Welcome, Guest! Please login or register. - Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Mitchell on BBall team...  (Read 2156 times)

Offline coophog

• A Shoat
Mitchell on BBall team...
« on: January 15, 2012, 10:46:21 AM »
With him joining the bball team, does anyone else think it means he has seen the writing on the wall? He waited until Wilson announced he was staying to join the team when he could've joined for the Miss St game. I think he knows Allen is the next starting QB at U of A. I hear CBP gave him the okay, but would he give him the okay if he was our next QB? He's missing lots of valuable football time. I like the kid and hope he does well, but I think even if your a backup in the SEC you don't miss valuable offseason football time.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
Re: Mitchell on BBall team...
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2012, 10:48:45 AM »
Or maybe BMFP is just appeasing him to keep him from transferring?  The guy's got some serious talent & skills, and I'm not ready to anoint Brandon Allen the 2nd Coming just yet.

Online aNiMaL

• IT WAS ME!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2012, 11:04:13 AM »
It's time for him to make impact athletically and this is a way to make that happen. Without Mitchell we have 2 scholarship qbs and one of those is a short timer...Bobby isn't running anyone off. It may evolve that the kid goes full time for basketball but it will be after they have complete confidence in Allen and perhaps having brought in a juco qb that they didn't account for having to bring into this class. It's not likely the basketball thing is anything more than a kid wanting to make himself useful.
frick common. Right on corch.

Offline Turd F.

• Token Coonass
  • Boar
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2012, 11:12:48 AM »
Or maybe BMFP is just appeasing him to keep him from transferring?  The guy's got some serious talent & skills, and I'm not ready to anoint Brandon Allen the 2nd Coming just yet.

I keep seeing people say that Allen will take over when Wilson leaves (not saying that you do).

But why do people keep assuming this?

Online aNiMaL

• IT WAS ME!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2012, 11:18:08 AM »
I keep seeing people say that Allen will take over when Wilson leaves (not saying that you do).

The talk is Allen already has as good or better handle on the offense than Wilson. It's talk, until you face sec defenses and take hits...I'm not going to be sold. I have only breifly seen Allen in high school and he looked good but I wasn't ready to crown him.

Offline Clark

• Putting my Kools out on your floor.
  • King of the Hogs
  • UPGRAYEDD. Two D's for a double dose of pimpin'.
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 12:16:22 PM »
The talk is Allen already has as good or better handle on the offense than Wilson. It's talk, until you face sec defenses and take hits...I'm not going to be sold. I have only breifly seen Allen in high school and he looked good but I wasn't ready to crown him.
When the two of you are ready, will you let the rest of us know?
The iconic 'alien' is to us what we are to apes: small, pale, big headed, and with unfathomable technology. We even abduct them for medical experiments. Mind blown.
--Rage

Online aNiMaL

• IT WAS ME!
  • Administrator
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2012, 12:26:20 PM »
When the two of you are ready, will you let the rest of us know?

I'll be sure to send Bobby my blessing. Meanwhile the rest of you can pin your hopes on a untested youngin.

Offline APhiOHog

• My little fairy tale book is better than yours.
  • King of the Hogs
  • Bloozocky.
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2012, 12:27:51 PM »
I'll be sure to send Bobby my blessing. Meanwhile the rest of you can pin your hopes on a untested youngin.

Bingo.  My point was that it's far too early in his career for anybody to sensibly "crown" him, even though that's exactly what 90% of folks have already done.

Offline ArkGuy

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2012, 01:01:29 PM »
The talk is Allen already has as good or better handle on the offense than Wilson. ....

Ok, you got me.  For a moment there, I thought you were serious.

"As the leader of all illegal activities in Casablanca, I am an influential and respected man."

Offline razor1086

• A Shoat
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2012, 01:23:11 PM »

Because of some bullshit hearsay during bowl practice and him being the hometown kid.

It has nothing to do with him being a better QB at this moment, because he's not.

