the coming months for his "character issues"

http://eye-on-college-football.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/24156338/34441154

I think you forgot this:  :sarcasm:

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night keeps TTD from his Hot Damn.

Offline radioman

• Boar
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2012, 10:59:05 AM »
One of his high school coaches told me that he doesn't think he is entering the draft this year.
Saw on RT where Tank Wright tweeted ""well, it's been fun Razorbacks".

I hope this isn't true as we really need him with Bequette graduating. He's solid, but staying another year would really improve his chances of being taken higher in the draft.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #38 on: January 18, 2012, 11:20:06 AM »
One of his high school coaches told me that he doesn't think he is entering the draft this year.

He missed the deadline to declare for the draft (if that was his intention). I haven't seen anything about it since. 

Online HogofWar

• Boar
  • Tits Out, Captain.
« Reply #39 on: January 18, 2012, 02:00:49 PM »
Saw this diddy and was amused, sort of.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/story/_/id/7475166/jay-prosch-leaving-illinois-fighting-illini-transfer-auburn-tigers

Illinois fullback Jay Prosch is transferring to Auburn to be closer to his ailing mother.

Prosch, a 6-foot-1, 250-pound sophomore from Mobile, Ala., filled the role of Illinois' starting lead blocker for the past two seasons and recorded 10 tackles on special teams in 2011. His mother, Iris, was diagnosed with brain cancer last spring and has been receiving treatments both in Mobile and at Duke University in North Carolina.

"Jay Prosch has decided to transfer to Auburn and will be there for the current semester," Illinois coach Tim Beckman said in a statement. "He will have an opportunity to be much closer to his mother, who continues to face health issues. We wish Jay the best as he makes this move."

Another factor in Prosch's decision is that Illinois will run a spread offense under Beckman that won't feature a fullback. Prosch told the Mobile Press-Register that he had received permission from Illinois to talk to 11 of the 12 SEC schools about transferring. Only Arkansas, where former Illinois offensive coordinator Paul Petrino works, was excluded.

Offline LashHog

• is not dead in East End
  • King of the Hogs
  • WooPig
« Reply #40 on: January 18, 2012, 02:11:33 PM »
Saw this diddy and was amused, sort of.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/ncf/story/_/id/7475166/jay-prosch-leaving-illinois-fighting-illini-transfer-auburn-tigers

Illinois fullback Jay Prosch is transferring to Auburn to be closer to his ailing mother.

Prosch, a 6-foot-1, 250-pound sophomore from Mobile, Ala., filled the role of Illinois' starting lead blocker for the past two seasons and recorded 10 tackles on special teams in 2011. His mother, Iris, was diagnosed with brain cancer last spring and has been receiving treatments both in Mobile and at Duke University in North Carolina.

"Jay Prosch has decided to transfer to Auburn and will be there for the current semester," Illinois coach Tim Beckman said in a statement. "He will have an opportunity to be much closer to his mother, who continues to face health issues. We wish Jay the best as he makes this move."

Another factor in Prosch's decision is that Illinois will run a spread offense under Beckman that won't feature a fullback. Prosch told the Mobile Press-Register that he had received permission from Illinois to talk to 11 of the 12 SEC schools about transferring. Only Arkansas, where former Illinois offensive coordinator Paul Petrino works, was excluded.

That is really strange for them to do....it's not like we are going to compete with them any more than anyone else, just because PP spent a year there.

It's just as well though, there is no way he gets any playing time here in front of Kiero Small.
It is better to be a human being dissatisfied than a pig satisfied; better to be Socrates dissatisfied than a fool satisfied.

Online Law_Hawg

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2012, 09:37:51 AM »
Anyone heard if Darrell Smith is transferring?  Javontee tweeted earlier something to the effect of "gonna miss partying with Jacoby and D Smith next year".  Hadn't seen that about Smith anywhere.