Online Jostlyn McCocksack

• Suck my cock I'll murder your family!!!-jacki mhoon
  • King of the Hogs
  • PWNED.
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2012, 06:42:15 PM »
Allen is really really good.  I will be shocked if he isn't the starting qb after wilson
"Coaches who listen to fans often end up sitting with them."
Bobby Knight

Offline UnderHog

• Keeper of the Flame
  • Wild Hog
  • More is better than less.
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2012, 06:52:38 PM »
Having a coach (who was a pretty fair QB in his day) as a father is a real benefit, physically, developmentally, and otherwise.  Bobby Allen knew what he was doing when he avoided going to lol miss.  He knew his son(s) and he could foresee the probable future here and there.
There are no free lunches.

Offline Das Uberschwein

• Resident Drecksau
  • King of the Hogs
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2012, 06:57:03 PM »

My thoughts too.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2012, 08:17:24 PM »
I don't know which of them will be our next QB, and I'm not real worried.  I believe tBMFP will have us in a position of the win with whoever he picketh.
Regular guy.

That's me.

Offline subliznime

• Don't tread on me!
  • Boar
  • We are the like
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2012, 08:42:01 PM »
Bingo.  My point was that it's far too early in his career for anybody to sensibly "crown" him, even though that's exactly what 90% of folks have already done.
Has the kid played a down of college football yet?
At least you can tell with mitchell with his limited field experience is that he can and will move the ball against sec defenses.
“An intellectual is a person who has discovered something more interesting than sex.”
― Aldous Huxley

Offline Arkansas Proud

• Admins be changing my title daily
  • King of the Hogs
  • No longer just wavin' in the wind
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2012, 08:02:40 AM »
I'd be more than happy with Allen starting as a 3rd year sophomore after a 5th year SR Mitchell after a 4th year JR and 5th year SR Wilson after a 3rd year SO and 4th year JR Mallett.

That's how you build a program, with stability at the QB position.  Not, oh we have Clint Stoerner, wait who do we play now?  John Rutledge?  Then oh, we have Matt Jones, then who do we play now?  Casey Dick?

-- Seven years of reading woopig and there's been nothing better than this --
In my business the biggest challenge is finding young job candidates who if they will actually work, can construct an Engl

Offline Stephen Colboar

• King of the Hogs
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48:33 AM »
I'd be more than happy with Allen starting as a 3rd year sophomore after a 5th year SR Mitchell after a 4th year JR and 5th year SR Wilson after a 3rd year SO and 4th year JR Mallett.

That's how you build a program, with stability at the QB position.  Not, oh we have Clint Stoerner, wait who do we play now?  John Rutledge?  Then oh, we have Matt Jones, then who do we play now?  Casey Dick?

Excuse me?

11   Rodney Hampton   QB   6-2   236   Fr    Mt. Pleasant, TX
13   John Rutledge   QB   6-1   197   So    Searcy, AR
14   Clint Stoerner   QB   6-2   214   Sr    Baytown, TX
15   Jared McBride   QB   6-4   200   So    Nashville, AR
16   Grant Sumner   QB   6-2   217   So    Dallas, TX

LOADED

If it wasn't for Jared McBride's one-play-ankle-injury style at QB, you wouldn't even know who the frick John Rutledge was.

Offline The Reverend Snoophogg

• Ask me about my givafuck. I promise you've never seen one more broken.
  • King of the Hogs
  • All the fricks that were once given have been lost.
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2012, 02:36:45 PM »
Excuse me?

11   Rodney Hampton   

LOADED

If it wasn't for Jared McBride's one-play-ankle-injury style at QB, you wouldn't even know who the frick John Rutledge was.

c'mon man.

Dint be disslin the Hampster.

It's Robbie.  Not Rodney. ::)
Regular guy.

That's me.

WOOPIG.NET   © 2014  Jackson Technologies

Page created in 0.253 seconds with 20 queries.