Democrat-Gazette said today that Smith is enrolling at Jacksonville State.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2012, 02:45:57 PM »
Does Jerico Nelson have a shot to play in the NFL? He's not NFL-sized LB, but he was very productive here and was pretty much a coach on the field according to Willie. Since he wouldn't be an LB, would he have a shot as a special teamer or maybe a nickel or dime d-back?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 03:14:50 PM by Turd F. »

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2012, 05:44:42 PM »
Does Jerico Nelson have a shot to play in the NFL? He's not NFL-sized LB, but he was very productive here and was pretty much a coach on the field according to Willie. Since he wouldn't be an LB, would he have a shot as a special teamer or maybe a nickel or dime d-back?

I'd think he'll have a shot at STs.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2012, 12:30:51 PM »
Joe Adams has been getting accolades for his practices at the Senior Bowl. Bequette started the week practicing at LB.

http://arkansasnews.com/2012/01/24/blog-adams-makes-impression-in-first-senior-bowl-practice/

Former Arkansas receiver Joe Adams turned in an impressive senior season, earning All-American honors for his all-purpose talents.
Now he’s making an impression at the Senior Bowl.
Adams is one of two Arkansas players — Jake Bequette is the other — participating in the prestigious pre-NFL Draft event this week. He turned some heads with his performance during his first practice.
In fact, Russ Lande of the Sporting News elected Adams as the player who helped himself the most Monday:
“Adams was the most explosive player on the field at the South’s practice in Fairhope (the North practiced in Mobile),” Lande wrote in his Day One recap, which can be found by clicking this link. “He showed excellent quickness to defeat press coverage off the line and top acceleration to threaten the defense vertically. He showed outstanding suddenness to separate from man-to-man coverage, with great body control and balance on the wet field. He torched cornerback Ryan Steed during the one-on-one period. On more than one occasion, he snared the ball out of the air in tight coverage.”
Lande wasn’t alone in his assessment. Below are some other links on Adams:
• Mike Herndon of the Mobile Press-Register wrote that Adams was the “star” of the South’s first day in his Senior Bowl notebook
• The Jacksonville Jaguars have already interviewed Adams at the Senior Bowl this week. Adams told the Florida Times-Union “hopefully they draft me.”
• Bo Wulf of PhiladelphiaEagles.com wrote that Adams turned in a “superlative” practice. Wulf wrote that Adams was the only receiver on the South team who “looked dangerous”
Adams and Bequette – who opened the week working at linebacker Monday — will practice with the South squad all week leading up to the Senior Bowl on Saturday. Coverage from the South’s practice can be found on the NFL Network all week as well. Today’s work will be televised at 4:30 p.m.
— Robbie Neiswanger • Arkansas News Bureau

Online pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2012, 01:19:31 PM »

• The Jacksonville Jaguars have already interviewed Adams at the Senior Bowl this week. Adams told the Florida Times-Union “hopefully they draft me.”

fricking, please...no.
I can't explain it; there's some kind of weird chemical reaction that happens when you combine cat food, beer, and glue.  It makes you feel, like, really sick and tired and you're able to fall asleep.

Offline ocelot_ark

• Boar
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2012, 01:28:13 PM »
Good for Joe.  I think he's going to tear up the NFL.  Jarius? I'm not sure about at that level.  We'll see.  Regardless, as great of a career as Joe had, I still feel like we didn't utilize him enough.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #47 on: January 25, 2012, 01:45:13 PM »
fricking, please...no.
St. Louis, please.
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Offline KCHOGS

• Tush Hog
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2012, 03:32:57 PM »
St. Louis London, please.

fixed it.

wouldn't mind seeing him in a Chief's uniform, but we have no QB or OLine.

Online pinkphiloyd

• Boar
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2012, 06:42:14 PM »
I'm now counting down to the putting up of the counter that counts down to the putting up of the counter that counts down to kick-off.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.265 seconds with 20 queries.